As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Paradox Can Into Space With [Stellaris]

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Campy wrote: »
    Okay, so is it normal for a friendly Ai Empire to spam me with requests to become a vassal until they hate me?

And it really sucks to lose a game because the ai that hates you has more habbital planets near them and you have 3. Seriously, their destroyer force alone outnumbers my entire fleet.

I had this happen to me early game too, not sure if it's intended or not from the devs. I mean it kind of makes sense that over time they'd get more and more annoyed at your impudence.

As for the lack of planets around you, I had that happen to me in this latest game too. Managed to scrape by making defensive pacts until I liberated, vassalised and then integrated an empire that had about 3 systems already and a different, more common planet preference.

I spent my fleet on a mission to take a ring world. We won, but I lost the fleet. Immediately I was sent a message from a "friendly" neighbor demanding vassalization or war. I was all, "Mother fuckers please! I just wasted a fleet 5x the size of yours on a God damn lark. Give me like 3 months and I'll be back to where I was. Plus, y'know, I'm in a Federation with 7 other members."

AI can be kinda dumb sometimes.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    point defense systems actually seem to work so missiles are shut down pretty hard by them. My corvettes and destroyers at this point make a nice duo with corvettes throwing missiles and plasma at the enemy while my destroyers sit back a little further and rip into stations.

• DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Survived my first war with some aggressive neighbors. I had alot of stations destroyed, a planet taken, but wore their fleet down in the final battle around Earth and then a subsequent smaller battle that saw their fleet shredded. I lost the war but only had to suffer humiliation. Now we rebuild...and plot revenge.

I think this is part of what makes Stellaris different and fun. In a Civ game I'd probably quit and start over. I'm in a really bad position now tbh. However in Stellaris it's more interesting to see what might happen next, as I'm not concerned about always heading towards a victory condition of some sort.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
    edited October 2016
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Survived my first war with some aggressive neighbors. I had alot of stations destroyed, a planet taken, but wore their fleet down in the final battle around Earth and then a subsequent smaller battle that saw their fleet shredded. I lost the war but only had to suffer humiliation. Now we rebuild...and plot revenge.

I think this is part of what makes Stellaris different and fun. In a Civ game I'd probably quit and start over. I'm in a really bad position now tbh. However in Stellaris it's more interesting to see what might happen next, as I'm not concerned about always heading towards a victory condition of some sort.

This is why I'm happy for a Paradox Space 4x.

In most games of this type winning or losing a war is often an all or nothing affair, with a white peace option thrown in.

In Paradox games winning or losing a war is all part of the fun.

edit- Also, goddamn one of these days I'm going to go through all these ship mods and take the models and put them in one big super ship mod. Just ships, nothing else. So many of them are like "Adds new ships from ____," Yay! "Oh also adds a bunch of new tech and op weapons!" Groan!

Axen on
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

In most games of this type winning or losing a war is often an all or nothing affair, with a white peace option thrown in.

edit- Also, goddamn one of these days I'm going to go through all these ship mods and take the models and put them in one big super ship mod. Just ships, nothing else. So many of them are like "Adds new ships from ____," Yay! "Oh also adds a bunch of new tech and op weapons!" Groan!

You could quite literally write TV show scripts to some of the events that happens in Paradox games. I get Babylon 5 and DS9 throwbacks all the time from some of these stories.

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Yeah, if you make it out of the early game it seems quite unlikely that you'll be completely annihilated. Haven't had a game truly eking out an existence as a small empire, but this ones about as close as I've got. I'm quite intrigued to try it to be honest.

So the giant space beast that I antagonised decided to come over and park itself in my home system, heating my homeworld up and constantly bombing the shit out of it. I scraped together a max personal and federation fleet, which together topped out around 20k and tried to take the bugger down. Managed to get it to about 50% before my last ship popped (in hindsight i don't know why I didn't emergency FTL once all hope was lost, but w/e). Despite being victorious the beast decided to up and leave to my federation buddy's space. Now I'm not sure if I actually scared it off or if it was something funky in the code regarding the federation fleet I was using, but I really don't mind since he's no longer cooking Slaath to a fusion powered crisp.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Sector AI often seems to sit on money instead of building on tiles; I've got several big wealthy sectors that are letting most of their citizens scratch around in the unimproved snow

Feels like I need to individually build up the infrastructure of each planet before I hand it off, which I would not mind except that this ends up wasting the 25% of sector income I'm not able to tax

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    Although altogether the new content is great and I'm having lots of fun

• ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Sector AI often seems to sit on money instead of building on tiles; I've got several big wealthy sectors that are letting most of their citizens scratch around in the unimproved snow

Feels like I need to individually build up the infrastructure of each planet before I hand it off, which I would not mind except that this ends up wasting the 25% of sector income I'm not able to tax

I've got two fully-developed sectors with 8-10K minerals and energy in each. I'm wondering what kind of galactic emperor I am if I can't snatch back some of that.

That said, if you can afford the improvements de-sectoring a colony for long enough to queue them's only 25 influence.

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    There is apparently a bug with sector AI at the moment where it'll take minerals out of your main empire's resource pile instead of its own, probably worth bearing in mind. Luckily I'm running as a Benevolent Monarchy in my new run so I get +2 core planets to begin with, and I was lucky enough to find two systems nearby with two colonizable planets each, so I won't have to deal with sectors for quite a while.
    There's such a large amount of randomness to this game that it's hard to know whether you're doing something wrong, or if you just got a shitty start and your neighbour an amazing one. If they happen to luck into their starting and immediately surrounding systems as glistening with minerals then they're going snowball harder than you even if you play perfectly.

This. Generally the randomness will even out to something like fairness (i.e, I got lots of colonizable planets nearby, but I'm also a pacifist bordering two xenophobes and a militarist) but sometimes you just get taken roughly from behind.

Zibblsnrt wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »

I've got two fully-developed sectors with 8-10K minerals and energy in each. I'm wondering what kind of galactic emperor I am if I can't snatch back some of that.

That said, if you can afford the improvements de-sectoring a colony for long enough to queue them's only 25 influence.

Good point

I have so much mineral-income at this point that I might as well

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    There is apparently a bug with sector AI at the moment where it'll take minerals out of your main empire's resource pile instead of its own, probably worth bearing in mind. Luckily I'm running as a Benevolent Monarchy in my new run so I get +2 core planets to begin with, and I was lucky enough to find two systems nearby with two colonizable planets each, so I won't have to deal with sectors for quite a while.

Well, this explains why I am so damn poor in my current run. Been busy with some wars and such, and just noticed that my money seems to be not stockpiling, and I thought I saw it was dissapearing, but write it off to being tired.

Hmm, I thought my influence was vanishing at one juncture in the game. Wonder if it's related...

Influence shouldn't be, since the sector AI will (apparently) never spend influence. Which is why you should make sure to upgrade your planet's capital to the max before handing it over to the sector AI, because they'll never grow it (because it costs influence). I do find that influence is the resource I struggle with more than any other though.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I was gonna do a write up on ship roles and combat, but i've been beaten to it on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/5954ve/13_ship_roles_load_outs_and_configurations/

Excellent post/advice. I'd quibble with some of it (I favour ships that have both kinetics and plasma on them, just favouring one or the other - and energy torpedoes seem pretty good), but the rest is spot on. I used a similar fleet, and it was able to thrash the awoken FE, albiet with heavy casulties (oddly, they focus fire on battleships it seems? So my cruisers came out unscathed). Although i'll note my fleets dont use missiles at all, so i cant speak to that part of things.

One bit it doesn't mention though - Mining Drone Lasers and Amoeba strike craft are excellent early-mid game options, even if they do fall off (hard in the case of amoeba) once later tech comes online. Missiles are also great as an early game option - i started with them and diversified to other tech pretty quickly.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    I was on the receiving end of mining lasers early game when I had only level 1 shields. Holy shit they tore through my corvette fleet like it was nothing.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

Idk, it seems very likely to get caught in a death sprial.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Man, I don't know if I've just gotten a bad start a few times, but I can't get anything going with my preferred race since the new patch

I've started a new game twice and while one I've managed to not encounter any major civs yet, it's just sort of boring. I don't have very many planets near me at all and I'm basically blockaded by a bunch of space amoebas and whatnot because my fleet is made of tissue paper

Maybe that's what I get for picking hyperspace as my preferred FTL. I just think it could be cool if everyone used it! Why does it have to be so inconvenient so often!!

Ah well. I managed to get an interesting game going with my space squid slaver imperialists, which is neat. But I think I'll end up rolling a new start with my old race a few times more, at least

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited October 2016
    Man, I really don't get this game's combat. I had fleet go against a similarly sized fleet (5.5k vs 6.1k), using a similar composition and similar tech but they totally destroyed my fleet with no losses. What the heck?

Embarrassing given it's this stupid empire thats been trying to vassalize mine for the entire game. I've fought them off like 3 times, felt like it was time to go on the offensive after they lost a war somewhere else and had like no fleet strength, which didn't last for long. I wish there was an empire wide self-destruct for when I lose the war inevitably. Freedom or DEATH!

Edit - Oh yeah. If this helps: alot of my early victories against superior fleets came from me using ships loaded with auto-cannons sitting around an FTL trap next to a space station. That was kind of hilarious...

DarkMecha on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So, anyone thinking of maybe doing a MP game now that Heinlein is out? Should we do a google docs spreadsheet to keep track of everyone's availability perhaps?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Man, I really don't get this game's combat. I had fleet go against a similarly sized fleet (5.5k vs 6.1k), using a similar composition and similar tech but they totally destroyed my fleet with no losses. What the heck?

Embarrassing given it's this stupid empire thats been trying to vassalize mine for the entire game. I've fought them off like 3 times, felt like it was time to go on the offensive after they lost a war somewhere else and had like no fleet strength, which didn't last for long. I wish there was an empire wide self-destruct for when I lose the war inevitably. Freedom or DEATH!

Edit - Oh yeah. If this helps: alot of my early victories against superior fleets came from me using ships loaded with auto-cannons sitting around an FTL trap next to a space station. That was kind of hilarious...

Bearing in mind they did have 10% fleet power on you, what were the weapons and defensive measures of choice for each of you? The rock paper scissors thing Paradox has been going for seems to have only been boosted in Heinlein.

And yeah, the ol' FTL trap is a really nice playing field leveller. Not sure if it's changed in this patch, but the increased FTL cooldown really allows you to go to town on them for a good while before they can fight back.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Bearing in mind they did have 10% fleet power on you, what were the weapons and defensive measures of choice for each of you? The rock paper scissors thing Paradox has been going for seems to have only been boosted in Heinlein.

It's probably worth noting that while the R-P-S thing has been pushed, the net effect just means you need to deploy fleets that use all the tools. So far my games are bearing out that combined plasma/kinetics are the way to go, and backing that up with heavy use of shields. (Shields because they're much easier to regenerate, and quite a bit harder to get around vs armor, which has a lot of things that can ignore it). A good combined fleet will definitely punch way, way above it's weight class.

At least, vs the AI - They tend to deploy mixed-ish fleets (Although, best as i can tell, their weapon selection is horrible), so you need to have a plan to deal with shields, and then deal with armour once shields are gone

Actually, that's one thing that kinda bugs me severely now. The Fleet power value is a number at this point, and a very not helpful one. 120k of my ships went up vs 2x70k unbidden and 1x270k fleet in the process of killing the portal. Lost half that amount of fleet power by the time the portal died, but trashed 3 of those 70k fleets and a chunk of the 270k. Fleet composition and effective weapon balance is such a bigger deal that fleet numbers boil down to "It's really big!".

When I've been building fleets I've been going for some long range shield punishing weapons and short range armour penetrating weapons. Haven't had a big fight since I've had such customisation other than giant space beastie, so I'm not sure how well it works in practice!

When I've been building fleets I've been going for some long range shield punishing weapons and short range armour penetrating weapons. Haven't had a big fight since I've had such customisation other than giant space beastie, so I'm not sure how well it works in practice!

I can say right now it's going to backfire on you. In contrast to 1.2 where range was king, tracking is king now - and that's too reductive a statement to actually work out. You want to have mixes of short range shield breaking and short range armor breaking, and mixes of long range sheild breaking and long range armor breaking - otherwise you'll hit situations where all your corvettes get chewed up, and your anti-shield slows to a crawl trying to chew through armour (This exact situation acutally nearly wrecked me when i was storming a non-awoken FE. Those space stations are vicious).

Best bet is to field a mix of all four ship types, and have sub-cateogries within those that specalize towards one of the two. (Personally, i think hybridised designs that favour plasma over kinetic or vice versa, but still have both are probably the better option, but that's gut instinct - I'm not nearly good enoguh at min maxing to say if that's optimal)

edited October 2016
    Hilariously to me, without knowing anything I went kinetics, plasma, and shields. I've got short ranged ships filled to the brim with stormfire cannons and long range setup ships with plasma cannons (tier 3, the green ones) and kinetic batteries. Everyone has advanced shields and shield capacitors. I also have some carrier battleships with 1 fighter and 2 bomber wings using advanced strike craft, some picket destroyers with PD, and some corvettes with torpedoes (tier 2).

The enemy fleet is plasma obsessed, fielding almost only plasma cannons on nearly all their ships. They also mixed in some strike craft, a few lasers, tier 3 torps, and i saw ion disruptors last battle. I can't remember but they might have hyper shields. I'm close to having them but not yet.

The thing I don't get is ok sure, I lost. They slightly out numbered me and I guess ion disruptors and perhaps hyper shields are just that good that they were going to win just because of them? Well that's lame but ok, fine. What is BS is that they took no losses at all. We are pretty close in technology and the battle was only 10% difference in numbers. That is enough for it to be an absolute slaughter? Man if that's true, I don't think this is the game for me...

DarkMecha on
    edited October 2016
    I would like Paradox to add a cross reference tab for encountered enemy ship designs ala Sword of the Stars.

In SotS you can check your reference tab, look up an empire, and it'd list the ship classes you've encountered and what weapons/modules each class was using during your last encounter with them.

So you can check and see, "Oh this empire I want to go to war with has been real energy weapon focused. I should probably upgrade my fleet accordingly."

IIRC if you had no concept of a certain weapon type or module it's just be ???.

Axen on
    Oh I did just realize one thing that probably is making all the difference: computers. I haven't gotten to research any battle computers! I'll bet the AI fleets are using more advanced ones...crap! Those give bonuses don't they? Not to mention organize your fleet by range and stuff better.

ugh stations...stations are my bane right now. while they whittle down one ship at a time so my overall power goes away, my damage does nothing unless i win. they don't shoot less or take increased damage...it's overwhelming force or nothing against stations.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So, if there's any potential interest in a PA MP game, I started up a sheet so people could more easily compare availability:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YH9bgnUX_CVhiSIyyvUVTzi-IozwwN0QFYP-KD_HW-Q/edit?usp=sharing

Also here's a discord channel some people PA people started up/were using for Stellaris:

https://discord.gg/XB4ta

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    kinetics did not do very well for me. I still prefer a lot of energy weapons with the energy torpedoes to drop shields and then plasma cannons to punch through armor

I would like Paradox to add a cross reference tab for encountered enemy ship designs ala Sword of the Stars.

In SotS you can check your reference tab, look up an empire, and it'd list the ship classes you've encountered and what weapons/modules each class was using during your last encounter with them.

So you can check and see, "Oh this empire I want to go to war with has been real energy weapon focused. I should probably upgrade my fleet accordingly."

Oh yes. Right now there's basically no way to know what your enemy's fleet composition is until you've actually fought them, at which point you just have to remember or write down what they've got since there's no in-game way of logging that. Seems like exactly the sort of thing that an "intrigue" DLC could add though; I want to be able to sneak spies into their empire and scope out what tech their ships are using, rock paper scissors is useless when you don't know what your enemy actually has.
    Oh I did just realize one thing that probably is making all the difference: computers. I haven't gotten to research any battle computers! I'll bet the AI fleets are using more advanced ones...crap! Those give bonuses don't they? Not to mention organize your fleet by range and stuff better.

Yep, computers make quite a substantial difference.

• ToyDToyD Registered User regular

Oh yes. Right now there's basically no way to know what your enemy's fleet composition is until you've actually fought them, at which point you just have to remember or write down what they've got since there's no in-game way of logging that. Seems like exactly the sort of thing that an "intrigue" DLC could add though; I want to be able to sneak spies into their empire and scope out what tech their ships are using, rock paper scissors is useless when you don't know what your enemy actually has.

Single corvette scout fleets!

steam_sig.png
    ToyD wrote: »

Single corvette scout fleets!

Only works if the borders are open, which is unlikely if our relations are bad enough that we're likely to go to war!

I'm trying being a pacifist this time around and its... not that great. I'd hoped that the bonus to trust gain would mean that I'd be super BFFs with everybody in short order, but it really hasn't worked out that way what with being bordered by two xenophobes and a militarist. I think next time I'm just going to go militarist / materialist and burn the universe down.

• Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I'm playing through the Star Trek mod and boy howdy the traditional Federation members do not like you when you start conquering your neighbors. Even if your neighbors are the Klingons.

Kane Red Robe on
    Beta hotfix patch is out, you can get it through the betas tab on the game properties in Steam.
    ##############################################################
    ######################## HOTFIX 1.3.1 ########################
    ##############################################################

###################
    # Features
    ###################

#General
    * Fleets that go MIA will now prioritize retreating to spaceports they can repair at or where there are rally points
    * Disabling the tutorial now recycles the Advisor's RAM, granting 2 Minerals (once per game)
    * Returning MIA fleets will now appear at the edge of the system's gravity well, with an order to orbit a friendly colony queued
    * Removed restriction on moving pops in sectors, as it caused some issues with resettlement
    * Empires get high intel level in systems with Enclaves they have communications with
    * Purging now prevents all population growth

#Diplomacy
    * It is no longer possible to offer Non-Aggression Pacts while at war

###################
    # Balance
    ###################

#General
    * Scaled spawn chance of the second Enclave station of each type has been doubled, resulting in 24/64/96/100/100% spawn rate in Tiny/Small/Medium/Large/Huge galaxies
    * Scaled spawn chance of the third Enclave station of each type has been increased, resulting in 18/48/72/96/100% spawn rate in Tiny/Small/Medium/Large/Huge galaxies
    * Civilian fleets can now emergency FTL much faster than military ones
    * Reduced frequency of planets with Stone Age Primitives
    * 'Alien Overlords' happiness modifier is now affected by policy happiness modifier

#Diplomacy & War
    * Reduced the extra warscore cost for taking Capitals

#Encounters & End Game Crises
    * Unbidden Escort ship base evasion reduced from 80 to 20
    * Swarm orbital bombards
    * Swarm changes bombardment stance
    * Swarm only builds stations within borders
    * Swarm sends fleet if it's small but can't be merged
    * Swarm can now use Full Orbital Bombardment

###################
    # AI
    ###################

#War
    * AI no longer uses torpedoes until cruisers are available

#Sector
    * Fixed bug causing sectors to destroy empire and planet unique buildings when redevelopment is toggled off
    * Fixed a case where sectors would not properly keep pops enslaved
    * Sector AI now only builds military stations in systems with colonies, outpost stations and wormhole stations

#Diplomacy
    * AI countries who join the League of Non-Aligned Powers will now always stay in it for at least 20 years
    * AI will no longer ask you to become their vassal multiple times in a row

#Misc
    * Fixed bug causing AI not to build stations
    * Fixed bug causing AI to build empire and planet unique buildings just to destroy them a second after
    * AI does no longer know that player is building a Spaceport
    * Fixed bug that caused AI not to build armies sometimes

###################
    # User Interface
    ###################
    * Save game incompatibility is indicated by gray text
    * Expansion planner shows colony ship type

###################
    # Graphics
    ###################
    * Added new environment for Gaia planet, added new surface tiles for savannah and alpine, and fixed the LUT for alpine and savannah planets
    * Stellar Devourer spawn VFX duration reduced to 1 day
    * Added missing tech icon for tomb world adaptation

###################
    # Bugfixes
    ###################
    * Frontier Hospital technology now properly requires Frontier Health
    * Fleets can now attack during warp drive wind-down
    * Added missing localization for Kicked from Federation notification text
    * Added missing localization for Federation Association Request
    * Added missing localization for Federation Association Ended
    * Added missing component set for Enigmatic Disruption Field which broke localization
    * Display all DLCs enabled by the host for clients in the multiplayer lobby
    * Fixed Fallen Empires spamming threats and remove flag effect being shown in tooltips
    * Transports now also showing fleet status
    * Fixed some events attempting to spawn removed ship designs
    * Slaver mandate is no longer valid if the country's policies disallow slavery
    * Fixed a bug where Colony Influence Cost would sometimes be too high
    * Fixed Alpine and Savannah worlds not counting towards the Habitable Worlds Survey event chain
    * Fixed CTD caused by ships trying to shoot at entities that did not exist
    * Fixed an issue with a slave faction tooltip
    * Fixed CTD when an event timed out without any valid options
    * The event window will now properly close when the event times out
    * Fixed visual artifacts on pulsar and neutron stars
    * Added missing localization for Plantoid 4 name list
    * Launcher DLC tab scrollbar appears with correct position and size when content overflows container
    * Founder species now changes when no pops of that species exist after gene modification
    * No longer possible to generate infinite resources by trading non-existent resources
    * No longer possible to trade last resource via multiple trade deals
    * Tooltip for sector settings was missing localization
    * Fixed bug causing ship designer to choose components that haven't yet been researched by player
    * Rebuilding Automated Dreadnought now gives you a ship with the same FTL system you have
    * Fixed a bug where robots could sometimes get ethics
    * Don't send double notification messages when notifying all communications
    * Fixed mapicons showing 100% habitability after building a robot pop
    * Colonization orders only cancel if player lacks resources when resources haven't yet been allocated. Canceling colonization order for colony ship built via expansion planner returns allocated resources.
    * Special projects in the same option group which time out on the same day no longer get blocked from failing properly
    * Fix an Infinity Machine event bug where a Spiritualist empire modifier from the Infinity Machine would be removed from one empire if the Infinity Machine killed a fleet from another empire
    * Second Infinity Machine contact event will no longer occur if Infinity Machine is hostile
    * Wrong event will no longer fire if fleet is destroyed by Infinity Machine
    * Dimensional Horror special project now appears in system view
    * DPS calculator and military power now take ship firing speed modifiers into account
    * Fixed missing graphics on sanctuary guardians
    * Fixed conflicting traits for Kel-Azaan
    * Fixed materialist Fallen Empire task not giving opinion boost
    * Fixed bug causing wrong player to get removed from federation in multiplayer
    * Fixed CTD when using polish or russian on Linux/OSX
    * Fixed CTD caused by game not having write privileges to its cache files

Seems like that constantly attempted vassalisation by larger empires is no longer going to be a thing. As I mentioned before I actually quite liked the idea that an empire would get madder and madder at you if your fleet stayed small and you refused their protection.

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Recommendat ions for taking on stations? I had a 1.2k fleet get wiped out by 950 station with kinetics

Overwhelming Firepower

with corvettes only it's tougher because they can't soak damage well and you don't have anything more durable to back them up

Kruite wrote: »
    Recommendat ions for taking on stations? I had a 1.2k fleet get wiped out by 950 station with kinetics

i've found myself having to create custom ships since 1.3 that i didn't have to in older versions of the game. SO i have "missile" "rail" and "point defense" destroyers and just build my own mix of them. Make sure to look at adjusting the bodies of your ships too to make sure you are getting the right slots for what you want. My first go at stations with just the default fleet ships was horrible. After i started heavily customizing my fleets i wrecked everyone around me with hardly any damage (well corvettes always get chewed up but they are so cheap i don't care).

I went from one of the weakest empires to one of the strongest in about five years because of customizing my fleets.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »

Mining Lasers

• GlyphGryphGlyphGryph Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I made some races for a race pack on another forum, but am willing to share. Would anyone like a copy of any of the following?

zazAl07.jpg (The "We Are Working Together For Now" Government, lead by Grand Conclave "Space is Good, Let's do Space")
    8Z64k2A.jpg (Spoiler: They won't.)
    gDYJU8I.jpg (Full name: The Rythmic Undulations of Life's Neverending Song)

To use, simple copy/paste the data from https://justpaste.it/zrf0 into the end of your My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/user_empire_designs.txt file

GlyphGryph on
This discussion has been closed.