As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2016 Pre PAX Drinkies - fri lunch pirate ship 2pm

feralmasterferalmaster melbourneRegistered User regular
edited November 2016 in PAX Australia
Pre Pax Thursday 3rd November meetup for drinks.. note this is not official in any way, just a repeat performance.

(We did this last year, the year before and the year before...)

Where: Transport at Federation Square
When: 7PM, Thursday 3rd November 2016
Map: Heres a map
Hashtag: #paxbeer so you can find us as the night progresses.

Itinerary:

7:00 - 8:30 - Transport (Fed Square)
9:00 - Probably bartronica again.

All welcome, post here and let us know if you are coming!

Last years thread

posted by a carbon flavoured beer based life form
feralmaster on

• UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Count me in, I didn't know about this last year as it was my first PAX. Really want to get immersed in it all this year and meet some new people!

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• atree22atree22 Registered User new member
    Interested ... See you there

• TurboJasperTurboJasper Registered User new member
    I am flying in from perth so it'll be good to hang out with some rad cats on the day.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Not wanting to divide the party, but the Games Laboratory (near intersection of Queen and on Little Lonsdale street) also usually runs a Pre-PAX boardgames night on Thursday as well.
    It has a bar downstairs, but I mainly mention it for the boardgames if you want to start Tabletop Free Playing at PAX early.
    As I don't drink this will be where I'm headed Thursday.

Talking with other PAX people has to be the best thing about PAX, so I'd encourage everyone to go to one of these if they can.

discrider wrote: »
    Not wanting to divide the party, but the Games Laboratory (near intersection of Queen and on Little Lonsdale street) also usually runs a Pre-PAX boardgames night on Thursday as well.
    It has a bar downstairs, but I mainly mention it for the boardgames if you want to start Tabletop Free Playing at PAX early.

Talking with other PAX people has to be the best thing about PAX, so I'd encourage everyone to go to one of these if they can.

As a newb to Tabletop for the most part, this interests me, what level are the games that are played?

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Standard table height I imagine.

Sorry.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    UseR2006 wrote: »

As a newb to Tabletop for the most part, this interests me, what level are the games that are played?

So, the Magic players appear to take up most of the ground level, but then there'll likely be thursday pre-PAX games on the second level or at the bar beneath.

Or alternatively, the games are whatever people want to play and that they have brought or that are in the store's library.
    So I'm pretty sure I played Codenames, that multiplayer Pictionary race game by the same designer and Heroes of Waterdeep there last year.

• QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular

Come see me at PAX - I will be teaching boardgames in the Tabletop area - I have SOOOO many things I could show you

....also boardgames

steam_sig.png
  • vaderkillervaderkiller Registered User new member
    Not much of a drinker, but this sounds fun. I'll join you guys at Transport :)

Questor wrote: »

Come see me at PAX - I will be teaching boardgames in the Tabletop area - I have SOOOO many things I could show you

....also boardgames

Hahaha sounds like fun @Questor I'll have to get people added on the PAX app so i can find you all on the days.

steam_sig.png

• SuperRoachSuperRoach BallaratRegistered User regular
    While we still have plenty of time before it happens, May I suggest we see of the interest of a pub crawl more like two years ago instead of a carbon copy of last year. We had a few people get bored at bartronica (which is fine).

I'm not sure if I'm going to be here as Media or a standard pass - If it's the latter, I'm sure that'll mean I get to partake in drinkage far more! Looking forward to it.

• QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Bartronica is fine, but the games are expensive.

steam_sig.png
    It is a bit on the pricey side for the drinks too. For people travelling in, it may seem a bit tame to go from Transport to there. We've picked spots along the river and browsed EB midway through venues in the past - and I thought it was kind of fun to take in the Melbourne atmosphere and vibe.

• feralmasterferalmaster melbourneRegistered User regular
    More than happy to entertain the idea of a crawl, if anyone has bar suggestions, do feel free to leave them!

• TheHairyGamerTheHairyGamer Registered User regular
    Plan to be there. First time coming to drinks this year and can't wait

What games usually get played? New to tabletop but very interested.

Anything and everything - though in the evening usually nothing much that's too long!

steam_sig.png
    Questor wrote: »
    Anything and everything - though in the evening usually nothing much that's too long!

If newcomers are welcome I would love to check it out

• PDP11PDP11 Registered User regular
    There is also a clash with the World of Tanks/World of Warships Gathering in Melbourne. See forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/68880-wgg-australia-november-2016/#topmost

Not long to go! we seem a bit light this year though!

I am sure others will turn up on Thursday

• IMSanchoIMSancho Registered User regular
    I'll come along again, has been good fun the last 2 years.

• ShanoreShanore Registered User regular
    Woo, can't wait ^_^

I'm almost nervous it's so soon!

Can't wait to meet some of you PAX people :biggrin:

• FuzzyPredatorFuzzyPredator MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Just a heads up, Bartronica has an event on at 5, dunno how long it will last, but chances are it'll be booked.

I dunno if I'll make it this year, today was fun setting up 237 PCs in PAX :biggrin:

Is there a backup option incase?

• David23David23 Registered User new member
    Yeah, I'll be there. Hopefully with cake.

Backup option is to go where the wind takes us, we can tweet on #paxbeer. There are plenty of options...

• FuzzyPredatorFuzzyPredator MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Melbourne is a great place to get a drink, let me know how many you end up having and I'll let you know some of the better spots, some suggestions off the top of my head would be e55 and alchemists refuge (which has been mentioned)

#paxbeer hashtag is a go, now tweeting, see you all there, getting a light snack first.. and maybe a pint.

• CarrotTopCarrotTop Registered User regular
    Just popped into Bartronica and there is a Final Fantasy private function at the mo, not sure when it finishes.

That's cool, intend to drop by later.. currently out the back entrance of transport near the stage. Keeping some seats available...

I'm just hovering around the pax hall. Might grab a bite and head up there. Btw update iterneary if theres a change - twitters saying 7:30pm but it says 7

Thanks, oops, twitter updated.

edited November 2016
    p4JsFpT.jpg
    picture test, same place as last year

SuperRoach on
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Well, now I know I have the right building, at least.

n57PM0C.jpg
    Made it here early. Anyone else around?

I'm on the way, running a bit late as I finished work at 6pm and the tram takes a while to get in.

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.