As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DMAC's Eberron Artwork

DMACDMAC Come at me, bro!Moderator mod
edited January 2007 in Critical Failures
While I haven't done anything official yet, I have done a lot of Eberron illustrations (mostly Warforged), both for my own amusement and for private commissions. I thought it might be cool to collect them all in one place.

As long as people are just using them in their own games and not reposting them anywhere, I have no problem with them being borrowed for visual reference.

Warforged Master Inquisitive
warforgedinquisitive.jpg

Shifter Monk
shiftermonkcolor.jpg

Warforged Monk
wfmonkcolor.jpg

Warforged Druid
wfdruidcolor.jpg

Warforged Paladin
wfpaladin.jpg

Shifter Ranger
ranger.jpg

Changeling Rogue and Sorcerer
changecolor.jpg

Warforged Sorcerer (cobbled together from pieces of other Warforged bodies)
scrapcolor2.jpg

Warforged Necromancer
wfnecro5.jpg

DMAC on

• Options
    n00bishn00bish Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Dammit, my jaw fell off and rolled away. Now I have to go find it. Thanks alot.

Sexy artwork.

n00bish on
    btrsig.jpg
  • Options
    WeZilWeZil Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I do declare, DMAC, but in that last picture, do I see a Toadforged?

WeZil on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2006
    Toadforged or Wartoad seems to be the consensus.

I can't believe those first pieces are over 2 years old now...

DMAC on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    That is awesome.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2006
    Jesus christ, those are gorgeous.

Very nice work.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Working on a new commission of a Xen'drik drow. I decided to start with a marker rough to get the details down:

xilik2.jpg

DMAC on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    the first warforged is mighty fancy, all with his monocle

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2006
    PipTheFair wrote:

All he needs is a pipe welded to his mouth.

Echo on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Echo wrote:
    PipTheFair wrote:

All he needs is a pipe welded to his mouth.

And a gold tophat.

And maybe a cane. A metal cane.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    Lando_GriffinLando_Griffin Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Really nice, I especially like how colorful they are, it is a nice contrast with a lot of the artwork you see in the official material (which is also quite excellent). Now, if only there was one of a Kalishtar monk...

Lando_Griffin on
    xfire sig: rustyaqualung
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I have to say, from an artistic point of view, the Kalashtar are boring as hell. They're basically just very pretty humans.

DMAC on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Have you done a Warforged Juggernaut?

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Not yet. The work I've posted here is pretty much everything Eberron I've done so far.

DMAC on
  • Options
    Lando_GriffinLando_Griffin Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    DMAC wrote:
    I have to say, from an artistic point of view, the Kalashtar are boring as hell. They're basically just very pretty humans.

Oh I understand that, and to a certain extent I agree, but I am still trying to understand any thematic commonalities they may have culturally. Essentially I am just trying to figure out what one of their monks would look like, and do so in a way that makes sense to me. But I can definitely understand how it would be more interesting to draw a warforged or shifter then a glowing eyed human.

Lando_Griffin on
    xfire sig: rustyaqualung
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I did a little pencil portrait of my 3rd level rogue, Roven Locke, this weekend. He's not for an Eberron game, but there's no reason he couldn't be used in one:

rovenpic1.jpg

DMAC on
  • Options
    Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm sure I've said this before, but I love your work, DMAC. I was surprised as hell when, flipping through the Dragonstar book that I purchased way back when, I saw that you had done some illustrations for it. The gold half-dragon was quite the dapper draconic fellow. I also can't believe how old some of these drawings are, because I remember seeing most of the WIPs in the threads you made for them.

P.S. Toadforged is <3

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Ha. Thanks guys.

The Dragonstar stuff feels like a very long time ago. I actually gave the half-dragon diplomat a fresh coat of paint a while after the book was finished.

halfdragonfinal.jpg

DMAC on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2006
    oh wow

that's lovely

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    xXSanguinariasXxxXSanguinariasXx Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    DMAC wrote:
    Working on a new commission of a Xen'drik drow. I decided to start with a marker rough to get the details down:

xilik2.jpg

How'd this turn out?

xXSanguinariasXx on
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wow, me of those are awesome. I've not looked too much into the Eberron setting but your Warforged immediately make me want to know more about them. That Warforged Druid is cool on so many levels. The Shifters look great too, really... Shifter-y.

Any chance you could PM me info on how you deal with private commissions?

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    How'd this turn out?

xilik9.jpg

As far as commissions go, people usually contact me with a description of their character and what sort of piece they're looking for (color or black and white, portrait, full body, etc.) and then I work out a price. I usually ask for at least half of the money up front and the other half on completion.

I'm currently working on 6 character pieces for a new Mutants & Masterminds book which are due next Monday...

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    That came out beautifully. I always love your D&D work. Was the white not intended to be bone, or did you change your mind about it?

xXSanguinariasXx on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Which white are you talking about? His armor is supposed to be made out of "white" scorpion chitin pieces.

There's also an alternate "sunnier" color version here:

http://www.darrencalvert.com/xilik10.jpg

DMAC on
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    How much would you be looking at for an individual human soldier from a certain culture? Black and white, full body shot. Just the sort of thing you'd put in a setting book to show the archetypal member of a race or culture. This is for an open-project I'm working with someone on so it really wouldn't need to be too professional looking, just something we can use to visualise our idea.

If we were to ask for 5 or 6 similar drawings on top of this would the price go up at the same rate?

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, I was referring to the chitin armor pieces. I kind of like the one with more sun, it brings out the color on the armor a lot better. Very nice piece, regardless.

xXSanguinariasXx on
  • Options
    KaunKaun Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, I was referring to the chitin armor pieces. I kind of like the one with more sun, it brings out the color on the armor a lot better. Very nice piece, regardless.

I belive this is an oath breaker whos life religon/community is based around scorpions and shadow so the first drawing is probably more in context...

all your work looks grate by the way..

Kaun on