As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] Macabre

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    YO @Casual Eddy @OnTheLastCastle tell me your zee-stories

I had a captain make a really nice long run and then I fucking died to 100 terror like a doof and I nearly rage-uninstalled the game but now I am back on the horse.

If you "download new stories" I notice that they've added stuff to do with the Labyrinth of Tigers from Fallen London. I'm excited to see what's there!

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is Sunless Sea nice if I forgot most of what I saw in Fallen London?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Honk wrote: »
    Is Sunless Sea nice if I forgot most of what I saw in Fallen London?

Sunless Sea's lore is about, I dunno, 20% Fallen London and the rest is basically new to the game. The Echo Bazaar and the Masters and the Shuttered Palace and all that don't really figure into it at all; the game mostly deals with (nderstandably) the mysteries and politics of the settlements you come across, and the competition between the great naval powers. London is basically just your home base that you return to for resupply and to bone your ladyfriend/boyfriend/squidfriend.

• Options
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That sounds good, I've been meaning to check it out for some time.

Squidfriend you say...

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

Squidfriend you say...

I do say

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    man

this is a good year for TV

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »
    Sports columnist Bill Simmons coined the term "Tyson Zone," in which nothing you hear about a particular celebrity can possibly surprise you.

This is a fabulously useful term right now.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Trying to understand this FBI emails thing with Hillary and shit and I fell into a hole of Political Twitter and my god Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas A) has a MASSIVE hate on for Obamacare that he constantly tweets about it and B) He has been re-tweeting like the same 5 things multiple times a day.

• Options
    I assume everyone in Arkansas looks like the guy behind the wheel of the Arkansas Chuggabug.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    There's a power outage in work so we're literally sitting around doing nothing. Oh well.

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Squidfriend you say...

I do say

046657ede3154549514cc754684cdd013f51e7c5ffee9a90fc5cab6ef1d1b1ab.jpg

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I tried Sunless Sea.

I really like the writing and atmosphere! But jesus christ is that game boring...

• Options
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Apparently the "jew-s-a" Trump dude isn't racist, he's just mimicking his friends mexican-american accent.

Are... you... fucking... kidding... me....

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/trump-supporter-denies-yelling-anti-semitic-chant-at-rally-797957699810?cid=sm_fb

• Options
    I tried Sunless Sea.

I really like the writing and atmosphere! But jesus christ is that game boring...

The writing and the atmosphere is the game, pretty much. You play to uncover more of each storyline and soak up the atmosphere, figuring out trade routes to help build your ship up and collect items that will allow you to pass something on to your heirs when you inevitably die.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    I tried Sunless Sea.

The writing and the atmosphere is the game, pretty much. You play to uncover more of each storyline and soak up the atmosphere, figuring out trade routes to help build your ship up and collect items that will allow you to pass something on to your heirs when you inevitably die.

I mean, I get it... I just think I'm far too "results oriented" for it to be a game I enjoy.

If you're into stellar writing and atmosphere and don't mind a slower-paced game, then I'd absolutely recommend it.

• Options
    Apparently it'll be 45 more mins until power is back

*twiddles thumbs*

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Apparently it'll be 45 more mins until power is back

*twiddles thumbs*

Time enough for some looting.

• Options
    Man my iPhone's battery is a piece of shit

I hope it makes it through the outage

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I am boycotting dr strange because it didn't open in America first

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    morning

KhIiy12.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

the plus model lasts longer than the non plus model..

but I would suggest going into settings > battery, and see what apps you are using that pull background activity and % of juice. Often times it is a thirsty 3rd party app that is to blame for the phone draining fast.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    My tax dollars didn't go to marvel pictures so that fucking Reginald in Widdershins U.K. Could see it first. YOU DIDNT BUILD THAT, REG

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »

the plus model lasts longer than the non plus model..

but I would suggest going into settings > battery, and see what apps you are using that pull background activity and % of juice. Often times it is a thirsty 3rd party app that is to blame for the phone draining fast.

It's just fb, twitter and whatsapp

Which are the apps I'm actually using

• Options
    I just realized kiddoroar knows superhero poses without being told to make them, he makes me so proud *tear*

14925408_10207838235577696_7766007285386363924_n.jpg?oh=27be6a615ebc02bf53435e74f805abbb&oe=588CBCD2

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i'm scared

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    My tax dollars didn't go to marvel pictures so that fucking Reginald in Widdershins U.K. Could see it first. YOU DIDNT BUILD THAT, REG

Actually, Reg did built that.

200_s.gif

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i'm scared

Of alpacas? Me too.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I'm not seeing Dr Strange right now

and loving it

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    i'm scared

Of alpacas? Me too.

Same, except not.

• Options

Don't worry

I, someone who doesn't care for Marvel, saw it before you.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    i'm scared

Of alpacas? Me too.
    no but also yes

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Don't worry

gasp

• Options
    Welp. My washing machine won't agitate anymore. 11 years old. Won't spin either if I move it to rinse.

I'm guessing this is a "costs as much to fix as to replace" issue. This is like a $400 model from 2005.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

Don't worry

Tav that is top tier trolling.

• Options
    Oh, looks like we're not gonna be back until 2

Wonder if we'll just get sent home

This discussion has been closed.