As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft, if you are T7-ready and want to join our guild, we have 3 spots open. Like I said before, we raid 3 times a week. You just need to keep up with 600 guild coins a day

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Thanks for the generous offer, but I'm gonna stay where I'm at for now. It's a guild that me and my workmates built, and while we're small, I'm playing with friends and that's pretty much the only thing even still holding me to this game. If I wasn't playing with these people, I would have just quit a long time ago.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    So regarding PVP and Galactic Wars, do you guys have any tips for dealing with maxed out Fives? It seems like a very common occurrence for me to be able to get all the way to the very final stage of the Galactic War, and then a super Fives will just counter me to death. I'm talking about Fives with about a million health and shields, and even with big hits from Rey, TIE Pilot, and so forth, he just won't go down.

I've had situations where I can kill 4 out of 5 dudes, I'll have 4-5 of my own guys standing. And then Fives will single-handedly kill my team with counters.

I typically bring RG with me, and if I can land a stun, the Fives can't counter. But it seems like these super Fives that I keep running into also have massively high Tenacity and it's impossible to stick a Stun on them.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    [*] On the standard raid, everyone gets one attempt and can do no more than 300k damage (~10%). After 24 hours, the raid opens up to a FFA clean-up to finish off the raid. Anyone who scored over 300k the first day is not allowed to participate in the FFA clean-up the following day. This ensures that all 50 members can contribute to the raid, so no one is left out/behind and everyone gets loot.

How do you keep it under 300k of damage? One of biggest gripes about the raid is I can't see how much damage I've done until the battle is over.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    So regarding PVP and Galactic Wars, do you guys have any tips for dealing with maxed out Fives? It seems like a very common occurrence for me to be able to get all the way to the very final stage of the Galactic War, and then a super Fives will just counter me to death. I'm talking about Fives with about a million health and shields, and even with big hits from Rey, TIE Pilot, and so forth, he just won't go down.

I've had situations where I can kill 4 out of 5 dudes, I'll have 4-5 of my own guys standing. And then Fives will single-handedly kill my team with counters.

I typically bring RG with me, and if I can land a stun, the Fives can't counter. But it seems like these super Fives that I keep running into also have massively high Tenacity and it's impossible to stick a Stun on them.
    I've been there. The problem with Fives is he heals every time he does damage. So you can get in a situation where not enough damage is done to prevent him from healing it all back on the counter.

Stunning him is your best option. Daka, Ayla, RG, Dooku, are some of the toons with stun. When he is stunned he can't retaliate.

There are also some toons with non-counterable attacks like Grevious or Cad Bane that can work. Add in a tank that taunts to keep Fives off of them when he has his turn.

Timed explosives don't trigger his counter IIRC so Jawa Engineer, Greedo, Nute Gunray, and others might work.

You can even try and make a team that has all three.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Apostate wrote: »
    [*] On the standard raid, everyone gets one attempt and can do no more than 300k damage (~10%). After 24 hours, the raid opens up to a FFA clean-up to finish off the raid. Anyone who scored over 300k the first day is not allowed to participate in the FFA clean-up the following day. This ensures that all 50 members can contribute to the raid, so no one is left out/behind and everyone gets loot.

How do you keep it under 300k of damage? One of biggest gripes about the raid is I can't see how much damage I've done until the battle is over.
    It's all shown in percentages. 10-20% is below 300k damage in T7, typically. Obviously it depends on the stage, as well as the tier.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited October 2016

The three ways I handle 5s are:
    1. Avoid him until the end
    2. Focus all attack on him if he gets Defense down debuff - take him out quicker, which means less chance of getting healed
    3. Focus all attack on him if he gets stunned - cannot counter, but slowly whittle down, which mean increases chance of getting healed

There have been some times where I've focused attack on 5s if he gets the Offense down debuff, because his pot shot counter attacks are greatly reduced. I also have a droid squad with HK as leader, so the slow has less of an effect on my team because they gain 50% TM when they crit. That helps negate the slow.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    I'm really liking the synergy that an all-Rebels team has. I basically started my Rebel squad from scratch when Palpatine first released, so I'm pretty far behind. I had Ackbar at 7-stars and that was it.

But my goal is to turn my Rebel squad into my main team once their levels/gear/stars/mods are all appropriate.

The one thing I'm curious about, for those of you who run Rebel teams, do you have better success with Wedge as Leader or Ackbar? Almost certainly it would be one of those two, right? I've tried both, and without any sort of damage meters or after-battle reports, I really don't know which is giving me the best results. I feel like they do about the same either way.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Leia can burn down fives when she's stealthed he doesn't retaliate against her. Also I want to say on assist attacks like QGJ he only counters QGJ. But yeah I usually leave him for last because fuck him.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The one thing I'm curious about, for those of you who run Rebel teams, do you have better success with Wedge as Leader or Ackbar? Almost certainly it would be one of those two, right? I've tried both, and without any sort of damage meters or after-battle reports, I really don't know which is giving me the best results. I feel like they do about the same either way.
    I think it would depend on who you have on your squad. If a lot of your possible actions are non-attack, then Ackbar is your squid since those actions will generate an attack. If most of your options are attacks, then Wedge would be your man, as his offensive bonus is pretty sick; this is especially true if you have Biggs in the mix.

• Options
    I think it would depend on who you have on your squad. If a lot of your possible actions are non-attack, then Ackbar is your squid since those actions will generate an attack. If most of your options are attacks, then Wedge would be your man, as his offensive bonus is pretty sick; this is especially true if you have Biggs in the mix.
    Yes "Wiggs" seems to be one of the top current OP complaints in the GOH forums. It's a pretty nasty combo.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Palpatine is the target of my ire currently.

Fuck that guy. Like many 'problem heroes', sure, if you can land an early stun and blow them up quickly, it's just a meat shield for the rest of the team to go off on, but if you don't, he's a goddamned nightmare.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Tank Raid details have been outlined. It looks like it's going to be a tough one. Recommended squads are Jedi and Jawa.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/70956/tank-takedown-raid-details

Also, Ugnaught looks like he could be a pretty big game changer.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    I'm most intrigued by the Ships thing. Looking forward to some details about that.

Though it'll probably cost 10 million credits per ship (multiple levels and rarities and RNGs to fight of course as well) and the good stuff will be paywalled.

But I'm interested all the same.

• Options
    Forar wrote: »

Fuck that guy. Like many 'problem heroes', sure, if you can land an early stun and blow them up quickly, it's just a meat shield for the rest of the team to go off on, but if you don't, he's a goddamned nightmare.
    I'm especially hating him because of his TM debuff. Running an HK droid team, TM is a huge part of my squad, so when Palp hits them with the debuff which neutralizes any TM bonus, it shuts down the major aspect of my squad and I get annihilated.

• Options
    Forar wrote: »

I'm especially hating him because of his TM debuff. Running an HK droid team, TM is a huge part of my squad, so when Palp hits them with the debuff which neutralizes any TM bonus, it shuts down the major aspect of my squad and I get annihilated.

He is always target numero uno if I'm using Droids. He doesn't seem to have a lot of HP thankfully.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Tank Raid goes live today!
    All raid tickets (the new raiding currency) will be fully maxed once the raid goes live.

Also, there are some other items involved in yesterday's patch, which must be updated from the Play Store or iTunes Store (not in-game). Most noteworthy are
    • a 67% damage reduction to abilities that are based off of total health (DOTs, detonators) when applied to a raid boss
    • a lot of boosts to all of Yoda's abilities, making him the badass he's supposed to be.

More can be found here, in the update notes...

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Man. Tank Takedown raid is no joke.

I think my guild has already decided that we're gonna wait and get our core members to 85 and better gear/mods before we try this again. We'll slowly finish out the first attempt we made, but it's gonna take a while. We've been at it for 2 days now and have barely made a dent in it.

• Options
    We just finished P1 yesterday. Having Jawas is pretty crucial. Anytime they perform an ability, they call an assist; and they have +50% potency. I'm working my tail off to get my other 3 Jawas up to snuff. Engineer is almost 7*. Jawa, Nebit, and Datcha are at least half way to 6*. The Scavenger is going to take forever to get; if you though QGJ was painful, Scavenger starts at only 2*.

My guild will continue to run the raid, because it's the only way we'll get better at it, trying out all different methods. It's definitely humbling, though.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    My guild hasn't even cracked 5% on the new raid. They're a good group of folks, very focused on helping newer members, but there's only about five of us that are really higher competitive. I keep thinking about changing guilds, but I don't know.

I unlocked yoda last time around but didn't finish him. I'm currently grinding out in the hopes that I can finish him up this time. Luke and Leia, who have been the standby leaders of my team, are quickly fading in the dust of QGJ and the jedi healer lady.

I also wish I'd more aggressively pursued scoundrels as a newb, because credits and training things are so useful. I'd put that as my pro tip to a new player: if you don't know what you want to focus on, build a solid scoundrel team because that will let you build a different team when you can max out on the scoundrel events. I currently can't quite run the hardest scoundrel event as my scoundrel team is developed behind my primary team.

Edit:
    In fact, having started playing, what, about two months ago? And being about level 75 now, that would be my new player advice: Build a Scoundrel team primary, and build a jedi team secondary. Two batches of content you'll want to get into ASAP are locked behind those archetypes. (Scoundrels are a way to get massive credits and training droids occasionally, jedi lead to yoda/the first tough mod challenge/the new raid.)

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    So, just starting out myself with this game but I'm up to level 36. Any one have any tips or things I should check out?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Gonmun wrote: »
    So, just starting out myself with this game but I'm up to level 36. Any one have any tips or things I should check out?

Actually Darkwolfe's advice at the bottom is pretty good. Scoundrels are a good early investment to get. They are pretty easy to get through Galactic Warfare and Arena points as well. You even start with one (Chewy).

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Apostate wrote: »

Actually Darkwolfe's advice at the bottom is pretty good. Scoundrels are a good early investment to get. They are pretty easy to get through Galactic Warfare and Arena points as well. You even start with one (Chewy).
    Specifically target toons that fit into multiple categories:
    • 88 is a Scoundrel and a Droid
    • ST Han is a Scoundrel and Rebel
    • Lando is a Scoundrel and Rebel
    Doing that will help you take out two birds with one stone (a single toon can contribute to multiple events) instead of playing catchup with multiple toon, costing you time and frustration and GOD DAMNIT, WHY DIDN'T I DO THAT WHEN I STARTED?!

...I'm not bitter at my choices at all

I also recommend that you keep up with GW and the arena when you activate them. They may be annoying to do every day, but those rewards are massive in the long run. When you can join a guild, definitely do so. You can exchange gear and use guild currency to purchase other toons. It's completely worth it. Even if you can't contribute much to a raid, you get rewards nonetheless.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Something I haven't been able to figure out yet: Do leader skills provide any passive benefit to the character when they are NOT the leader? Like, should I be leveling these leader skills on the characters that aren't going to lead?

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Something I haven't been able to figure out yet: Do leader skills provide any passive benefit to the character when they are NOT the leader? Like, should I be leveling these leader skills on the characters that aren't going to lead?
    Negative. Leader skills only apply when that character is the active leader. The leader ability of my 5s is still at level 5 because I don't care about his leader ability, and it has not affected him or my squad in the least bit. I prefer to use those resources instead on abilities of other characters.

Now, while you may not currently be using the leader ability of someone (say, Luminara), you may find through GW that sometimes it is worthwhile. Those moments may make sense to level their leader ability up. Basically, I don't worry about the leader once it gets to Level 3 until I'm curious to see how it performs. Right now, I'm working on my Jawas for the Tank Takedown, because some of their leader abilities could be insane; I've just never played enough with the Jawas to know what will work.

Here's a good site for looking at what abilities will look like when Omega'ed: https://swgoh.gg/. If you click on an ability, it'll also show you what each level increases for that ability.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man I can't wait to get wedge to 7 star. Because when paired with bigs and leia holy fucking shit biggs assist can flat out take out an imperial guard with full shield and HP.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    Finally, a thread I can relate too. Did my personal best in arena, got my droid squad to #8 on my shard. My curse forever, shall be Han Solo and his stun shot.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Money has yet again become a huge problem for me. I have two toons needing to be upped to 7* and still need to get my Jawa to 80 so he can do something in the Tank Raid.

In regards to the ship update coming out soon, I'm told that you should work on Mace, Tarkin, and Ackbar.

Another thing to note: SWGOH does not observe DST. If you live in an area where Daylight Savings is observed, your refresh times will change by an hour.

Additionally: Omega battles will be every Saturday during November.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Hrrm. I don't have mace, sarkin or ackbar at all. Butts.

• Options
    I've got Ackbar and Mace both at 7 star and level 80. My Tarkin is only 4 star and level 55.

But I think I'm in a pretty good spot.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I've got Ackbar and Mace both at 7 star and level 80. My Tarkin is only 4 star and level 55.

That's more than some have. I haven't even unlocked Tarkin. Still working on getting all my Jawas up. Once I get Nebit up to 7*, I'm going to work on getting Tarkin.

I'm actually enjoying the tournament this time around. Using useless Ally points for refresh is soooo much better than the crystals.

Le_Goat on
  • Options

That's more than some have. I haven't even unlocked Tarkin. Still working on getting all my Jawas up. Once I get Nebit up to 7*, I'm going to work on getting Tarkin.

I'm actually enjoying the tournament this time around. Using useless Ally points for refresh is soooo much better than the crystals.

How many friend points did you take into the tourney?

Friend point rolls aren't worthless to me, since there's still a shard every 10 pulls or so which I actually need. So I only took about 6000 points in.

• Options
    I've been saving friend points since they announced they'd be used in the next tournament, and they've given us 5k of them at least twice, so I'm sitting on nearly 40,000 of them, and that's after spending maybe 1k or so yesterday on a couple of refreshes.

Not going hard into this, but a few refreshes to stay in a slightly higher tier is doable.

• Options
    edited November 2016

How many friend points did you take into the tourney?

Friend point rolls aren't worthless to me, since there's still a shard every 10 pulls or so which I actually need. So I only took about 6000 points in.
    I don't remember the total, but it was somewhere around 48,000. I'd been saving since they made the announcement that Ally Points would be used. They handed out 10,000 in two different instances, and I almost always try to not use tickets unless I'm strapped for time. That'll give you 20 instead of 10 for each battle. After dozens and dozens of battles, that extra 10 really adds up. I still have about 24,000 points left to use by the end of the tournament.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Think I need to find a new guild. Guild leader hasn't run anything in a few weeks now and I'm really wanting to try and start leveling up gear a bit more as I just hit 54. As it is I saw a system message saying we were getting 150,000 raid tickets but we've already been maxed at 150,000 for at least 2 weeks now. :\

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    They made the daily Ally Points 5k permanently from what I can tell. I'm up to 84k right now, and that's after going for broke during the last tournament.

• Options
    Think I need to find a new guild. Guild leader hasn't run anything in a few weeks now and I'm really wanting to try and start leveling up gear a bit more as I just hit 54. As it is I saw a system message saying we were getting 150,000 raid tickets but we've already been maxed at 150,000 for at least 2 weeks now. :\
    That's really rough. Check the game's forums for a new guild. You should be running at least 2 a week.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    They made the daily Ally Points 5k permanently from what I can tell. I'm up to 84k right now, and that's after going for broke during the last tournament.

Yeah. It makes some of the achievement rewards (50 ally points, woo!) pretty pointless.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Yeah. It makes some of the achievement rewards (50 ally points, woo!) pretty pointless.
    And now that you can use the Ally Points for the tournament, it makes those gear sharing rewards finally worth something. Before, it was like "Hey, awesome. Thanks for the 15k Ally Points, because now I get to spend the next 10 minutes buying Bronze crates that give me nothing. What a shitty reward!" Now it'll be worth it, although it makes me kind of sad that I'm on the last tier of that achievement and therefore will miss out on how great those 10k-20k rewards really could mean now.

Le_Goat on