As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pictures of Convention Center Entrance?

nbs2nbs2 Registered User regular
Hi all!

It's a bit of a strange request, but I'm looking for a picture of any entrance to the convention center or other shot where the 30.06 (concealed carry) signs are visible. It doesn't need to be the focus, and you can crop out anything embarrassing.

• Options
    MrBroadstoneMrBroadstone Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    MrBroadstone was warned for this.
    So you can try to figure out how to bypass PAX's no weapons rules with lawsuits? I hope no one helps you.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    is that like a thing for this guy? I can't find anything in his history

• Options
    LynbmwLynbmw Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    It's a smart question. I'd want to be protected too. The security merely glances at bags and passes you through so if someone wants to do something, it will be easy. There's hardly any police around should there be a problem and we all know everyone runs towards police for protection because they have a weapon. Who doesn't see their life as worth protecting?

I'd call them and ask. Years ago forums stated that though it's considered government property and said no to anything, they couldn't legally enforce the no concealed registered weapons sign. It might though have more to do with each building having a right to post the signs they want and ask customers to leave. If you find out, please let me know.

Lynbmw on
  • Options
    PuritysanPuritysan thePuritysan San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    I know the mall has the 30.06 postings. I can only assume the convention center has it too.
    But I can't recall seeing it.

m2bd3Je.png
  • Options
    japesterjapester Registered User regular
    Lynbmw wrote: »
    It's a smart question. I'd want to be protected too. The security merely glances at bags and passes you through so if someone wants to do something, it will be easy. There's hardly any police around should there be a problem and we all know everyone runs towards police for protection because they have a weapon. Who doesn't see their life as worth protecting?

Strong, strong disagreement, and this is coming from a Texas gun owner. First off, I just attended Alamo City Comic Con, and police presence was fantastic. Officers were everywhere. Several out front, more in the main lobby, a bunch patrolling the con floor, and more roaming. I know each even contracts it's own security, but if PAX hires this many officers, there will be plenty. (I never saw them have to arrest or detain anyone, and there were probably 80k people at the event.)

Second, an average wanna-be gunslinger and a trained officer are worlds apart. I see people open carrying constantly who have zero situational awareness and could easily be disarmed. Now the unarmed "bad guy" has a gun. Joy. Officers are trained to guard their sidearms. They are also trained how to use them in public situations. The last thing I want is a disagreement or misunderstanding to lead to a few armed idiots firing into a crowd while "protecting themselves". Terrible things sometimes happen during lawful arrests, but despite being all we hear about on the news, there are millions of successful interactions between police and the public each year that the media never talks about. I am not an officer, but I have friends and family who serve in local and federal law enforcement across the US. Just owning a gun and carrying it around doesn't make you as capable as someone with a lot more training and experience.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I believe we are well off topic of the purpose of this thread, which was to ask for photos of a particular sign.

Geth, close this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.