As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    That resource in Red Sand that looks like it gives you credits when you de-rez something looks like it could be fun with Khan.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    That resource in Red Sand that looks like it gives you credits when you de-rez something looks like it could be fun with Khan.

it sure looks like a lot of text on the second line for it only to say gain credits too.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Dammit. I literally JUST made a deck about de-rezzing things. I mean, having support for themes is cool, but when everyone is going to do it anyway it's much less fun. :p

• FryFry Registered User regular
    What's the jank factor on using Reina and/or Rooks with the derezzing birds?

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    High, but it's there. The important thing with the birds is to make sure what you are derezzing is costing them as much/more than it is costing you.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Rook is kinda slow, and it clogs your memory/draws/hand. The payoff is that when it sits, you get sap 6+ credits out of it.

The old Headlock Reina was Crescentus, Lamprey, and Clone Chip. Basically you tear open HQ, get them to 0-2 credits, and force them to purge virus counters three or four times over a few turns, using Keyhole to make nasty runs on R&D when they can't rez ice. Couldn't tell you if it's good in the current meta.

Anzekay wrote: »
    High, but it's there. The important thing with the birds is to make sure what you are derezzing is costing them as much/more than it is costing you.

seems rare the runner's cost would be less than 6, and that's not counting paying to break.

probably aftet paying a bunch to get through something taxing. when does it pay off?

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »

seems rare the runner's cost would be less than 6, and that's not counting paying to break.

probably aftet paying a bunch to get through something taxing. when does it pay off?

In Dreamland, where you can bird as you're siphoning and then FAO :)

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Sahasrara to pay for the reinstalls?

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Spoilers: My attempt to do this involves using Chatterjee University. You have an opportunity cost of installing it and clicking it 3 times for one turn, but after that you can pretty safely click it one or two more times before you start using it to install. For an extra click on top of installing, having 0 install cost on the birds suddenly makes them a real threat. The trick, I believe, will be actually reaching this point and still being in the game. I hashed out a jank list that people are welcome to look at. It's literally bad because I'm omitting a few cards it almost certainly needs to test out some others and see if any of them are worthwhile.
    Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist

Event (17)
    3x Account Siphon
    3x Career Fair
    2x Emergency Shutdown
    1x Inside Job
    2x Rumor Mill ●●●●
    3x Special Order
    3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (3)
    3x Desperado ★★★

Resource (17)
    2x Bank Job
    2x Chatterjee University
    3x Daily Casts
    3x Earthrise Hotel
    1x Hernando Cortez
    2x Same Old Thing
    3x Temüjin Contract
    1x The Turning Wheel ●

Icebreaker (7)
    1x Femme Fatale
    1x Golden
    1x Inti ●
    1x Mongoose
    1x Paperclip ●●●
    1x Passport
    1x Peregrine

Program (3)
    2x Datasucker ●●
    1x Sneakdoor Beta

11 influence spent (max 15-3★=12, available 1)
    47 cards (min 45)

More Worlds prize envy. Link.

So they've confirmed that if you play at least to after the lunch break you'll have a full play-set of Hedge Funds.

If you make it to Day 2, you'll be getting some double-sided recurring credit tokens.
    Top 16 is a alt-art Hedge Fund playmat (fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu)
    Top 8 is Tag tokens
    Top 4 is a uncut sheet of alt-art Hedge Funds (double fuuuuuuuu)
    Champion will get the create-a-card prize and a unique playmat (looks to be of the art off Vamadeva, unless that's just placeholder).

persona4celestia.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    has anyone messed around with Omar Keung yet?

seems like he's probably best with ice destruction

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular

So they've confirmed that if you play at least to after the lunch break you'll have a full play-set of Hedge Funds.

If you make it to Day 2, you'll be getting some double-sided recurring credit tokens.
    Top 8 is Tag tokens
    Champion will get the create-a-card prize and a unique playmat (looks to be of the art off Vamadeva, unless that's just placeholder).

Note that "day 2" is general and includes everyone, since there are I believe 3 more games in the swiss before cut to top 16 on that Friday. So as long as you don't drop out, you get tokens!

Shorty wrote: »

I've seen him played with Apocalypse, so I wouldn't be surprised to see additional ice destruction too.

Honestly, Obelus seems the better card. Been seeing a lot of that out of Val. Blackmail'd or DDOS'd Medium or RDI digs, followed by drawing 3-4 cards, seems pretty good, especially with Faust as a breaker.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular

Top 8 is Tag tokens

Note that "day 2" is general and includes everyone, since there are I believe 3 more games in the swiss before cut to top 16 on that Friday. So as long as you don't drop out, you get tokens!

I thought there was still a cut to day 2? Like top 64 or whatever, heard that's how it worked at GC.

Cerberus wrote: »

Top 8 is Tag tokens

I thought there was still a cut to day 2? Like top 64 or whatever, heard that's how it worked at GC.

As far as I know they just spread it out so there's not 9 rounds all on one day. Then there's a cut to 16 as last year. I could be wrong.

Cerberus wrote: »

Top 8 is Tag tokens

As far as I know they just spread it out so there's not 9 rounds all on one day. Then there's a cut to 16 as last year. I could be wrong.

I've seen a clarification on twitter that it's top 3rd for day 2

• EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

He's the best Valencia card that's been released in a while.

Epimer on
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular

I've seen loads of Omar...being rebirthed to from other anarchs.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I played four games against an Omar deck yesterday, playing Argus Security. He was using Medium and the HQ version, relying primarily on DDOS and Faust to get past ice, and Inject and Street Peddler and I've Had Worse for draw. Saw a lot of Temujin Contract as well.

His goal was to make a ton of big runs super early to either make a bunch of money or access a lot of cards; he came close in one of the games, but I think Argus was a really bad matchup. There were several turns where his main worry was scoring too many one point agenda at once, when big runs were supposed to be the whole thing.
    The first game he scored a few things, but had to keep taking damage to do so because of the (three!) Scorched Earths he'd seen in my hand. Eventually he wound up with a tag (I think maybe via Data Raven?) and got Scorched.

The second game he managed to get closer to scoring out, but the constant damage kept him low enough that I was able to score Posted Bounty into Scorched Earth.

(I may be getting the ends of those two games confused.)

Game three turn one he ran on my HQ with the virus that lets him see more (I think I screwed up and iced archives, forgetting he can only do that once). He scored a 1 pointer and then Government Contract.

Game four went pretty long; he wasn't running much in the way of icebreakers, so once I was safe from DDOS I didn't have to worry too much about multiple runs. He almost killed himself when he ran into Hadrian's Wall: he was debating discarding most of his hand to Faust, because otherwise John Masanori would tag him. We eventually decided that it was safer to take the tag rather than risk hitting too many agenda (can't remember if it was one or two) and dying for sure. We forgot that I spent all my money rezzing the wall, tho, so that let him stabilize a bit afterwards.
    Eventually I scored Posted Bounty into TWO Scorched Earths.

I just swapped in a bunch of one-offs into the core Weyland deck, mostly some meaner ice; it felt fairly nice, but he wasn't playing many breakers and I often lacked consistent credit sources (the bad publicity agenda was nice tho).

Anyway, gosh I love this game.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm messing around on NRDB and goddamn if building Smoke isn't the most luxurious experience

she's gonna be REAL GOOD

i don't know, seems hard to use a 15 influence in only 40, when you have such great breakers and tech in faction.

i don't know, seems hard to use a 15 influence in only 40, when you have such great breakers and tech in faction.

yeah! it's a good problem to have!

Well, 3xTemujin (6), 1xClot (2), 1xLegwork/HQI (2), 2xClone Chip (2), 2xEmployee Strike (2) leaves 1 influence. Stimhack, a Shard, Turning Wheel, Datasucker all seem like viable uses. Maybe drop the Legwork for a Corroder and use Turning Wheel for HQ pressure instead? That's where my influence has been going these days.

Temujin, Clot, and Clone Chips bring you up to 11 inf. Toss in some employee strikes and scrubbers and you're at 15 easy-peasy. ;)

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Well, 3xTemujin (6), 1xClot (2), 1xLegwork/HQI (2), 2xClone Chip (2), 2xEmployee Strike (2) leaves 1 influence. Stimhack, a Shard, Turning Wheel, Datasucker all seem like viable uses. Maybe drop the Legwork for a Corroder and use Turning Wheel for HQ pressure instead? That's where my influence has been going these days.

This post marks the moment where I realized Blackstone is actually really really good!

Wow!

edited October 2016
    blackstone is super good, but then you encounter an Eli and you're sad

I think it's a valid decision to use Paperclip instead, even in Smoke, especially if you're not also running clone chips

Shorty on
    Also, possible pro-tip: If you're running Artist Colony, consider also adding in a Hades or Utopia Shard. As long as you have 7 credits on hand, Hades Shard makes you immune to the Power Shutdown combo (aside from out of Haarpsichord), and Utopia Shard can help pick that Accelerated Diagnostics from their hand before they play it (plus can help against other kill-combo decks once they play 24/7 New Cycle or other similar cards, though it's obviously not guaranteed).

I like adding a Net Ready Eyes for Blackstone Eli

or... a personal touch?

Datasucker is also easy, though costs influence. But you're saving on influence with Blackstone instead of Corroder/Paperclip, so it balances!

I'm tempted to give prepaid a go in Smoke, though Temujin is probably still better.

I really want to give Medium a go though. With Mirror and Net Mercur you could run R&D all day.

I'm tempted to give prepaid a go in Smoke, though Temujin is probably still better.

I really want to give Medium a go though. With Mirror and Net Mercur you could run R&D all day.

or other centrals.

like, with Beth, i wonder how playable Notoriety will be.

Remember equivocation is coming out alongside Smoke - you can have multiple R&D runs per turn without spending influence on medium.

Dis' wrote: »

Remember equivocation is coming out alongside Smoke - you can have multiple R&D runs per turn without spending influence on medium.

that one's in martial law, isn't it?

info on world's, which is next week (!)

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/24/the-apex-of-organized-play/

for some reason I thought it was later in the month

also consider this an invitation to begin guessing at what the winning decks will be

also is d'argenio gonna take it again?

I'd say that question relates to the previous--is the best deck a really grindy, long, tense test of mental fortitude? if so, it seems likely!

Honestly, the best deck is one that you can crush people who don't know how to play against it, relatively easily, but that still is a challenge to play against even if they know what to do. Kill IG is definitely up there, but I think some form of BOOM! deck also has merit. Even without the Power Shutdown/Accelerated Diagnostics/24/7-double BOOM! combo it's hard to protect oneself. The CTM tempo decks are also very strong right now. Some people are going to be running modified glacier (either EtF or Palana) because DNA Tracker and Fairchild 3.0 are so good, but once a runner establishes their board state it's going to be hard to keep them out. The EtF build that FA's out agendas with Advanced Assembly Lines, Lateral Growth, and Jeeves is a dark horse but still really good against anyone but Whizzard (and/or Clot-lock).

Runner-wise, that's still probably the DLR deck. As long as you can keep their economy relatively under control, it doesn't much matter what the corp does, since DLR mill will do damage. Even with more people playing All-Seeing I, it can be difficult to win if you don't know how to control the matchup and what to look out for. Shaper decks have merit, and both Dyper Kate and Nexus Kate are solid (stealth is almost there, but maybe not quite). Temujin Whizzard is good, and Val with Rebirth is still strong as well (gogo RegAss builds). Criminal may not have the best builds right now, but I've been liking my Stealth Andy deck (Switchblade and Houdini deal with almost all the problematic ice out there), and they can still make a lot of money, which is important in this meta.

edited October 2016
    I assume the winning decks are going to be "whatever Dan is playing" for Corp, and "whatever Dan is playing" for Runner.

Man, that weekend is packed. Worlds, BlizzCon, Warmachine Weekend, etc.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Honestly, the best deck is one that you can crush people who don't know how to play against it, relatively easily, but that still is a challenge to play against even if they know what to do. Kill IG is definitely up there, but I think some form of BOOM! deck also has merit. Even without the Power Shutdown/Accelerated Diagnostics/24/7-double BOOM! combo it's hard to protect oneself. The CTM tempo decks are also very strong right now. Some people are going to be running modified glacier (either EtF or Palana) because DNA Tracker and Fairchild 3.0 are so good, but once a runner establishes their board state it's going to be hard to keep them out. The EtF build that FA's out agendas with Advanced Assembly Lines, Lateral Growth, and Jeeves is a dark horse but still really good against anyone but Whizzard (and/or Clot-lock).

Runner-wise, that's still probably the DLR deck. As long as you can keep their economy relatively under control, it doesn't much matter what the corp does, since DLR mill will do damage. Even with more people playing All-Seeing I, it can be difficult to win if you don't know how to control the matchup and what to look out for. Shaper decks have merit, and both Dyper Kate and Nexus Kate are solid (stealth is almost there, but maybe not quite). Temujin Whizzard is good, and Val with Rebirth is still strong as well (gogo RegAss builds). Criminal may not have the best builds right now, but I've been liking my Stealth Andy deck (Switchblade and Houdini deal with almost all the problematic ice out there), and they can still make a lot of money, which is important in this meta.

I dunno about DLR being the winner (rather than just good), CtM nowadays plays more ice and can armour up before landing the tag punishment, and HB (rush or glacier) has ark lockdown to kill the siphons.

Oh hey, sweet, the panel with Damon talking about Red Sand is going to be streamed on their Twitch channel. Hopefully more spoilers will drop.

Looks like it'll be between the Final Day and the Top 16, estimated to be around 1:30 PM their time on Friday.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Worlds Predictions!

Please note these are almost always wrong as people reveal secret tech

Runner - I expect Whizzard to be the most dominant runner with other Anarch IDs such as Val and MaxX also doing well. I think there will be some successful Andy in the cut but not as many as people think. If Shaper makes top 16 it will be Dyper I think.

Corp - CTM will dominate, though other yellow IDs such as SYNC and Sol, maybe NEH will also be strong. No Weyland in the cut. Maybe some HB glacier or FA. I think the number of Jinteki in the cut will be limited as well.

People agree, disagree?