As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PokemonGO] Now with weather effects!

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Eggs are set the moment you get them. So if these were old eggs that would be why.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Made a point of stopping by the park to stock up on items before the Bonus Items event ran out...only to find out that it must have expired while I was eating lunch right before (while walking to the burrito shop I was definitely getting bonus items). Frustrating to have missed the window by literally 30 minutes but oh well. Still sat in the park, played a bit, read a bit, had a good time.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    TDawg wrote: »
    Made a point of stopping by the park to stock up on items before the Bonus Items event ran out...only to find out that it must have expired while I was eating lunch right before (while walking to the burrito shop I was definitely getting bonus items). Frustrating to have missed the window by literally 30 minutes but oh well. Still sat in the park, played a bit, read a bit, had a good time.

That was me with the Halloween event. It literally ended right before I caught a dratini that I spent 5 minutes triangulating

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    BAM!

Picked the right time to stop at sheetz

2d0bgv7pub2i.png

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    to be fair is there evera wrong time to stop at sheetz?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    That is a killer Snorlax, congrats!

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I think the biggest thing pissing me off right now is the change where no Pokemon will spawn and you can't spin stops if you are going over ~20mph. And yet it STILL pops up the god damn "OMG YOU ARE GOING TO FAST!" thing. It's just so dumb, especially when GPS drifting actually triggers it for me sometimes. On top of this, Pokemon are back to not spawning at military bases, so bleh. I dunno.

I was hoping to play a lot when I was in Anaheim for Blizzcon but mostly I didn't want to bother. The biggest thing there was I saw a ton of Sandshrews and Diglets which are super rare here, so I caught some of those. Also a random Kabuto which was new. But otherwise, not the "Oh look a Blastoise spawned, everyone run for it!" type of scenarios I was hoping for :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Haven't done it myself, but had a thought. Getting sniped while training gyms now is doubly enraging (there's no snipe protection for training, only defeating gyms). Especially if you spent half an hour training from like 7+

Dracil on
  • Options
    Event seems to be over

The 7 day check in totals for me were 22 items from a pokestop and 2600 extra experience from a catch

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Does anyone know of a city/region where machops are common?

Also just caught a charmeleon, which saves me 25 candy towards my charizard. Only 80 to go...

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Rumor has it the town 30 minutes to the south of mine has pretty frequent Machop / Geodude spawns but I haven't actually checked it out. Not really a good question to ask here if you're trying to find one- you're better off finding a regional facebook group or something.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    VishNub wrote: »

Also just caught a charmeleon, which saves me 25 candy towards my charizard. Only 80 to go...

Sherwood, Connecticut was lousy with machops, voltorbs, and magnawhatevers.

Of course I was out of poke balls when I was there

• Options
    It's more a question of are they rare everywhere. I'm trying to prioritize my buddy kms. I imagine I'll eventually visit somewhere with machops.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i see them sorta regularly by me

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    My wife had all her dust erased from her account. Anyone had that problem? Any ideas on how to possibly get it back (was like 50k dust). We submitted a bug report but unlikely to see anything from that I think.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    It's more a question of are they rare everywhere. I'm trying to prioritize my buddy kms. I imagine I'll eventually visit somewhere with machops.

they definitely weren't rare on that beach!

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    My wife had all her dust erased from her account. Anyone had that problem? Any ideas on how to possibly get it back (was like 50k dust). We submitted a bug report but unlikely to see anything from that I think.

It might take awhile but their customer service should get back to you. They responded to my request when I accidentally spent all of my coins in the shop while my phone was in my pocket. Though it took over a week.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

I was seeing an "ok" number of them in Anaheim. Of course, most were just on my radar, off in some random place that I wasn't going to go searching for because this damn game still doesn't have tracking (and they have finally killed fastpokemap for good). It seemed like maybe it was an uncommon spawn there (common spawns seemed to be Sandshrews, Growlithes and Diglets among others that I ignored because I have a ton here :P)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Machops are rare as fuck in Ohio... at least from what I've seen.

• Options
    Going back to 3-5 items per stop was a real shocker for me.

Although the weekly bonus netted me 19 items so that's pretty awesome!

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

Yeah, but it resets back to day 1. I was kinda hoping to get a 7 streak every day. Alas.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

Yeah, but it resets back to day 1. I was kinda hoping to get a 7 streak every day. Alas.

Yeah that would have been nice.

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I finally evolved a Charizard. Ended up with a 1724CP with Ember and Flamethrower. I am halfway to a Blastoise.

Abra and Digletts have been appearing nearby recently, so I should be able to knock out their evolves eventually. Other than that I need, Machoke, Machamp, Golem, Magneton, Dodrio, Dewgong (I have only seen one seal to date), Muk, Cloyster, Electrode (no way in hell), Hitmonlee, Chansey, Electabuzz, Lapras, that cool thing that Kabuto evolves into (no chance in hell), Snorlax, Dragonite, and the legendary birds/region locked/Mew bullcrap.

Basically I have a ton of pokemon, but none of the great ones aside from Charizard.

Dirk2112 on
    NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    Did anyone notice a shift of the amount of Pokemon around them? I figured it was just the event, but now there's definitely Pokemon spawning at my house now. This hasn't happened before (believe me, I checked daily just in case).

Also it looks like they increased the despawn rate of Pokemon to 30/60 minutes, up from 15/30 prior.

• Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    Yeah, there's definitely something different even after the event. I have the same thing -- get one pokemon spawning at my house periodically where before I never saw any unless I walked a few minutes over into the main part of our development.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Opening up the app at home usually spawns in 3 or 4 mons whereas before it would be 1 or 2. They're still all Rattata and friends though.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Eevees are definitely the new spawn of choice here. I'm sitting on ~300 candy right now. I don't even click on them when they show up anymore.

• Options
    My problem is that I have three vaporeons and three eggs that I'm trying to max out. They eat dust like whoa.

• Options
    I'm going to hold off until the next generation since it adds two more evolutions.

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    I don't know how it is possible, but I somehow ended my catch streak while continuing the Pokestop streak. Maybe the start and stop times for days are on west coast time or something. It is rather hard for me to get to a Pokestop without catching 3 or 4 things on the way.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    I'm definitely seeing more pokemons

which is sort of good

around me, they seem to have replaced most of the commons with venonats .... which sucks because now leveling is damn near impossible. I now see three venonats per pidgy and rat and barely any weedles or caterpies. I'm going to be 25 for a very long time

also sucks that I can't catch most of these pokemons because I have no way to get pokeballs that doesn't cost $texas

• Options
    Yeah fuck Venonats.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I would argue that the one and done's (pincer and tauros here) that spawn regularly are the worst.

They're always ~1000cp, so many balls are usually needed to capture, and there's not even evolution experience to be had.

VishNub on
  • Options
    I would argue that the one and done's (pincer and tauros here) that spawn regularly are the worst.

They're always ~1000cp, so many balls are usually needed to capture, and there's not even evolution experience to be had.

I still tap on Tauros if he shows up... If he's >600CP then I just run. Not worth the time or balls. But anything less and I get him in one or two balls then I'm okay with the stardust.

• Options
    I'll only get a high CP non evolve if it's better than what I have. I have so much candy for scyther, tauros, tangela, and pinsers that maybe one day I'll use stardust on them. I doubt it though.

I'm kind of bummed because I know deep down, I'll never catch them all and I'll never be competitive based solely on location.

• Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I'll only get a high CP non evolve if it's better than what I have. I have so much candy for scyther, tauros, tangela, and pinsers that maybe one day I'll use stardust on them. I doubt it though.

I'm kind of bummed because I know deep down, I'll never catch them all and I'll never be competitive based solely on location.

"Competitive" is a low bar since Niantic nuked the gym meta. If you're level 25 and have a few decently buff attackers like Vaporeon, Flareon, and Pigeot, you're competitive.

The days of stacked Dragonite/Lapras/Snorlax gyms are behind us. I put a 2900 CP Snorlax at the top of the level 6 gym near my home this morning and he was back before noon. No one can defend shit now, not even the power gamers and cheaters.

3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options

"Competitive" is a low bar since Niantic nuked the gym meta. If you're level 25 and have a few decently buff attackers like Vaporeon, Flareon, and Pigeot, you're competitive.

The days of stacked Dragonite/Lapras/Snorlax gyms are behind us. I put a 2900 CP Snorlax at the top of the level 6 gym near my home this morning and he was back before noon. No one can defend shit now, not even the power gamers and cheaters.

I know you hate it, but I love it... Gyms around here are finally dynamic. Every day I come in the two gyms have changed between Valor, Mystic, and Instinct. And I'm okay with this.

• Options

I guess that's probably true in the cities, but here in the country, there is still a massive shortage of items meaning I couldn't take out a gym if I tried (or, if I did manage to do it, it would be short lived because it would take a week or two to replenish my items).

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, I barely even log into this game anymore. They broke the skinner box by removing the only somewhat viable end-game goal there was in the game. I don't even really see the point of leveling any pokemons anymore because it doesn't even matter, as the biggest reason back then was the CP ladder, and if there's no reason to level pokemon, there's no reason to bother with stardust, or catching pokemon, and if there's no reason to bother catching pokemon, there's no reason to fight gyms for coins for incubators for elusive pokemon.

I'm curious though @urahonky. What level, pokedex completion, and team dominance (are you the dominant team in your area?) and what's your purpose for playing the game now since you seem to be the most enthused of all of us at playing the game now.

Dracil on