As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Iain Sterling/Stronger Together for winning decks.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Worlds Predictions!

Please note these are almost always wrong as people reveal secret tech

Runner - I expect Whizzard to be the most dominant runner with other Anarch IDs such as Val and MaxX also doing well. I think there will be some successful Andy in the cut but not as many as people think. If Shaper makes top 16 it will be Dyper I think.

Corp - CTM will dominate, though other yellow IDs such as SYNC and Sol, maybe NEH will also be strong. No Weyland in the cut. Maybe some HB glacier or FA. I think the number of Jinteki in the cut will be limited as well.

People agree, disagree?

I think there will be an even mix of corp 'factions' in the cut: you'll have CtM, SYNC, NEH, and even some Sol. ;)

I do think a non-dyper shaper has the potential for a really good player to guess the meta right with their tech and make the cut.

Dis' on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    what is a dyper

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Fry wrote: »
    what is a dyper

Have you ever been keyhole-d 13 times in one turn?

example

Dis' on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah I can see Dyper getting into top 16

I wouldn't be surprised by some sort of mopus kate getting in there too but I dunno what sort of deck it'd be exactly

Anarch will connue to reign supreme for sure

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    That's fair, I'd forgotten about Nexus Kate, that could be solid.

• Options
    Dis' wrote: »
    what is a dyper

example

OK, this paragraph from the description of that decklist is what I needed, I think:

This deck was called by some "Dyper kate", but can we just take a moment now to acknowledge how dumb this name sounds? I propose that from now on we call this "Combo kate" (or alternatively "keyhole combo kate"). Nobody wants to be thinking of baby excrement when they play their deck.

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Maybe some HB glacier or FA. I think the number of Jinteki in the cut will be limited as well.

People agree, disagree?

I definitely think there will be a couple of Foodcoats/hybrid ETF decks in the top 16, despite Rumour Mill. I'm expecting there to be more Temujin Whizz than Dumble, so being able to gear check Whizz four times could work really well.

It'll still be NBN everywhere else, though.

Disclaimer: I am notoriously horrible at meta predictions.

Epimer on
  • Options
    Oh yeah, plus whatever Timmy Wong brings. So, Khan and Nisei Division or something.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    I have been working hard at making Foodcoats work and it's not pretty right now. I switched over to Russian NEH for my Spike needs and I'm much happier with it.

• Options
    Oh and Argus/Blue Sun aren't that bad right now. PriSec is good, Boom is good, you can fit HHN.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Worlds Predictions!

Please note these are almost always wrong as people reveal secret tech

Runner - I expect Whizzard to be the most dominant runner with other Anarch IDs such as Val and MaxX also doing well. I think there will be some successful Andy in the cut but not as many as people think. If Shaper makes top 16 it will be Dyper I think.

Corp - CTM will dominate, though other yellow IDs such as SYNC and Sol, maybe NEH will also be strong. No Weyland in the cut. Maybe some HB glacier or FA. I think the number of Jinteki in the cut will be limited as well.

People agree, disagree?

Is DNA Tracker enough to get Palana/RP glacier back? I feel there's still a lot of people out there on Yog + Sucker + Ice Carver (+ Parasite), but it's a solid piece of ice, Lotus Field forces most Temujin Whiz to find their 1-of NRE, and Niseis are still good. I suppose Rumor Mill puts a cramp in their remote game, though.

Definitely feel Whizz is going to be the most popular runner by far, probably around 35-40% of all runners in my estimate. Assets are too good and more expensive than last year.

You might see a Hot Tubs Gagarin deck in T16, but I think again the Whiz/Employee Strike/Salsette Slums combo has been doing serious work against that style of deck, especially with the money influx from Temujin.

Curious to see if Clot-lock Shaper can come back. They have the hardest time with asset-spam though, and don't like tags much either.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    one of our strong local players who basically forced hot tubs and IG prison into our meta says that it's basically dead against enough decks thanks to anarch tech that it isn't worth playing, especially since the latter of those has a real tough time after the cut

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    [You might see a Hot Tubs Gagarin deck in T16, but I think again the Whiz/Employee Strike/Salsette Slums combo has been doing serious work against that style of deck, especially with the money influx from Temujin.

particularly given the meta where that is mostly just coincidental hate, where it's going to be popular as anti-CTM tech.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Sometimes I'm glad that the next event I'll have the ability to go to won't be until probably after Quorum's out. The quasi-close ones are doing them way too soon to actually get the day off, or are doing them over Thanksgiving weekend and eff that there's no way I can get that day off.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Also, just read through the Worlds info packet that FFG put out - Day 1 cut is top 96. Slightly less than half, I guess, given ~200 entries. Then three rounds the next day, followed by cut to T16.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Interesting, the Friday non-top 16 event is "Gunslinging with FFG Staff."

Players are Running against FFG staff. Probably weird rules in effect, is my guess. Only running, not Corping!

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    I think it makes sense for FFG staff to corp-only in a gunslinging event. It's way more tense/exciting when you're running into towers of ice that could be anything, including cards that haven't been released (and might not ever be released, they don't necessarily have to be fair cards that would actually see print). If the staffer flops some new icebreaker on the table, or even if they play Uber Account Siphon that drains 10 instead of 5, eh, who cares?

• Options
    Dis' wrote: »
    what is a dyper

example

OK, this paragraph from the description of that decklist is what I needed, I think:

This deck was called by some "Dyper kate", but can we just take a moment now to acknowledge how dumb this name sounds? I propose that from now on we call this "Combo kate" (or alternatively "keyhole combo kate"). Nobody wants to be thinking of baby excrement when they play their deck.

see when someone says "Dyper" I just think of a silly name, because here in Australia we call them nappies.

Might be a different word for them in the country of whoever first came up with that name, too!

• Options
    giving decks names that have nothing at all to do with their actual content has a long and storied history in cardgames

netrunner's actually better than a lot of others in that regard, there are a lot of truly inscrutable deck names in MTG

• Options
    Pretty sure "dyper" comes from DDOS Hyperdriver

• Options
    edited October 2016
    That feeling when your auction for a alt Hedge Fund is almost over, and you're winning it pretty cheap..

...and then some asshole outbids you by 50 cents, and so you get into a bidding war back and forth over a few minutes that drives the price up by almost 4x.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Good article. I like where he called you Jordan. Not a bad analogy at all. Will be interested to see if his winning corp prediction pans out. I guess he assumes you'll be playing Whizzard and EtF? :P

• Options

Surely this is great - if you win you win, if you lose it was so that spags was wrong :).

Its simple maths as well - Timmy Wong went from 3rd to 2nd, but you went from 8th to 3rd. If these trends continue Timmy may take 1st but you'll be on 1st+2!

• Options
    Sounds like Ebay.

I thought it was quite appropriate, seeing as what's depicted on the card.

Also kind of neat, been going through and collecting all the Weyland alt-arts I didn't have already, so I got a playset of Ice Walls for like $2.

The seller included a freebie in there as well.

nL61Xka.jpg?1

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I really love the swordsman promo and I'm glad it's been good enough to actually play for awhile now

• Options
    I won a tournament* with Weyland this weekend!

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/38616/boom-sun-100-undefeated-tournament-winning-weyland-list-

there were six people there

• Options
    Epimer wrote: »
    I won a tournament* with Weyland this weekend!

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/38616/boom-sun-100-undefeated-tournament-winning-weyland-list-

there were six people there

I've been testing a similar list, though I'm running Lotus Fields instead of DNA Trackers so I can fit in a few other influence cards. I think it has a pretty good Whizzard and Valencia matchup, which is important! Employee Strike is less annoying when you can Consulting Visit for a Scarcity to turn it off.

• Options

I've been testing a similar list, though I'm running Lotus Fields instead of DNA Trackers so I can fit in a few other influence cards. I think it has a pretty good Whizzard and Valencia matchup, which is important! Employee Strike is less annoying when you can Consulting Visit for a Scarcity to turn it off.

I can see that, but my issue is that if you do that you've still lost the bounce opportunity for the turn, and the Runner has more ways to recur currents than you do, so if they really want to keep you off that sweet, sweet Oversight AI Orion cash, they probably can.

What really surprised me was how good at rushing it is. And that of course complements your kill plan by forcing the Runner's hand.

• Options
    Intervention spoilers!

• Options
    RE: spoilers:
    I know what Frantic Coding is probably supposed to do, but "them" is indefinite. Somebody is going to check whether any programs were trashed, and then install a piece of hardware.

Definitely did a doubletake at Top Hat, but apparently you don't get to look at the cards before access, which makes it a lot less insane.

En Passant seems cool, just wish it had a more direct synergy with Pawn.

Data Ward seems super baller. Place behind Data Raven, profit.

Someone, somewhere, is going to die to Chief Slee + Helium-3 Deposit and will want to /wrist

• Options
    RE: spoilers:
    I know what Frantic Coding is probably supposed to do, but "them" is indefinite. Somebody is going to check whether any programs were trashed, and then install a piece of hardware.

Definitely did a doubletake at Top Hat, but apparently you don't get to look at the cards before access, which makes it a lot less insane.

En Passant seems cool, just wish it had a more direct synergy with Pawn.

Data Ward seems super baller. Place behind Data Raven, profit.

Someone, somewhere, is going to die to Chief Slee + Helium-3 Deposit and will want to /wrist
    En Passant is crazy in DDOS/Blackmail Val/Apoc Val.

Top hat lets you repeatedly hammer R&D (this time I'll see the second card, this time I'll see the third card) without multiaccess... it is 0 cost but I think I would rather just have an R&D interface.

Anti-Nisei tech lol.

Wait, another Nisei asset that deals meat damage? yes....

They keep printing these giant code gates like it's going to make Leviathan good, but really Leviathan is still not going to be good.

• Options
    Also, those Weyland cards are bad. Why do they have this fetish for printing bad Weyland cards?

• Options
    Epimer wrote: »
    Intervention spoilers!
    en passant seems pretty ridic

seems like it might actually work in a reina caissa deck? rook the server, run it, trash what they can't rez right now

oh my god, data ward

I do not understand why they keep giving the best barriers to NBN

• Options
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    Also, those Weyland cards are bad. Why do they have this fetish for printing bad Weyland cards?

I disagree.
    They aren't universally good, but they have a place (coincidentally, in the last Weyland deck I was playing). The main trick is that they should have existed a year ago instead of now. It's a joke to print all this absurdly high meat damage after giving runners way more ways to dodge tags and prevent damage. Gotta love meta-call arms races? (No, you do not)

Also, nobody is going to comment on how bad Gauntlet is, and how it directly counter's Khan's entire idea? Guys, gauntlet is really bad and has anti-synergy with Khan.
    En Passant is a card I don't understand the rationale behind printing. You already had ICE destruction. I guess this one is more of a grab-bag because you don't necessarily know what you're trashing? But as already stated, Anarchs don't have a hell of a lot of trouble making you unable to rez ICE, so it's not like this card takes effort to land ...
    But hey, Saker is actually kinda playable? I think it's Criminal's best fracter to date. :P

• Options
    Hah, I assumed that was a code gate without even looking at the type.
    I don't think it's that great though, if the runner isn't tagged it reads "pay 3 to break". So it's basically an 8-cost positional that has to go behind Data Raven or Gutenberg, in NBN.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm no Netrunner expert so take these thoughts with a grain of salt.

Frantic Coding seems awful. Draw 10, install 1 program at 5 cost less, then discard 9 cards? How niche is the scenario where 1 program will win you the game? You certainly wouldn't put more than 1 copy in a deck, so what if you draw it early?

Saker and Gauntlet doesn't seem that good either. Saker's ability and cost aren't that great. I'm assuming it's supposed to be a "standard" in-faction Barrier breaker? Gauntlet would be great in a non-criminal build where you actually break subs instead of sneaking around them. Unless that's the point of these two cards in making a breaker Criminal?

Data Ward seems like a cheaper Toll Gate. If I encounter it and pay 3 credits to avoid the tag, does that mean I just merrily skip by the subs?

Bulwark is overpriced for what it does. Against a no AI player it seems extra useless.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'm no Netrunner expert so take these thoughts with a grain of salt.

Frantic Coding seems awful. Draw 10, install 1 program at 5 cost less, then discard 9 cards? How niche is the scenario where 1 program will win you the game? You certainly wouldn't put more than 1 copy in a deck, so what if you draw it early?

Saker and Gauntlet doesn't seem that good either. Saker's ability and cost aren't that great. I'm assuming it's supposed to be a "standard" in-faction Barrier breaker? Gauntlet would be great in a non-criminal build where you actually break subs instead of sneaking around them. Unless that's the point of these two cards in making a breaker Criminal?

Data Ward seems like a cheaper Toll Gate. If I encounter it and pay 3 credits to avoid the tag, does that mean I just merrily skip by the subs?

Bulwark is overpriced for what it does. Against a no AI player it seems extra useless.
    Frantic Coding is designed for decks that are quite happy to have cards in their discard, the "discard 9" is almost an upside.