As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Explosive blubber [Dishonored 2]

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    ggV3run.jpg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Arby's social media is so weird

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    First mission dropped me p deep into High Chaos.

But those fuckers deserved it!

seriously
    fuck all of those dudes who knowingly betrayed me and killed my personal guard and friends and courtiers

Maybe the guards in the rest of the game get knocked out but only because I can justify believing they aren't part of the conspiracy that fucked me over

2x39jD4.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yaaaaay I'm ready to be a dispossessed empress out for revenge

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I love that you can now do drop knockouts.
    I still need to find an opportunity to let me do it from really high up, because that's always funny. (I have fond memories of jumping off the roof of Dunwall Tower and landing on a guy sword first)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    They made it much harder to collect the charms and runes in this game.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Does this still have the alternate non-murder ways to eliminate targets?

Yeah it has low chaos options for all the story targets

Some are still p brutal like the first game but the choice is there

2x39jD4.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Yeah, I went through the first four missions only killing two people, and I could have not killed those two if I wanted to

But then I ran into
    witches
    Witches gotta die

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    So what're y'alls thoughts on the game? On PC?

It's running between good and okay for me on ultra settings (I've got a 970, but a boatload of RAM that might be helping with performance issues).
    I can see the framerate chug a little bit when I'm in the large open areas, but it's still playable (and bumping it down to high takes care of that, too)
    Of course, I'm doing careful sneaking gameplay, which doesn't need super smooth framerate for reactions. If you're planning on just charging the enemies (which is a valid lifestyle choice), it might be more annoying.

Mission 4 question:
    Is there a good way to ghost takedown the robots? I sniped the heads off the first two, then sniped the arms off the survivor after they turned on each other, but I worry I may not have enough ammo to do that each time, depending on how many off them there are.

I'm also really really looking forward to seeing how speedrunners take these levels apart. I'm up to eight and a half hours on mission 4, And I'm betting they'll get the game down to less than an hour in a month or so.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    still think the swordfighting is really, really bad

6F32U1X.png
    I like it a lot

Apart from some PC users struggling with performance, people seem to agree that it's a great game

The levels are much better than the first game, and some of the new powers are really cool

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    First mission dropped me p deep into High Chaos.

But those fuckers deserved it!

seriously
    fuck all of those dudes who knowingly betrayed me and killed my personal guard and friends and courtiers

Maybe the guards in the rest of the game get knocked out but only because I can justify believing they aren't part of the conspiracy that fucked me over
    Yea like even as you go through the level you're walking past all the bodies of guards who didn't betray you. Every time I stabbed one I was like Fuck you, and fuck you and fuck you too!

also some fixes for pc that seem to have my game running great now.

Linky link

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2016

I'm also really really looking forward to seeing how speedrunners take these levels apart. I'm up to eight and a half hours on mission 4, And I'm betting they'll get the game down to less than an hour in a month or so.

DraQu has a 37 minute run on YouTube right now.

august on
    I watched up until it got to the bit I'm at. Which took about 12 minutes.
    But I've found way more loot, so we're even.

So something about the heart I didn't realize at first
    All the little bits and things it says about generic NPCs are just randomly selected from a big pool of possible lines that match the NPC gender

It might have different pools for location or occupation maybe and I probably should have known it was random but I didn't notice until I reloaded a quick save for something and used the heart on an NPC I had just checked and got a completely different line

So I've pretty much stopped heart checking anyone but named NPCs because the random lines make it seem like every single person in that entire game is a monster who the world would probably be better off without

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    The first one any good?

Fuck off and die.
    Dishonored 1 is good

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited November 2016
    Going back through the game with powers and guess what it's a great game now. I think it could have enjoyable if you just had a teleport but Dishonored without some kinda Blink just sucks.

Story spoilers and speculation after the Conservatory (which is as far as I got originally):

Who Lives and Who Dies
    I let the captain live the second time. Off chance he might be under Delilah's spell and not responsible for his actions. Also this sounds crazy but he might come in useful if you return to the Tower.
    The Doctor lives, still dangerous but sometimes Doctor Banner and The Hulk (or Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde) are the only ones who can save the day.
    Jindal dies. His non-fatal fate is arguably worse than death. He's a dick but he doesn't really deserve that, and if he were to somehow recover his vengeance would have to be just as horrible and perverse as what you would end up doing to him.
    Conservatory Witch Lady I let live because Delilah had my Dad hostage and I want my Dad back and if I started stabbing her lovers in the throat then the chances of her killing him probably go up.

Megan
    This is one where I feel like I figured something out before the protagonist potentially which can be a little frustrating. When she says she used to run with Delilah it's like: no shit I saw your photo Jindal's mansion. Also you are totally Grim Alex. Also you are totally gonna betray me maybe. And also you're totally gonna be the protagonist of the expansion, aren't you?

Delilah
    Look, you're my Aunt. Technically yeah, the throne is yours. Just give me my fucking Dad back or I'll stab you.

august on
    Also I have to kill all the bloodflies. Fuck you, bloodflies! You guys are gross!!

Mission 6 - Dust District
    My original plan was to kill both Paolo and Byrne and find another way into the mansion
    (Can't tolerate criminals when I'm the Empress, and I don't like religious zealots)

But now I'm overhearing stuff that makes Paolo sound like an alright guy?

Gonna have to sneak around some more and find out more about his character

Was trying to figure out a way take down this guard non-lethally

Then the heart told me he kicks his dog and now the guard is dead

I don't listen to the heart. Stop telling me what to do, mom.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    The sound design in this game could use some work. Footsteps do not at all help determine where folks are walking. I pretty much have to rely entirely on dark vision and peeking around corners to detect people with any amount of accuracy.

Yeah there seem to be some growing pains in going from Unreal to id tech.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Anyone on PS4? Any impressions?

Pretty, fun, pretty fun. I haven't had any big QA problems although there have been a few times after reloading where it took a couple tries of hitting X to continue.

Also my PS4 overheated and shut off after about 4 hours so I don't know if it just needed the dust blown out or if this game in particular ran it too hot.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I hate the "weak whistle" or however you want to call the constant sound effect the heart gives off while out

liEt3nH.png
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I had two people die on the conservatory mission and i've got no idea how and it's ruined my nonlethal run

That mission was a lot of fun, though

Also it's ridiculous that they've made all of emily's powers just as useful and fun for a nonlethal stealth playthrough as i can imagine for a really violent one

Lalabox on
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I like how now you have a stats option so you can check if you've killed anybody by accident.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    knitdan wrote: »
    I like how now you have a stats option so you can check if you've killed anybody by accident.

It is good, but i wasn't checking throught the level, so all i know is two people died sometime during the two hours it took

Ah well

Next time

I wish dark vision just worked more like the stupid batman detective mode thing

Like a little earlier I almost bumped into a dude because I had dark vision on and he was facing a wall without moving and dark vision had painted that entire wall the same color so I didn't see him until I was almost on top him

2x39jD4.jpg
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular

Like a little earlier I almost bumped into a dude because I had dark vision on and he was facing a wall without moving and dark vision had painted that entire wall the same color so I didn't see him until I was almost on top him

I do like the way it works in pulses, so it's not just seeing through walls super easy.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Lorahalo wrote: »

I do like the way it works in pulses, so it's not just seeing through walls super easy.

The pulses is fine it just doesn't reliably make bad guys pop visually like it should, lots of times they're just lost as another yellow object on a yellow field

2x39jD4.jpg
    Also somebody else mentioned it but it is a tremendous oversight that a dude sitting down at a desk is somehow completely protected from stealthy chokes/stabs

2x39jD4.jpg
    Also somebody else mentioned it but it is a tremendous oversight that a dude sitting down at a desk is somehow completely protected from stealthy chokes/stabs

you have to go slightly to the side, but you can choke/stab sitting people

Lalabox wrote: »

Oh really? That is very good to know because chucking a bottle to make them stand up so I could knock them back out was very awkward

2x39jD4.jpg
    Lalabox wrote: »

Oh really? That is very good to know because chucking a bottle to make them stand up so I could knock them back out was very awkward

it's finnicky and it feels like it isn't working as it should (being able to just grab them from directly behind) but I've done it multiple times

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    once i couldn't get a choke on a dude in a chair so i said fuck it and stabbed him and it cut him in half right through the waist

seemed a little severe

liEt3nH.png
    Honestly, he was asking for it