As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    How about this:

We "no exectue" the vote. Burnage kills Brody. Aura can target Brody as well for giggles. I compare Brody and Raiden. 38th seers me. If I live and my results say SAME team, we know I'm sane and all my results stand. If my results say DIFFERENT (and Brody does show up village) then we know my results are OPPOSITE (or Brody is a death miller and we're all totally fucked).

If I die, 38th should live and be able to report my sanity and you can at least use the results I've posted so far to work some things out.

@AustinP0027 if we don't kill a mafia with today's vote, or tomorrow actions, OR the next days vote, you can kill again?

JPants wrote: »
    Sadly there's no one else I'm sure is village (still alive).

Uh, Hi.

Yeah I get it, SK concerns but a SK with no Vig? Seems unlikely

Yeah, tiny SK chance makes me not use the word "sure". Cause if you came up as different from Raiden I'd now have bigger worries about you being SK as well as concerens about my own sanity. And that's not really helpful.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Why are we sure Raiden is village?

e: I'm more sure of Austin than Raiden.

MrTLicious on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So basically we need a "fool proof" way to figure out if I'm sane or not, even if I don't live past tonight. One part of that is obviously having 38th sanity seer me.

If 38th' gets taken out however, we need another way. I'm thinking of comparing Raiden and Brody.... Though Brody could be lying. Sadly there's no one else I'm sure is village (still alive).
    I'm the SK, you can try it with me to confirm you get "different" ;)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    How about this:

We "no exectue" the vote. Burnage kills Brody. Aura can target Brody as well for giggles. I compare Brody and Raiden. 38th seers me. If I live and my results say SAME team, we know I'm sane and all my results stand. If my results say DIFFERENT (and Brody does show up village) then we know my results are OPPOSITE (or Brody is a death miller and we're all totally fucked).

If I die, 38th should live and be able to report my sanity and you can at least use the results I've posted so far to work some things out.

AustinP0027 if we don't kill a mafia with today's vote, or tomorrow actions, OR the next days vote, you can kill again?

I think the timing on my / Burnage's powers won't let that play by me work out, but that plan seems solid.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular

@AustinP0027 if we don't kill a mafia with today's vote, or tomorrow actions, OR the next days vote, you can kill again?

Assuming we hit a Mafia last night (n3), correct.

Uh, Hi.

Well I mean, half the point of this game was to have a Phalla game without a standard vig-controlled network. Obviously no death results and PMs are part of that, but another could be just not having a normal vig.

Although it's not super likely, I agree.

Steam profile
    MrTLicious wrote: »

I am. He had all my info from the start of the game including what my power is. If he was mafia I can't imagine they'd let me live. In fact I can't imagine how informing the mafia of my info at the start of the game would be at all balanced. Same for if he was SK.

kime wrote: »

Uh, Hi.

Well I mean, half the point of this game was to have a Phalla game without a standard vig-controlled network. Obviously no death results and PMs are part of that, but another could be just not having a normal vig.

Exactly. Unlikely, but not "out of bounds".

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular

I am. He had all my info from the start of the game including what my power is. If he was mafia I can't imagine they'd let me live. In fact I can't imagine how informing the mafia of my info at the start of the game would be at all balanced. Same for if he was SK.

It's reasonable but relies heavily on some assumptions about the weapons the mafia have in their arsenal. For example, if they could target someone and make their results insane for a turn you would become a huge font of dangerous information.

kime wrote: »

Uh, Hi.

It would require some pretty great playing to make it work though. I mean, thanks and all, but I'm not that good of a Phalla player.

It's reasonable but relies heavily on some assumptions about the weapons the mafia have in their arsenal. For example, if they could target someone and make their results insane for a turn you would become a huge font of dangerous information.

Fair enough. I *think* this falls under "too crippling to consider" in that if we play around that possibility it leaves us in a spot where we are screwed anyway.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm not seeing much in the way of magenta votes here, guys.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    We're still doing this right?
    no target

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Wait what's the magenta vote for? Judge target?

Sorry, there's 150 new posts so a recap would be nice...

Yeah, magenta's to give me an idea of who you all want to kill (since I'm the Judge). Red voting for no target means I can actually get my kill off and verify myself.

Recap:
    Burnage wants us to pick his target since we aren't vote killing.
    JPants has three pairs of comparisons

There is an elaborate plan to work out if JPants is trustworthy that I honestly think will be too easy to screw up by someone doing something unplanned for.

I personally think Burnage should kill either Aura or chamberlain to see if that pairing pans out but if we think we could all align on JPants's plan, it has its merits as well

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody as long as JPants gets to target during the day phase.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    I say Burnage shoots Brody

If he's telling the truth, we get a good comparison point. If he's not, still get a comparison point. If he's a Death Miller we lose. I can't see a game without death align reveals including a Miller as the only role to reveal. I don't think Fry is that evil.

If we don't like that plan I say Burnage shoot Aura just because he claims that he should have inhereted GG's power but didn't, which is fishy.

edited October 2016
    Brody wrote: »

I target at night. Anyone alive at the end of the day I can target (even if they die that night). Burnage's kill doesn't kill till the night, correct @Burnage ?

JPants on

I target at night. Anyone alive at the end of the day I can target (even if they die that night). Burnage's kill doesn't kill till the night, correct @Burnage ?

@JPants - no, my kill happens during the day. It's a vote replacement, essentially.

Burnage wrote: »

JPants - no, my kill happens during the day. It's a vote replacement, essentially.

Well fuck. I have no idea now. Don't target Brody, it'd be a waste. You could shoot MagicPrime, and either die yourself, or catch a mafia?

Who would you want to shoot Burnage?

edited October 2016
    Burnage wrote: »

JPants - no, my kill happens during the day. It's a vote replacement, essentially.

Well fuck. I have no idea now. Don't target Brody, it'd be a waste. You could shoot MagicPrime, and either die yourself, or catch a mafia?

Who would you want to shoot Burnage?

I'm pretty inclined to kill MagicPrime.

Edit: Um, no offense MagicPrime.

Burnage on
    If you kill Obi or Magic Prime, JFP should be able to tell us if they were mafia tomorrow morning. That will answer if my power is sane or insane. That seems like the best course? Killing Aura or Chamberlain doesn't answer anything.

If you want to try MagicPrime, I'd support it. But then we have to wait until next day cycle to kill me, because supposedly we hit a mafia the other night, which means Austin is shooting blanks tonight.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

MagicPrime

If you kill Obi or Magic Prime, JFP should be able to tell us if they were mafia tomorrow morning. That will answer if my power is sane or insane. That seems like the best course? Killing Aura or Chamberlain doesn't answer anything.
    They were different teams, so whichever one is dead tells us about the other also.

I'm fine with whatever. I'd rather go off the pairing than try to get a multiperson power action setup to try and find something. Too much complexity seems sure to fail.

They were different teams, so whichever one is dead tells us about the other also.

I'm fine with whatever. I'd rather go off the pairing than try to get a multiperson power action setup to try and find something. Too much complexity seems sure to fail.

Unless I'm insane and they actually are on the same team. We don't have an answer to that yet.

We need to have one of my pairs both die before we know if I'm sane or not. or 38th can tell us. Assuming he lives. That's why I was trying to set up 2 ways to figure out if my results are reliable.

Unless I'm insane and they actually are on the same team. We don't have an answer to that yet.

We need to have one of my pairs both die before we know if I'm sane or not. or 38th can tell us. Assuming he lives. That's why I was trying to set up 2 ways to figure out if my results are reliable.

I mean, theoretically your insanity could just give you random results. But at some point we have to assume the host gave us some resources.

Steam profile
    I'm going to laugh/cry when the game ends to find out there wasn't a Mafia, just a bunch of insane seers and us killing people off left and right

I'm going to laugh/cry when the game ends to find out there wasn't a Mafia, just a bunch of insane seers and us killing people off left and right

Then whoever has the other nightly kill is a goose for not saying anything.

"Post restriction: You cannot tell anyone about your kill" :P

Steam profile
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular

Or the fabled SK
    (Still thinking theres a role like that in the game just based on the example role in the difficulty selection part of the OP)

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I'm still in favor of MagicPrime.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime
    MagicPrime

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'd still rather we keep Burnage around but I can see that's probably not going to happen at this point.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I feel like we should save MP for an actual vote when he'll have a chance of killing Mafia as collateral.

Phyphor clearly isn't Mafia if he's willing to sacrifice himself by killing him

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Nobody

For the judge whoever we choose we learn something so go to town. Except me, never me.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Nobody, and no opinion on the purple vote.

If I was mafia, it'd be more likely that Jpants and I were BOTH mafia and concocted an elaborate ruse to gamble 2 mafia on controlling the game.

But that'd sure be a long con considering from day 1 I was attempting to establish in-thread contact with Jpants (my 2 posts day one were making multiple references to scientific language, in hopes that Jpants, the Mad Scientist, would know from his role PM that he had an Assistant he couldn't remember the name of, who knew who he was.

I got a little more direct on day 2, which Jpants said today he picked up on, and on day 3 I just assumed he trusted that I knew about him enough that him saying "Maybe you should say what your mason's powers are" seemed like a tacit "I don't want to come out yet but I'm giving you permission to say what my power is"

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    It was mostly that with a little "I'm pretty sure he's talking about me but let's make sure"