As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    Maybe a strong never advance game with false lead and possibly enhanced login protocol?

Steal this unadvanced 5/3 first click, or I score it seems ok.

Man, thinking way too small.

Score *two* False leads.

Install Gov't Takeover, advance advance.

Start of Runner's turn, forfeit both so the runner doesn't get a click, put four tokens on Takeover.

Your turn, advance 3x, probably win?

Alternatively, at the start of your turn score a Posted Bounty, forfeit it, put the two counters on a Contract Killer, and then use it in combo with Scorch to take the runner out.

I'm thinking there's probably going to be some support to go along with the ID in agendas that might be worth more points when forfeited. Or, heck, maybe finally a 2/0.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I'm thinking there's probably going to be some support to go along with the ID in agendas that might be worth more points when forfeited. Or, heck, maybe finally a 2/0.

A better thing to combine it with design wise is agendas with a negative on-going effect imo. Say a weyland 2/1 that makes you lose a credit at the start of your turn would be something you really want to forfeit.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Oh man, a 2/0 in Weyland? I might actually start playing again.

Considering W has a hard time scoring out already, I'm expecting to see something like Fan Site. Also, I just noticed Jemison says 'card' instead of 'ice'. I guess we're going to forfeit agendas to FA agendas?

edited October 2016
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Oh man, a 2/0 in Weyland? I might actually start playing again.

Considering W has a hard time scoring out already, I'm expecting to see something like Fan Site. Also, I just noticed Jemison says 'card' instead of 'ice'. I guess we're going to forfeit agendas to FA agendas?

Forfeiting agendas to advance a Ronin sounds fun if unlikely.

Wait I've cracked it:
    Forfeit an agenda to drop a bunch of advancements on a reversed accounts, fire it, and then make huge amounts of money with Stinson - its almost too easy

Dis' on
    Although since it's Weyland, alternatively I could see a operation that has you pay a bunch of creds to put itself in the score pile as a agenda that's worth 0, but 1 when forfeiting.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Hmm. Maybe Offer You Can't Refuse into an Archer server when the runner isn't showing a way to deal with it (e.g. D4v1d)

edited October 2016
    Fuck. FUCK. Fuuuuuuuck.

Worlds participation prize is alt-art Hedge Fund, and daddy NEEDS.

Store Champs participation is PAD Campaign.

Run Amok deckboxes and playmats. Femme Fatale tokens.

http://imgur.com/a/I07gD

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah I am so sad I probably wont get any hedge funds ;-;

I mean, the full bleeds from the Champs decks are nice, but nowhere NEAR as cool as those. And a little jelly, since NA Nationals were just Chronos Projects and that Wall of Static.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I like and hate it at the same time, because it makes sense to have the card be something people actually want to use. That way it's something they actually get to play with and show off - it's nice. But it's also a card most of us would have loved to have access to AAs of, and in general I definitely wish the rarer AAs would be of IDs or other cards you don't want a full playset of. It just makes it so that many fewer people actually have access to them. :/
    It's an annoyingly nice AA to boot. Jerks. :P

edited October 2016
    Heck, I'd be happy if you always got at least a full play-set for cards for the big events that you can't get anywhere else. Feels weird, in my above example, that I got four Chronos' and only *one* Wall.

EDIT: In regards to the Hedge Funds:
    Hacked Feed: 2016 World Championship Celebration

The 2016 Android: Netrunner Store Championship Kit includes two copies of “Hedge Fund”, the alternate art card being given out at the 2016 Android: Netrunner World Championship.

Stores that are hosting a Store Championship will be scheduling a World Championship Celebration sometime during November 2nd-6th. During the event, they may stream the 2016 World Championships live from our Twitch channel, www.twitch.com/ffglive, so that you can see all the action.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I stopped in at the local game store on my way home from work today since they're trying to start Netrunner nights.

So icebreakers only keep their strength for the whole run if they specifically say so, eh? Whooooops.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Heck, I'd be happy if you always got at least a full play-set for cards for the big events that you can't get anywhere else. Feels weird, in my above example, that I got four Chronos' and only *one* Wall.

EDIT: In regards to the Hedge Funds:
    Hacked Feed: 2016 World Championship Celebration

The 2016 Android: Netrunner Store Championship Kit includes two copies of “Hedge Fund”, the alternate art card being given out at the 2016 Android: Netrunner World Championship.

Stores that are hosting a Store Championship will be scheduling a World Championship Celebration sometime during November 2nd-6th. During the event, they may stream the 2016 World Championships live from our Twitch channel, www.twitch.com/ffglive, so that you can see all the action.

and they're to be awarded at the TO's discretion so you don't necessarily have to get top 2

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Today I make an Andromeda netdeck and a binder filled with the Data Pack flavor text. :)

Goddammit, how many Desperados are in a Core? I only have two.

Edit-Warbleblrebleblebrlbrl

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Tournament Regulations got updated today. Link.

Looks like just a lot of clarifications yet, havn't noticed anything big yet.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I went to my first tournament with Kate and Glacier Weyland. I only one a single game but I had a blast every match unless someone did that Switchblade Net Murcer thing.

Well, that's one thing that came out of the new document.

persona4celestia.jpg

I use these motherfuckers as money now.

http://www.miniongames.com/store/futuristic-metal-coins-1-cap.html

Wow, they're still on sale too. I bought two sets of 1, 5, and 10, to be used for both Netrunner and Roll for the Galaxy, because Roll's tiny victory chips are shit and I'm scared they'll get lost some day.

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    crap, someone needs to start making 5x Tag tokens.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

I think this has always been true

I believe the reason that has been given before is that dice are hard to track for stream viewers

I'm actually thinking about digging out my old L5R honor counter and using that. Clicky wheels don't care if they get bumped.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited October 2016
    Hot scoops coming in that someone noticed.

PnCVsjQ.png

There hasn't been a gap in the product numbers before. Something unannounced in between cycles? (c'mon, core 2.0...)

And before anyone mentions it, all the accessories use a different numbering scheme. The Championship decks are CHP, playmats are ADS or FFS (for the two-player one), sleeves are also ADS, draft decks are uDAD.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    The "correct" reason (IMO) to disallow dice is that the gamestate can be changed if someone bumps the table or a playmat. Drives me crazy when I play against someone who wants to use a d20 to track their credits, as it's easy for them to accidentally gain 12 if I don't watch it like a hawk. Less of an issue with d6s, but it still happens.

Fry on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    yeah anyone trying to use d20s for credits on the other side of a table from me is going to get a very polite request to desist

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Are we really super hyped for core set 2.0?

I mean, I think it's an OK idea, but I can think of shinier things that I want. Maybe a whole box full of Legwork variants! :)

so I know before I was asserting that core set 2.0 was probably just a rumor

buuuuut I'm hearing now and have confirmed via Sources Which Must Remain Nameless that this information came from playtesters and that there is probably some substance to it

I'm not sure it's going to be released at the end of this cycle (sources say they're shooting for next July), but I think we can count on a revised core set with a rules rewrite and a slightly different selection of cards

I, for one, am very sad that Noise is going away, and word on the street is that core set shaper will be Chaos Theory, which to me says that not a whole lot of thought was put into that choice, because Chaos Theory probably has the least interesting box in the game

1) Fuck Noise.

2) FUCK NOISE.

3) Fuck NBN. Hopefully this could mean that SanSan and Breaking News might be gone as well.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Also isn't it likely that if core set 2.0 gets printed I'm going to have to spend 80 bucks on cards that I mostly have already?

That would be annoying.

1) Fuck Noise.

2) FUCK NOISE.

3) Fuck NBN. Hopefully this could mean that SanSan and Breaking News might be gone as well.

noise is fun

I think that's pretty unlikely considering that Damon continually prints cards which make NBN stronger
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    Also isn't it likely that if core set 2.0 gets printed I'm going to have to spend 80 bucks on cards that I mostly have already?

That would be annoying.

it's hard to say for sure, but probably not?

nothing I've heard so far suggests that there's new content other than updated rules

I can't imagine a set of cards that would require you to buy more than one copy, provided you already have at least one old core set

I think Noise is an alright ID, just a bad one for the core set. It's just really strange to have put an RNG into the game's base, especially such a swingy one (and then that shaped the early game with a lot of cards being built around him too ...). I don't know if Reina would replace him, but I think she's a much better basic ID and does well to keep existing in the game for a longer period.
    Chaos Theory is indeed quite basic, but she's slightly different (40 cards) and plays pretty strongly into basic Shaper themes (having memory for all your cool toys).

Either way, revised core set is alright. If Desperado gets removed I really hope Criminals have a decent console by then, because Doppelganger is a hilariously poor replacement.

reina's text is boring and has almost no support, and what support there is will be rotating out in the first batch

I could actually see a deluxe-box-style "upgrade pack" as a quasi-2.0 core that MRP's a bunch of cards that could use being hit with the nerf stick and has updated cards that have been hit by errata so you could have the updated text on cardboard.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Shorty wrote: »
    reina's text is boring and has almost no support, and what support there is will be rotating out in the first batch

You're not wrong, but it doesn't need support. It fits the "1c offset" themes that run through the core set. She'd also be the only core ID with link. I think the aim they would have (and I wouldn't disagree with) is to have IDs that aren't bad, but also shouldn't threaten to be overwhelmingly powerful. Those 3 runners would definitely fit the bill (although I guess there's still time for them to do something stupid with Gabe :P ).

so I know before I was asserting that core set 2.0 was probably just a rumor

buuuuut I'm hearing now and have confirmed via Sources Which Must Remain Nameless that this information came from playtesters and that there is probably some substance to it

I'm not sure it's going to be released at the end of this cycle (sources say they're shooting for next July), but I think we can count on a revised core set with a rules rewrite and a slightly different selection of cards

I, for one, am very sad that Noise is going away, and word on the street is that core set shaper will be Chaos Theory, which to me says that not a whole lot of thought was put into that choice, because Chaos Theory probably has the least interesting box in the game

She and Dinosaurus have both very appealing theme and great 'entry level' abilities though. As an introduction ID and emblem of the Shaper fluff I think she's pretty great, one of the reasons I believed the scoops as it makes sense from a marketing standpoint rather than just gameplay. Just like the Noise->Reina rumour, the latter solidifies the broader anarch theme much more than the nihilist noise.

@Lykouragh the rumourscoops have it that it's no new cards, just bad/op ones from Core 1.0 cycled for spin and genesis cards.

You're not wrong, but it doesn't need support. It fits the "1c offset" themes that run through the core set. She'd also be the only core ID with link. I think the aim they would have (and I wouldn't disagree with) is to have IDs that aren't bad, but also shouldn't threaten to be overwhelmingly powerful. Those 3 runners would definitely fit the bill (although I guess there's still time for them to do something stupid with Gabe :P ).

I don't disagree, I just think that it's possible to have runners that are both fair and exciting in the core set

my selection for shaper and anarch (provided I'm not allowed to pick Noise) would be Haley and Quetzal

I don't disagree, I just think that it's possible to have runners that are both fair and exciting in the core set

my selection for shaper and anarch (provided I'm not allowed to pick Noise) would be Haley and Quetzal

Haley could work, but I'm not certain there are enough cards just in the core set for her to actually work with. Quetzal, while a great ID, would probably be maddeningly powerful in a limited-to-core environment and give people an awful experience with the game. ... Upon looking it up, wow, there were only 5 barriers in the core set.

in any case, right now it seems likely that we will get more info on this and other products at worlds next month

The news I actually want to hear: New head designer announced for Netrunner. ;P

I'm pleasantly surprised they didn't go with a waifu-tier shaper.

The news I actually want to hear: New head designer announced for Netrunner. ;P

maybe they'll move him to Destiny or L5R

but really it would be a mixed blessing because FFG doesn't have any solid developers in their stable and more than likely the guy who replaces Damon in the far-flung future will be Brad Andres, who took an Eric Lang game and devved it into the ground