As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Child's Play Fund Drive: Desert Bus for Hope

SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
I read about this today in my local news paper. and was hoping to bring it to the attention of the wonderful people here at the PA fourms.

Some guys in my city are holding a fund drive called "Desert Bus for Hope"

http://desertbus.org/

from their site:

Our goal is simple, raise as much money possible for one of the best charities out there right now. I think it would be safe to say that the diseases that children face everyday are horrible and we would all like nothing more than to see everyone of them cured and home in time for the holidays. Unfortunately that is not the reality with many of them, and while there are hundreds of charities out there contributing to the research and cure for them, some might lose sight of what the children have to go through on a day to day basis. That is where Child’s Play comes in. The basic principal is simple, give people the option to either contribute cash to the charity or go online to individual hospitals wishlish site and purchase a video game or a toy for the children in the hospital.

Our goal is even more simple. You donate money, one dollar, ten dollars, one-hundred dollars and not only are you donating to Child’s Play but you are also making a bunch of idiots up in Canada play a very boring and never ending game. So for anyone that donates to Child’s Play on a yearly basis, think of it this way. You could donate twenty dollars through the Child’s Play Website, or you could donate your money through our website, your money is going to exactly the same place but you get to force us to play Desert Bus for just that much longer.

News Article from the Times Colonist:
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=e51af44e-3d53-48a7-989a-4d975d9dc082&k=60017

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
SmallLady on

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This is probably something you would want to e-mail to Tycho or Gabe.

MKR on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    there's no shame in saying i don't actually have any clue on how to get said email address right?

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
  • redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Pretty sure they already know, since it's listed on the Child's Play site's Events page.

and man, I wonder how much I could raise actually driving from Tucson to Vegas under the same conditions. :V

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm likely being pedantic, but I still don't understand the relation between money raised and hours played. I can't see anywhere on the site that says "for X amount raised, we will play for Y amount of hours".

darleysam on
    forumsig.png