As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I still need to get back to it. So far my biggest annoyance has been the load times which are just god-awful (this is on Wii U).

Same here, though my excuse is not enough time while playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Finally found my key.

Is it safe to play on the Wii U?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1NRgoI0vWE&feature=share

This is not a recording issue, it sounds like this out of my speakers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Jh9tiDwo0

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Finally got to play my Wii U copy.

And yeah, it's pretty good. I'm enjoying the dash system, and the fact that the boss weapons recharge energy over time, negating the need to be judicious with them. Some of the platforming has been a bit clunky, leading to some possibly-undeserved deaths in 1's and especially 2's stages, but otherwise it's been alright.

I am a bit annoyed with the game having a lives system, and for having pity-items for repeated deaths. But since the pity items include a 1-up, the former sort of cancels out the latter, amusingly enough.

Played 2 stages so far. No big mechanical issues that I've noticed, aside from some framerate drag in 1's stage.

So, yeah. So far, I've been having a good time.

As such, I'll duck out of the thread; save everyone some time.

You can go into options and increase the amount of lives as well as turn off the pity items.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Boy I uhhh, really can't wait to see how the Vita version runs.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I still need to get back to it. So far my biggest annoyance has been the load times which are just god-awful (this is on Wii U).

Same here, though my excuse is not enough time while playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

I have to get to that too :P I refuse to remove Twilight Princess HD from the tray until I finish it because I know I won't go back if I do :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »

And yeah, it's pretty good. I'm enjoying the dash system, and the fact that the boss weapons recharge energy over time, negating the need to be judicious with them. Some of the platforming has been a bit clunky, leading to some possibly-undeserved deaths in 1's and especially 2's stages, but otherwise it's been alright.

I am a bit annoyed with the game having a lives system, and for having pity-items for repeated deaths. But since the pity items include a 1-up, the former sort of cancels out the latter, amusingly enough.

Played 2 stages so far. No big mechanical issues that I've noticed, aside from some framerate drag in 1's stage.

You can go into options and increase the amount of lives as well as turn off the pity items.

Ah, good to know.

...I kind of like having that 1-up option for boss fights, though. I think the recent Rayman games spoiled me with its discarding of the lives system.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Ah, good to know.

...I kind of like having that 1-up option for boss fights, though. I think the recent Rayman games spoiled me with its discarding of the lives system.

Yes Rayman takes the knees out from under the "lives make games harder" argument. I'd be glad to only see them in SHMUPs or what have you from now until forever.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Let's talk about the Mega Man successor that's actually good: Azure Striker Gunvolt!

There's a new game coming out! The rival character, Copen, will be playable and has the ability to absorb the bosses' powers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgl_h2eORLw

Those of you with a Shovel Knight Amiibo will be able to scan it to unlock a battle against Shovel Knight himself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16F3v_Bgbco

And there's an Azure Striker Gunvolt OVA coming this winter!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTQgwT0oWNo

I'm crying like an anime fan on prom night, but from joy!

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Gunvolt is fun but I really wish they had a console version.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Gunvolt is fun but I really wish they had a console version.

There was a Steam release, and although I haven't actually checked, I imagine it has controller support.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Kinda bummed that the free copy of Mighty Gunvolt they gave to backers was only a 3DS code and not Steam.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I bought the Gunvolt, and it didn't grab me right away and ended up buried in the backlog. Maybe I'll give it another shot soon.

• Options
    GashikGashik Office Communist Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Kinda bummed that the free copy of Mighty Gunvolt they gave to backers was only a 3DS code and not Steam.

Uh...you sure about that?
    EDIT: Wrong pic.

jupldkagau03.png

Gashik on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Waaaaa?

Hmm, all I can find is a 3DS code that was emailed 9/8/14

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    GashikGashik Office Communist Registered User regular
    I got that Steam code email on 8/31/15, if that helps.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I played MN9 last night and yeah I really don't like it. It feels like a hollow shell of what Megaman used to be.

• Options
    DarmaniDarmani Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    TDawg wrote: »
    Djiem wrote: »
    Honestly, I couldn't have agreed any harder on every single point made in the Ocarina of Time video. It wasn't nitpicking, it was completely spot-on.

A lot of it's subjective. For instance, I think the treasure chest animation/music is magical and I have never thought "hurry up" while watching it. The game gets the timing and suspense down right. But I can see how someone might not enjoy it.

On the other hand, he complains a lot about how long it takes to defeat enemies, but a large part of this is because he only uses his sword and shield. If you're a more aggressive player and actually use items at your disposal, many enemies have alternate, more expedient ways to dispose of them. This isn't explicitly telegraphed to the player, but the lack of explicitly telling the player how to play the game is what so many people point to in earlier Zelda's as the factor that makes them better than more modern entries, so I don't think that criticism applies in this case. In this case, I don't think his opinion is founded on anything substantial at all, and its a big point he harps on in the video.

I think he totally has the right to not enjoy Ocarina of Time, and honestly before the video came out I felt like Ocarina of Time was vastly overrated and its probably my least favorite 3D Zelda (yes, including Skyward Sword), but his Sequelitis video isn't some pure standard of truth descended from the heavens to benefit us mortals.

Until this popular video OoT was held as sacred and no criticism, actual deconstructing tear into the damn thing, was accepted, it was the justification of Nintendo's drop from Gaming King afterall and was rather fine.

After its become more prevalent and safe to take a stab at it and with his analysis I'd say in areas its actually weak and with damn good reason. So much like OoT itself its suffering a halo effect of being a pioneer and so standing out better than it may actually be or not hold up as well.

As such I don't "hate" on the video. And he has a point on how some choices don't work. His more recent OoT lets play he out and out admits he was more taking a hard stance PLUS comedically exaggerating. But yeah, even if he doesn't play to super optimized perfection some of his complaints are born out of having his own rhythm and not wanting to match the game's. Admittedly how he plays for Game Grumps isn't how he plays personally. Likely not as much backtracking, avoid, instruction, etc. People like to look awesome in front of an audience, afterall. As such some of his complaints that were really yelled in the video were more chides in the let's play, or almost praised. But I can also get those complaints. Some of it is the lack of intuition. The idea of switching up tools being critical, especially with expendables or late pickups, seems 'unfair' compared to a game where twitch and skill may be more supreme (dmc, GoW, fighting games) where the limitation is your own skills and approach and not the powers the game metes and gives.

That said some of his points are off. The Sands of Time trilogy and its successors in Arkham Asylum and AssCreed have shown a nice middle ground, mostly, to the whack and wait versus the super-elaborate combat of Platinum, Ninja Gaiden, DMC, and God of War. Majora's Mask and arguably Wind Waker improved IMMENSELY on the Zelda 3D combat in ways I didn't even think I would want (boomerrang, the various levels of stun and tells and interactions of the enemies, combat roll) and randomly start jonesing for. That said the OoT combat is not "just fucking waiting" or if it is.. that IS fun, making timing and so on more of thing, with a point to "is there a way to taunt?" but getting into OoT as the blueprint for how 3D zeldas went wrong he had a point. How the 3d focus necessitated changes that would become more apparent. But as I mentioned the immediate spinoff and hte sequel ALREADY addressed those issues in combat, weapons, item swapping, and more. So he blew up a minor subjective 'flaw' that was already resolved versus his other points in ways that drew too much focus and thus may have undermined the value of the whole argument.

2D Zelda will always be more puzzle and maze like. The structure facilitates that. 3D will have a more stark divide with gameplay styles even if there isn't a sudden switch in modes as in God of War and Zelda itself or other games that just drop all pretense and go "combat area nao, then explore like its a real world, maybe" Prince of Persia in the Sands of Time managed a more... blended style of running, three dimensional platforming, and combat (sorry Zelda) and that went on to the AssCreed and similarly influenced franchises.
    That said I don't consider LttP to be THAT good. Its fun and such. but the best Zelda eva! It certainly is a sign of them getting the '2D' more advanced but it seems LA, the Oracle series, the Capcom handhelds, Four Swords, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and so on still brought a great game and thats even including his recommendation of Link Between Worlds. I can see it being held as uniquely advanced in gaming as 2d overhead action-puzzle-adventures-plus story too aren't as crowded as 3rd person action adventure titles in fantasy large worlds. AssCreed, Nier, Witcher, Fable, God of War, and on seem to do that and bring something better or new and more advanced while not being notably deficient at the appeal of 3d Zelda games. 2D Zeldas, if they have competition, isn’t as readily apparent or as outperforming.
    While there are parts of later 3D ones, WW and TP, that show notable gaps and deficiencies as 3d action games (dummied out temples, too long travel, difficult to use charts, one use items)

So overall I like the more.. measure take (some 18 years after) on OoT as to "best game evarrr" and can appreciate it has been improved on by Majora's mask and SPANKED by other franchises not Nintendo and innovated and improved on.

Darmani on
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Darmani wrote: »
    TDawg wrote: »
    Djiem wrote: »
    Honestly, I couldn't have agreed any harder on every single point made in the Ocarina of Time video. It wasn't nitpicking, it was completely spot-on.

A lot of it's subjective. For instance, I think the treasure chest animation/music is magical and I have never thought "hurry up" while watching it. The game gets the timing and suspense down right. But I can see how someone might not enjoy it.

On the other hand, he complains a lot about how long it takes to defeat enemies, but a large part of this is because he only uses his sword and shield. If you're a more aggressive player and actually use items at your disposal, many enemies have alternate, more expedient ways to dispose of them. This isn't explicitly telegraphed to the player, but the lack of explicitly telling the player how to play the game is what so many people point to in earlier Zelda's as the factor that makes them better than more modern entries, so I don't think that criticism applies in this case. In this case, I don't think his opinion is founded on anything substantial at all, and its a big point he harps on in the video.

I think he totally has the right to not enjoy Ocarina of Time, and honestly before the video came out I felt like Ocarina of Time was vastly overrated and its probably my least favorite 3D Zelda (yes, including Skyward Sword), but his Sequelitis video isn't some pure standard of truth descended from the heavens to benefit us mortals.

Until this popular video OoT was held as sacred and no criticism, actual deconstructing tear into the damn thing, was accepted, it was the justification of Nintendo's drop from Gaming King afterall and was rather fine.

After its become more prevalent and safe to take a stab at it and with his analysis I'd say in areas its actually weak and with damn good reason. So much like OoT itself its suffering a halo effect of being a pioneer and so standing out better than it may actually be or not hold up as well.

As such I don't "hate" on the video. And he has a point on how some choices don't work. His more recent OoT lets play he out and out admits he was more taking a hard stance PLUS comedically exaggerating. But yeah, even if he doesn't play to super optimized perfection some of his complaints are born out of having his own rhythm and not wanting to match the game's. Admittedly how he plays for Game Grumps isn't how he plays personally. Likely not as much backtracking, avoid, instruction, etc. People like to look awesome in front of an audience, afterall. As such some of his complaints that were really yelled in the video were more chides in the let's play, or almost praised. But I can also get those complaints. Some of it is the lack of intuition. The idea of switching up tools being critical, especially with expendables or late pickups, seems 'unfair' compared to a game where twitch and skill may be more supreme (dmc, GoW, fighting games) where the limitation is your own skills and approach and not the powers the game metes and gives.

That said some of his points are off. The Sands of Time trilogy and its successors in Arkham Asylum and AssCreed have shown a nice middle ground, mostly, to the whack and wait versus the super-elaborate combat of Platinum, Ninja Gaiden, DMC, and God of War. Majora's Mask and arguably Wind Waker improved IMMENSELY on the Zelda 3D combat in ways I didn't even think I would want (boomerrang, the various levels of stun and tells and interactions of the enemies, combat roll) and randomly start jonesing for. That said the OoT combat is not "just fucking waiting" or if it is.. that IS fun, making timing and so on more of thing, with a point to "is there a way to taunt?" but getting into OoT as the blueprint for how 3D zeldas went wrong he had a point. How the 3d focus necessitated changes that would become more apparent. But as I mentioned the immediate spinoff and hte sequel ALREADY addressed those issues in combat, weapons, item swapping, and more. So he blew up a minor subjective 'flaw' that was already resolved versus his other points in ways that drew too much focus and thus may have undermined the value of the whole argument.

2D Zelda will always be more puzzle and maze like. The structure facilitates that. 3D will have a more stark divide with gameplay styles even if there isn't a sudden switch in modes as in God of War and Zelda itself or other games that just drop all pretense and go "combat area nao, then explore like its a real world, maybe" Prince of Persia in the Sands of Time managed a more... blended style of running, three dimensional platforming, and combat (sorry Zelda) and that went on to the AssCreed and similarly influenced franchises.
    That said I don't consider LttP to be THAT good. Its fun and such. but the best Zelda eva! It certainly is a sign of them getting the '2D' more advanced but it seems LA, the Oracle series, the Capcom handhelds, Four Swords, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and so on still brought a great game and thats even including his recommendation of Link Between Worlds. I can see it being held as uniquely advanced in gaming as 2d overhead action-puzzle-adventures-plus story too aren't as crowded as 3rd person action adventure titles in fantasy large worlds. AssCreed, Nier, Witcher, Fable, God of War, and on seem to do that and bring something better or new and more advanced while not being notably deficient at the appeal of 3d Zelda games. 2D Zeldas, if they have competition, isn’t as readily apparent or as outperforming.
    While there are parts of later 3D ones, WW and TP, that show notable gaps and deficiencies as 3d action games (dummied out temples, too long travel, difficult to use charts, one use items)

So overall I like the more.. measure take (some 18 years after) on OoT as to "best game evarrr" and can appreciate it has been improved on by Majora's mask and SPANKED by other franchises not Nintendo and innovated and improved on.

Design and technology are two really different things at times, and it leads to all kinds of interesting oddities.

OoT was absolutely a pioneer in a lot of ways, and it's also absolutely the case that a lot of what it has done others have done better in the literal decades that have come afterwards. Some of what it did at the time was clumsy. Some of what it tried to get people to do nowadays seems boring, but had novelty back then. Some of what it did was excellent, and manages to be strong even today. If games made decades after it weren't able to learn from it and improve on it, then that would be kind of awfully sad.

Back then, there were a lot of challenges with how the camera worked in a 3D adventure game, and some of those challenges remain today. But with the tech limits of back then, the problems were way more extreme. If you think about Metal Gear Solid 1, being able to look down a corridor in 3D was a hugely powerful thing because you could see really far! You could see much farther than the enemies were allowed to! MGS1 had a particular camera perspective most of the time because it played towards the design of the stealth in the game, towards building and presenting interesting sneaking around detectors within the context of the limitations of their technology.

Zelda has always had solving puzzles and finding hinted at hidden things as a major element of the game. OoT's camera has all kinds of rules for dealing with trying to present the room to the player. Whenever Link enters a room, there is always one particular camera position and angle that is used to present the room, often with a shot composed to present something vitally important in the room in relation to Link. The sense of "needing to look around" as an extension of "exploring" seems a little crude today, but at the time it was an interesting idea: what other ways are there to observe and explore in 3D, other than just moving around? To what extent can act of observation be turned into an activity in the game? OoT has a bunch of different camera modes with the intent of each camera mode being used to convey a different kind of activity. This isn't a radical new idea, but there are times when it clashes and it has a tendency to result in activities that seem a little too compartmentalized. How and what we're able to see, and how familiar we are with the action of seeing can have radical implications as well as consequences for the design of a game.

Today, we take for granted that we have freelook with a camera on a mouse or another analogue stick. In OoT, one of the main camera modes when you are just running around with Link is having it tail him. If you want to reset the camera to Link's facing direction, I remember that I mostly would go and activate one of the tools that has a first person view, and then immediately toggle it off. There are plenty of hardcore action games today that mostly throw the burden of pointing the camera onto the player (see: Monster Hunter and Dark Souls), where the lock-on camera trying to do the best job it can, but with all of the players openly acknowledging that there are plenty of times when you absolutely have to take manual control of the camera. Dark Souls couldn't care less if you enter a room and aren't looking at the mission-critical things or have the camera the camera at a crazy useless angle that doesn't make the zone you just entered look good at all, and nobody today thinks that's inconsiderate/poorly-made of the designers or otherwise weird. The fact that any given screen of Zelda 1 didn't scroll was hugely powerful, because any given element that might be interacted with in that scene... was visible in that scene! Maybe somewhat hidden, like a bombable wall or a burnable bush, but every potentially interactive element in a given screen was there in front of you.

But back on topic, I find it deeply ironic that Gunvolt's sequel is shaping up to be even more Megaman-esque, together with a character that has a Megaman-style power-stealing gimmick, and that it's having some kind of an anime production, and all told it's coming across as much more appealing than MN9.

I do like some of the fundamental ideas of MN9's dash-focused game, what with it encouraging speedy play and giving you mechanisms to finish the game faster if you are good. The whole business of "being able to get through the game faster if you are good" coincidentally/ironically touches on that point of "needing to wait" that is such a sore spot for that video criticism of OoT.

l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I tried the Gunvolt 1 demo and didn't like it at all. I'm tempted to give it another shot just because of the Shovel Knight amiibo functionality in 2.

• Options
    I wonder how people will find Copen's gameplay in Gunvolt 2 compared to MN9. Since, instead of shooting the enemy then dashing into them, he does the reverse; dashing to lock on and then shooting.

• Options
    Thinking about Gunvolt today, I realized that the game's setting and plot has several parallels with Mega Man Zero's backstory, the Elf Wars.
    - MMZ: Maverick reploids have brought society nearly to ruin. ASG: Adepts have brought society nearly to ruin.
    - MMZ: Reploids are discriminated against. ASG: Adepts are discriminated against.
    - MMZ: Dark Elf is created by Dr. Weil with the intention of asserting total control over the reploids. ASG: Lumen is created by Nova with the intention of asserting total control over the adepts.
    - MMZ: A reploid (Elpizo) tries to use the Dark Elf to force all reploids to destroy humanity. ASG: An adept (Asimov) tries to use Lumen to force all adepts to destroy humanity.

• Options
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Thinking about Gunvolt today, I realized that the game's setting and plot has several parallels with Mega Man Zero's backstory, the Elf Wars.
    - MMZ: Maverick reploids have brought society nearly to ruin. ASG: Adepts have brought society nearly to ruin.
    - MMZ: Reploids are discriminated against. ASG: Adepts are discriminated against.
    - MMZ: Dark Elf is created by Dr. Weil with the intention of asserting total control over the reploids. ASG: Lumen is created by Nova with the intention of asserting total control over the adepts.
    - MMZ: A reploid (Elpizo) tries to use the Dark Elf to force all reploids to destroy humanity. ASG: An adept (Asimov) tries to use Lumen to force all adepts to destroy humanity.

Not surprising since it's basically the spiritual successor of Mega Man Zero.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Copen is an interesting idea; having the most Mega Man-like character be your bitter enemy.

Of course, no incarnation of Mega Man or even Zero was as much of an edgelord as Copen.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Finished MN9.

...yeah, I like it. The gameplay was solid, and the dialogue and story were amusing. I like the gameplay flow of trying to get as much xel as possible when bearing enemies, and the quick-switch system was fun.

If I had serious complaints, one would probably be the fact that the running-from-the-drill segment in the mine was a framerate destroyer, and there's a nasty glitch in aviator's stage. And like most games of this nature, some weapons are definitely better than others. The missile is probably the best one.

Otherwise, I think it's a good game. I'm not at all regretting my backing the game.

I'm just sad that the backlash (which is not invalidated by my liking the game.) means that this is probably going to be the only game in the series, and so we'll never see anything in the way of expansion or refinement of this.

Also, the credits?
    i was not expecting a rap.

Enlong on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I'd imagine if after Red Ash and w/e else is in their pipeline they may make a MN10 or w/e... they probably won't use Kickstarter again though, as it would surely fail imo.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Yahtzee reviewed Mighty No. 9. Surprisingly, he's not that hard on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mv5NC0HvJ8

• Options
    That is quite surprising, especially considering the game's status as "the Kickstarter project" and Yahtzee's dislike of the concept of Kickstarter.

• Options
    Also because he is Yahtzee and his thing is shitting on all games indiscriminately. Maybe it's because of that though his review isn't quite as negative as other reviewers.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Also because he is Yahtzee and his thing is shitting on all games indiscriminately. Maybe it's because of that though his review isn't quite as negative as other reviewers.

I think it's more because he decided to review the game for what it was, and not based on the development around it. Which is how any game reviewer worth his salt should.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    So, after all is said and done:

Mighty No. 9 had 67,226 backers. Granted the NPD figures this guy's citing doesn't include digital, but that still puts sales at between 100,000 to 150,000.

Which would be a little disappointing for a normal mid-tier game and horrible for something that got as much attention as this game did.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Hardcore Gaming 101 is over halfway through a suprisingly in-depth retrospective of the Mega Man Legends series:

Hardcore Gaming 101: Mega Man Legends (part one)

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Previously Recorded talk about MN9 and 20XX.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nAwkAqzeEKE

Rich Evans is amazing. <3

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Okay, since Mighty No. 9 pretty much damn near killed the thread, Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 has received absolutely no attention here since it was released, and this? This I cannot abide.

First, Gunvolt is back in a new sequel, and he's not alone. Also playable is his rival Copen, who plays sort of like an inverted version of Beck from Mighty No. 9, insomuch as you need to use his dash ability to bounce off of enemies, stunning and tagging them for the homing shots from his gun to finish the job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgl_h2eORLw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afribHvLrq8

Didn't play the first one? That's okay; Gunvolt 2 is a great place to start, but this also means you're a prime candidate for the 2-in-1 Striker Pack published by Yacht Club Games for retail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0ZeKAJtbt4

Wait, "Yacht Club Games"? Why does that sound familiar?

You know why, and it's because Gunvolt isn't the only who is going to do some striking here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4DlaJNeusc

So yes, let's strike the earth with some much-needed discussion about this seemingly overlooked new release.
    With apologies to Hexmage for reposting some of the same videos already posted on this page; I know people don't tend to read up in old or new threads, and since I'm already at home, I figured I had to go big here.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Oh shit it's out? I've been living under a rock.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Has there yet been an update for the 3DS version that adds the in-stage dialogue that was cut from the English version and re-added to the Steam version?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Has there yet been an update for the 3DS version that adds the in-stage dialogue that was cut from the English version and re-added to the Steam version?

lol nah

Supposedly October 20 though.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

lol nah

Supposedly October 20 though.

I hope so. I have the steam version, but the 3DS version is just so much easier to play.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I think the Striker Pack has it, if nothing else.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Almost forgot this was the Mega Man thread.

So... love Mega Man X? Well great! Get reading.

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2016/12/official-rockman-x-novelization.html

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-12-05%2Bat%2B9.15.33%2BAM.png

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA