As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Well, oops.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Max turns to Lizzy, and raises an eyebrow
    "Also, something and ringing is the weakest rhyme ever"

Rude!

sig.gif
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Well yes, I need to show superiority of Toreador sophistication. :bzz:

Fencingsax on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm a Lunatic, not a Prissy Poetic Pansy. At least I can walk down the street without being attracted to flashy lights and pretty pictures. How does any Toreador survive being in a major city without being mugged, or hit by a car, or pretty much anything dangerous that can happen to someone who stands in one spot for long periods of time.

In fact, I expect a Toreador to be called crazy more than a Malk, as long as that Malk isn't the PC Malk from Bloodlines.

Stand still? In New York? I'm not a tourist.

Didn't all the Toreadors get trapped by the pretty artifacts in Chai's shop and Bulldog had to pick you up and drag you guys out?

Yeah, you would be standing around like a tourist in New York, right up to the moment the sun caught you.

Rude!

• ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular

Didn't all the Toreadors get trapped by the pretty artifacts in Chai's shop and Bulldog had to pick you up and drag you guys out?

Yeah, you would be standing around like a tourist in New York, right up to the moment the sun caught you.
    No. Deke resisted the fascination.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It bears asking if you all have any preparations in mind once acquiring the equipment or if you just plan to go in guns blazing, so to speak.

wVEsyIc.png
    Looking at everyone's sheets, we are decent in combat, except for Deacon. We could roll out and crack skulls without much fuss.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The brief downtime can be used for using your backgrounds and/or contacts for intel or feeding, if preferable.

wVEsyIc.png
    I would but Lizzy just gave her cellphone to the Prince, which I feel is going to backfire, because it will.

• BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Could I use wits (3) + streetwise (1) or investigation (1) + herd (3) for intel?

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    Danny wouldn't mind grabbing a bite to eat but I think his particular issues would require him to head back to his home turf (on the other side of town) and see if any of the potential meals he's been tracking are available right now. He'll hold off until he has a bit more downtime and either wait patiently or assist someone else if they need it.

Boozer wrote: »
    Could I use wits (3) + streetwise (1) or investigation (1) + herd (3) for intel?

Either would be fine. Streetwise would be more useful.

wVEsyIc.png
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Your characters are really coming to life for me :)

sig.gif

That's not very nice. I thought he was doing pretty well.

That's not very nice. I thought he was doing pretty well.

Unlife?

wVEsyIc.png
    Is everyone going to remain there until he returns? It may appear unusual to leave Rockefeller loaded for bat.

wVEsyIc.png
    That's why you load up the gear in the back, through the service door.

edited October 2016
    I don't have any points in Drive but if no one else volunteers to go I'll spend some XP on it.
    Edit: Or is there a rule against that? I can see how it could be abused.

Maclay on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I have points in it

I'm also guessing we would have discussed a plan of who would get it and where everyone would meet the new van.

So who would and where do they pick everyone else up at?

AustinP0027 on
    edited October 2016
    I have 2 pts in drive but I assume I'll keep driving my van. I just assumed we would all go there in my van and split up the gear. Then we could figure out who goes in what vehicle.

Not sure how we decide what spot to hit next, none of the streetwise rolls gave a clue on that.

@cj iwakura one thing I wasn't clear about, assuming it is triads, does the prince want us to take out all the triads hitting the city minus one hostage, or just clean out one location the triads are hitting and take a hostage?

---
    Edit:
    The Prince wrote:
    "Find the source of this madness. If it is those savage foreigners, feed them all to their own fires, save but one. I want that one alive. I care not if it is a leader or a street thug. Bring that one to me, and me alone. If it is... something else, then and only then are you to gauge what it it capable of, and return with news. Do not engage it. This is a vague directive, yes, but you are all clearly more than capable enough of acting with minimal guidance. It is such a capacity that makes you so very useful, unlike so many others.
    "

After rereading this post it sounds like all the Triads save one, if it's the Triads.
    Maybe what we should be doing is getting our hands on a police scanner and trying to find out where the most recent action is.

Boozer on
    edited October 2016
    Maclay wrote: »
    I don't have any points in Drive but if no one else volunteers to go I'll spend some XP on it.
    Edit: Or is there a rule against that? I can see how it could be abused.

You can, but it would not take effect until a future scene.
    I have 2 pts in drive but I assume I'll keep driving my van. I just assumed we would all go there in my van and split up the gear. Then we could figure out who goes in what vehicle.

Not sure how we decide what spot to hit next, none of the streetwise rolls gave a clue on that.

@cj iwakura one thing I wasn't clear about, assuming it is triads, does the prince want us to take out all the triads hitting the city minus one hostage, or just clean out one location the triads are hitting and take a hostage?

---
    Edit:
    The Prince wrote:
    "Find the source of this madness. If it is those savage foreigners, feed them all to their own fires, save but one. I want that one alive. I care not if it is a leader or a street thug. Bring that one to me, and me alone. If it is... something else, then and only then are you to gauge what it it capable of, and return with news. Do not engage it. This is a vague directive, yes, but you are all clearly more than capable enough of acting with minimal guidance. It is such a capacity that makes you so very useful, unlike so many others.
    "

After rereading this post it sounds like all the Triads save one, if it's the Triads.
    Maybe what we should be doing is getting our hands on a police scanner and trying to find out where the most recent action is.

Not all. Any instance of their involvement will do. She believes they're either together, or that will send a clear enough message to the rest.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    Do we need to roll somethingto find the van or are we able to just go to it?

You can go right to it.

wVEsyIc.png
    edited November 2016
    In the interest of keeping things straight in my head here's the equipment list I have so far. I'm donating my spare stuff as well since we're still a little light on equipment. Let me know if you disagree or I'm wrong on anything:
    Going Bulldog's Van (team Mayhem) -
    Bulldog & Liz & Danny & Deke

SUV w police scanner (team Reaper) -
    Alex & Max

Black clothes & radio (6) - everyone
    Kevlar vest (few?) - Bulldog & Liz & Alex & Deke
    Handcuffs (2)- Bulldog & Liz
    Bulldog's knives (2) - 1(L) - Bulldog & Danny
    Bulldog's Hvy Pistol - 3 - Bulldog
    Bulldog's Axe - 3(L) - Bulldog
    Scoped Rifle - 4(9 again) - Alex
    Liz's bat - 2(B) - Liz
    Silenced Beretta - 2 - Liz
    Switchblade - 0(L) - Liz
    .44 remington - 3(9 again) - Alex
    Bulldog's Lt Pistol - 2 - Max
    submachine gun - 3 - Deke
    telephoto camera and directional microphone - Max

I made a short list of what I think are everyones skills adjacent to this scenario. I think We're on the right track, only Alex and Bulldog have any gun skills. Danny and Liz are both handy with blades and stealthy. Deke and Max have few combat skills, but Max looks to have an edge in thy spying department and Deke has celerity and dodge, so I think my vote is for Max to take the cameras and Deke to join us below.
    Liz (melee / stealth / dementor):
    Physical- Strength (2), Dexterity(3), Stamina (1)
    Alertness (2), Brawl (2), Dodge (3), Leadership (1), Streetwise (3), Melee (2), Stealth (2)
    Auspex (1), Dementation (2), Obfuscate (1)

Alex (gunslinger / driver):
    Physical- Strength (1), Dexterity(3), Stamina (2)
    Talents(11): Alertness (2), Athletics (2), Drive (2), Firearms (3)
    Auspex (1), Celerity (1), Presence (1)

Bulldog (melee monster / decent guns):
    Physical - Strength(5), Dexterity(3), Stamina(2)
    Alertness(1), Brawl(2), Dodge(3), Streetwise(1), Drive(2), Firearms(2), Melee(3),
    Disciplines: Potence(2), Celerity(1), Presence(1)

Danny (melee / stealth / auspex):
    Physical- Strength (3), Dexterity (2), Stamina (2)
    Alertness 2, Athletics [1], Brawl 3, Dodge 2, Melee 2, Stealth 2
    Auspex (2), Obfuscate (1), Dementation (0)

Max (good phys stats / stealth / auspex):
    Physical - Strength(2), Dexterity(3), Stamina(3)
    Leadership(2), Streetwise(3), Stealth(2), Investigation(2),
    Disciplines: Auspex(2), Celerity, Presence(1)

Deke ( combat skills / fast) -
    Strength 2, Dexterity 2, Stamina 2
    Alertness 1, Brawl 1, Dodge (or Athletics, whichever we're doing) 1, Streetwise 1, Stealth 1
    Auspex 1, Celerity 1, Presence 1

Boozer on
    I also have security and stealth, so that would probably augment the idea.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    CJ, need me to make a drive roll on getting there?

I think drive is more for tough driving situations.

We should get someone to google fu the location for info and map layout. Not sure whose best at that.

I don't have my phone
    I never have felt so alone.

I'll do it

CJ, need me to make a drive roll on getting there?

With your drive, there's nothing you can't handle. It also won't take much to determine the club of note in the area is the Marquee.

wVEsyIc.png
    @cj iwakura I assume the Marquee is another established business like the other places hit? If so, we head there.

I don't feel like Danny has much to contribute during the ride over, so he'll just be taking in what everyone is saying and trying to 'keep his head on straight' for now.

@cj iwakura I assume the Marquee is another established business like the other places hit? If so, we head there.

You can easily connect those dots, yes.

wVEsyIc.png
    Can we get an aura perception roll on the bouncer to see if he's human? Seems like a lookout to me. No idea how Kuei-Jin show up in auras.

I only have one rank in Auspex so I can't do that.

I have two, but no empathy. @Fencingsax is probably the only one who can do it.

edited October 2016
    I will roll when I get home.

Did I learn anything from the layout?

Also, I am not quite sure what I would roll for this. Is the ability roll separate, or is it still a combine the stats thing?

Fencingsax on