As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

1444546474850»

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I also got a message that vote counts during the night mattered....somehow.

Who sent that?

Should have been post counts. We sent that. I was just trying to think of vaguely reasonable mechanics things that were, as far as we knew, entirely lies. In the hopes that someone would maybe believe it and it would start a discussion, thus distracting the village from things that actually mattered.

Like the Oxford comma.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I guess I kind of screwed up with that one then.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular

Who sent that?

Should have been post counts. We sent that. I was just trying to think of vaguely reasonable mechanics things that were, as far as we knew, entirely lies. In the hopes that someone would maybe believe it and it would start a discussion, thus distracting the village from things that actually mattered.

Eh.
    GG was village because he received your first message.
    I'm not sure that ability was helpful at all to you guys.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »

Who sent that?

Eh.

By that logic, anyone who recieved your message was village as well?

There were two message senders out there, with no way of knowing if one or both were mafia or not

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Who sent that?

Eh.

There were two message senders out there, with no way of knowing if one or both were mafia or not

By endgame, you could probably tell, since no one claimed to be the second message-sender, yet messages were still getting sent. Had to be mafia then.

Of course, if that seemed to be the case it would be easy enough to not send a message, then claim I received one. So you couldn't use that to find village, really.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Thanks for running the game, Fry
    Seems like it didn't play out exactly how you intended but there were some good ideas in here, and i did have fun.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Who sent that?

Eh.

Nah.
    My messages weren't designed to mislead the village.
    If yours weren't designed to mislead the village, then they weren't useful to you, but since they were they looked like a mafia message.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Unless someone slips up you're probably not going to catch a mafia and even if they do it might be a villager (sorry @Kilnaga).

No need to apologize, you've given me a new Day 1 grudge vote! :D

My play was the smart play. I'm even more miffed about it given you guys decided to utilize the "no kill" vote a few days after killing me for suggesting that very thing.

But given my role was the village's Conspiracy Theorist I doubt I'd have lived very long anyway. Mine sounded like a role that would have been considered crazy. It also seemed to roleblock all abilities targeting me (except the ones which could kill me). So I'm not sure you guys would have even been able to check my sanity anyway. :P

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Going no kill to test burnage's power is a little different than no kill on Day 1. And yeah, claiming that power would probably have got you shot immediately as that screams mafia cover.

I'll accept your grudge graciously! pretty sure that's my first grudge earned so achievement unlocked!

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Unless someone slips up you're probably not going to catch a mafia and even if they do it might be a villager (sorry @Kilnaga).

No need to apologize, you've given me a new Day 1 grudge vote! :D

My play was the smart play. I'm even more miffed about it given you guys decided to utilize the "no kill" vote a few days after killing me for suggesting that very thing.

But given my role was the village's Conspiracy Theorist I doubt I'd have lived very long anyway. Mine sounded like a role that would have been considered crazy. It also seemed to roleblock all abilities targeting me (except the ones which could kill me). So I'm not sure you guys would have even been able to check my sanity anyway. :P

We didn't "accept" the no kill vote, iirc, we just couldn't build the majority required.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Going no kill to test burnage's power is a little different than no kill on Day 1. And yeah, claiming that power would probably have got you shot immediately as that screams mafia cover.

I'll accept your grudge graciously! pretty sure that's my first grudge earned so achievement unlocked!

I swore vengeance on you for killing me that one time, but I'm bad at holding grudges.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

I swore vengeance on you for killing me that one time, but I'm bad at holding grudges.

That's right! I remember that now though still can't recall the game.

I'm bad at that as well. The angriest I've ever been at a phalla play only earned a single grudge vote from me.