Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

191012141533

Posts

  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Wait, you're a vegan but you don't like vegetables?

    So what do you eat?

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Wait, you're a vegan but you don't like vegetables?

    So what do you eat?

    Water... Ice... Steam.

    Click HERE for a Stylish add-on that removes the Agrees/Awesomes/etc on posts on Penny-Arcade.
  • cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Canadian Santee.....Wednesday.

    ArcticLancer
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif


    So! I got home to my parcel and it seems it's been ordered FROM new Zealand(On account of it being paid in NZD :P) . An order via the book depository in the UK.
    Pretty sizeable parcel
    fs33azrl94au.jpg


    Holy moly these are so cool!
    8311c3vb67ps.jpg

    Thing is, i'm ASSUMING these are secret santa related - on account of there being no note inside. So if they are - thank you SO MUCH.
    I don't do nearly as much reading as i should (i'm starting to get a backlog of books bought for me that before long could rival my steam backlog), and I don't do anywhere as much cooking as i should (none pretty much) so if this can turn a vegetable-phobe like me into someone who can cook actual vegan meals (ten points for understanding i'm vegan and going with something along those lines btw) then this is perfect!

    Seriously. Thanks so much. This is a great present.

    It wasn't the end! Why wasn't it the end?!

    I guess @DyasAlure was my secret santa because...
    ce53hmoy6c0b.png

    Thanks sooooooo much!

    NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my Let's play channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
    ArcticLancerArcSynStabbity StyleRadiationDaxterMaxTheRoadVirusElvenshae
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    why hello new game that I just impulse purchased....

    PSN: jfrofl
  • see317see317 Taco Count 2017: 61 Registered User regular
    What is "Ker Blam"?
    Is this a steam thread thing? I don't think I've seen it before this year, then all of a sudden, Ker Blams all over the place.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It's one of the things you put in Steam messages.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Stabbity StyleElvenshae
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    Quical wrote: »
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif


    So! I got home to my parcel and it seems it's been ordered FROM new Zealand(On account of it being paid in NZD :P) . An order via the book depository in the UK.
    Pretty sizeable parcel
    fs33azrl94au.jpg


    Holy moly these are so cool!
    8311c3vb67ps.jpg

    Thing is, i'm ASSUMING these are secret santa related - on account of there being no note inside. So if they are - thank you SO MUCH.
    I don't do nearly as much reading as i should (i'm starting to get a backlog of books bought for me that before long could rival my steam backlog), and I don't do anywhere as much cooking as i should (none pretty much) so if this can turn a vegetable-phobe like me into someone who can cook actual vegan meals (ten points for understanding i'm vegan and going with something along those lines btw) then this is perfect!

    Seriously. Thanks so much. This is a great present.

    It wasn't the end! Why wasn't it the end?!

    I guess DyasAlure was my secret santa because...
    ce53hmoy6c0b.png

    Thanks sooooooo much!

    You know, as much as you think it is me, I'm not your secret Santa. Lets see, I'm not secret Santa, we all ready have Easter Bunnies, I'm the Thanksgiving Turkey, and I want to stuff things. Yes that's it, stuff presents at you.

    Merry Christmas just the same.
    see317 wrote: »
    What is "Ker Blam"?
    Is this a steam thread thing? I don't think I've seen it before this year, then all of a sudden, Ker Blams all over the place.

    I don't know where Ker Blam started, but yeah it is a steam thread thing.

    Do a search for Ker Blam on the forums and you will get a lot of steam thread. Some reason I blame @Pixelated Pixie for this.

    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    QuicalElvenshae
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Quical wrote: »
    Quical wrote: »
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif


    So! I got home to my parcel and it seems it's been ordered FROM new Zealand(On account of it being paid in NZD :P) . An order via the book depository in the UK.
    Pretty sizeable parcel
    fs33azrl94au.jpg


    Holy moly these are so cool!
    8311c3vb67ps.jpg

    Thing is, i'm ASSUMING these are secret santa related - on account of there being no note inside. So if they are - thank you SO MUCH.
    I don't do nearly as much reading as i should (i'm starting to get a backlog of books bought for me that before long could rival my steam backlog), and I don't do anywhere as much cooking as i should (none pretty much) so if this can turn a vegetable-phobe like me into someone who can cook actual vegan meals (ten points for understanding i'm vegan and going with something along those lines btw) then this is perfect!

    Seriously. Thanks so much. This is a great present.

    It wasn't the end! Why wasn't it the end?!

    I guess DyasAlure was my secret santa because...
    ce53hmoy6c0b.png

    Thanks sooooooo much!

    You know, as much as you think it is me, I'm not your secret Santa. Lets see, I'm not secret Santa, we all ready have Easter Bunnies, I'm the Thanksgiving Turkey, and I want to stuff things. Yes that's it, stuff presents at you.

    Merry Christmas just the same.
    see317 wrote: »
    What is "Ker Blam"?
    Is this a steam thread thing? I don't think I've seen it before this year, then all of a sudden, Ker Blams all over the place.

    I don't know where Ker Blam started, but yeah it is a steam thread thing.

    Do a search for Ker Blam on the forums and you will get a lot of steam thread. Some reason I blame @Pixelated Pixie for this.

    Oh of course. You're from Seattle.

    Stop jacking other santa's santees, Dyas!
    You're like a santa jacker.

    NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my Let's play channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Quical wrote: »
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Quical wrote: »
    Quical wrote: »
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif


    So! I got home to my parcel and it seems it's been ordered FROM new Zealand(On account of it being paid in NZD :P) . An order via the book depository in the UK.
    Pretty sizeable parcel
    fs33azrl94au.jpg


    Holy moly these are so cool!
    8311c3vb67ps.jpg

    Thing is, i'm ASSUMING these are secret santa related - on account of there being no note inside. So if they are - thank you SO MUCH.
    I don't do nearly as much reading as i should (i'm starting to get a backlog of books bought for me that before long could rival my steam backlog), and I don't do anywhere as much cooking as i should (none pretty much) so if this can turn a vegetable-phobe like me into someone who can cook actual vegan meals (ten points for understanding i'm vegan and going with something along those lines btw) then this is perfect!

    Seriously. Thanks so much. This is a great present.

    It wasn't the end! Why wasn't it the end?!

    I guess DyasAlure was my secret santa because...
    ce53hmoy6c0b.png

    Thanks sooooooo much!

    You know, as much as you think it is me, I'm not your secret Santa. Lets see, I'm not secret Santa, we all ready have Easter Bunnies, I'm the Thanksgiving Turkey, and I want to stuff things. Yes that's it, stuff presents at you.

    Merry Christmas just the same.
    see317 wrote: »
    What is "Ker Blam"?
    Is this a steam thread thing? I don't think I've seen it before this year, then all of a sudden, Ker Blams all over the place.

    I don't know where Ker Blam started, but yeah it is a steam thread thing.

    Do a search for Ker Blam on the forums and you will get a lot of steam thread. Some reason I blame @Pixelated Pixie for this.

    Oh of course. You're from Seattle.

    Stop jacking other santa's santees, Dyas!
    You're like a santa jacker.

    b1d7f2e406be082c9da7c194f065ed99.jpg

    31502614.jpg

    Edit:

    So this is turning out good. I have more plans in place. More stalking happened. And one note to my Santa. While Mrs. Alure does not post on PA, she is on steam. Also, I don't give out her profile, but others have found it. I don't know what info she could help with, but just throwing it out there.

    DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    Quical
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Warning: Mothership Reporting Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    see317 wrote: »
    What is "Ker Blam"?
    Is this a steam thread thing? I don't think I've seen it before this year, then all of a sudden, Ker Blams all over the place.

    When you gift someone a game on Steam, Ker Blam is one of the options for the "Sincerely" section of the message. For example:

    dkhTXxR.png

    Stabbity Style on
    SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle | Twitch: stabbitystyle
    MNC DoverArcSynElvenshae
  • minirhyderminirhyder NYCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    A package is en route and is expected some time next week. Also, there will be a second package that will arrive later with treats from the great white north.

    I love the great white north! I'm very excited!

    minirhyder on
    Elvenshae
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I partial to "Game on", but I've been staying out of the steam thread after tripling my backlog.

    jswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=10zfegkyoor3b.pngSteam:ArcSyn
    SniperGuy
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I partial to "Game on", but I've been staying out of the steam thread after tripling my backlog.

    Even if I had a computer that was able to play more games my console lineup right now is all consuming.

    In progress:
    Dragon Quest 7
    Dragon Quest Builders
    World of Final Fantasy
    Destiny (they dragged me back)

    Coming up:
    Final Fantasy 15
    Dragon Quest 8
    Persona 5

    I have also committed to finally studying to get my CCENT certification as step 1 to CCNA. I'm also angling for a promotion at work so I need to be on point there. Cross your fingers all.

    steam_sig.png
    3DS 1461-7082-5181 --- PS4 Hypacia
    Stabbity StyleElvenshaeTheRoadVirusanoffday
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I partial to "Game on", but I've been staying out of the steam thread after tripling my backlog.

    I forgot Steam thread users ::cough:: @DyasAlure ::cough:: would see this as a challenge...

    zIxjDawl.png

    jswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=10zfegkyoor3b.pngSteam:ArcSyn
    KoopahTroopahlwt1973Stabbity StyleMNC DoverElvenshaeArcticLancerminirhyder
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I partial to "Game on", but I've been staying out of the steam thread after tripling my backlog.

    I forgot Steam thread users ::cough:: @DyasAlure ::cough:: would see this as a challenge...

    zIxjDawl.png

    It was a pretty easy challenge... I'm just saying.

    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    Elvenshae
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

    Got the following from Proxy today:
    So, I've been stalking you for a bit, and I noticed you were asking about 4X and grand strategy games, which are two of my favorite genres. I've also noticed that, well ... You might need a way to take your mind off of things for a couple hours. And, while it's nominally against my religion to send Christmas gifts before Thanksgiving's passed, I decided to make an exception just this once.

    Below are the codes for one of my favorite games to come out recently and its first major expansion.

    I hope you enjoy them - drop by the dedicated thread if you've got any questions; the people there are friendly and happy to help!

    I hope you do okay in the next couple of weeks.

    <redacted>

    Merry (very, very early!) Christmas!

    Your Secret Santa

    The <redacted> are steam gift codes for Stellaris and it's expansion DLC, Leviathans.

    Your assessment is correct, Santa, a way to take my mind of of things is pretty much the greatest gift ever right now. <3

    Thank you. Thank you very, very much.

    <3 <3 <3



    Oh, and I'll keep your identity a secret for now, but, uh, for everyone else? When you send a Steam gift code as a URL, it tells you who the sender is and adds them to your friend list if they aren't on it already. So, you know, be aware. ;-)

    Houn on
    GroveStabbity StyleRadiationProxy the ElfMNC DoverBear is DrivingArcSynElvenshaeAntoshkaArcticLancerKoopahTroopahMyNameIsWalrus
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Amateur mistake.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    MNC DoverStabbity Style
  • Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    This is why Proxy is now a Steam-integrated-cheer-beast!

    You can send Proxy your game to forward on to keep the mystery alive. It's an integral part of every stalker/stalkee relationship!

    HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
    MNC DoverTheRoadVirusAntoshkaArcticLancerKoopahTroopah
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    This is why Proxy is now a Steam-integrated-cheer-beast!

    You can send Proxy your game to forward on to keep the mystery alive. It's an integral part of every stalker/stalkee relationship!

    You can do that, Or, you can send out so many steam gifts, that no one knows if I'm Santa or not.

    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I have double discount at work right now so I might be getting a One. Or PS4 Pro. More likely the One since I don't have a 4ktv. Just a heads up for Santa!


  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Dyas Alure just sent me Soul Axiom on Steam. I assume I should mention that here, rather than the steam thread, because he called himself "Santa Jacker".

    Thank you, not-my-Santa!

    Stabbity StyleElvenshae
  • see317see317 Taco Count 2017: 61 Registered User regular
    To my dread, my Santa has shown themselves to be a fan of puzzles.
    I, it turns out, am enough bad at merely identifying what is being asked of me, let alone actually solving a puzzle when presented with one.

    So, I turn to the Penny Arcade Secret Santa. If you could take a look at this and try to see what I'm missing here.
    From: See Santa
    Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 6:14 PM
    To:[redacted]
    Subject: Re: Do you

    See -

    Puzzle 1. This is a training puzzle. If you are comfortable with this, please either post the puzzle with your answer, or the puzzle asking for help in the thread. You will get more difficult puzzles, but I wanted to give you a chance to solve them.

    Santa

    wlophoull4bl.jpg

    What I've determined so far:
    All six squares are unique shades of grey.
    All are true grey, meaning the values for the RGB in the color pickers are identical for that shade of grey.
    These values are, left from right, 229, 26 (+) 201, 53 (=) 175, 79
    These values, written in hexadecimal, are E5, 1A (+) C9, 35 (=) AF, 45

    Looking at the default greys in Photoshop, the color values don't align.(though there are two rows of ten shades of grey ranging from white to black, thought that might align with 0-9)
    Paint only has four default shades of grey.

    I think I may be overthinking this beginner puzzle. It might be just math.
    If it's math, do darker greys equal higher single digit numbers or do lighter greys?
    Hmmm. I think that
    29 (+) 46 (=) 75
    might work?

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    ArcticLancer
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    What are the hex color codes?

    *edit* nvm I am dumb. You did.

    Houn on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    So I haven't posted much here (or anywhere for that matter), so Santa, if you're having trouble thinking of stuff, know that random stuff is always good. If you need more hints:
    I have a PS4, XBox One, and 3DS.
    I like books
    And wrestling
    And comics
    and movies
    I'm 3 or 4x




  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    To my dread, my Santa has shown themselves to be a fan of puzzles.
    I, it turns out, am enough bad at merely identifying what is being asked of me, let alone actually solving a puzzle when presented with one.

    So, I turn to the Penny Arcade Secret Santa. If you could take a look at this and try to see what I'm missing here.
    From: See Santa
    Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 6:14 PM
    To:[redacted]
    Subject: Re: Do you

    See -

    Puzzle 1. This is a training puzzle. If you are comfortable with this, please either post the puzzle with your answer, or the puzzle asking for help in the thread. You will get more difficult puzzles, but I wanted to give you a chance to solve them.

    Santa

    wlophoull4bl.jpg

    What I've determined so far:
    All six squares are unique shades of grey.
    All are true grey, meaning the values for the RGB in the color pickers are identical for that shade of grey.
    These values are, left from right, 229, 26 (+) 201, 53 (=) 175, 79
    These values, written in hexadecimal, are E5, 1A (+) C9, 35 (=) AF, 45

    Looking at the default greys in Photoshop, the color values don't align.(though there are two rows of ten shades of grey ranging from white to black, thought that might align with 0-9)
    Paint only has four default shades of grey.

    I think I may be overthinking this beginner puzzle. It might be just math.
    If it's math, do darker greys equal higher single digit numbers or do lighter greys?
    Hmmm. I think that
    29 (+) 46 (=) 75
    might work?

    In GIMP the values are 90, 10 + 79, 21 = 31, 69. Each set adds up to 100.

    jswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=10zfegkyoor3b.pngSteam:ArcSyn
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    If it helps, this is very familiar to another forum puzzle from some time in the past, though I can't remember who.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • see317see317 Taco Count 2017: 61 Registered User regular
    Update from my Santa on his puzzle.
    Santa sends the following link:
    http://www.purplemath.com/modules/rounding.htm

    So, apparently on the right track, but there's some rounding to do somewhere.
    But it's almost 10pm here, and my brain is tired from panicking over some credit card fraud I discovered and dealt with instead of attempting to assign values to assorted greys.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

    Oh, man. I saw this late afternoon, but I'm at a technical conference right now and haven't had a chance to make a proper post all day. I'd say you planned this Santa, but I'm pretty sure there's no way you could have possibly known? ...Or could you?

    m462u6c9d989.png

    Yessssss! I looove Sanderson. I've only finished Warbreaker and the first two books in the Mistborn trilogy so far (the third is waiting temptingly on the shelf). Thank you!

    2b7ez8zs2lfi.png

    And the second one?! Thank you!!! ^_^
    I actually went to see a Sanderson panel at DragonCon a few months ago and heard him read a few non-spoiler flashback excerpts from book 3. It's a thing that partially exists!

    fzb537j4606o.png

    Sweet! I've actually read this one (and really enjoyed it), and somehow missed putting it on Goodreads. But the rest of the series is also great? And apparently Amazon lets gift recipients swap out books?
    Golden_Idol_grab.jpeg

    Gonna do so much reading. Thank you Santa! Merry Christmas!

    Bear is DrivingProxy the ElfArcSynElvenshaeArcticLancerKoopahTroopahMyNameIsWalrusTheRoadVirusKendrik
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Hey hey hey, Sanderson is a writing machine, Santa. Dude's always working on three books at once, you'll get your third book like the rest of us soon enough.

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    Elvenshae
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Wait, you're a vegan but you don't like vegetables?

    So what do you eat?

    I do like vegetables now depending on how they're cooked

    I ate meat probably every day for 20 something years. Supremely fussy eater until I went vegan and was forced to expand my horizons. Still find it difficult sometimes though.

    NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my Let's play channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Update from my Santa on his puzzle.
    Santa sends the following link:
    http://www.purplemath.com/modules/rounding.htm

    So, apparently on the right track, but there's some rounding to do somewhere.
    But it's almost 10pm here, and my brain is tired from panicking over some credit card fraud I discovered and dealt with instead of attempting to assign values to assorted greys.

    Yeah, I'm too busy to try digging into this today, but I wish I could. The only thing I'd toss out here is to maybe consider your username at some point, being 6 characters long as well. I'll be really curious to see where it ends up all the same~

  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Elin wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I partial to "Game on", but I've been staying out of the steam thread after tripling my backlog.

    Even if I had a computer that was able to play more games my console lineup right now is all consuming.

    In progress:
    Dragon Quest 7
    Dragon Quest Builders
    World of Final Fantasy
    Destiny (they dragged me back)

    Coming up:
    Final Fantasy 15
    Dragon Quest 8
    Persona 5

    I have also committed to finally studying to get my CCENT certification as step 1 to CCNA. I'm also angling for a promotion at work so I need to be on point there. Cross your fingers all.

    Yeah, my PC these days can't run the big AAA titles anymore, so I'm mostly playing indies, mmos, and older gog games. That's ok though, because I've got a big backlog on my xbox, ps4, and wii u.

    anoffday on
    steam_sig-400.png
    XBL and PSN: AnOffday
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    OK, it's after Remembrance Day now, I'm allowed to enjoy Christmas publicly.

    Stage 1: Trees!

    t7sNlPRh.jpg

    do8JiC6h.jpg

    Stage 1.5: Clean up all the empty boxes.

    Stage 2: The Giftening Commences!

    I'm still on Stage 1.5 but I anticipate a speedy resolution.

    Big ClassyKoopahTroopahMyNameIsWalrus
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    To my dread, my Santa has shown themselves to be a fan of puzzles.
    I, it turns out, am enough bad at merely identifying what is being asked of me, let alone actually solving a puzzle when presented with one.

    So, I turn to the Penny Arcade Secret Santa. If you could take a look at this and try to see what I'm missing here.
    From: See Santa
    Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 6:14 PM
    To:[redacted]
    Subject: Re: Do you

    See -

    Puzzle 1. This is a training puzzle. If you are comfortable with this, please either post the puzzle with your answer, or the puzzle asking for help in the thread. You will get more difficult puzzles, but I wanted to give you a chance to solve them.

    Santa

    wlophoull4bl.jpg

    What I've determined so far:
    All six squares are unique shades of grey.
    All are true grey, meaning the values for the RGB in the color pickers are identical for that shade of grey.
    These values are, left from right, 229, 26 (+) 201, 53 (=) 175, 79
    These values, written in hexadecimal, are E5, 1A (+) C9, 35 (=) AF, 45

    Looking at the default greys in Photoshop, the color values don't align.(though there are two rows of ten shades of grey ranging from white to black, thought that might align with 0-9)
    Paint only has four default shades of grey.

    I think I may be overthinking this beginner puzzle. It might be just math.
    If it's math, do darker greys equal higher single digit numbers or do lighter greys?
    Hmmm. I think that
    29 (+) 46 (=) 75
    might work?


    see317 wrote: »
    Update from my Santa on his puzzle.
    Santa sends the following link:
    http://www.purplemath.com/modules/rounding.htm

    So, apparently on the right track, but there's some rounding to do somewhere.
    But it's almost 10pm here, and my brain is tired from panicking over some credit card fraud I discovered and dealt with instead of attempting to assign values to assorted greys.

    Yeah, I'm too busy to try digging into this today, but I wish I could. The only thing I'd toss out here is to maybe consider your username at some point, being 6 characters long as well. I'll be really curious to see where it ends up all the same~

    Isn't there 8 cubes? Is there some kind of counting with 8's? You did 10 and hex, I know those. But are you sure that the "+" is a "+" and ""=" is an "=?"

    I'm not sure how rounding has anything to do with the number of cubes though.
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    To my dread, my Santa has shown themselves to be a fan of puzzles.
    I, it turns out, am enough bad at merely identifying what is being asked of me, let alone actually solving a puzzle when presented with one.

    So, I turn to the Penny Arcade Secret Santa. If you could take a look at this and try to see what I'm missing here.
    From: See Santa
    Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 6:14 PM
    To:[redacted]
    Subject: Re: Do you

    See -

    Puzzle 1. This is a training puzzle. If you are comfortable with this, please either post the puzzle with your answer, or the puzzle asking for help in the thread. You will get more difficult puzzles, but I wanted to give you a chance to solve them.

    Santa

    wlophoull4bl.jpg

    What I've determined so far:
    All six squares are unique shades of grey.
    All are true grey, meaning the values for the RGB in the color pickers are identical for that shade of grey.
    These values are, left from right, 229, 26 (+) 201, 53 (=) 175, 79
    These values, written in hexadecimal, are E5, 1A (+) C9, 35 (=) AF, 45

    Looking at the default greys in Photoshop, the color values don't align.(though there are two rows of ten shades of grey ranging from white to black, thought that might align with 0-9)
    Paint only has four default shades of grey.

    I think I may be overthinking this beginner puzzle. It might be just math.
    If it's math, do darker greys equal higher single digit numbers or do lighter greys?
    Hmmm. I think that
    29 (+) 46 (=) 75
    might work?

    In GIMP the values are 90, 10 + 79, 21 = 31, 69. Each set adds up to 100.

    Maybe these numbers need to be rounded?


    I'm not sure when I will check the thread again. I am off for the weekend. Santee, don't worry. I will get something done soon. I have plans in the works.

    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Your sins lay heavy upon you, defiler of souls Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Far be it from me to question your branding Square-Enix, but might I suggest a different name for your merchandise so I'm not looking at this front and center when I open a box?
    n76F90d.jpg

    Accumulation continues...

    ArcTangent on
    ArcSynMNC DoverStabbity StyleArcticLancerSwashbucklerXXElvenshaeJam WarriorKoopahTroopahvhannroyBursar
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I feel like I say this every year.

    Please no puzzles Santa. I would be absolutely horrible at them.

  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    As a reminder to my Santa; the wife, kiddo, and I will be out of town from December 2nd-18th. If you send your gift during those times, our house sitter will bring it in but I won't post anything until we get back home.

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Hope you're ready for something a little weird, Santee.

    Number One Tricky
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »
    Hope you're ready for something a little weird, Santee.

    How weird are we talking? Treats from an unknown country? Helicopter dongs? Severed heads? C'mon, you gotta give us something to work with...

    steam_sig.png Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
    Elvenshae
Sign In or Register to comment.