As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The First Registration is Away! I Repeat, Registration is Away! [East 2017 Badges]

• Options
    mtalmormtalmor Registered User regular
    Not sure if this is the space for it, but I wanted to commend the PAX East team this year for a really smooth, streamlined registration and hotel booking process. No hitches, no huge delays, and I was 25min late on the announcements too (in previous years I was 17min and 7min late)! GJ!

• Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    PAX Badges got for all 3 days. Woot

• Options
    MythrilRobMythrilRob Registered User regular
    Got my badges for myself and three others! No hotel yet but we have a good start. Extremely excited now, hype at maximum.

• Options
    SkrepoSkrepo Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Saturdays are gone. That took a lot longer than I expected.

Skrepo on
  • Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Skrepo wrote: »
    Saturdays are gone. That took a lot longer than I expected.

Dropping the 3 days seemed to have had a really positive impact honestly. I was initially upset about it but it seems this is the right choice. Also huge thanks to the PAX team for a REALLY smooth process this year. Everything went extremely well and the only criticism I have is that I had a Westin room set that got booked out from under me. Maybe work on improving that with OnPeak. I still got the Renaissance which is great, but I was excited for the Westin. Overall, awesome experience though!

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    sammills wrote: »
    Definitely went a lot smoother for me than the past 3 years, got through in less than a minute.
    Now let's just all hope for no blizzards this year. :biggrin:

We can hope, but as Mr. Bean once said...

Winter is coming.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    djlybsdjlybs Slayer of the Datas Boston MetroRegistered User regular
    not really, last year's saturday badges took about an hour to sale out too.

MvyuK6O.png
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Got passes for me and the 3 people in my crew. I'm so poor now. Who wants to buy some blood?

TopherRocks on
  • Options
    EradiKateEradiKate Registered User regular
    Definitely went a lot smoother for me than the past 3 years, got through in less than a minute.

Winter is coming.

Mr. Bean doesn't talk.

PAX East Attendee. Professional Tabletop Gamer. Donut Enthusiast.
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    EradiKate wrote: »

Winter is coming.

Mr. Bean doesn't talk.

Sean Bean.

But well-played.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    Missed out on Saturday :( I'll have to figure out how to get a pass for that day unfortunately. I didn't get a notification on my phone sadly and had to have my eyes away from the computer.

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Very interesting that most people seem to have bought badges for all 3 days even though there was no 3-day badge available. I would say the ~25 people I know that go to Pax each year all seem to have opted for just Fri and Sat this year.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    smorggie wrote: »
    Very interesting that most people seem to have bought badges for all 3 days even though there was no 3-day badge available. I would say the ~25 people I know that go to Pax each year all seem to have opted for just Fri and Sat this year.
    My buddy who goes with me every year has opted only for Fri/Sat this year as well. I was considering doing the same, but Sunday is the optimal time to bring the kiddos, as it's the least intense day. That's probably the reason my friend opted out of Sunday.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Bought Fri/Sat/Sun badges for myself and my partner. Room booked for the same dates at the Westin next door. Only other time I've done PAX East was 2011, so very excited to go again after a large break.

Unfortunately was unable to secure a booking date for Thursday at the Westin, presumably because I imagine a bunch of potential goers booked the Westin during that time frame correctly guessing it would be in early March as it had been in other years. I hope vacancy opens up for Thursday somewhere, or even at the Westin, since we'll be driving from Canada. :P

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Ok, so my site was fucking up and reloading the page constantly. I got my order in eventually, but the delivery address state is incorrect. Where can I fix this?

email pax_questions@paxsite.com

Thanks!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    DominoDomino Keizen Mikazuki New York, NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Got all our badges and a room at the Westin and Element. Done a lot sooner than last year too. Huzzah!

Domino on
    tFh5HdJ.png
  • Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    robirex wrote: »
    Missed out on Saturday :( I'll have to figure out how to get a pass for that day unfortunately. I didn't get a notification on my phone sadly and had to have my eyes away from the computer.

Watch https://reddit.com/r/PaxPassExchange/ once badges are actually mailed and you should be able to pick one up.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    So... who else had a heart attack today? LOL.

Let me just say, normally I am stalking the website every day at the normal drop times (Noon, 1pm, 1:30 etc) and I have my twitter notifications setup way in advance for OfficialPax. I also normally have tweet deck. For whatever reason, I guess I just assumed it would be AFTER Pax AUS like it has been lately, so I've been really lazy about this. I just THIS MONDAY setup my Twitter notification. Thank god I was sitting at my desk at work and I saw my phone light up. My hands started shaking and my heart was racing haha. I used my work computer to buy my tickets, probably waited in queue 2 minutes before I got it. So happy :)

I think that Saturday badges stayed around longer this year simply because they released the tickets so much earlier this year. People were not as prepared. I was not planning on worrying about this for another 2 week at least!

It feels so good knowing I dont have to stress about this anymore though. I hope everyone got badges who wanted them :)

• Options
    Starr_szStarr_sz Gamer's Mom NJRegistered User regular
    I think I was waiting for about 10 minutes but almost holding my breath the whole time! I never would have gotten tickets if my teenager wasnt home from school "sick" and I thought she was messing with me when she called in a panic that they were on sale so early, before Pax South. Wasnt prepared but so releved to get us all 3 days and to not have to be on high alert for the next few weeks. Glad to save money and booked our hotel in August hoping the rumored date was correct.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    For those wondering, last year Friday sold out in 50 hours and Sunday in 17 days.

• Options
    melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    I was 25 min late getting the announcement but I got all three days and hotel at the embassy.

• Options
    shoutsshouts Registered User new member
    Seems like there were a lot more rooms last year. I got tickets a couple weeks later and there were more rooms.

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    I got iced out this year -- I was in the subway when the passes went on sale, so I missed the notification, and then right into a photoshoot. By the time I saw they were on sale and was able to log in Saturdays were all gone. If anyone ended up with an extra I'd love to take it off your hands! Otherwise it's off to ebay...

• Options
    ilta wrote: »
    I got iced out this year -- I was in the subway when the passes went on sale, so I missed the notification, and then right into a photoshoot. By the time I saw they were on sale and was able to log in Saturdays were all gone. If anyone ended up with an extra I'd love to take it off your hands! Otherwise it's off to ebay...

I recommend r/PAXPassExchange. They cap resold tickets at $10 over face value. The only problem is you will have to wait until a month-ish before PAX before you will start seeing anything pop up there.

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    ButerflySamuraiButerflySamurai Registered User regular
    Nabbed a Saturday badge! I am finally returning to PAX East after five years!

KrnMI2o.png

• Options
    angelicstubbornessangelicstubborness Registered User regular
    I was lucky. I had taken a nap cause of super sickness and my friend spammed me with phone calls, woke up this mins after the tweet and got all 3 days.

• Options
    sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    I'm shocked they are all still readily available. Got mine and a Thursday-Sunday at Aloft.

I think it's partly due to how early they are this year and the odd time they were announced. Some people at work may be upset if they missed it.

I walked out of a meeting at work to get mine! Pull out all the stops...

• Options
    DawnieroseDawnierose MaineRegistered User regular
    Super disappointed I wasn't able to get Saturday, only Friday and Sunday. Hopefully a miracle occurs and some pop up or something...

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Friday is now Low (about 26 hours in). Looks like those will sell out quicker than last year (50 hours).

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Heads up that Saturday badges went up briefly about an hour ago, but then they sold out again like 2 mins later.

I guess as the organizers revoke passes, or deal with those who bought too many passes, they'll slowly go back up on the website.

Canderson1989 on
  • Options
    InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    Keep in mind that @zerzhul said FIRST registration so it's possible they MAY do these in waves! That or it was just a slip of the finger when he submitted the title ;)

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • Options
    InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    yutani san wrote: »
    So... who else had a heart attack today? LOL.

Let me just say, normally I am stalking the website every day at the normal drop times (Noon, 1pm, 1:30 etc) and I have my twitter notifications setup way in advance for OfficialPax. I also normally have tweet deck. For whatever reason, I guess I just assumed it would be AFTER Pax AUS like it has been lately, so I've been really lazy about this. I just THIS MONDAY setup my Twitter notification. Thank god I was sitting at my desk at work and I saw my phone light up. My hands started shaking and my heart was racing haha. I used my work computer to buy my tickets, probably waited in queue 2 minutes before I got it. So happy :)

I think that Saturday badges stayed around longer this year simply because they released the tickets so much earlier this year. People were not as prepared. I was not planning on worrying about this for another 2 week at least!

It feels so good knowing I dont have to stress about this anymore though. I hope everyone got badges who wanted them :)

I was at work myself and going to look at another page in a browser in my second monitor when I saw a notification in Discord. I clicked on it and just sat in dumb silence as I registered that tickets went on sale early. I work at home so I ran like a mad man to get my credit card and jumped into the queue. I was almost 15 minutes late. The funny thing is, I had notifications enabled on my tablet sitting next to me but the battery was getting low so I had shut it off JUST before the announcement.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I was on a conference call at work earlier. I take a peek at the PAX website and saw Saturday badges available. I had an option to grab four but I only grabbed two. I was shaking with adrenaline. I finished the purchase so quickly and went back to the website out of curiosity. Sold out. Wow.

robirex on
    6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2016
    It was not a slip of the finger, it's a reference to Star Wars. I am not indicating any multi-wave registration plan.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Definitely a smoother buy this time. As far as I heard, no trouble in queue like last year. New price point hurt a bit, and no single 3-day, but so it goes. Time to file for vacation!

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    Starr_szStarr_sz Gamer's Mom NJRegistered User regular
    robirex wrote: »
    I was on a conference call at work earlier. I take a peek at the PAX website and saw Saturday badges available. I had an option to grab four but I only grabbed two. I was shaking with adrenaline. I finished the purchase so quickly and went back to the website out of curiosity. Sold out. Wow.

I was shaking too the whole time when I was completing the first registration ticket purchase! Glad you were able to get the tixs you needed

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    For those previously asking about the new language on the registration page, it has been updated to the following:
    NO exchanges or refunds. Tickets to PAX East are non-refundable and non-upgradeable.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    As of 1:23 PM PT, Friday Badges are sold out.
    <edit> They are still available if you click through to Showclix. They just show as sold out on PAX site.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    I still see them on Showclix.

• Options
    I still see them on Showclix.

Interesting, me too. Said I could buy 4.