As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Eve Online Special Edition] Expansions, Mac/Linux Clients, and newbie drive

• BurguBurgu Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    sounds enticing
    I might reroll gallente, i was Caldari before

Burgu on
  • SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I realized that by selling ark that i mine whole, i can get 500,000 every 20 minutes or so in my osprey, and thats only the base, with no more skills, additions to my ship. Thats pretty sweet.

Some guy in E-Pros is buying ark for 3200 a unit.

Sueve on
  • deadteardeadtear Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    1.5m/hr is not very good in 0.0.

deadtear on
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This thread + incoming Trinity = EvE relapse for me. :o

In-game name: Steampunk Astronaut.

hlprmnky on
    _
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Not only has the Trinity site gone live, but today the initial beta of the Trinity Engine went live on Singularity. Initial reports from intrepid Goonswarm members:
    Also trip report:

+ frames per second through the roof. FFA 1 had like fifty wrecks and at least two hundred drones with ~20 people fighting and I had no slowdowns.
    + things are shiny

- holy christ ram usage (although CCP may have built it with debugging features enabled which would explain the ram usage and makes sense considering this is the first public testing)
    - grid load lag still exists but after the initial loading lag there is no "studdering" or persistent slowdown.

Sounds quite encouraging so far, I'm probably going to give it a look myself tomorrow.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Sueve wrote: »
    I realized that by selling ark that i mine whole, i can get 500,000 every 20 minutes or so in my osprey, and thats only the base, with no more skills, additions to my ship. Thats pretty sweet.

I was going to say 500k/20min is lame, but in an osprey that isn't bad I guess (although you could probably still make more ratting in a caracal but wtvr). I'm getting into a retriever tonight so It'll be interesting to see how strip mining in e-pr0s compares to Raven ratting in same. It will probably suck without serious gang bonuses etc. but meh.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Woo! You mean I can actually have effects on? How about sound?

EDIT: Also, fly to Sansha space, armor-tank a cruiser and go rat Sansha's. You make 500k every 3 mins or whatever.

electricitylikesme on
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm only a few days in and I'm making bank salvaging. Not even Salvaging III yet (which takes ~20 hours to train). I made 3mil in about 30 minutes.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
    edited November 2007
    meatflower wrote: »
    I'm only a few days in and I'm making bank salvaging. Not even Salvaging III yet (which takes ~20 hours to train). I made 3mil in about 30 minutes.

Salvaging III is only necessary for salvaging faction spawns and t2 player wrecks afaik.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I was going to say 500k/20min is lame, but in an osprey that isn't bad I guess (although you could probably still make more ratting in a caracal but wtvr). I'm getting into a retriever tonight so It'll be interesting to see how strip mining in e-pr0s compares to Raven ratting in same. It will probably suck without serious gang bonuses etc. but meh.

My Osprey can mine at about 97% of the rate of most people's retriever's.

:colbert:

Not that I've mined any asteroids in months.

Midshipman on
    midshipman.jpg
  • scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    yeah you guys should all play eve

scrivenerjones on
    edited November 2007
    Midshipman wrote: »

But how fast can your retriever mine?

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited November 2007
    Woo! You mean I can actually have effects on? How about sound?

EDIT: Also, fly to Sansha space, armor-tank a cruiser and go rat Sansha's. You make 500k every 3 mins or whatever.

Where is Sansha space? I only say that i was happy making what i was because im a noob who played a year ago in empire. Someone wanna tell me how to make more money in more detail? Armor-tank a cruiser means little to me.

Sueve on
  • LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I played this a lot a few years back, but got really bored with the corps I kept finding (every time I joined a new one that claimed to do pvp, it just turned out to be a bunch of pansies who would leave an alliance because, heaven forbid, they were getting attacked by other alliances) and ended up grinding way more pve than I ever wanted. (Remained very dull even after Revelations, though it was a lot better on the rare occasions that I could find a group.)

If I went back now, could I actually get some 0.0 action right off the bat?

LoneIgadzra on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I played this a lot a few years back, but got really bored with the corps I kept finding (every time I joined a new one that claimed to do pvp, it just turned out to be a bunch of pansies who would leave an alliance because, heaven forbid, they were getting attacked by other alliances) and ended up grinding way more pve than I ever wanted. (Remained very dull even after Revelations, though it was a lot better on the rare occasions that I could find a group.)

If I went back now, could I actually get some 0.0 action right off the bat?

If you join merchi and fly with goons, then yes

ronzo on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Today I was involved with a little skirmish between some goons and BoB. I died. It was awesome. Lazers all over the place.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited November 2007
    There really needs to be a newbie guide on how/what to do to get to be in some goon missions pvping.

Sueve on
  • stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Am I right that they slowed the economy / increased mob difficulty again? I see a night as a time line for making 20m. The last time I played, you could do that in 3 - 4 hours in a BS by farming mid sec L3 and L4 missions and by selling implants / slightly rare items. There would be days where I'd make 70 - 120M. The time before that (about a year earlier), you could split 20M between a couple of people every 2 - 3 hours doing the same thing in a couple of missile frigs.

stigweard on
  • runaway_pancakerunaway_pancake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    meatflower wrote: »

Salvaging III is only necessary for salvaging faction spawns and t2 player wrecks afaik.
    Lvl 3 also gives a universal 50% increase to salvage chance, so it's definitely worth it (15% chance as opposed to 10%).
    stigweard wrote: »
    Am I right that they slowed the economy / increased mob difficulty again? I see a night as a time line for making 20m. The last time I played, you could do that in 3 - 4 hours in a BS by farming mid sec L3 and L4 missions and by selling implants / slightly rare items. There would be days where I'd make 70 - 120M. The time before that (about a year earlier), you could split 20M between a couple of people every 2 - 3 hours doing the same thing in a couple of missile frigs.
    Is this from ratting in goonspace? If so, the difference is that Angels are significantly harder to kill than any other NPC race. We just captured some Sansha space from BoB though, so we have at least some alternative.

And I thought I'd mention this because it's hilarious and it shows what kind or assholes our enemies are: Today we recieved word that BoB has kicked out one of their tenant/slave alliances because they had the apparent audacity to try to stand up on their own and fight back against some random pirates who have invaded their space. This basically means that the tenants' assets are now locked away in BoB stations that they can no longer dock at.

runaway_pancake on
  • 4242 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If I was a newbee who sucked at EVE and wanted to get better I would join Merch Industrial in Goonswarm

42 on
    sig.pl?42
  • LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Also, CCP just sent me an email trying to get me to play again, with a picture of my old character, and holy shit he is fucking ugly what the hell was I thinking?

I guess there's nothing I can do about that, right?

(For the record, I won't be playing this again until I graduate and find a job, but I want to.)

LoneIgadzra on
  • Ti NsiTi Nsi Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    42 wrote: »
    If I was a newbee who sucked at EVE and wanted to get better I would join Merch Industrial in Goonswarm

when are you planning to apply

owned~

Ti Nsi on
  • 4242 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ti Nsi wrote: »

owned~
    Some people just don't want to get better; I guess that's why you haven't joined.

42 on
    sig.pl?42
  • deadteardeadtear Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ti Nsi wrote: »

owned~
    Some people just don't want to get better; I guess that's why you haven't joined.

Well at least ti is stable, you've gone from good corp, to decent corp, to shit alliance faster than someone joining rise or ISS.

deadtear on
  • stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is this from ratting in goonspace?

Nah, mission ratting from sec .4 to .6

stigweard on
    edited November 2007
    I got my first podkill! In a rifter! Killing the pod of a raven driver... Tackling rocks.

Sueve on
  • AnDr3w22AnDr3w22 Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    hey my ingame is macewindoo im interested in joining the corp let me know thanks.

AnDr3w22 on
  • MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

592 m3 per minute on my Osprey.

618 m3 per minute on my Retriever.

Not counting drones on either.

Midshipman on
    midshipman.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Also, CCP just sent me an email trying to get me to play again, with a picture of my old character, and holy shit he is fucking ugly what the hell was I thinking?

(For the record, I won't be playing this again until I graduate and find a job, but I want to.)

When ambulation comes, you'll be able to redo your character for free. Probably with a lot more options too.
    AnDr3w22 wrote: »
    hey my ingame is macewindoo im interested in joining the corp let me know thanks.

So do people understand why we go "lol spy" on newbies now?

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    SpaceDrake wrote: »

When ambulation comes, you'll be able to redo your character for free. Probably with a lot more options too.
    AnDr3w22 wrote: »

So do people understand why we go "lol spy" on newbies now?

Boredom?

Comahawk on
    edited November 2007

592 m3 per minute on my Osprey.

618 m3 per minute on my Retriever.

Not counting drones on either.

Why does upgrading to the Retriever suck so bad?

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited November 2007
    For actual ore mining, barges really aren't that great. If I really go crazy I can make a Dominix that mines just about as well as a Covetor and tanks much harder. Barges are only necessary for Ice Mining. If you're serious about Ice then you want a Mackinaw most of all.

EDIT:

Attention Newbies

If you are attacked in space we cannot actually help you if you do not tell us where you are

If you see a hostile on your overview and need to call for help give the system, planet and belt where you are

Thank you and have a nice day

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Omg I'm undar attk send helpz now!!!!111eleven

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Also, if you are on TS, we dont know who "Me" or "I" is.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • cursor101cursor101 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I may be looking you guys up under USMC cursor1132. Just recovered from getting myself blown up.

Good thing I know a good bit of russian.

cursor101 on
    MK:DS 451051-559978
    Guy1: There's nothing bitchin about the games soundtrack. It's practically all elevator music.

Guy2: That's just hilariously stupid. I can't imagine playing a fighting game with "Girl from Ipanema" playing in the background.
  • StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    are you seriously using a character whose first four letters are USMC?

oh boy

StormyWaters on
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    :royofcasnipya:

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am thinking about applying to you guys. I am not a newbie though. My main have 16,5 million SP and is a combat pilot. I also have two alts with around 7 million SP, one industrial and one combat. All my chars have the last name Jolar.

I would appreciate if someone could direct me to someone I could discuss it with, just reply here or send an EVEmail to Theron Jolar.

I'm in Veritas Immortalis atm, before that I was in FREGE (until they got kicked out of the drone regions, when my weak corp decided to jump ship and join the enemy).

EDIT: Fuck it I am going to go and apply, hopefully there wont be any problems.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • runaway_pancakerunaway_pancake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    NATIK wrote: »
    I'm in Veritas Immortalis
    Oh my goodness.

runaway_pancake on
  • NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't really know what you are talking about, I never got involved in Veritas Immortalis' deals, never even went to Great Wildlands.

I would rather fly with PA people then -V-.

EDIT: I know a pro BoB corp is not the most trustworthy position to come from, all I can tell you is that I personally prefer the RSF over BoB and friends. Wasnt my choice to join -V-.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.