As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Bourbon, One [chat], and One Beer

ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changedRegistered User regular
edited November 2006 in Debate and/or Discourse
She be a-hollerin about the front rent, she be lucky to get any back rent.

She ain't gonna get none of it.

So I go to the local bar, you know, people.

I go to the bar.

I ring my coat.

I call the bartender:

Said "Look man,

come down here,"

he got down there

So what you want?

10499.jpg

chotch.jpg

Guinness.JPG

PS Where do I have to go to get a freakin' hand pitcher of guinness? Ireland? I'll go to Ireland, thats cool.

And because some things shouldn't get left to die in the old thread
ElJeffe wrote:
My house was just broken into, and now I would like to kill someone. Preferably the burglar.

They took all my wife's cheap, worthless jewelry, and, more distressingly, my 360. I guess I should take 360 games off my Xmas list.

I hate people.

Hate hate hate.

ArbitraryDescriptor on

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    I GET KNOCKED DOWN

Dynagrip on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I dislike George Thoroughgood.

Senjutsu on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    John%20Lee%20Hooker.jpg

Boom boom boom boom.

moniker on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    meh

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Screw this. Ima go play Company of Heroes.

Hacksaw on
    edited November 2006
    So now I'm prayin' for the end of time
    To hurry up and arrive
    'Cause if I gotta spend another minute with you
    I don't think that I can really survive
    :whistle:

stilist on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:
    Incidentally, I've realised that the X360 I bought costs a little over half the price of the PS3.

How fucked up is that D:
    But Sony assures us that we're lucky they don't charge us twice as much, and use lube besides.

In other news, the PS3's backwards compatibility is a dog's breakfast.

So it's similar to the fiasco with the X360s backwards compatibility?

Just so this doesn't get lost in the move from the previous green pastures of chatland.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Aegeri wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:
    Incidentally, I've realised that the X360 I bought costs a little over half the price of the PS3.

How fucked up is that D:
    But Sony assures us that we're lucky they don't charge us twice as much, and use lube besides.

Just so this doesn't get lost in the move from the previous green pastures of chatland.

I responded :(

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:
    I dislike George Thoroughgood.
    That was a joke, right? Oh god I seriously hope that was a joke.

The Green Eyed Monster on
    edited November 2006
    stilist wrote:
    So now I'm prayin' for the end of time
    To hurry up and arrive
    'Cause if I gotta spend another minute with you
    I don't think that I can really survive

Get outta here, like a bat outta hell.

moniker on
  • YosemiteSamYosemiteSam Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    moniker wrote:
    John%20Lee%20Hooker.jpg

Boom boom boom boom.
    That is the song I wanted to see when I opened this thread.

YosemiteSam on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    There was some poll you'd take that would determine what drink you were. I was a gin and tonic.

tlgt222fy5.jpg

That actually sounds like a really good idea right now. I wish we actually kept alcohol in this house :(

Gim on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:

How fucked up is that D:

This is one of those male rape jokes that I find sort of odd.

edit: or is it just a rape joke and I'm reaching? Jokes like "well why don't you just bend me over" are male rape jokes, I'm just assuming this is a variant.

• Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Aegeri wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:

How fucked up is that D:

Well they never said all games were going to be backwards compatible. But people were still pissed off about the games they did make backwards compatible, and the games that weren't.
    About PS3, I'm not too sure, since this time around I do not really care about Sony, and my 360 is good enough for me.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited November 2006
    You put de lime in de coconut
    Drink it all up

stilist on
    edited November 2006
    Gim wrote:
    There was some poll you'd take that would determine what drink you were. I was a gin and tonic.

tlgt222fy5.jpg

That actually sounds like a really good idea right now. I wish we actually kept alcohol in this house :(
    Perhaps not surprisingly, I have gin and tonics fixings on hand. I'd pour you one, if we weren't solely related by some nebulous cloud of electronic signals and tubes.

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Cross-posted:
    Aegeri wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:

How fucked up is that D:

The X-Box at least has an excuse; they're emulating the original's hardware. Sony decided they'd have to just pack in the PS2 hardware at launch (possibly switching to emulation down the road), and it still manages to be an enormous fuck-up. Glitches, games completely without sound, on and on. There's a list of 175 games that people have found don't work so far (mostly Japanese games, as they're the only ones who have it at the moment). It'll be interesting to see how bad that list gets on Friday.

The 5-10 minutes of waiting for your game to install sounds like a blast, too.

Edit: And yeah, Sony never said that it was going to be limited, evolving compatibility. They played it up as being at least as seamless as the PS2's compatibility. Now they're saying "further firmware upgrades may help things"

Senjutsu on
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:

How fucked up is that D:

Well they never said all games were going to be backwards compatible. But people were still pissed off about the games they did make backwards compatible, and the games that weren't.
    About PS3, I'm not too sure, since this time around I do not really care about Sony, and my 360 is good enough for me.

I'm wondering what is going on, because I have a huge library of PS2 games now (well, big enough) and the only thing appealing about the PS3 is the potential backwards compatibility it could afford me.

As you know, the DVD drive in a PS2 is a piece of shit. It's not going to last much longer.

Aegeri on
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:

How fucked up is that D:

edit: or is it just a rape joke and I'm reaching? Jokes like "well why don't you just bend me over" are male rape jokes, I'm just assuming this is a variant.

Do women no longer have anuses?

Alternate poast: The vagina cannot be accessed while bent over?

moniker on
    edited November 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Cross-posted:
    Aegeri wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:

How fucked up is that D:

The X-Box at least has an excuse; they're emulating the original's hardware. Sony decided they'd have to just pack in the PS2 hardware at launch (possibly switching to emulation down the road), and it still manages to be an enormous fuck-up. Glitches, games completely without sound, on and on. There's a list of 175 games that people have found don't work so far (mostly Japanese games, as they're the only ones who have it at the moment). It'll be interesting to see how bad that list gets on Friday.

The 5-10 minutes of waiting for your game to install sounds like a blast, too.

Edit: And yeah, Sony never said that it was going to be limited, evolving compatibility. They played it up as being at least as seamless as the PS2's compatibility. Now they're saying "further firmware upgrades may help things"

Kekeke!

I would make sarcastic comments, but really, if I respond with my money aren't I saying all that I can in exactly the right way as a consumer?

Aegeri on
    edited November 2006
    moniker wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:

How fucked up is that D:

No.

It can.

Edit: I think it's just the whole sodomite thing about being taken up the rear end or something.

I dunno.

Aegeri on
    edited November 2006
    moniker wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:

How fucked up is that D:

D&D: We're gender-agnostic in our rape jokes!

stilist on
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Perhaps not surprisingly, I have gin and tonics fixings on hand. I'd pour you one, if we weren't solely related by some nebulous cloud of electronic signals and tubes.
    It's all good. I'm going to see if we have any long-expired grape juice.

Gim on
    edited November 2006
    stilist wrote:
    moniker wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:

How fucked up is that D:

We hate everyone equally here.

Aegeri on
    edited November 2006
    Aegeri wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    moniker wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Aegeri wrote:

How fucked up is that D:

We hate everyone equally here.

Except that gay guy from Canada in the Monkey Den :arrow: SE++ post. :lol:

moniker on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Screw this. Ima go play Company of Heroes.
    you have any tips on how to get the 250 kills i need for the medal in carentan counterattack? I keep accidentally winning and cant seem to get anywhere near 250

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited November 2006
    I always interpreted as being the specific implication of needing to bend a man over to rape him, as opposed to the variety of ways one might choose to sexually assault a female, so to specifically suggest "bending over" was to imply male-on-male violence.

I can't be the only one who read into it this way...

edited November 2006
    Come on torrent, finish collecting those bytes.

Gim on
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    I always interpreted as being the specific implication of needing to bend a man over to rape him, as opposed to the variety of ways one might choose to sexually assault a female, so to specifically suggest "bending over" was to imply male-on-male violence.

It's the general implication, by way of prison rape.

stilist on
  • IloroKamouIloroKamou Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Gim wrote:

tlgt222fy5.jpg

Send the drink through the tubes! send it through the tubes!

IloroKamou on
    "There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts."
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    If someone could send alcohol over the internet, they would be very very rich.

Doc on
    edited November 2006
    IloroKamou wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Gim wrote:

tlgt222fy5.jpg

Hate to break it to you pal, but I've been trying to download alcohol since I was 13. The technology just isn't here yet.

edited November 2006
    IloroKamou wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Gim wrote:

tlgt222fy5.jpg

The internet as an alcohol bong? Okay!

Gim on
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Just want to also chime in and say how shitty that is Jeff, so shitty :|

Who knew hamsters made such lousy guard dogs.

At least you and the family are okay.

I remember our house being broken into and ransacked years ago, I was about 4 or 5. Pretty scary at the time, but I can't recall it ever really bothering me. Maddie should be fine.

Andrew_Jay on
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    moniker wrote:
    That is the song I wanted to see when I opened this thread.

George's version has less swing, but more zazz; if you want a techinical explanation.

Though if I edit out the lyrics, everyone wins.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    edited November 2006
    stilist wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

Yes, but it doesn't exclude women from the raping. It's not like saying 'they've got me by the balls' which is gender specific. Besides I'm pretty sure girls aren't fans of being forcibly sexed up the ass by a multinational conglomerate any moreso than guys.

moniker on
    edited November 2006
    Doc wrote:
    If someone could send alcohol over the internet, they would be very very rich.
    Dammit, Doc stole my joke.

*pours drinks down the tubes for him*

edited November 2006
    moniker wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

Yes, but it doesn't exclude women from the raping. It's not like saying 'they've got me by the balls' which is gender specific. Besides I'm pretty sure girls aren't fans of being forcibly sexed up the ass by a multinational conglomerate any moreso than guys.
    I know it doesn't exclude, but let's all be honest -- when we hear that phrase, it conjures images of prison rape. That's what it's playing off of. The whole "bend me over / lube, no lube" whatever jokes are jokes about prison rape, or have I been misunderstanding them?

I understand the semantics, I'm just saying the honest way we read them.

edited November 2006
    Ugh, how did I ever watch That 70s Show when it was originally on? This is a horrible show.

Gim on
    edited November 2006
    Gim wrote:
    Ugh, how did I ever watch That 70s Show when it was originally on? This is a horrible show.
    This is my reaction to TV in general. It's not a lie that I only watch sports on TV these days. Sometimes I watch shows on DVDs, but like one show every season, TOPS, so like four shows a year.

Anyway ... I'm always surprised turning actual TV on again how much I used to watch it back in high school etc.

This discussion has been closed.