As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ultimate [chat]bee

19495969798100»

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Going to the Rubberbandits tonight

So stoked

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    top story on slashdot: NEW MACBOOK PRO REQUIRES $25 DONGLE TO CHARGE YOUR IPHONE!!!!

Oh fuck off, it has USB type C ports. You'll have to buy new cables for whatever devices, but this change has been a long time coming and the entire industry is gonna follow suit. If you wanna talk moronic, how about apple putting lightning instead of USB C on the iPhone 7.

How much is Apple charging for a c->lightning cable tho

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Chanus wrote: »
    cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.r1kpd.jpg

How very Matrix

Neco on
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Ocean too close?

I don't like

being in the ocean too much or having to look at it or the noise it makes

like I can get used to it with a bit but it's not something I enjoy

being in the ocean over here is kind of okay because it's ugly and fairly uninviting and nobody tries to get you to actually swim out in it too far and there aren't too many people there and I DO like being on boats and there are whales sometimes and it's a reasonable few-hours drive from me

this sounds much more like a Credeiki post than a BC post

fyi my parents are both from L.A. and I fucking love the beach+ocean

but yes, the tone is correct

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    it occurs to me that i haven't checked /. in a while now

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    top story on slashdot: NEW MACBOOK PRO REQUIRES $25 DONGLE TO CHARGE YOUR IPHONE!!!!

Oh fuck off, it has USB type C ports. You'll have to buy new cables for whatever devices, but this change has been a long time coming and the entire industry is gonna follow suit. If you wanna talk moronic, how about apple putting lightning instead of USB C on the iPhone 7.

How much is Apple charging for a c->lightning cable tho

Apple is charging $25 cause that's how they do. There are much cheaper options on Amazon though. I saw $12 and less.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    If I can't consider my gf's income there's absolutely no way I'll ever get a house. Because teachers don't need a place to live, jeez.

Even with it we're still sub 75k which ain't great.

Sub 75k total income?

or that's the max you could pay for a place?

Cause I bought a house only considering my 60k a year salary.

It's 30 years old and 40 min from my work though, I will say that.

Total income. We're gonna go talk to people but given the CO housing market in my area seems hella expensive, might be a problem.

I grew up with my dad driving an hour to work every day though so I'm up for a good drive.

Ah gotcha. CO probably a bit different from here, I'd guess.

CO is in a mini-boom, and prices are going up. Probably more affordable than some of the expensive places, but definitely going up.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Little old lady just now after I told her I study animation:

"OOOOHH yes I just LOVE South Park, oh, my stars!"

I mean that is animation.

I can't think of a worse example though. Yikes.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    don't all the c00l_60x7_n0sc0pe_kiDz read hackernews instead

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

So stoked

Gonna ride there on a horse?

• Options
    I like to shift girls
    On the mouth

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    it occurs to me that i haven't checked /. in a while now

it's real trashy. the reader base has gotten worse and worse while the editing staff is descending into clickbait and shit.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Boom chat

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

So stoked

Gonna ride there on a horse?

Stopping off for a quick bag of glue first

• Options
    Ok redeemed another one of these amtrak gift cards that require me to make a call to Amtrack vacations and reserve my ticket by talking to a real human being...

Gift cards are really annoying to me unless they are Amazon gift cards and as such instantly redeemable, valid indefinitely, and applicable to shit I want. I end up not using them because of the hassle and wasting money/creating corporate profit.

• Options
    It has taken 20 million data points from public platforms such as Google, Facebook and Twitter and analysed the information to create predictions

ah now it makes sense

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Ok redeemed another one of these amtrak gift cards that require me to make a call to Amtrack vacations and reserve my ticket by talking to a real human being...

Gift cards are really annoying to me unless they are Amazon gift cards and as such instantly redeemable, valid indefinitely, and applicable to shit I want. I end up not using them because of the hassle and wasting money/creating corporate profit.
    It's LIKE money, but with none of the convenience and ubiquity! :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    A bag for me
    A bag for you
    Let's get wrecked on bags of glue!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    *calls double suicide watch on the election thread*

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I just saw Dr Strange, good movie!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    It has taken 20 million data points from public platforms such as Google, Facebook and Twitter and analysed the information to create predictions

ah now it makes sense

I doubt the algorithm takes Russian troll accounts into consideration

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Umm, the north atlantic is great for swimming?

*slaps blubber and whistles to passing dolphins*

More dolphins, can you believe it? Rapists, all of them. We ought to hang a net.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Yeah, the reasons, by and large, that cities have become so affordable is that the American ideal of life has shifted from a large home in suburbia/rural satellite of the city to the city itself. I suspect this is strongly correlated with white people's stranglehold on American culture until the last 50 years or so, the fact that cities have been hubs of immigration (hence why people wanted to escape), and the how demographics have shifted.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    They should have just listened to max

You know...... Hope is a mistake.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    *calls double suicide watch on the election thread*
    pretty much

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I have a coworker who goes on and on about how MacBooks don't have Ethernet ports

And I am like jeez who actually ever plugs their laptop into an Ethernet port

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    like uuuggghhh i could totally live in this hooooussseee

http://www.1812north29thstreet.com/

but i would die in my yaaarrrddd

@Chanus real talk I used to live in one of the ghettoest-ass Organichu-tier ghettos in KC, but there were these pockets of redevelopment where people were fixing up the old houses, and it was really weird to see because there'd be this block that looked like the future war scenes from Terminator 2 right next to a block with Lexuses.

And interestingly, those streets were actually pretty safe, from what I could tell from my vantage point in the bottom of a horrible roach motel. I mean maybe they got burgled more often but I never read about much actual violence

• Options
    Bah I suppose I must return to the room without internet to go work. Do not give me the op of the next chat.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 3.6

@override367 will create the new thread
    @Preacher is backup

This discussion has been closed.