As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Oh right.

Then my fake vote is for MagicPrime.

The host in me tells me that this is a mafia power.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Oh right.

Then my fake vote is for MagicPrime.

The host in me tells me that this is a mafia power.

I dunno, given the rest of the design I think it's a save-us-from-ourselves power.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I would rather take a random shot at the whole village and maybe hit a mafia than kill a village aligned special for sure.

No Vote

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Here is to hoping a reason to change the vote arises today.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well either way we learn something, and as long as you learn something its not a mistake.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Well either way we learn something, and as long as you learn something its not a mistake.

ehhhhhhh

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Alright, reveal time I suppose. I was hoping at least one other person who hasn't revealed anything would do so but it's getting late enough in the day that I might as well.

I am the one @Raiden333 is one way masoned with. At least I'm pretty sure... I suppose there could be another person out there with the same power and similar role name, but I really doubt it. I'm pretty sure the reason Raiden followed along with my Kilnaga vote was because he knew/was pretty sure I was village.

So yeah, I can compare 2 people each night and find out if they are on the same team. I can't target myself, I can't target dead people, and I can't target anyone twice. So no chain targeting.

So what have my results been?
    Magic Prime and GG - SAME team
    Auralynx and chamberlain - DIFFERENT teams
    Obifett and discrider - DIFFERENT teams

Which would be fine and dandy if not for the insanity mechanic causing doubts about my ability. Though I have a thought on that. If I'm insane, then my ability probably either comes back exactly wrong, or it compares sanity status (I suppose it could be both exactly wrong and comparing sanity status as well). Most likely it comes back exactly wrong. Unfortunately 38th and I haven't been targeting the same people so we can't know if any of these pair share sanity status.

Another possible wrench in the works: discrider is only confirmed village because he was shot by the mafia. If the Mafia actually shot someone else or was roleblocked, it COULD be that disc was killed by the SK and therefor might not be Village after all. Or disc could have been the SK killed by mafia! (This is why disc is a different green color because we can't be sure he was village). The only folks who would know that besides the mafia/sk is any Roleblocker or BusDriver we might have. I think at this point if our bus driver is still alive, they probably need to come forward and reveal all the switches they've made so we can start reconciling our (everyone's) results. Roleblocker maybe still has a reason to stay hidden, though if they've been targetting the same person every night but night 2 where we had an extra kill, that's probably a good reason to come forward as well.

So after all those caveats what can we get out of these results? Well assuming I'm sane and disc is village it would mean that MagicPrime is village, Obi is not village, and one of Aura and chamberlain are not village.

Maybe @MrTLicious or one of the other folks that hasn't revealed (Brody, kime, premium) can supply some more information to help us figure out if my readings are correct or not. For example if someone knows for sure which person who died last night was scum (along with a clarification if an SK would show up scum to that person).

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

ehhhhhhh

This is an Archer quote.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I am the matron, I am village aligned, if I am sane, when I die, the village will be informed of my alignment.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Ok then.

Well this puts us in an awkward spot....

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    My role won't help figuring that stuff out :(

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Alright, so, if Aura is in doubt (since we don't know either of that pair at all), then @Burnage I'd suggest you don't publicly announce your target, as it would possibly be giving the mafia a power.

Also, if MP IS village, then pretty confident Obi is mafia given he's pushed the MP vote everyday.

Ok then.

Well this puts us in an awkward spot....

How so? I don't see it so much awkward as "unclear how to proceed".... Maybe that's what you meant.

I say we let the judge pick between Auralynx/Chamberlain, and then if it turns off Austins kill, we are good, and if it doesn't, Austin has a great target.

Although I can't remember if/what chamberlain revealed as.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Death Seer to specific role.

Also, is MrT is correct, then I shouldn't have a kill tonight as we killed a mafia last night.

@MrTLicious care to expand on who the mafia was that we killed last night?

Brody wrote: »
    I say we let the judge pick between Auralynx/Chamberlain, and then if it turns off Austins kill, we are good, and if it doesn't, Austin has a great target.

Austin won't be able to shoot tonight since we killed a mafia last night (per MrT).

Chamberlain revealed as a "Death Notifier" in that he would be notified once the werewolf died. 38th' has seered him as Insane though so who knows what his ability actually does/if that's a cover role.

Well, we can't verify MrT w/o skipping a vote kill, and I don't know how I feel about that.

Well, we can't verify MrT w/o skipping a vote kill, and I don't know how I feel about that.

Burnage is the one we verify by skipping a vote kill.

If we kill anyone during the day today, we can't corroborate MrT's claims with Austins.

Unless you guys want to kill me as a verifiable village death.

If we kill anyone during the day today, we can't corroborate MrT's claims with Austins.

I see what you're saying, yeah. Well there is also JFP who should be getting results at the start of the day tomorrow assuming he lives thru the night.

Hmmmm.....

My proposal is what JPants said.

Let's keep the vote from killing anyone to allow us to verify Burnage, and have Burnage kill one of Chamberlain/Auralynx and tell us which one he killed.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I can confirm Jpants is the one I'm masoned with.

@Jpants did you at all pick up on the little sciencey hints I was trying to drop day one? :P

At work but will devote my lunch in a couple hours to catching up from last night and contributing.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I can confirm Jpants is the one I'm masoned with.

@Jpants did you at all pick up on the little sciencey hints I was trying to drop day one? :P

At work but will devote my lunch in a couple hours to catching up from last night and contributing.

I caught the "My mason's role name makes him sound insane" thing. Didn't notice any science stuff though. The first couple days were bad timing for me though, I ended up suuuuuuper busy the first several IRL days of the game. Like spend all day knocking out walls and other house renovation stuff busy.

My proposal is what JPants said.

Let's keep the vote from killing anyone to allow us to verify Burnage, and have Burnage kill one of Chamberlain/Auralynx and tell us which one he killed.

That was Brody's idea. I'm not sure I have a better one yet.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016

I don't love this plan, but I'll target Chamberlain and hope for the best.

Nope. That won't work.

Jesus Christ this power.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    FYI, the vote may be closing a couple hours late tonight, as I will be out at a friend's birthday party.

Fry on
    Fry wrote: »
    FYI, the vote may be closing a couple hours late tonight, as I will be out at a friend's birthday party.

Does this mean votes cast after the normal close but before you post that it is closed will count? Or they will not count and you'll just be late to announce the vote closed?

• FryFry Registered User regular
    You can keep voting until I say to stop posting. I'll probably give a five minute warning.

Burnage wrote: »
    If we want specials to reveal, I'm a Judge. I can target someone, and if the vote doesn't kill anyone that night then they'll die.

You'll notice that there was a night where the vote didn't kill anyone and there were a grand total of no deaths. That might cast some doubt on my claim, but that was also the night I was inactive - I didn't get a chance to send an order in.
    If magicprime is telling the truth

I genuinely wouldn't mind taking a bullet to test this. There's a good chance that the mafia will kill me off soon anyway.

I mean for that, aren't we better off just voting him out and then we can verify you the next day?

That might risk killing someone whose power is more useful than a vote replacement, if I correctly understand what magicprime's ability is meant to be.

These seem contradictory. First one says that it's a night action, because you were inacitve Night 3 and that's the night you should have had a kill but didn't. Then you say you have to decide by the end of the day (and you were around for day 3).

If brody is confirm-able village on death have jpants confirm someone as being same alignment as him? I guess the mafia will also never kill brody though. hmm.
    HMMMM

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

If brody is confirm-able village on death have jpants confirm someone as being same alignment as him? I guess the mafia will also never kill brody though. hmm.
    HMMMM

Austin can kill me though. Or the village can vote me out. Actually, another thought.

Do death abilities trigger on inactivus kills?

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Can't say I'm crazy about killing me to verify someone else's power, especially when Kime saying that his power won't help figure anything out sounds like a mafia confession.

If we're all that worried about Brody, we can find another way of checking as well.

JPants should be able to check anyone against me as a village control group.

HMMMM

We'd also need you to target me to see if I'm sane. And both of us would have to live thru the night.

If we're all that worried about Brody, we can find another way of checking as well.

JPants should be able to check anyone against me as a village control group.

Unless you're the SK. Though we might be at the point where worrying about that isn't worth it and we've just got to roll the dice that you're legit.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Our target needs to be someone who hasn't revealed a power. We need some sort of pressure to make them reveal. Hiding information at this point just helps mafia since we have no regular channels to figure stuff out

Yeah, thats the part I keep forgetting, just because you get good results doesnt mean you can post them before you die.

Moridin889 wrote: »
    Our target needs to be someone who hasn't revealed a power. We need some sort of pressure to make them reveal. Hiding information at this point just helps mafia since we have no regular channels to figure stuff out

kime and premium I think are the only ones who haven't revealed. MrT revealed some info but not ability/role.

Yeah, thats the part I keep forgetting, just because you get good results doesnt mean you can post them before you die.

We might be able to do this and do a shell game with the amulet. Essentially have Austin transfer the amulet to either 38th or I (or maybe don't transfer it at all, who knows!) in private at night so the mafia aren't sure which one of us is safe to kill.