As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Explosive blubber [Dishonored 2]

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I'm trying to do a no-powers run. Possibly a mistake, but I'm not ready to give up on it yet.

I beat Dishonored 1 + dlc on the highest difficulty, ghost and clean hands. This game has about 2x 3x the amount of dudes packed into the same given amount of space, and they're about twice as observant and I'm only on medium. It's so crazy I'm wondering if there's something bugged with the difficulty settings.

august on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Last night while playing I was getting some real weird stuff with civilians randomly freaking out and calling the guards on me/spotting me. Given I'm trying to Ghost every stage, having otherwise indifferent civilians suddenly spot me and call the guards is real annoying. I don't even do anything, and they don't always do it, but why do they just suddenly get terrified of me and run screaming? I haven't got my weapons out, I haven't knocked anyone out, they haven't seen me doing any crimes, they're just scared of me.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Last night while playing I was getting some real weird stuff with civilians randomly freaking out and calling the guards on me/spotting me. Given I'm trying to Ghost every stage, having otherwise indifferent civilians suddenly spot me and call the guards is real annoying. I don't even do anything, and they don't always do it, but why do they just suddenly get terrified of me and run screaming? I haven't got my weapons out, I haven't knocked anyone out, they haven't seen me doing any crimes, they're just scared of me.

Depends on if you're obviously not supposed to be there, like a mansion. But yeah if it's out on the streets that's not right.

• Options
    august wrote: »

Depends on if you're obviously not supposed to be there, like a mansion. But yeah if it's out on the streets that's not right.

I think it might be something to do with AI not resetting on quick load, because they could have spotted me before I reloaded and then keep the behaviour that they're scared of me even when I've done nothing this time around.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I had something like that happen

Some lady saw me choke out a guard, so she ran and alerted the guards, but I managed to hide

Then I think she found a new place to stand around and when I approached her she freaked out again, even though I wasn't in a place I shouldn't be

I think it was because it was the same NPC I had spooked earlier

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I definitely hadn't been spotted yet, I was making damn sure of that.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Just finished the first mission and got my powers and stuff
    Mom is judging the shit out of me for all those murders I honestly might go back and non-lethal it

Except that fucker who betrayed me and killed my personal guard

I'm still throwing him out a window

also I missed two paintings? I didn't even see paintings with an option to take them

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Mom is judging the shit out of me for all those murders I honestly might go back and non-lethal it

also I missed two paintings? I didn't even see paintings with an option to take them
    The paintings are pretty hard to find a lot of the time. Typically they're portraits of recognisable characters or on display to be grabbed. The captain of the guard that betrayed me? I knocked him out, took my signet ring back, and locked him in the panic room forever. He'll die in there. I don't know how that's considered the non-lethal option.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

The paintings are pretty hard to find a lot of the time. Typically they're portraits of recognisable characters or on display to be grabbed. The captain of the guard that betrayed me? I knocked him out, took my signet ring back, and locked him in the panic room forever. He'll die in there. I don't know how that's considered the non-lethal option.

the description specifies
    he has a supply of water and barely enough food

also, technically it's not non-lethal, it's non-chaos

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016

the description specifies
    he has a supply of water and barely enough food

also, technically it's not non-lethal, it's non-chaos

and in theory
    they would be able to break in and get him out eventually so he's got enough rations to survive until then

seriously though the heart is so disappointed in me

I'm gonna try not to kill as many people later I guess, just seemed like killin the folks who staged a bloody coup made sense

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Okay two and a half hours for that first mission and I missed 2/3 of the gold, this is not gonna be a game I can rush through

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    can you even do a no-power run as Corvo?
    considering he's already been marked

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Okay two and a half hours for that first mission and I missed 2/3 of the gold, this is not gonna be a game I can rush through

If the sequel is anything like the original, trying to get all the gold is the path to madness

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    can you even do a no-power run as Corvo?
    considering he's already been marked
    I know that when I picked Emily that Delilah just stole his mark off him when he tried to teleport around the joint to stop her. She probably does that then he gets away or something.

• Options
    Kirin Jindosh
    Couldn't let him live, given how annoying his robots were to fight

Killed him by shooting the head off one of his clockwork soliders and let it do the rest

Poetic justice

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I kinda feel like Corvo should be a New Game Plus thing, and you shouldn't be able to play as him the first time

I GUESS it's fine to just let people have that from the jump, but the story is centered around Emily in such a way that not having her be the player character is just weird

Even when you have the decision, they don't let you make an informed one

You have no idea what the differences between the two characters will be when you choose

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So, i've been finding runes that just seem completely inaccessible in the first two major levels
    like something behind a grate in a canal in the first level of karnaka, and the basement in the hospital

Are these just only available on corvo's playthrough or am i just completely missing something?

• Options
    Lalabox wrote: »
    So, i've been finding runes that just seem completely inaccessible in the first two major levels
    like something behind a grate in a canal in the first level of karnaka, and the basement in the hospital

Are these just only available on corvo's playthrough or am i just completely missing something?

That first one
    I got by cooking a grenade and lobbing it through the grate so it blew up the blockage and the rune just dropped out. Haven't gone to the institute yet so can't help on the second one.

• Options
    edited November 2016

That first one
    I got by cooking a grenade and lobbing it through the grate so it blew up the blockage and the rune just dropped out. Haven't gone to the institute yet so can't help on the second one.

I though it'd be something like that but i never quite commited. Thanks

Lalabox on
  • Options

That first one

Well my first attempt
    I didn't cook the grenade, I just threw it. Of course, there is water flowing out of that grate, so all I got was a live grenade that slowly bobbed towards me.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular

That first one

Well my first attempt
    I didn't cook the grenade, I just threw it. Of course, there is water flowing out of that grate, so all I got was a live grenade that slowly bobbed towards me.
    You can just shoot the blockage with a crossbow bolt.

• Options

The second one
    Climb on top of the elevator and shoot the wires so that it crashes into the basement

• Options
    edited November 2016
    On mission five or so and I think I'm gonna have to forego my no powers run for the time being - it's just the goddamn worst. At least with the way saves are managed it will be easy to go back to it, maybe bump the difficulty down to easy and finish it off.

august on
  • Options
    PC patch is coming in a few days

Think I'm gonna wait til then

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I haven't had any issues so far

Besides relearning how to play video games because dishonored has the weirdest binds

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Nothin' to see here.....

EHMf09Rl.jpg

• Options
    I haven't had any issues so far

Besides relearning how to play video games because dishonored has the weirdest binds

I had to swap the mouse bindings

I am not left clicking to use the thing in my right hand and right clicking to use the thing in my left hand, video game

That's what a crazy person would do

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

I think it might be something to do with AI not resetting on quick load, because they could have spotted me before I reloaded and then keep the behaviour that they're scared of me even when I've done nothing this time around.

Think there's something to this, like they spawn in they world already alerted. Also, guards in this are just way too fucking observant. The first level to get to the ship is gonna be a big "fuck you" to any new players who want to try to ghost things.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I feel like going through the first level as a ghost would be basically impossible without constant quick saving or at least having done it once all the way through already

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I feel like going through the first level as a ghost would be basically impossible without constant quick saving or at least having done it once all the way through already

I just did it with about 5 reloads and it was reasonably ok. But I feel like when you get seen it's less like "I fucked up" and more like "Really? REALLY?"

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Anyone on PS4? Any impressions?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

I just did it with about 5 reloads and it was reasonably ok. But I feel like when you get seen it's less like "I fucked up" and more like "Really? REALLY?"

Yeah I feel like a lot if the stuff thats gonna get you is the stuff it it is almost impossible for you to have had any information about because you have no powers yet

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm in the second mission and I'm carrying a submission-critical body out of a building and there's a group of people nearby that shouldn't be able to see or hear me but when I cross the threshold they FREAK THE FUCK OUT. While I was farting around trying to get a way out of ir before reloading I hit a guy with a sleepdart and when the dart took effect after a second his body launched into the air like there was an explosion.

august on
  • Options
    The AI is definitely reacting to the body instead of me so I threw it through the doorway then ran before I could be spotted then dealt with the enduing chaos.

• Options
    Anyone on PS4? Any impressions?

It's beautiful and more Dishonored but some of it seems to have a Bethesda level of QA polish for me so far.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    First mission dropped me p deep into High Chaos.

But those fuckers deserved it!

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    On the one hand, I appreciate it telling me on each level how many runes, charms, etc I found.
    On the other, I'm finding that my OCD won't let me continue until I find all the big stuff. (With treatment, I've learned to accept missing 1000 money)
    I've got all the paintings on mission 2, but one of the blueprints eludes me.
    I would be prepared to spend a lot of runes to upgrade the heart to point out more collectibles. Heck, I'd buy it as DLC.
    Story speculation:
    If Meghan isn't Billie Lurk, the developers really want me to think she is.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    I'm happy as long as I get all runes and charms

You'd have to methodically sweep every level to do anything more, and that would burn me out really quickly

• Options
    The levels are really huge in this one. And super vertical.

There are so many open windows that are so high up.

• Options
    I just now realized that you can tab to other gear when you're in the upgrade screen at a Black Market

Oh well, at least my crossbow is kitted out