As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Giftget.gif

Out of the blue there arrives a parcel. Wait a minute I didn't order anything from Amazon:
    n4055f7wys5h.jpg

What do I find inside....?
    40mg8b78izh2.jpg

Notes:
    Valve Presents: The Sacrafice and Other Steam-Powered Stories Volume 1
    Read the stories within a while back and enjoyed them. The TF2 stuff in particular is pretty great (and there's more online if you're interested in reading more, assuming you haven't already).

Assassins Creed - The Complete Visual History
    Couldn't believe they had an art book for the entire Assassin's Creed series! Enjoy!

Some pretty sweet art books. Both excellent, no, fantastic choices and look forward to devouring them.

All thanks to @Stabbity Style. Happy Halloween Holidays!

But wait, there's more. Informed via PM that another parcel is on it's way (although will take a while to arrive)

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    *Insert Barney "It begins!" gif*

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I too preordered the new pokemon and will likely get ff15 on release date unless I am told otherwise. Other than that, santee, you're free to go!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Right, time to dig out and edit the narcissism express that is the about me post:
    Shirt Size: M. I don't really wear black T-Shirts these days as I appreciate a bit of colour in my ageing years.
    Consoles Owned: 360, WiiU, 3DS, PC.
    I have a Steam (JamWarrior) and a Gamertag (Jam Warrior UK).
    - All things Nintendo, esp Mario and Zelda and the merchandising associated therewith.
    - Games; As a man with limited time I like story driven concise experiences or short pick up and play (puzzles, roguelikes etc) rather than sprawling epics these days. Also a big fan of the weirder end of the spectrum (Suda 51 etc). I will be brutally honest with you, I don't get a huge amount of video gaming time these days and have plenty of stuff queued up. I do still love quirky disposable stuff you can wrap up in an evening or two though.
    - Comics. My favourite being Hellboy and his associated universe. Not super into caped supers.
    - Card games, board games, miniatures, RPGs, I spend more of my time in Critical Failures than I do in G&T these days to be honest. Obsession of the moment is very much Malifaux.
    - Two daughters. 6 and 3 years old. Family shareable stuff is always awesome.
    - Generally a big kid who still loves toys. LEGO etc always much appreciated!
    - Books. I love reading but don't do it enough and would love to read your favourite novel. Dead tree version please.

Not so good ideas:
    - Blu-Rays, as I only have a DVD player.
    - Strong boozes like spirits (just not my thing)
    - Mainline obvious Nintendo games (Zelda, Mario etc) as my family is probably already getting them for me or they're sat on my shelf in shrink wrap waiting for that mythical free time to play them.

But that's all irrelevant because what's really fun about Secret Santa is discovering the new things that you like and want to share. Force your favourite things upon me! I'm ready for it.

You should have my wife's email if you want to check if I already have something or not. Don't worry, she should understand what you're talking about.

And if all else fails I have an Amazon list I try to keep stocked with random stuff I fancy. http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/3LZ4ZKQ6DKAIN

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Moar Santee notes:
    I'm a Medium or Large shirt size. I subscribe to Loot Crate already. I have not pre-ordered any new games, but am interested in Pokemon Moon and will probably get FFXV myself from the local vidya store. My consoles are basically collecting dust at the moment though, my PS4 has been turned on once to download the World of FF demo but I haven't even played it yet. My Wii U is only turned on for Smash when my friends come over. I do run a Twitch stream as a hobby, mostly playing Hearthstone Arenas and silly decks lately. I really really love Dark Souls, and literally anything from Souls or Bloodborne. I also haven't pre-ordered any of the From Software board games because I haven't really hung out with my friends that much lately. Same with Thornwatch, I was going to jump on that KickStarter but then never did because I don't have enough interested parties around me. Art books are 100% solid if you can't decide on anything else.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I've purchased FFXV and that's it so far Santa. Just FYI.

Also, if you ever send me a physical package, just have Proxy give me a heads up. I like to keep a lookout.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Oh yeah Santa I have preordered Dishonored 2. Aside from that I think all wish lists should be updated and I don't have any surprise purchases pending

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Dear Santa:
    I should be pretty easy to stalk these days despite the common name. I'm the video game one. That said, my job makes it difficult to predict which new games I will end up getting ahold of, which is why you have my husband's e-mail if you're looking to go in that direction. ;) Other stuff: I collect stuffed dragons and am a bit of a foodie, but I don't really drink. Chocolate is life. I like silly weird things, go wild.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,
    I'm not a synth, despite what Google thinks now.

As far as the rest, you can figure it out. :biggrin:

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Gifts sent....BWA HA HA HA!!!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    How are you guys already sending and getting things? My Halloween decorations are still up, I'm not even thinking about Christmas at this point.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    How are you guys already sending and getting things? My Halloween decorations are still up, I'm not even thinking about Christmas at this point.

Well, my December (and apparently be target's) is going to be awful busy and I'm not going to be in town often. Figure I should get it out of the way now to avoid missing deadlines.

Decides, who doesn't love firing gifts out of a Cheer Cannon early?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtWnk4Nzz6Q

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    dalith14dalith14 Registered User regular
    Guess I should post something here to help out. I will follow suite with those before me.

Shirt size is Large. I do a lot of gaming, I have PS4, 3DS and PC (Got rid of the Xbox one and Wii U dude to lack of interest) Do a lot of gaming through my PC, SteamID should be in the initial info sent out. Love RPG and Strategy games. Nothing pre-ordered or purchased as of yet, last 4 games I bought were World of Final Fantasy, DBZ Xenoverse 2, Dragon Quest Builders and Dragon Quest 7 for 3ds. Games I have poured my heart into, FF14,FFX,SoulsBorne Series, Naughty Dog games, Mass Effect.

I have a Son who is the coolest kid in the world, he is 3 and loves to watch me play games or just sit back and hang out with me. Currently his thing is Spider-Man and Pokémon, but really anything bright and vibrant he loves to watch and enjoy (World of Final Fantasy has been getting some good play-time) so if anything the little man is always a good bet.

Only thing I can think of not to do are:
    Junk food/Baked goods (Been dieting and working out past 4 months so cant be deterred!)
    Alcohol (Also quit drinking and smoking this past year)

But in the end the Holidays are a time for everyone to be happy and have a good time and treat others with respect and happiness, so take this post with a grain as I am sure whatever you have in mind will be fantastic!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I think most of the things that come up searching my name or username are actually not me... though I could be a children's book illustrator lawyer actor deceased

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Here I am, minding my own business working, when suddenly...

Giftget.gif

I'm slammed by a steam message:

7452a40a-6e69-4017-8728-81fabd660734_zps99yhpotk.png

Santa MNC Dover reveals himself! Revenge is his (I believe he was a santee of mine a few years back)

Thanks Dover. You have no idea (or maybe you do) how many times I've nearly bought this game. I LOVE the music and work with it on in the back ground frequently. Plus, I'm a big Mega Man 2/9 fan...so yeah. We in there.

Thanks @MNC Dover

Also Dover: I DEMAND a gift of playing some HotS with you and your lady sometime. I'll guard you so you can Sgt. Hammer all day!

Grove on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Lies not a double post, but moar gifts!

BGe_zps41om2mqb.png

SCy_zps8oumjx76.png

I've never even heard of Super Cyborg! I'm a bad gamer :P Can't wait to give it a go.

And BG&E...my old friend. I've been wanting to replay you for so long, but seeing as I only had the ps2 version..well it didn't seem likely. My prayers have been answered.

Thanks so much @MNC Dover These are fantastic. Love them!

edit:

Just watched the video of super cyborg. It's amazing. Contra reborn!

Grove on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Dover doesn't understand the "Secret" part of "Secret Santa".

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Houn wrote: »

Alternatively, he's just a front for the secret Santa puppet master and his dastardly Christmas schemes. The Moriarty of the holidays. His fingerprints are all over this; the recent sharp uptick in gifting is only a shadow of the true magnitude of holiday generosity and cheer that will be unleashed in the coming months.
    all over your face and chest?

Frem on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    All over your face and chestTM

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    All over your face and chestTM

Put that on a t-shirt.

• Options

Were we not supposed to out ourselves? Oops! My bad...

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Well, it's your call of course. The only wrong way to Secret Santa is to not Santa at all.
    If you want your identity out there, then go large.
    If you want to keep the secret for a bit, than you do things like make a face Yahoo mail account to contact your santee through.
    Or use Amazon to send them a bunch of random little gifts for the next month and a half.

Things like that.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

I mean, you get to choose when you out yourself. I recommend saving it for the "finale". Like, if you're gonna spread these gifts out, obfuscate until the last gift! Keep them guessing! There's that joy in not only getting a thing, but still having no idea who to thank for it!

What is best in gifting?

To crush your Santee (in gifts), to see them exclaim in thankful confusion, and to hear their lamentations of anticipation!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Well, it's your call of course. The only wrong way to Secret Santa is to not Santa at all.
    If you want to keep the secret for a bit, than you do things like make a face Yahoo mail account to contact your santee through.
    Or use Amazon to send them a bunch of random little gifts for the next month and a half.

Things like that.

Leave a dead squirrel on their porch.
    Write a message in lipstick on their mirror.
    Enter your contact info into their phone when they're not looking.

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    This appears to be a thing to do, so, here i go!

I'm a dude
    I'm pretty tall - 6'2"
    My shirt size is XL if they are pre shrunk, or XXL if not/foreign sourced
    I do not have any current gen consoles, save for a 3DSXL
    I love books, games, and wacky cube toys. I play hearthstone a lot.
    If you want to see my dumb face, and watch me flail about while playing video games, watch my twitch : twitch.tv/dreadmighty
    See my sig for steam info. I serve the newell a lot, but I try not to buy every game i can everywhere.
    Board games are cool, but more than 5 players or an hour to learn the rules, and no one will play them with me. (i'm looking at you, secret hitler)
    I don't have any specific "don't get me these things" besides remote control helicopters or drones probably won't be opened/used. The cat destroys them.
    He's not my cat, but my roommates.
    I wont say no to booze, but i'm not a huge drinker
    I go to PAX west, I was an omeganaut for the past two of them. I own a moderate amount of PAX themed items (water bottle, pins, shirts, hoodie)
    I have no idea what else I could put in here.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I love that you guys are gifting and getting gifts already, but santee do not expect your gifts until mid to late December. I'm moving towards full Christmas mode here, but before I reach maximum power I need to eat some turkey and pumpkin pie first.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »

Things like that.

Leave a dead squirrel on their porch.
    Write a message in lipstick on their mirror.
    Enter your contact info into their phone when they're not looking.

I was just going to keep all these pictures I took of my Santee's family while I was out. Maybe I should just send them so they know I've been doing a great job so far.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    You're not making it easy on me are you, Santee? That's alright. You'll get yours, oh yes you will.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,
    If for any reason you should bestow me with a shirt or shirt-like object, you'll want to go 3XL.

I think my post history should give plenty of deets, but for quick reference... for gaming I'm currently on PS4, Wii U and 3DS. I don't do PC / Steam, as my sad little laptop couldn't handle most games anyhow.

I hope that's helpful! Happy stalking, Santa!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Dear Santa

I know, it won't be easy. I tend to lurk a bit, this year wasn't any different. Any wishlist you find, I've either forgot or I poorly maintain. And to top it all off, I left you with vague gifting hints.

Let's make these hints a bit less vague, shall we?
    -Shirt size: XL. Or L, if the shirt is fine it'll get me on a definitive weight loss journey!
    -As I said, I do most of my gaming on PC, but I also have a 3DS XL. Don't mind the current League of Legends addiction of the moment, I'm open to any genre and any difficulty. I'm also not going to buy any games for myself this month (and if I buy something during the Winter Sale, you'll know) so, don't worry about it.
    -I put something about board games in my initial hints. I, uh... I'm actually quite new at board games. I could make people rage quit at Monopoly, but other than that I don't really know anything about the best games of the moment or the most accessible to newbies. Please don't send me Monopoly
    -Avoid stalking overkill. That's about the only thing to avoid this Santa year - I'm still a bit uncomfortable with stuff like, for example, geocaching journeys through cities or meeting internet strangers. Maybe I'll be fine with such things in the future, but The "Fun" Issues With Dac Vin is a story for another time.
    -Otherwise, I said to have fun in my initial hints. I mean it. Surprise me! Unlock a whole new interest! GO WILD!

Dear Santee

I had a nice opening salvo in mind for you, but revealing myself this early wouldn't be proper. Besides, I did more sleuthing and you already had it :(

Don't worry, I have plans for you. Expect cheers, just in a nice box and not All Over Your Face And Chest™. That would be overkill.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    To Santa:
    Some basic info, to assist in the stalkery:

Shirt size: Men's XXL. Pants: Don't buy me pants.
    ...Make of that what you will. :winky:

Gaming: I skipped out on Nintendo somehow in recent years. I own PS3 / PS4 / X360 / Xbone / 3DSXL / Wii / and a poor dusty Vita. I also do some PC gaming. My Steam name is Bursar, and the profile pic is the creepy realistic Homer Simpson avatar.
    I'm not involved in any MMOs.

Board Gaming: I'm also in the Critical Failures Secret Santa exchange! Stalk me there, too, if you dare.

Other Interests: Books, Lego, discovering good things on Netflix, being pleasantly surprised

Food: I'm not partial to things with a lot of fruit, and excessively chewy things (jelly beans, gummi anything) trigger my gag reflex.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    ATTENTION CARBON MONKEYS:

Proxy can do internet video game things!

And also word-o-grams for those who prefer the old fashioned stuff.

PROXY SERVES

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Ain't nothing wrong with revealing yourself early.

If anything, that just means the "secret" part is what the gifts are.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Oh, I go away and there are 200 more posts? Yes, and I have an assignment.

What to do this year? I'm not sure.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »

Send people rad gifts.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »

Send people rad gifts.

I sent my first gift before I even got a target.

That being said, I'm comming up with plans.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Remember folks, emails can be used for a lot of things when it comes to sleuthing! And wishlists are a thing in many places :twisted:

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Hey Santa my living situation is changing pretty soon, I'm moving at the end of the month (again, sigh) so please let me know and I'll update my address when I figure out what the new one is!

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Man, this one's locked down good. Might have to get creative...

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Sorry I haven't posted much this year. The paragraph in my signup was pretty thorough though and you can find in some places around the web. I've been eyeing The Witness on Steam and Child of Light for the WiiU but waiting for a sale on both. Not buying much else though.