As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Overwatch Meetup ?

Jigglypuff510Jigglypuff510 Registered User regular
Is anyone interested in an Overwatch meetup ? I was thinking after PAX Friday or Saturday, maybe at a hotel or restaurant, want to keep it either for all ages or 18+

TbjrD9q.png

• Options
    robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    That sounds fun to me. It's too early for me to commit, I'd like to see what else is going on those days as well, but I freaking love Overwatch and play nearly every day, so it definitely sounds like a good time. Keep us updated as PAX creeps closer please!

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    VermillionDeVermillionDe Registered User regular
    Sure, what, just overwatch fans getting together and gabbing about the game? I'd probably be up for that. ...depending on how much my feet hurt after hoofing it all over the convention center.

• Options
    Sure, what, just overwatch fans getting together and gabbing about the game? I'd probably be up for that. ...depending on how much my feet hurt after hoofing it all over the convention center.

Yeah, maybe eat somewhere after PAX, Actually having a LAN is a possibility however its unlikely I would be able to lug my desktop to PAX

TbjrD9q.png
  • Options
    robirex wrote: »
    That sounds fun to me. It's too early for me to commit, I'd like to see what else is going on those days as well, but I freaking love Overwatch and play nearly every day, so it definitely sounds like a good time. Keep us updated as PAX creeps closer please!

Yeah, I was thinking Santapios or Regina Pizzeria, or whatever is open after PAX

TbjrD9q.png
  • Options
    SuaveScarletSuaveScarlet Registered User new member
    Yes please! I'm wicked down for that. Dim Sum or Hot Pot would be great to get, but might get a little complicated payment wise.

• Options
    Yes please! I'm wicked down for that. Dim Sum or Hot Pot would be great to get, but might get a little complicated payment wise.

Yeah as many people we can get would be great to split the bill.

TbjrD9q.png
  • Options
    I have decided on Saturday Night still unsure about where we would go

TbjrD9q.png
  • Options
    robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular

YAS. Is there something close-ish?

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    Doctor GuttsDoctor Gutts Registered User regular
    This sounds fun. I may be down, it's just hard to fully commit this early. Great idea though.

faoev38bwz7u.png
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Yeah sounds interesting but I can't commit yet. Saturday is usually the night I head out to PAX afterparties so we'll see how this year stacks up :p

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    I love Overwatch and I am interested in this.
    I am bringing my desktop PC and right now I plan to have it connected in my hotel room.
    However, I am going to investigate the BYOC aspect of PAX. I have never done that before.

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    WellywokzWellywokz Registered User regular
    I would love to meet other Over watch people! I was able to make a lot of friends when I entered the Over watch Tournament last year!
    I hope they will host another open tournament as well. It would awesome to meet some cool people. Nice to plan early

I don't know if I want to bring my PC since I tend to like to go to the stuff than say at the LAN-PC section. it seems pretty fun though

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    I'm totally up for meeting and talking Overwatch. Like others, I would be more up for talking about it than playing, as my gaming PC is definitely staying at home.

• Options
    DemetirusDemetirus New Brunswick, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'd be interested in going though, like others, I won't commit until closer to the expo date. I don't play Overwatch much, but I think it's a great game!

• Options
    mightyjrmightyjr Registered User new member
    If it's just to hangout and banter about how lame the ARG was then count me in! Not to hijack your post but what about meeting up beforehand and grouping up in the console/pc area for some arcade mode?

• Options
    GummibearGummibear Registered User new member
    This sounds awesome! When, where, and what time?!

• Options
    dlep19dlep19 Boston Registered User regular
    Thankfully Overwatch manages to run on my tablet. xD I would love to meet up with other players. There is actually a few spots this could happen relativity nearby. If people are willing for a short train ride into Quincy, there are tons of great restaurants, or a ride to the Fenway there are also quite a few spots. Otherwise, the restaurant attached to the Westin might be a good alternative?

• Options
    ShnooxShnoox BostonRegistered User new member
    edited March 2017
    Hey, I'd love to go to a meetup. This is my first PAX and I'm hoping to meet local Overwatch friends.

As for places to eat locally, I've lived here for the past 10 years and I can probably think of a few places. There's decent hotpot nearby in Chinatown, but splitting the bill is a total pain and it's not that big so if a lot of people come it'll be a tight fit. Alternatively, Flour Bakery is up off of Congress Street and is really good. I work near one in Back Bay and I eat there way too much. It's a coffee shop that's open until about 8 with a bunch of sandwiches, too. It looks like Bon Me opened up near the Children's Museum, also.

Shnoox on