As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] BY FIRE BE PURGED

1939495969799»

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Supagoat wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Secondly, an accurate representation from a sample only happens if that sample is random enough. There's no reason to believe it is here and the actual data we have from the actual people with all the data says something so different it's safe to assume that the sample is far from random.

There's no reason to believe the data isn't a random sample. The assertion that people only upload their wins is pure imagination. There's not even any point to doing that. Nobody goes around showing people their amazing hotslogs winrate when their real mmr is 1000. People use hotslogs to get insight into their own play and to provide data for the hero and map statistics we utilize.

There's been a repeated anti-hotslogs bias forever. Although I will say that it hasn't happened quite as much as it did but it used to be that every time an OP or UP hero was released people said that hotslogs wasn't accurate, blah, blah blah, but in every case hotslogs has been right.

The fact is that the data on hotslogs is perfectly good for what we use it for, and I don't care if it's not good for things we don't use it for. I don't need to know an exact count of QM played. I just wanted to see a ballpark, and the ballpark was right.

So if you don't want to use it feel free to not use it, but please stop arguing that its data is wrong or that it's fundamentally flawed because it just isn't.

The bias is not that people only upload wins, it's who uploads period.

And given we just got literal actual figures just now, we can make actual comparisons about both the accuracy and the bias involved.

It's likely accurate enough to give a crude idea of winrates and the like. Enough to know that, say, Samuro is stupid OP. But we can show now that the data is still very flawed.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    How does Varian switch between loadouts?

Talents? I'm looking at this kit and nothing seems indicative...

He doesn't switch between loadouts. At 10 you basically pick your style and get an ult and a major stat adjustment to go with it. There's a few other big talent choices at 4 for defence vs offence but it's mainly 10 where you pick tank or assassin.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Another note, to add on to my big ol' Brawl post:

I logged in to HotS this morning feeling a lil' bit stressed. I was like, "Man, I do NOT want to do QM or any kind of regular game cause losing WILL tilt me hard. But I still wanna play HotS."

So I was like yo fuck it Brawl time let's go.

And even on the games that I lost it was just fun. I was having fun and it was entirely 100% stress free and it felt GREAT.

Brawl is something HotS has needed for a long, long time and I'm very glad it's here now. There's enough incentive to play it for the rewards, it's fun enough to continue playing after, and it's a fucking great reprieve from normal gameplay, especially when you just want to chill the fuck out.

i love it

I'm glad people like brawl. I just cannot understand why. But that's irrelevant since the people who like it seem fine with it.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    why is abathur in an aram mode.

just end the game instantly and stop wasting everyone's time if that's how you're gonna do it. first game and we had literally zero damage, zero ranged, 2 supports 2 warriors and abathur, we got 1000% steamrolled and never even got a kill because we were against malf and bw. there's a reason league lets you reroll sometimes in aram, because that's just a waste of 15m of everyone's time.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    New thread's up

• Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    I haven't been a huge fan of the other brawls, but I do really like this ARAM. It's closer aligned to the regular game with talent picks and similar gameplay, but yeah it's lighthearted and fun just to do without caring too much about the result.

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    why is abathur in an aram mode.

just end the game instantly and stop wasting everyone's time if that's how you're gonna do it. first game and we had literally zero damage, zero ranged, 2 supports 2 warriors and abathur, we got 1000% steamrolled and never even got a kill because we were against malf and bw. there's a reason league lets you reroll sometimes in aram, because that's just a waste of 15m of everyone's time.

We played a game against an abathur and a samuro. Six Samuro's is STRONG.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Missed the new thread.

forty on