As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2016 - GIFTING COMPLETE!

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    At this point, I am happy to be sneaky imp for things!

but once i get a look at the budget, this might change!

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Hey, I can afford to do this this year!
    How you doin, Satan?

Keeping them horns sharp? Those hooves shined? Damn, even got that goat leg fur did! Looking good Satan!

I'm a fella with a lot of varied tastes (If you stalk my posting, you'll see I'm all over the place), mostly for games and toys of varying stripes, because that's what I like in my life as far material things go, but also for lots of different media. Take a look at my amazon wishlist here. Should give an idea of what I would like to receive. While I'd prefer things from this list, don't feel hidebound to stick specifically to it. (Though I'd hew pretty closely at least for the Warmachine stuff just to avoid duplicates) Another piece of advice, if you're thinking of ordering from one of the older lego sets, save yourself the time and pain and pick it up from Bricklink.com, tends be best place to shop around unless you've got an inside track on where to get good lego.

I'm an avid runner of RPGs both online and in person, so things related to that would be great as well (Especially if you can round up players who may or may not mind doing a one shot or two for funzies! Honestly, the gift of people wanting to sit and play a game with me would be a fantastic one to get) If you check the RPG thread both here and in CritFailures, you'll see I've got a sizeable library of RP books (Most of the big stuff and a lot more of the little ones besides) In this case, I'd likely be happy with a 5e PHB (Just a started a Strahd campaign with some friends), more dice, or some lego plates so I can start using my collection to build dungeons.

I've been doing things for a Star Wars LARP as of late, so if you want to nuts and paint up a cool nerf gun before sending it out, that'd be fun. I'm also looking at getting a lightsaber from somewhere like saberforge.com so that'd be a cool thing to get. That or if you want to somehow help me get an upgraded set of Mandalorian Armor that'd be boss.

On that note, probably best to address clothing. If you do decide to get something for my husky self, these days I sport a XXL in shirts, and a 44 waist in the pants. Back in the day, I used to hate getting clothing, now I love it cause I like getting to change up my wardrobe for different occasions!

2 last things to close out my post here. 1 thing I will ask in addition to what ever you decide to send me this year Satan, I would like a gift from the heart. Whether you make it yourself, or something that you would love to share as friend, I would like that from you. I have received hand crafted letters and beloved books in previous exchanges and I cherish the sincerity with which such things are given, lending that extra personal touch to the proceedings.

The final thing I will say is my birthday is on January 5th, and generally marks the close of the holiday festivities among my family. It will be my 30th Birthday this coming January of 2017 and anything you can do to help my stave the existential dread such an anniversary brings would be sorely appreciated. Thank you very much for taking the time to participate this year and I look to fulfilling our dread compact.

Warmest Wishes for you and the lovely Mrs. Satan,
    Matev

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Uhhhhh I just got gifted. Are you assigning folks as you go? This is the only gift exchange thing I signed up for this year so if not...what the hell?

Anyway, here's a short lil gift post:

I'm home sick from work today and my brother knocked to tell me something while I was playing a competitive match in Overwatch. I told him I was kinda busy and he said something through the door that I couldn't hear. When I went out to check, he had went out (which was one of the things I could discern from him through the door) and there was a big box outside my bedroom.

700D3eY.png?1
    ORJy8Oy.jpg?1

Also there was no note. So thank you, Zachary V, for my delicious and cool gifts.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Nope, that was just a random act of kindness! Nobody's been assigned yet!

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    So last year i sent some stuff, and promised other stuff would be coming. It never came. Why? Because I sent it out like yesterday @Goose! uh maybe you should watch an eye for a package coming your way in the next week or so, as a late part 2 of my Secret Satans gift from last year.

@Goose! - I think this is your explanation.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yep @Goose! Thats the part 2 of your gift from LAST Secret Satans that I promised and promised and promised and just kept forgetting to send.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Hahaha, awesome! I vaguely remembered the name but I wasn't sure. Thanks, buddy!

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Gonna give this another go.

Wishlist:
    I am very easy to gift for, which of course means I am often difficult to gift for because saying you are easy to gift for gives you way less to work with than a very specific set wishlist.

Regardless, my main interests are: Pokemon, Epidemiology, Cephalopods, Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks

I have all the Pokemon games, but I love getting merchandise from the series (I got a stuffed pikachu last Secret Satans).

I read lots of books. I mostly read high fantasy, and some of my favourite authors are Guy Gavriel Kay, J. R. R. Tolkien, George R. R. Martin, L. E. Modesitt Jr., Brent Weeks, Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson, Ursula K. Le Guin, Terry Pratchett, etc.
    If you think you know an author I'd be interested in, giving me the first book in a series they've written would be great!
    If there's a really good book in a different genre I'd be thrilled to read it too. I sometimes need encouragement to step out of my established preferred genre, but I'll give anything a shot!
    You might want to ask through a third party before getting me any books, 'cause I've read a lot!

I collect Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks. These are choose-your-own adventure books originally published by Puffin Books. I have all the common books and am now filling my collection with some of the rarer (and more costly) titles (mostly by snagging up deals on eBay). If you'd like to get me such a title, I can provide a list of the books I'm still searching for.

I have a Steam account, sirfabulous. I think it's easy to find my wishlist? I can post it if not. I like playing video games although I have been somewhat busy this past year and haven't played as much as I used to.

If you're feeling extra generous, I've also been looking for a headset/mic that doesn't suck ass, so that I can talk to people online without sounding like I a trapped in the bowels of the Nightmare Realm.

Other interests: Board Games, Star Wars, Comic Books

These are things that I like but I don't really own anything related to.
    I play board games with my friends, but have only bog standard Risk/Monopoly/the like, so if there's a cool game out there I'd love to have it.
    Star Wars and Comic Books the same thing. I like 'em, but don't know too much about 'em (I have seen movies and read wikis essentially). If you know a lot about stuff, send me something that you think will kickstart my descent into a fandom or something.

Booze and snackies are literally always acceptable. I'm sure that your faves will be my faves (except lasagna, or should I say lasgagna. Don't send me any lasagna please).

If you're an artsy person and want to hand-craft or paint or draw or something, (I would die if I had to do this), that's cool too!

Things to avoid: Clothes, TV Shows, Movies.
    I have too many clothes and I'm giving them away.
    I don't really watch TV or Movies and I'd hate to see your gift languish.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have questions about anything.

And last of all, Thank you so so much you mystery person!
    I know I'll be thrilled with whatever I get!

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Yep @Goose! Thats the part 2 of your gift from LAST Secret Satans that I promised and promised and promised and just kept forgetting to send.

That Skragg that keeps on Skragging.

• CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    It's been a long time since I participated in one of these. I'm really excited to see who I get!

Here's my wishlist:
    Hi! I'm a 27-year-old Canadian guy who works in film and television. My shirt size is small. My interests include video games, podcasts, long-distance running, and dinosaurs.

My only gaming platforms are a 3DS and an old laptop. I'm into things like Undertale, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Metroid and the Legend of Zelda, as well as story-focused indie games (I loved 80 Days and Read Only Memory). My collection is pretty small, though, and I'd be happy to get anything you think is worth playing. I'm also into the Super Smash Bros Melee competitive scene. I main Jigglypuff.

I desperately need new running socks because all of mine are disintegrating from overuse.

I'm super into dinosaurs. My favourites are ankylosaurs but all dinosaurs are great. For awhile I've really wanted a book called All Yesterdays, about speculative dinosaur reconstructions, but I haven't been able to pick it up yet. I'd be thrilled about any dinosaur-related stuff; books, clothes, knick-knacks, whatever.

I like comics, particularly the works of people like Ryan North and Noelle Stevenson, but I haven't bought anything in years because comics are crazy expensive. I'd like to get physical copies of stuff so I can stop checking things out of the library. I'm also interested in checking out some of Ryan North's other work, like "To Be Or Not to Be". On the subject of comics, I'm a huge Homestuck fan.

A quick look at my post history should tell you everything else you might need to know about my interests. I'm also into Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, the work of the McElroy Brothers, and tabletop RPGs. If you're a former who likes to make stuff (drawing or knitting or anything), and you were thinking of making something as part of your Secret Satan gift, please do! I'd be really happy to get something handmade in lieu of any of the stuff listed above.

I have a twitter.
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I think I have to sit out this year. My January is so up in the air right now that it seems like it would make it too complicated to even receive gifts (let alone send them.)

• RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    I think I have to sit out this year. My January is so up in the air right now that it seems like it would make it too complicated to even receive gifts (let alone send them.)

What about December? We should know who we're getting by the end of November.

• MrDoctorProfessorMrDoctorProfessor Registered User regular
    Hola El Diablo
    Things I like -
    Im a pretty easy person. I play video games (RPGs, FPSs, Action, Adventure, Puzzle..pretty much everything, if you love it, chances are I will)

I have a all the gaming systems minus PS4.

Ive finally found a group to D&D/Pathfinder, so any awesome minis/dice, things of that nature would be awesome

I like to read (Name of the Wind type fantasy, Culinary History, Cookbooks)

I love to cook

I love quirky things like juggling, Poi, Diabolos, magic tricks, wooden/metal puzzles - Pretty much anything I can do to show off some little talent to other people

I want to learn to play the violin

and Im totally 100% super fine with anything NSFW (maybe just shoot me an anonymous PM or something, just so I dont open it in front of the kiddo.)

Im around an XXL for shirts, 12 for shoes

I love knee socks with cool designs

Ive got a 10 year old daughter so pretty much anything we can do together is awesome. We can normally be seen wearing superhero masks and jousting with the Nerf swords at toys r us. Shes totally into robots and coding and such now as well.

If you have any cool snacks, those would be awesome too. If you live in Japan, I would love every crazy flavor of kit kat. ALL OF THEM!!!

Pretty much though, I will love anything that is gotten for me and keep it forever and evers.

Im also super into board games now.

Here is my Amazon wishlist. Also, if you do buy anything from here, I do ask that you let it update it on the list since my family will be buying off of here as well
    http://smile.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/29AZVZYEIW71N/ref=topnav_lists_1
    And here is my steam list!
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985227750/wishlist
    Happy Holidays!

noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Rayze wrote: »

I think I'll be around so I can always get my stuff out before I go, but I know part of the fun is waiting to see your person post receiving your gifts and I'm not sure how much access I'll even have to things during that time. I don't want to make things complicated for someone else.

My favorite time of year. Not just the joy of giving someone a gift, but the fact that I can mooch off of everyone else wish list to update mine.

noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    creeping other people's wish lists is an important christmas tradition

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Rayze wrote: »

I think I'll be around so I can always get my stuff out before I go, but I know part of the fun is waiting to see your person post receiving your gifts and I'm not sure how much access I'll even have to things during that time. I don't want to make things complicated for someone else.

You can always ship your things to my place, and we can reroute them if necessary!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So I guess this is going to be a pretty quiet year, huh?

Was there a flood of last minute signups the last few years?

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I still need to send a email. I'll do that right now.

Start of Suggestion Post

Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/56AEIB6BSPVE/

Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Virgil_Leads_You/wishlist/
    What's going on with me right now. I'm currently working on a few tabletop boardgame ideas.
    I could use inspiration and tools in that regard.
    I have a new nephew that I love. Any plushy 1 yr old friendly toys or blankets would be cherished.
    I might move to a new place. It's hard to say. I will def always have access to this address, and would keep you updated if I do move.
    I appreciate you looking into my world a bit, and seeking some joy to give.
    I love food, if you are interested in pursuing that avenue. Thank you for your time.
    I hope to see a bit of what you're about, and I hope we both have some merriment this winter.
    LOVE- Virgil

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
    I just want to throw a quick thanks out to the folk that organize this every year. Thanks for being a bright spot to cap off this tire fire of a year. Its nice to have something positive to look forward to.

noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I somehow overlooked this thread for the past 9 days and am just *so happy* that it's still open.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    alright, time to trawl through a dozen wishlists to steal ideas for mine so that I can sign up for this

trying to creatively do something nice for someone else would feel really good right now.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    A New Challenger Approaches!
    Hello! I'll be updating my links to include the wishlist for this year, but honestly I just have a wishlist because i have to have one.

I like to make secret Satan's about learning about new people, so if you have things you love that you want to share then by all means send it my way! In the wishlist I linked to an action figure and I'm going to collect that series but it's MOSTLY for the combining figure of Juggernaut because I like Juggernaut.

Other likes include: Ghost Rider, Ace Combat, WW2 aviation, Elder Scrolls Online, Armored Core, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Michigan State Spartans, Tubas, Star Wars, Vikings (not NFL) etc.

Things I dislike: University of Michigan.

I mostly play PC games, though mine is getting up there in years and it can't handle newer things. I WISH it could handle Star Citizen! I'm also down for Google Play, and Amazon gift cards. I love getting new music/movies and I've been making the move to digital. Also I'm always down for some art, if you're artistic; I will proudly display any DaMoonRulz avatar made by a forumer

http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1GKSQDB4QSNN0

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Another reminder: by appending smile. to the beginning of an Amazon link, you can make purchases in which a portion of all moneys spent go to the charity of your choice, including Planned Parenthood, Child's Play and many, many others.

If you have posted an Amazon wishlist, there's really no good reason to not have it be a smile.amazon link.

Use smile.amazon.com.

It's fucking free.

8406wWN.png
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    (Be aware smile.amazon.ca doesn't exist and amazon.com doesn't always have products which ship to canada or other countries).

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Another reminder: by appending smile. to the beginning of an Amazon link, you can make purchases in which a portion of all moneys spent go to the charity of your choice, including Planned Parenthood, Child's Play and many, many others.

If you have posted an Amazon wishlist, there's really no good reason to not have it be a smile.amazon link.

Use smile.amazon.com.

It's fucking free.

ok, I got the smile thing in my sig

where do you go to choose your charity?

also, can this apply to just normal stuff I buy from amazon?

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    For example, I just updated my personal donation preferences to donate to Northwest Immigrant Rights Project.

There are thousands of charities you can support, including over 100 different local Planned Parenthood groups. Since the program began it has distributed over $32 million to charities.

Take a second and update your links.

8406wWN.png
    Xaquin wrote: »

Use smile.amazon.com.

It's fucking free.

ok, I got the smile thing in my sig

where do you go to choose your charity?

also, can this apply to just normal stuff I buy from amazon?

Absolutely. You can use this for every purchase you make from Amazon.

Once you've signed up for the program (I believe you just have to visit a smile.amazon.com link when you're signed in and you'll be prompted) you should have the option to select your charity under the search bar.

8406wWN.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    You can also see if your charity of choice has a redirect link to Amazon or other retailers - Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary has this bear of a link that if you start your shopping there donates a full 8% of your purchase (vs .5% of your purchase). I always forget to go there first though so I have an amazon smile setup anyway.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Wooo satans!
    I'm still working on it, but here's my wishlist so far: https://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/3QAOXTWUP2KID

Anyway, hi! I'm a 31 y/o male and my wife and I are expecting our first child in March, a boy!! So if you can think of (or make) any fun newborn stuff that would be pretty cool for all of us.

If you like to bake, or have any favorite foods or desserts you really enjoy, feel free. We both have a sweet tooth and no allergies.

Just to clarify from the list, I don't actually have an xbox 360 anymore, I added the controller to use with Steam games.

There were some other games I'm fairly interested in, but they all seemed to be strangely priced or unavailable on amazon... those were Mad Max (PS4), Wolfenstein The Old Blood (also PS4), and Red Dead Redemption on PS3. I've been meaning to play the latter forever, but keep forgetting about it and it seemed really inconsistent on amazon every time I looked for it. My Steam profile is available in my sig as well.

One thing that would be great is some new gaming dice! I no longer have any sets of my own and I'm getting back into dnd with some friends. I'm not too worried about what brand nor color, though shades of blues or greens are probably best.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    Nullzone wrote: »
    So last year i sent some stuff, and promised other stuff would be coming. It never came. Why? Because I sent it out like yesterday @Goose! uh maybe you should watch an eye for a package coming your way in the next week or so, as a late part 2 of my Secret Satans gift from last year.

@Goose! - I think this is your explanation.

BTW, you gotta do "Goose!" when you @ me. That's why I missed these posts and didn't know at first. Makes sense. Thanks again, Zach!

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    I literally just type "@g" and it fills in the rest so idk

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Goootta get into this

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    hey, lists in the OP are updated as of this morning

again if you've sent an email to [email protected] and you don't show up on that list, please send me a PM!

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I keep trying to compile an amazon wishlist, since that would be easier than the vague guidelines I offered before, but I inevitably get lost down the rabbit hole of badass Lego sets I want to buy for my brother's kids.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    my wishlist
    Charity
    The Trevor Project
    Planned Parenthood
    ACLU
    Southern Poverty Law Center
    mix and match as you please
    Art Supplies
    Sketchbook
    Pencils
    Canvas panels (not necessarily those particular ones, get whichever you want to)
    Brushes
    Paint
    Kitchen
    Infrared Thermometer
    Probe Thermometer
    Honing Steel
    Garlic press
    Other
    iTunes Gift Card
    Amazon Gift Card
    Any other art or kitchen related thing you wanna get me

Tam on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Heres my Amazon wishlist link:

http://a.co/cStV5Bx

Thats just an idea of things! If your looking at tossing some guy some PC parts I could use a new LGA 1150 Mother Board for my computer and I could always use a new video card.

I also love handmade things! I am a large nerd both in size and interests. I wear 11 1/2 Extra Wide shoes, a 3XLT shirt, and I hate all pants and think they should be banned.

Uh thats about it!

• DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Here is my wish list:
    Amazon
    ThinkGeek

These are mostly just guidelines and if you find something wonderful to share that is not on a list, please do so. I am an avid reader and am always looking for new books/authors. Sci-fi, historical fiction, military fiction (I am a huge Tom Clancy fan), I'm willing to read just about anything.

Also, if you happen to live outside the Pacific Northwest, I am a chef and love trying new recipes from other parts of the world, so cookbooks are always appreciated. Also ingredients and baked goods. No worries about food allergies here!

I have a surplus of nerdy t-shirts, but if you find an awesome one, I wear a unisex/men's large or women's 3X. I am, however, always looking for new geeky earrings.

So you don't have to pull out your rusty divination skills to figure out my interests from my Amazon wish list, here are some things I like:
    - Board games
    - Doctor Who, Firefly, Outlander, RWBY
    - Star Wars
    - cooking/baking
    - reading
    - Disney
    - I have a PS2 that I still use on a regular basis, so games for that
    - laserdisc movies
    - general nerdly items

The only thing I ask that you not send is Cards Against Humanity. We have all of the packs.

DashD on

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Wishlist Post
    http://a.co/0Nx2fJJ

Hello!

In addition to the Amazon link above here is some stuff about me:
    I am also known as Perrsun on Xbox, PSN, and Steam (and most other online communities). You can see my game histories on those various communities to see what kind of stuff I like to play. Lately I've been playing Guild Wars 2, Overwatch, and trying to get through some backlog games. I was very generously gifted Fallout 4 on PC last year, but I haven't put much time into it as I've been considering building a new computer for the past year, and keep thinking I'll play it once I do, but then I don't... and so on. I am also trying to get better at fighting games, and have been trying to get out and try new things, like meeting the local fighting game community.

My Last.fm profile is also linked in my sig to see what kind of music I like.

I generally wear Men's Large shirts.

The biggest life event this past year was: My wife and I bought a house, so we've been doing a bunch of fixing things around the place and trying to decorate and replacing old furniture... stuff like that.

I will try to update the wishlist as I go, so don't be surprised if new things appear in the next few weeks.

I am not particularly good at creating things like art or handmade stuff, so if you are that would be super cool.

Thank you. :D

Perrsun on