As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] Macabre

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I really overdid it yesterday with the lawn. Edging shouldn't be a big deal. It is when you have owned your house for 10 years and thought that mowing your lawn and weed eating was enough. My lawn had overtaken the sidewalk and driveway by 3-4".

I have STRIPS of centipede grass sod now. Like that kind of sod is expensive. I could prolly sell it for $100

I figured your edge game would be more on point...

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    $212 a month seems pretty expensive for health insurance from my employer, that's HMO only no out of network coverage

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    $212 a month seems pretty expensive for health insurance from my employer, that's HMO only no out of network coverage

your employer is probably eating at least that much as well.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    So Spotify does this cool thing where it recommends music to you every week. I'm listening today and a song comes on that really reminds me of mid to late 90's rock and I suddenly get scared: are we moving into the time where 90's revival music is going to start being created and popular? Like a neo-Killers is going to come around and make music that reminds us of Toad the Wet Sprocket and The Verve Pipe?

Then I checked and the song is from 1997 so I'm just being paranoid and that will never happen.

Good morning

can you feel the struggle within?
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I'm so annoyed that you can't have an avatar that is both Animated next to your post AND not badly blown up in your profile page.

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    It's possible that I am not as sick today as I was yesterday, but it's hard to tell without trying to get out of bed.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Aaand there goes my pc

It's possible that I am not as sick today as I was yesterday, but it's hard to tell without trying to get out of bed.

Too risky

edited November 2016
    Also I posted pictures from Halloween

NSFW because of how damn sexy I am
    fiFVzhB.png

Six on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Aaand there goes my pc

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you had backups and stuff.
    Get a Mac they are awesome

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Also I posted pictures from Halloween

NSFW because of how damn sexy I am
    fiFVzhB.png

Wow, you're a pretty good Han Solo.

(And the Leia isn't bad either)

Aaand there goes my pc

what part of it broke?

Hopefully it's not the Hard Drive.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    eww october is over

yay October is over

Also, folks, Microsoft and Apple have made it ridiculously easy to have OS level cloud storage for all your documents, pictures, etc.

Google, Dropbox, Amazon and others have also made it pretty damn easy to keep stuf backed up and synced across all your stuff.

Nobody should be unprotected re: backups of unique content any more - its become too easy and seamless.

Honestly the only part of my life that isn't backed up are my blu ray rips, because that's multiple TB of stuff, and I have the discs still if I ever needed to do it again for whatever reason.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Aaand there goes my pc

what part of it broke?

I replaced the hard drive last year. Probably the everything else.

Aaand there goes my pc

what part of it broke?

I replaced the hard drive last year. Probably the everything else.

Whew.

The Hard Drive can be salvaged, at least.

i, like most people, am really bad at backing up stuff.

Losing my HDD would be the worst thing.

*buzz whirrr*

that's probably the fan.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i don't have anything that i backup. p sure there's no content on my computer i'd terribly mind losing (excepting like, a couple hundred kilobytes worth of text files with financial information that are in dropbox).

i mean, really, to be honest, the only stuff i'd terribly mind losing are my raw pixel art files.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    octover

aRkpc.gif
    I don't have a life so I dont bother backing anything up. The only valuable thing i could lose is pics, which I lost years ago due to not backing things up.

Anyway it might just have overheated, I rearranged yesterday and maybe it didnt have enough breathing room.

edited November 2016
    Looks like I'm definitely gonna go without healthcare in 2017, I don't make enough money to pay this a month, and I can't get ACA coverage anymore with a subsidy because my employer offers it

which is fine, I've had insurance for 2 years and not used it once because I haven't been able to afford the deductibles, if something goes seriously wrong I'll just go bankrupt, if I get sick I'll get antibiotics illegally as I usually do, same old

override367 on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Think i need to quit OW for a while

Septuary

Looks like I'm definitely gonna go without healthcare in 2017, I don't make enough money to pay this a month, and I can't get ACA coverage anymore with a subsidy because my employer offers it

Holy shit, how is this a thing that can happen...

:bro:

i really hope your troubles are gonna get better soon, dude.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i brought my work laptop home with the goal of starting some work early today so i'd be less stressed

but then i spent like 2 hours watching youtube this morning instead of doing work and getting out of bed

alas

this is not good

oh well

poo
    i pay for online backups just cuz why not piece of mind

poo
    edited November 2016
    If I get cancer or something I'll just go work for $8 an hour at a grocery store so the government will pay for it

override367 on
    i mean peace of mind also but mostly piece of mind

poo
    edited November 2016
    yeah I'm definitely going to have to either get a raise or find a better paying job next year, when the brutal student loan payments start coming due this is going to be impossible to deal with

A significant portion of my income is disposable but I'd like to get out of debt eventually and maybe some day not live with my nephew

override367 on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I like dropbox's interface better than google's.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    oh shit. It's Movember.
    The most ghastly time of the year.

sig.gif
    dropbox is pretty good

Onedrive is a bag of dicks though

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    Oh look official art of Sombra finally

ETdpSMW.jpg

@Desc

She's a walking neon aesthetic blog!

@orphane

And here I was thinking Sombra would be stealthy, maybe lady-reaper

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

which is fine, I've had insurance for 2 years and not used it once because I haven't been able to afford the deductibles, if something goes seriously wrong I'll just go bankrupt, if I get sick I'll get antibiotics illegally as I usually do, same old

What's the tax penalty for foregoing coverage?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    And here I was thinking Sombra would be stealthy, maybe lady-reaper

Sombra means Brightest, Most Radiant Purple Lights in Spanish.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I like dropbox's interface better than google's.

I haven't used Google's, but this surprises me.

Think i need to quit OW for a while

I was finding more frustrating than fun the last night or two so I may for a bit as well. Same thing with Rocket League.

It might be time to start ME2 in earnest.

This discussion has been closed.