As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Age of Triumph: Everything Old is New Again! The Vault of Glass Beckons!

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    FWC accepting Spinmetal. Aksis challenge live.

Challenge Spoiler
    Apparently it's to use the supercharge plate for every stun

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    So, is the banana starting in about seven hours again?
    Not that I'm home by then, but...

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Can't believe how hard we got thrashed last night.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

Challenge Spoiler

Yeah, it makes the fight a fair bit more reminiscent of Oryx

It's... hard

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Thanks to entaru and AngrySquirrel for the trials run. I may stay out of trials until I get a striker up and running, the format requires skills I don't have yet and a class that's actually useful and getting fucked hard over and over again isn't exactly fun. It isn't not fun but at some point I want to win, just a few times.

A few things. Some of those teams were top teams. We were totally going to get eaten by a team with 7 wins no matter what (unless they throw themselves off of the map 5 times)

The best way to eventually win at trials is to lose a lot. I know that sounds counter productive but the practice is the key as I was saying last night.

We've already gotten better. We won some rounds and we had much better play than last time. It just takes a lot of time to get up there. We might or we might not but the only way to do it is to keep going in and learn.

I used to be really good at this shit 20 years ago and the only way I did it was playing every day against some really amazing players. But then we were also playing quake so most of my talent and skill is in a one weapon at a time environment which would explain a lot of my proclivities. I've got gun skills but I don't have grenade, three weapons, a super, and 17 other things skills.

So practice is the only way for me to get out of that mindset.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Thanks to @metaghost and BrianRyan420 for the two Trials runs. I know our group tends to hate trials for many reasons and some of our matches certainly weren't fun. The lag probably wasn't helped by having members in California, Boston and Bermuda.

After those two runs my book is completed and I have the final emblem from it.

• The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Grifter wrote: »
    Thanks to @metaghost and BrianRyan420 for the two Trials runs. I know our group tends to hate trials for many reasons and some of our matches certainly weren't fun. The lag probably wasn't helped by having members in California, Boston and Bermuda.

After those two runs my book is completed and I have the final emblem from it.

I like hanging around party chat when Grifty is running Trials, because his cries of despair are entirely too amusing.

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Thanks to entaru and AngrySquirrel for the trials run. I may stay out of trials until I get a striker up and running, the format requires skills I don't have yet and a class that's actually useful and getting fucked hard over and over again isn't exactly fun. It isn't not fun but at some point I want to win, just a few times.

A few things. Some of those teams were top teams. We were totally going to get eaten by a team with 7 wins no matter what (unless they throw themselves off of the map 5 times)

The best way to eventually win at trials is to lose a lot. I know that sounds counter productive but the practice is the key as I was saying last night.

We've already gotten better. We won some rounds and we had much better play than last time. It just takes a lot of time to get up there. We might or we might not but the only way to do it is to keep going in and learn.

I used to be really good at this shit 20 years ago and the only way I did it was playing every day against some really amazing players. But then we were also playing quake so most of my talent and skill is in a one weapon at a time environment which would explain a lot of my proclivities. I've got gun skills but I don't have grenade, three weapons, a super, and 17 other things skills.

Another huge thing is knowing the maps and especially the call outs for the maps. As I was saying last night not knowing the call outs other than the spawns and B was killing my ability to properly let you guys know where the enemies are. This was made even worse by not having a radar to help with situational awareness. I really need to take some time and learn all the proper call outs and make sure I'm talking a bit more to keep you guys informed, both before and after my death.

On the bright side just playing a fuck ton of IB this week will help us all gain more knowledge of the maps as well as the A,B,C call outs for them.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular

Yeah I don't want you guys to get the wrong idea, I had a good time. I'm just grouchy because I hate losing, especially when I feel like I could have done better, and I don't necessarily want to jump in that grinder again until I feel like I'm ready to at least halfway succeed.

• EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular

Challenge Spoiler

I haven't gotten into HM yet but I have a few NM clears and I had no idea that this was even a mechanic in the fight until you made me google it.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    edited November 2016
    I am on Pins and Needles waiting for the vendor rolls on the IB gear.

I am excited for Control IB, Folks. Super Excited.

Seidkona on
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Destiny needs to let me call in my titan; I feel lost without my Ronin.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    I'll be ready for some nannering tonight after work if anybody is actually on...

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Last night, I knocked out the last two FoTL quests, so I think I got everything but a ghost, the candlelight shader and the fire wolf helmet. not going to lose any sleep over it.

Then I dabbled with a sidearm in control, and had a pretty amusing time with it.

@ElementWrath - I really wouldn't have minded playing. I think it would have been interesting. As I understand it, there was no radar? That would have made it that much easier to overcome the disadvantage of my present light level.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Can you do the Masker Plan quest on multiple characters to get multiple boxes? I pretty much haven't played for 90% of the event, need to get it done at least once.

You can. 3 total free boxes.
    Fawst wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not too upset about not getting anything great out of FotL. It was a fun time for the music, and the hilarioustupid broom. But I'm not gonna spend real money to maybe get the one item I want out of 28 possible results. I'm not against in-app purchases, but dammit, do not turn it into a fucking gamble. Is it going to break the game if I pay you directly for a Ghost Ghost? Come on. Same with Praise the Light. That is basically the only emote I want, and I'm not gambling on that, either.

Did you miss it when it was available for sale directly? EDIT: This is in reference to the Praise the Light emote, not the Ghost Ghost.

It turns out I did! I didn't play for like 7-8 months so I'm guessing I didn't see it.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Patch Notes:
    Destiny Hotfix - 11/08/16
    0h - Destiny Dev Team
    2.4.1.1 The one about Engrams.

This patch is intended to improve the quality of life in Destiny: Rise of Iron.

Activities
    Strikes
    • Fixed an issue where The Taken Archon Priest in the Winter's Run Strike was not dropping Skeleton Keys at the intended rate
    Crucible
    Maps
    • Fixed an issue where players were able to access the rooftops on Skyline

Items
    • Fixed an issue where Rise of Iron Vanguard and Crucible weapons were not decrypting from Engrams
    • Fixed an issue where Comitatus was continuing to not drop properly from Faction Packages for players who own Kondratyuk's Escape
    • Fixed an issue where Armor decrypted from Dusty Engrams was dismantling into Legendary Marks. It will now dismantle into 1 Silver Dust
    • Removed Silver Dust cost to apply Iron Lord, Trials of Osiris, and Heroic Mode Raid Armor Ornaments
    • Players will now earn SIVA Key Fragments at an overall increased rate.
      The first time a Raid boss is killed on Normal difficulty they will drop three SIVA Key Fragments. For the next kill that week, they will drop two, and then one for the third kill that week. After the fourth or greater kill, the boss will no longer drop SIVA Key Fragments for the week. The same behavior will occur for killing Heroic bosses

Specifically:
    • Fixed an issue where Comitatus was continuing to not drop properly from Faction Packages for players who own Kondratyuk's Escape

... please please please please let this be the fix that works.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
    Fixed an issue where Rise of Iron Vanguard and Crucible weapons were not decrypting from Engrams

Yay!

... please please please please let this be the fix that works.

Seems to have been the case. Just got my Comitatus from the third package I opened.

edited November 2016
    Last night, I knocked out the last two FoTL quests, so I think I got everything but a ghost, the candlelight shader and the fire wolf helmet. not going to lose any sleep over it.

Then I dabbled with a sidearm in control, and had a pretty amusing time with it.

ElementWrath - I really wouldn't have minded playing. I think it would have been interesting. As I understand it, there was no radar? That would have made it that much easier to overcome the disadvantage of my present light level.

Next time I play Trials I'd be happy to have you along. I felt like reduced damage on shotguns due to your light level would put you at a tremendous close-range enagement range-to-kill disadvantage. Channeling something Booker said earlier where he suggested that increased impact (i.e. damage) equates to increased range because more falloff is required to lose the lethality of the shot.

ElementWrath on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I didn't even know Winter's Run was appearing in either of the Strike queues.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Vendor Roll Cryptic Dragon is godroll:
    PerfectBalance/ Braced Frame
    Snapshot/Casket Mag
    Counterbalance/Life Support

jeeeezus

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Snapshot/Casket Mag

jeeeezus

Haha... pulse rifles are to Destiny as shotguns are to Gears of War. :pop:

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Snapshot/Casket Mag

jeeeezus

Haha... pulse rifles are to Destiny as shotguns are to Gears of War. :pop:

Hahahaahhah holy shit, the only thing that's missing from that would be High Caliber Rounds. Fucking amazing!

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    If that thing had HCR instead of maybe the last set I would be all over it. Hell, it is probably still absurdly fantastic. Need me a Perdition because I cannot imagine the Grasp/Dragon not getting nerfed at some point.

Can't wait for that to be the only primary weapon I see in Crucible for several months.

I almost sort of feel like the IB weapons are a way to give everyone really great weapons as a send off to Destiny 1.

Before we're all using nega-light super 10 whites in Destiny 2.

Can't wait for that to be the only primary weapon I see in Crucible for several months.

You're going to see me using it.

sorry. . .(not sorry). .

sorry. . .(not sorry). .

Not saying I wouldn't use it.

edited November 2016

sorry. . .(not sorry). .

Not saying I wouldn't use it.

You get a Clever Dragon! You get a Clever Dragon! You get a Clever Dragon!

Everyone gets a Clever Dragon!

Seidkona on
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    God dammit bungie... give me solid green bars or balanced matches... one... just pick one... I will settle for either one of those two things.

But I'm so tired of playing against teams who's emblems look like some jacked up bastet hydra with a scarab tail, half of whom can't manage a decent connection.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    I just realized I have enough Flawless ornaments for a full set on my Hunter... if only my stats on these pieces didn't suck

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Khraul wrote: »
    God dammit bungie... give me solid green bars or balanced matches... one... just pick one... I will settle for either one of those two things.

But I'm so tired of playing against teams who's emblems look like some jacked up bastet hydra with a scarab tail, half of whom can't manage a decent connection.

Solid green bars in Destiny dont really mean anything.

Sirialis on
    Don't mind Siri, the wifi on the international space station is rough

Don't mind Siri, the wifi on the international space station is rough

If the servers were hosted on satellites we'd all be better off.

metaghost wrote: »

I thought they removed it from rotation because of the Skeleton Key issues? At the same time when they changed the Nightfall from Winter's Run.

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular

This is going to lead to either a) a weapons rebalance or b) one of the more monotonous, boring meta's we've had in awhile.

I'm just gonna grind as close to 5 as I can today and try to get mine before IB devolves into some horrible Skyrim mod

edited November 2016
    rndmhero wrote: »

This is going to lead to either a) a weapons rebalance or b) one of the more monotonous, boring meta's we've had in awhile.

b) and then a) way after the fact. As they do everything.

If something's been broken for months, you can bet they'll patch all the less important shit first.

ElementWrath on
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    On reddit, and the Bungo forums, Cozmo was looking for feedback on primary weapons balance as it looks like they think secondaries are too stronk right now and primaries need a pass.

(On my phone and don't have a link to it, but either thread shouldn't be too hard to find.)

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

I thought they removed it from rotation because of the Skeleton Key issues? At the same time when they changed the Nightfall from Winter's Run.

Oh, maybe. I just read it like a hilariously roundabout way of saying "we put Winter's Run back into rotation", which felt appropriately Bungie.

This discussion has been closed.