As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PokemonGO] used Draining Kiss on BATTERY! It's super effective!

19596979899101»

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    yeah in NYC (I realize I am an outlier for living here) literally every gym was level 10 so I could either train against it for no benefit or siege a level 10 gym by myself

not very fun. just walking around to get groceries a minute ago I could see the gyms were lower level and could conceivably be trained up or attacked

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I would actually love to see gyms affect the nearby spawns. Like if the gym was a water type you would see more water regardless of the actual environment.

camo_sig.png
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Another unintended consequence of this change now is that bubblestratting is pretty much the only way to viably train gyms now without blowing away all your items.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »
    Another unintended consequence of this change now is that bubblestratting is pretty much the only way to viably train gyms now without blowing away all your items.

Yeah, it's a real poke in the eye to anti-bubblestraters. People on reddit are complaining that now Bubblestrat and Magikarp Method are pretty much the only viable way to get a gym over 20k without blowing all your potions, and they ain't wrong.

3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    I haven't seen a dedicated space but at least the first catch of the day shows it up.
    jaragok0ctgo.png

I didn't see anything for the Pokéstops, but I usually spin the thingy and close that screen. It gives the items immediately and can be useful (used to be) when driving past several stops close together.

Edit: while out for a prolonged walk/Pokéwalk, I saw one of these in a gym for the first time.
    8f42a6eui9s7.png

Pokestop one looks like this. Don't ask me how I am on a 3 day streak!

pr7bjd91ftxz.png

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Looks like I can move my character around my neighborhood by playing while holding my phone in my (empty) metal kitchen sink. The idea of a low tech GPS hack is pretty cool, not that I'm looking for ways to cheat. I wonder if it would even be possible to control where my character goes by moving something around my phone to interfere with the GPS.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Is there a tracker yet?

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Their GPS polling seems broken after the update. I keep getting "Going too fast" messages just sitting here at work.

I walked down to the cafeteria to grab some breakfast and got told by the game that I was going to fast.

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    A friend of mine used to put his phone under a metal bowl to mess with the GPS so that he could reach a pokestop that was just out of reach of his house.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »

reddit are complaining

There's a shocker!

So between Nov 7th and the 11th they've increased the Pokemon spawns. My house had a BOATLOAD of Pokemon when I loaded it up this morning.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Pokestop rewards are at least doubled for me. I get 6-9 items every time.

I went for a walk to get the daily pokestop bonus today, but you reckon all pokestops are giving more items??

If so I might head out to my usual farm and stock up, I'm all out of balls.

It was nice to get 12 items from that stop though.

steam_sig.png
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Today I have 7, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7, 6, 6, and 12 (from bonus) items. Yesterday was all 3s and 4s.

Dang, that's pretty good. And convincing, certainly.

steam_sig.png
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Good, I had run out off balls again. I still think I will be out of balls, because they spawn more.

Also on curves, I guess me continualy curving is why it seems the pokemon don't run as much as others seem to say fo rme.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
    A Venonat from a 5K egg? Come on that's 2K trash! What a shame

Yeah, RIP.
    (That is trash though.)

I'm still annoyed by how few 10K eggs I've gotten so far.

steam_sig.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    yea pokestops are throwing out way more items than it used to

also crazy spawns. my app crashed a bunch of times due to so many spawns

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Pokestops are giving tons of items, which is GREAT AND I LOVE IT.

Also spawns have definitely increased- my local market traditionally had 3, maybe 5 Pokemon in it + parking lot. Yesterday and tonight it had 10+.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    My roommate found a Snorlax on the way home from work yesterday.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I think we need a new thread, folks.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yep, new thread time.

geth, close the thread

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.