As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bluray Media Player?

So, I made the FANTASTIC decision to by a computer with a Bluray combo drive, miraculously assuming that it would come with some sort of Bluray player!

It, of course, does not.

Any recommendations?

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I've been having good times with Cyberlink PowerDVD. The other one I tried was Corel's WinDVD...but that one was a bit less reliable.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    I ran into the same issue a couple years ago and went with PowerDVD as well. It isn't my first choice, but since VLC can't play them...

• Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    I had issues with PowerDVD and couldn't find any better solutions. I just started using the drive to rip bluray instead since storage is so cheap.

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm missing some obvious free solution, but after buying an OEM Blu ray drive, most "proper" plug and play Blu ray players I found seemed to want to charge me. However, I find that MakeMKV and probably other similar programs rips them just fine without having to pay to use the blu rays and blu ray drive I legally own, which seems absurd.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing some obvious free solution, but after buying an OEM Blu ray drive, most "proper" plug and play Blu ray players I found seemed to want to charge me. However, I find that MakeMKV and probably other similar programs rips them just fine without having to pay to use the blu rays and blu ray drive I legally own, which seems absurd.

Don't you need a BD drive to actually rip a BD?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Darlan wrote: »

Don't you need a BD drive to actually rip a BD?

yes, but you should be able to get one for a reasonable price.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    JaimezmonJaimezmon Salt Lake CityRegistered User new member
    Aurora Blu-ray Media Player, free and safe download

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Jaimezmon wrote: »
    Aurora Blu-ray Media Player, free and safe download
    Do you happen to the link the the free version? A link I tried on CNET is asking for payment.