As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halloween thread of spookiness 2016

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
Have Halloween plans? Share them.

I myself am staying up watching the Halloween movies on TV and handing out candy for trick or treaters. Perhaps a visit from my sister and nephew.

What are you doing Halloween 2016?

oHw5R0V.jpg

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Watching lame ghost shows and trying not to eat the candy for the no trick or treaters we'll get.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    We had a "Halloween party" on Saturday, but only two of the four people we invited showed up. We played Cards Against Humanity. I dressed up as a Facebook wall full of awful old people memes and bogus chain statuses. My wife dressed as Ruth Bader Ginsburg, one friend dressed up as Luigi, and another as the Ermagerd Girl.

We don't ever see kids trick or treating in our neighborhood, but we live in an apartment. We still buy candy just in case though.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    We had a "Halloween party" on Saturday, but only two of the four people we invited showed up. We played Cards Against Humanity. I dressed up as a Facebook wall full of awful old people memes and bogus chain statuses. My wife dressed as Ruth Bader Ginsburg, one friend dressed up as Luigi, and another as the Ermagerd Girl.

We don't ever see kids trick or treating in our neighborhood, but we live in an apartment. We still buy candy just in case though.

Glad its not just me who buys just in case candy. One day I hope to gift some small try hard child with like all the candies.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Handing out candy, going to dress up again as Squirrel Girl like I did Saturday night (maybe without the wig tho)

14581417_897858422677_1946227464213581409_n.jpg?oh=b62eb9fece7816bf4a8e9d1b062d09e4&oe=588FA374

Plz more costume pictures!!

We usually don't get that many trick or treaters beyond neighborhood kids.

SteeveL - we also had an underattended party where we just played CAH until we ran out of white cards, heh.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Last night I ran a game of Dread for my friends.

Dread is a horror roleplaying game that uses a Jenga tower instead of dice.

You have to pull from the tower in order to succeed at tasks and if the tower falls your character dies.

• Options
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B49chr7ObjVDMGJlLWlCZUh2SDA

Only person in my family wearing a costume is Ollie. Sadly his costume was already falling apart when we dropped him off at daycare.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I had my Halloween on Saturday along with most of the city it seems. Went to a friends house for a party then went to a few bars. I am now the Red Friar.

cXgJh8ul.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    My nerdiness + my wife's creativity:
    tz5r9YM.jpg

The oldest really should have been R2 for the sizes to work out, but she really really wanted to be BB8

ObiFett on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    this halloween i am going to be as spooky as possible by reading about extreme value analysis, the scariest of all disciplines

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Trick or treating numbers have precipitously declined. Everyone just goes to either the mall or to another similar place to get their candy.

On the one hand, my nostalgia laments the death of a grand tradition.

On the other hand, my parents haven't really accepted this, yet, and buy far too much candy - which I then get to eat.

I'll call it a win.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    The Ender wrote: »
    Trick or treating numbers have precipitously declined. Everyone just goes to either the mall or to another similar place to get their candy.

On the one hand, my nostalgia laments the death of a grand tradition.

On the other hand, my parents haven't really accepted this, yet, and buy far too much candy - which I then get to eat.

I'll call it a win.

Your doctors will later call this a cause...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I am going out trick or treating with my roommate and her son. Should be a fun time. There was a last minute costume change because the battery pack that lit up the kid's ninja suit was electrocuting him! Oops!

I spent the Halloween weekend playing Cthulhu-themed games like Elder Sign and an Arkham version of Consulting Detective. Oh, and everyone should play Trivia Murder Party, one of the games in Jackbox Party Pack 3 that just came out. It's like Saw meets You Don't Know Jack. (A sentence I thought I'd never write...)

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Walking around with 6 children 5 and under, probably in the rain.
    Shall survive on surrogate joy and a nice warm coffee*

*actually nice cold beer in a travel mug.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    All the churches are stealing my kids. Doing this dumb thing called trunk or treat where they go car to car in the parking lot.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    All the churches are stealing my kids. Doing this dumb thing called trunk or treat where they go car to car in the parking lot.

Man that sounds like it would be ripe for a serial killer.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Man that sounds like it would be ripe for a serial killer.
    Yeah I know and that's just from being at a church! Think of the weirdos in the parking lot!

• Options
    There was a horrifying story out of texas that a guy dressed like Freddy Krueger shot up a halloween party, so hooray for america.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The idea behind trunk or treat is so kids aren't having to walk around dark neighborhoods getting abducted though. Dunno how that would be ripe for a serial killer exactly. My GF decked out her car as Care-a-lot from the Carebears and gave out candy at one on Saturday.

I plan to hang out and play 7 Days to Die with her or maybe rent Trick R Treat.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I'm doing NOTHING becayse I have no where to go and no one to go with.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    All the churches are stealing my kids.

I knew it!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Trunk or Treat is the harbinger of our society's collapse.

I'm being completely serious here.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    This isn't a Halloween song, but despite it's positive beginnings I now consider it p spoopy.

Zodiac may have helped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHV8Wzldlck

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    3 hours then I'll smack anyone who says spoopy ever again

• Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Sexy generic Star Trek female
    k4ttoxfylxzf.jpg

Someone at work also suggested I could be Q fucking with Picard.

Edit: Oh and I can't forget the house decorations. This is Bananas Foster Monster, she is a cousin of Cookie Monster

14504829_726247240846662_2058342069922955264_n.jpg

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Did most of my celebrating last weekend; a bunch of friends got to together to drink beer, eat pizza, and watch the Alien franchise. Side note: let nobody tell you Alien 3 is good, even with the director's cut. That movie is a slog.

For tonight, I just handed out candy. But I got bored during the week, and also decided to build a spider:

4jpuslb1yld6.gif

rdxp3u9oqewx.gif

He spooked a few kids as they came to get candy, so I consider that a success.

• Options
    Wow! What did you make it out of

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

I had exactly 0 kids come to my apartment tonight. Sounds like it'd be kind of nice, if you were someone who attended a church but didn't live in the typical suburban home.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Trunk or Treat sounds like a terrible crime that the media has turned into a soundbite.

Also, 'Fun Size' is the greatest lie of our time.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    So It Goes wrote: »

The hopes and dreams of small children.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I can't decide what halloween related movie I want to watch tonight and time is running out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can't decide what halloween related movie I want to watch tonight and time is running out.

Slither. It even has blatant gluttony in it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Hocus Pocus

• Options

Ghostbusters.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular

Duct tape, coat hangers, and assorted stuffing materials, mostly. The eyes were the hardest part, couldn't figure out how to attach them.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Trunk or Treat sounds like a terrible crime that the media has turned into a soundbite.

Also, 'Fun Size' is the greatest lie of our time.

Why does Trunk or Treat upset people so? In many areas going from house to house is nigh impossible and dangerous and dark. The houses are far apart and have no street lights. Being able to "trick or treat" in a central location that is well lit and has lots of people around seems like a good safe alternative.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Oh no, I didn't mean for that to sound like I objected to it - just that the term has an unpleasant tone to it. I think I would have picked a different phrase for the trend. :P

And yeah, I roll my eyes pretty hard at anyone genuinely lamenting that the good 'ol days of trick or treating are being phased out in favor of mall & parking lot gatherings. It's easier for parents, kids get to have their pictures taken with grown-ups cosplaying as Iron Man / Deadpool, the candy offerings are better, etc.

Tradition never fades quietly, though.

EDIT: Fun Size is still the greatest lie, though.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Ghostbusters.

Hocus Pocus

Already did those. Halloween, Friday the 13th. Elm Street. The staples have all been taken care of.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Ghostbusters.

Hocus Pocus

Already did those. Halloween, Friday the 13th. Elm Street. The staples have all been taken care of.

HM.

Are you drinking tonight?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    What happened to that creepy story thread from a long time ago? We need a new one.

• Options

Ghostbusters.

Hocus Pocus

Scream