As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

RIP Leonard Cohen

YaYaYaYa Decent.Registered User regular

tynic-SPI-MidnitesarukunSweeney TomHermanoVegemyteDarth_MogsNartwakBloodsheedRomanian My EscutcheonCalica

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Go the fuck away 2016.

You've done enough.

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    tynicXaquinBroloArdolTheStigSweeney TomVegemyteDarth_MogsNartwakMagic PinkBloodsheedRomanian My EscutcheonCalica
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular

liEt3nH.png
    tynic
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    All right. Whisky it is. Can't deal. Just, no.

Fuck off and die.
    tynicSweeney TomNartwak
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I always thought Leonard Cohen was incredibly underrated. He wrote some of the most amazing songs ever written but never really had the fame and popularity he deserved.

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    GrobiantynicNartwakBloodsheedCalica
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    FUCKS SAKE

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Raijin QuickfootnaengwenjgeisHermanotynicNartwakBloodsheed
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    Fuck

Raijin QuickfootnaengwenjgeistynicNartwakBloodsheed
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    I always thought Leonard Cohen was incredibly underrated. He wrote some of the most amazing songs ever written but never really had the fame and popularity he deserved.

Well what more can you ask for than Shrek.

liEt3nH.png
    21stCentury
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Heart with no Companion has been my anthem for more than half my life. Fuck this.

Fuck off and die.
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    His new album "You Want It Darker" is pretty excellent and everyone should check it out.

2016 can eat my shorts.

Lost SalientSweeney TomFAQtynicNartwakBloodsheedCalica
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Well, I wasn't going to get drunk tonight.

*heavy sigh*

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Nartwak
  • FearghaillFearghaill HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

knitdanakajaybaytynicBloodsheed
  • FearghaillFearghaill HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

Maybe in the U.S. - in Canada he's pretty widely held to have been one of our greatest poets

Caedwyrtynic21stCenturyCalica
  • simosimo Registered User regular
    fuuuuuuuck

gonna go read some book of longing

bugss2.jpg
  • President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    Go the fuck away 2016.

You've done enough.

There is a crack in everything.

It's how the light gets in...

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Well this is possibly the least surprising one, but it's still sad, nonetheless

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

Sweeney Tom
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular

Yeah, but then a few days after that he said "I intend to live forever."

tynic
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular

crying forever

eat a dick, 2016

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    Raijin QuickfoottynicBloodsheed
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    A fitting song to express the talents of the man while also grieving.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    God fucking damn it, 2016

I mean, yeah, you took Jack Chick and that's great, but that hardly makes up for everything else this year.

8406wWN.png
    Sweeney Tom
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

Yeah, but then a few days after that he said "I intend to live forever."

Well, he will.

President EviltynicFencingsaxThe Escape GoatCalica
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hey, guys, this is still fuckawful, if you didn't know.

Leonard Cohen is one of a handful of musicians who have really, truly been a solace to me in dark times.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    Raijin QuickfoottynicBloodsheedPeter Ebel
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    This is the worst. Just the worst. Leonard Cohen, his music and his poetry mean so much to me, have influenced if not outright formed who I am today.
    It breaks my heart

5FEdw1A.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    well, at least this is in fitting with the themes of his music.

this is actually the thing that introduced me to Leonard Cohen.

Melding on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2016
    Cohen has been the soundtrack on my path to sleep on more angst-ridden nights than I can count. Even when their subject is darkness or anguish, the beauty and parsimonious elegance of his words are a comfort to my heart.

I'm not angry about this one, it was his time. I'm sad that the world has lost one of its great poet laureates, especially during these ...inauspicious days.

tynic on
    Lost SalientPinfeldorfFAQHermanoel_vicioRaijin QuickfootSweeney TomOmnipotentBagelBloodsheedCalica
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    so folks are just gonna release hugely acclaimed albums and then die from now?

tynic
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Robert Vaughn just died.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    FAQ wrote: »
    so folks are just gonna release hugely acclaimed albums and then die from now?

Well, it beats the hell out of the rest of us, who just do nothing particularly noteworthy, and then die, instead.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

TheStigCalica