As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cannot open Outlook

Jerry029Jerry029 ScrantonRegistered User new member
Greetings.
I am using Microsoft outlook 2013. I have created one pst file. Now i cannot open it because recieve following error: pst is not a personal folder
I used scanpst.exe to check the pst file for errors. But scanpst.exe is unable to fix it. There might have been some serious corruption in the file. Any suggestions how to repair outlook?

Thanks,
Jerry

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Jerry029 wrote: »
    Greetings.
    I am using Microsoft outlook 2013. I have created one pst file. Now i cannot open it because recieve following error: pst is not a personal folder
    I used scanpst.exe to check the pst file for errors. But scanpst.exe is unable to fix it. There might have been some serious corruption in the file. Any suggestions how to repair outlook?

Thanks,
    Jerry

copy the pst file somewhere else on the computer (in the hope that it may be recoverable, it probably isn't, but hey)
    close outlook
    go to control panel and select the 'data files' option
    remove the offending .pst
    launch outlook again

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Unfortunaly thse steps did not help,
    thanks for help anyway

• Options
    JaimezmonJaimezmon Salt Lake CityRegistered User new member
    Try Help - Detect and Repair in Outlook. If it useless i suggest u Outlook Repair Kit
    http://www.microsoftoutlook.repair/

Best Regards,
    Scott

• Options
    Thank you all for your advice! The issue has been resolved