As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

East 2017 Hotel Partners and Hotel Discussion

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited October 2016 in PAX East
The link for the official hotel partners through OnPeak is here: http://bit.ly/E17Hotels

As was much needed, the Aloft and Element added two new options for last year. Any new hotels opening before East 2017?

zerzhul on

• hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    Got a room at the Aloft Seaport again! Was there no blocks of rooms available for Sunday night? This is the second year in a row I didn't see any availability.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • AxonAxon Registered User regular
  • havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    Had a better time with it then I did for West, but they have got to do something about rooms being booked out from under you right as you go to finish your reservation...

XyqJPIp.png
  • XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Got a single at the Seaport for all four nights. Would have preferred a two-bed but at the moment pretty happy. :)

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Got my room at the Renaissance

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • OakpunkOakpunk Boston, MARegistered User regular
    It's a bummer the Yotel won't be open until after PAX this year. Next year though I bet you they'll be super popular.

djrhulua2hxq.png
  • falknessfalkness Registered User regular
    Booked the Omni Parker the last 3 years but got in at the Element this year. Looking forward to staying so close to the con this time.

• Jigglypuff510Jigglypuff510 Registered User regular
    Is this the roomshare thread ?

TbjrD9q.png
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular

No but I'm sure that will go up soonish.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Second year in the row at the Renaissance. It seems to be the 'close' hotel we end up with the most (Third year of it. Seaport's the only one of the close ones we've stayed at.).

It makes me happy, it's a good hotel, is pleasantly quiet, yet close to everything.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Got a room at Boston Park Plaza. It's not as close, but my husband and I loved staying there last year. The staff is so pleasant and helpful, the rooms were comfortable, their food was also good when we had a chance to sit down and eat there.

• Jigglypuff510Jigglypuff510 Registered User regular
    gigabrain wrote: »

No but I'm sure that will go up soonish.

I will try to snag a roomshare at Seaport/Westin but if I cant im willing to go farther

TbjrD9q.png
  • SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Second year in the row at the Renaissance. It seems to be the 'close' hotel we end up with the most (Third year of it. Seaport's the only one of the close ones we've stayed at.).

It makes me happy, it's a good hotel, is pleasantly quiet, yet close to everything.

I stayed there for the first time last year and we're there again this year. The lobby is beautiful. It has a starbucks. The walk to the convention center is absolutely nothing and it's also close to a bunch of amazing restaurants. I have nothing to complain about with the place lol

P0P7S6y.png
    Solanales wrote: »

I stayed there for the first time last year and we're there again this year. The lobby is beautiful. It has a starbucks. The walk to the convention center is absolutely nothing and it's also close to a bunch of amazing restaurants. I have nothing to complain about with the place lol

You mean it has a SECRET Starbucks (Mind yopu, much like our group's in-joke about the Con Centre's 'Secret chicken', I doubt it'll remain a secret for long).

I mean, seriously, no one ever seems to notice it!It's great.

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
    You mean it has a SECRET Starbucks (Mind yopu, much like our group's in-joke about the Con Centre's 'Secret chicken', I doubt it'll remain a secret for long).

I mean, seriously, no one ever seems to notice it!It's great.

All three mornings, I walked right in and to the counter. I was astounded that this was a possibility in a hotel full of caffeine addicted gamers like myself but whatever. I'm not going to complain!

P0P7S6y.png
    Oddly, I had more coffee when I was at prime 2 years ago than at east ever (Fun fact, in 2015? I had given up caffeine for Lent- do NOT do that and go to PAX- there isn't a vending machine in the place that sells noncaffeinated drinks).

Still its presence is handy for when we drive back

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    Does anybody know if the shuttle runs to the Copley Place Marriot?

vru37z14gk5j.png

edited October 2016
    Probably. If not, one will run to a nearby hotel- the Copley place Mariott is in the Back Bay, with a number of hotel hotels within spitting distance.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • cclgurl95cclgurl95 Registered User new member
    LedaXI wrote: »
    Got a room at Boston Park Plaza. It's not as close, but my husband and I loved staying there last year. The staff is so pleasant and helpful, the rooms were comfortable, their food was also good when we had a chance to sit down and eat there.

How is this? I got a room at the Park Plaza, double occupancy. I'm going with my boyfriend, his brother, and his girlfriend. Do you think it'll be big enough?

• robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    Shooting for Westin again this year. They don't usually go up on OnPeak until closer to the event right?

6pq9je4.png
    robirex wrote: »
    Shooting for Westin again this year. They don't usually go up on OnPeak until closer to the event right?

Depends on the year? Last year, yes, previous years...they were the same as everythign else. I'd book some rooms then change reservations through onpeak to be safe.

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png

Depends on the year? Last year, yes, previous years...they were the same as everythign else. I'd book some rooms then change reservations through onpeak to be safe.

Cool. Thanks!

6pq9je4.png
  • coflroptercoflropter Registered User regular

People on reddit are saying that they got rooms at the Westin. I just checked, and it seems like all rooms are gone right now.

VEIYCZd.png
  • HazelHalfBloodHazelHalfBlood Unapologetic Dungeons and Dragons Enthusiast New HampshireRegistered User regular
    coflropter wrote: »

People on reddit are saying that they got rooms at the Westin. I just checked, and it seems like all rooms are gone right now.

They went super quickly! I was pretty quick with getting into the Que and there were only two left. I was surprised to see them at all. Keep a look out though! Sometimes people will post if they are canceling their rooms. It's often the best way to get sold out hotels.

PAX Unplugged 2018 .... We Have Our...Passes [X] Hotel [X] Bus [..] Packed [..]

2afaq20.png

Proud Cookie Brigade Supporter
  • LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    cclgurl95 wrote: »
    LedaXI wrote: »

How is this? I got a room at the Park Plaza, double occupancy. I'm going with my boyfriend, his brother, and his girlfriend. Do you think it'll be big enough?

The room was plenty big. If there are only four of you, you should all fit comfortably. We had a single bed, so I can't speak on the size of the double rooms, but there was more space than the two of us needed (and we had a lot of stuff with us).

coflropter wrote: »

They went super quickly! I was pretty quick with getting into the Que and there were only two left. I was surprised to see them at all. Keep a look out though! Sometimes people will post if they are canceling their rooms. It's often the best way to get sold out hotels.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed when I saw Saturday passes were sold out. I had plenty of time, I just didn't get the notification. All this week I've been glued to the computer, waking up early, etc. Disappointed that I missed out. It looks like Westin was totally available too and I missed that.

Regardless, last PAX I think I started planning out my PAX trip just a a few weeks before the event. I got my PAX tickets on reddit cheap (I know PAX doesn't recommend this) and Thurs-Sun at Westin, so I am still ahead of where I was last PAX.

6pq9je4.png
  • DragantDragant BostonRegistered User regular
    Got a room at the Aloft for Thu-Sun. Although its 2 beds instead of one bed, damn it. Oh well.

• TheKlown4LifeTheKlown4Life Pawtucket, Rhode IslandRegistered User new member
    Yeah i was surprised to score a room at the Westin

• LyricalOneLyricalOne Registered User new member
    Still trying to book a hotel. Does anyone know of what hotels have 2 queen beds with a couch or a roll away bed?
    Or have that option?

Thanks!

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    didn't see anything at the westin when i booked but acored seaport Friday-Sunday, hopefully i can pick up a Thursday closer PAX

I can confirm there WAS Westin availability but it went quick

P0P7S6y.png
  • CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I'll just have to keep an eye on the onpeak page again this year. I have a quad Renaissance from Wednesday to Monday, but I have 2 quad rooms at the Westin from Friday-Sunday. So if I can expand at least one of the Westin rooms to a Wednesday to Monday, I'd be super happy.

CommanderZim on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There was definitely Westin Waterfront availability right at the start. I assume it went really quick.

• CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    There was definitely Westin Waterfront availability right at the start. I assume it went really quick.

Yeah, there definitely was. I saw some of it, not a whole lot of quads though.

Also, I find it strange there just straight up aren't any quad Element rooms this year.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

I can definitely attest to this as I managed to score one! I went back in and checked a few minutes later for shits and there were still 1 bed Westin rooms... so they were there assuming you were really quick.

• Doctor GuttsDoctor Gutts Registered User regular
    I got the weekend at the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. Anyone have any experience with that hotel? Or anyone else also gonna be there?

faoev38bwz7u.png
  • falknessfalkness Registered User regular

Yeah, there definitely was. I saw some of it, not a whole lot of quads though.

Also, I find it strange there just straight up aren't any quad Element rooms this year.

I also found that odd about the Element. I am probably gonna call when OnPeak sends my reservation over and see what I can do.

• ButerflySamuraiButerflySamurai Registered User regular
    Booked at the Hyatt. Wish I would have gotten the Westin, but I am fine for now.

KrnMI2o.png

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Got my rooms booked at the Westin, but driving from Canada means we'll want to be there a day early, so showing up for Thursday sometime. I guess the best thing to do would be to either contact Westin and see if there's any availability with a random, well-timed cancellation for that day, or get there early with a hotel across town and drive over to the Westin on Friday for check-in.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular

Indeed. There was a bit of a lull there between when the rooms went up and the post hit Twitter, and even still had a double room drop out from under me right as I was finishing. There were still one bed rooms available but they started going pretty quickly. I was surprised they were even available at all, since it seems like the past few years they weren't even in the system to even check until a few months before.

XyqJPIp.png