As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Post US Presidential Election 2016 Thread

TubeTube Registered User admin
The election is over! Trump won! No one has the energy for a long OP today!

Keep it cool guys. I know everyone is hurting but let's try to be excellent to each other.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Since it got cut off by the death of the last thread

Mandate is a purely theoretical construct that assumes elected representatives actually represent the will of their constituents

Which is a really quaint and optimistic idea

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    tumblr_lusbbtqJTD1r67hdro2_1280.jpg

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular

Oh boy

I look forward to dealing with this in the classic British way, by watching a very clever person complain about it in a funny way

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Appearently there is a non zero number of Trump supporters who seem to think that if they kill Obama now then Trump can move into the White House earlier. Thankfully it seems to just be some crazies on 4chan but really people? Fuck off.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Contract your local Democratic Office, ask what you can do.
    Look for volunteer opportunities.
    Look after your own, especially the marginalized.
    Grieve how you need to, for how long you need to, but the work is waiting for you.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I still just can't believe it

It's rough.

This is rough.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    well

fuck

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    http://www.the-postillon.com/2016/11/nuclear-codes-lost.html
    Wednesday, 9 November 2016
    Oops! Obama lost all nuclear codes overnight

I wish

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I really like the purple & black combo she's rocking.

Talking about peaceful transfer of of power and we owe the president a chance to lead. Then straight to come out in 2 years. Goddammit, she would have been great. Fuck

Just over here being teary eyed at work.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    I feel like this speech is a eulogy for our country. :(

No I don't.
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular

Talking about peaceful transfer of of power and we owe the president a chance to lead. Then straight to come out in 2 years. Goddammit, she would have been great. Fuck

I didn't even have the resolve to watch. I will probably get around to watching it tomorrow or the day after.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    gonna use this thread to dump whatever I can find that could aid people in the coming weeks

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Clinton would've been perfect after Obama, to cement some of the progress he made socially.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to join a political party for the first time. It won't help America and it might not even make any difference in the UK, but I've got a nephew being born today and I need to feel like I'm doing something to try and slow the ruin of his future.

• Options
    I feel like this speech is a eulogy for our country. :(

You had a good run and even a somewhat high note at the end there with Obama.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Also something that got cut off in the last thread: Don't push Jon Stewart for summer slam 2020. The dude retired from The Daily Show because he couldn't take the political bullshit anymore and he just wants to live a peaceful life. He deserves it, don't take that from him. (I know no one's legitimately pushing him, but I feel bad for the guy every time that comes up, as that's the last thing he must want).

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    The republic will survive, I'm sure

A lot of individuals along the way won't though

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    Any French? Frexit is the next global battleground.

Frexit is the last domino left. If it falls, the EU is done, the west is done. Everyone go home.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    How do you fail an IQ test, America?

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Don't stay silent.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    America elected an actual dictator, and is now in a slow slide towards a dictatorship.

The only resistance towards it is internal, how much of the system itself resists the man.

Given that the Republicans control the entire government, I'm gonna go with "not much"

I am so afraid right now.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I hope the courts are ready for some real constitutional tests in the coming years.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular

I didn't even have the resolve to watch. I will probably get around to watching it tomorrow or the day after.

It was quite beautiful. And painful.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Welp, at least stock markets didn't crash this morning, despite all the freaking out international markets did last night.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I hope the courts are ready for some real constitutional tests in the coming years.

They're going to be helmed by Trump's SC Justice

So....they aren't

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Jephery wrote: »

Frexit is the last domino left. If it falls, the EU is done, the west is done. Everyone go home.

France has a real problem because they have absolutely not done enough to integrate minorities.

They would have to straight up elect elect the "national front" TotallyNotNazis for a Frexit though, I think? France are still not fans of Nazis as a whole for some reason

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    From early exit polls it seems like the end result was driven by a handful of factors:
    Trump's inflammatory rhetoric not reducing his support or boosting opposition as much as expected
    Low voter turnout overall, but particularly among minorities when compared to their support for Obama
    Trump's populist, "everything is broken and I am the only one who can fix it," message strongly resonated with older, whiter, and richer demographics

How do the Democrats get together and combat this in the next two to four years? Because it seems like one of the strongest options is to find a charismatic individual who can channel the energy of Obama into another "Hope and Change" message. I don't know if strong policy can help a candidate anymore; the only thing that matters is how strongly they can sell their message.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

It's called adiEU.

• Options
    With the way media works now, showmanship as electability is the natural evolution.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    My friend gave a compelling argument on Oprah eventually running.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »

They're going to be helmed by Trump's SC Justice

So....they aren't

Maybe I'm wrong in this but it seems to me that puts us pretty much where we were when Scalia died.

I know Scalia may have reached across the ail once or twice but he wasn't the only one.

And also forgive me if I'm wrong but I know that there are Republicans in the house who are more moderate. Maybe not as many as we'd like because of the tea party but some. There have been congressmen who won't vote down Obamacare unless it can be replaced by something the deem good enough. Maybe none of thats good enough but I don't see the point in throwing in the towel.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular

France has a real problem because they have absolutely not done enough to integrate minorities.
    Well. I'm sure they THINK they have. But their idea of integration seems to be "abandon every last shred of your disgusting so-called 'culture' or get out of my fucking sight."

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »

No way it actually passes, but...I'd be ok with giving a large swath of the US (including most of my in-laws) the middle finger. Also, I'd totally let ya'll crash at my place.

Huh...
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Look - if we're just going to start electing loudmouth celebrities with no history of public service, if that's just a thing we can do now, when do I get to vote for John Stewart?

I know this was probably a joke but I bet he could win.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    My friend gave a compelling argument on Oprah eventually running.

Man, if you thought the attacks on Hillary were bad...

I cannot even begin to imagine.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    mcp wrote: »

This feels relevant to marco rogers' twitter thread about how white liberals form enclaves

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.