As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. [MOVIES]

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »

Aw man! Bummer.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Just got back from Dr. Strange and I really liked it! Slotted solidly in the middle to top third of Marvel movies. I'm excited to see where they go from here.

I think my favorite line is...
    Dr. Strange - "People Used to think I was funny"
    Wong - "Did they work for you"?

because we've all had that supervisor.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hey guys

What is the goddamn point of Jupiter Ascending?

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    she gets higher

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Like, I know what happens (mostly - at one point I got really bored and went to a convenience store for like twenty minutes), but like

Is there a point? Like, a metaphor to be understood, or a philosophical thought to be had?

It's all very flashy, but I can't figure out why

• Options
    I haven't seen it but probably, the wachowski sisters are into making philosphical points

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    is there a point to Indiana Jones?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    the point of jupiter ascending it to turn it off and watch anything else.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    according to wikipedia, mila kunis identifies "indulgence" and "consumerism" as underlying themes of jupiter ascending

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    RIP Maelstrom 1988-2014

JJjdHSx.jpg?1

GTJ23eS.jpg

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Don't fuck with God's artifacts.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    We watched Hunt For The Wilderpeople tonight. I highly recommend it. Hilarious and touching. I seriously needed a laugh after this fucking week and it delivered.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

THAT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    The point of Indiana Jones is nazis are bad.

• Options

Sure, the point of Indiana Jones is that sometimes it's not exceptionalism and ironclad bureaucracy that saves the day, but rather quick thinking and underdog determination - these are better values for America to attempt to foster and progress forward with than a commitment to being the best

• Options
    The point of Indiana Jones is gun beats sword.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Arrival was good. i'm not gonna talk it up like crazy, but i really like how linguistics is presented, and glad i went in with zero knowledge beyond a trailer.

apparently it is based on a rather good short story!

i am pleased to have more of what i love about scifi on the big screen.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    the point of Indiana Jones is don't interfere because you might prevent Hitler from accidentally killing himself with an ancient magical artifact.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure Uriel is closest to accurate here

The point of Indiana Jones is primarily to punch Nazis in their fucking Nazi faces

The secondary point of Indiana Jones is to pretend that each of the scenes with Willie in Temple of Doom are actually scenes of him punching Nazis, and also to sort of squint through the really offensive portrayal of India :bigfrown:

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Thank you Sandra.

But, Confessions time!

I've never seen temple of doom.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Thank you Sandra.

But, Confessions time!

I've never seen temple of doom.

It's a weird one!

I kind of wish they'd kept trying to do weird ones, but the times they've tried haven't worked out very well, so I can see why they're hesitant

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

where

the FUCK

are the basset hounds

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I know it's just a trailer but I'm more wondering where are any of the politics or philosophy. I hope it's not just an action movie with robots, but that's probably a fair guess.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I know it's just a trailer but I'm more wondering where are any of the politics or philosophy. I hope it's not just an action movie with robots, but that's probably a fair guess.

Those might very well be there but don't typically play well in trailers

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/hxeR9Nu0nQs

This looks really cool

I've seen the anime but I don't remember much about it other than the big robot fight at the end, so I don't really hold it to some unimaginably high standard

But this looks stylish as hell

• Options
    I honestly don't know if that's supposed to be a flesh colored bodysuit, or if that's what her body looks like, I thought in the anime she was nude but maybe I'm wrong, but either way I think it looks kinda bad there

• Options
    edited November 2016
    It's a suit (and apparently was in the anime too - they were just more liberal with how transparent it was)

There's also a video up on Facebook that someone took at the event and they showed the opening, which was the shelling sequence w/ original music. Looked pretty amazing, and I wonder if this will be rated R because it seemed like there was some actual nudity in the shelling sequence.

https://www.facebook.com/comicbookdotcom/videos/10153998276835544/

You have to skip a few minutes in.

Ceno on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Having never seen the anime, this is a movie I absolutely want to see.

• Options
    I am now watching Green Room

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Ahem...

Magic Mike 3: Male Storm.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    I mean yeah some people are gonna be mad that ScarJo was cast and keep demanding to know why

It's because the people that spent hundreds of millions of dollars on the movie want a lot of people to go see it

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't think the why of the casting was ever in question

Also, the trailer looks exactly what they promised it to be: a mishmash of scenes ripped from various entries in the franchise likely without context, plus a conspiracy about Kusanagi's past just to give it a real original spin

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I mean yeah some people are gonna be mad that ScarJo was cast and keep demanding to know why

It's because the people that spent hundreds of millions of dollars on the movie want a lot of people to go see it
    Everyone knows why, they just think it is bullshit and the defenses supplied by the people making it are also bullshit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Who's playing Mulan in the live action version, Amy Adams or somethin

Maybe it'll be like in that new weird flick I can't remember the name of where Felicia Day and Amy Adams get switched out and nobody remarks on it

Hobnail on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't like the Major having a dramatic origin and mysterious past, but all that could just be trailer bullshit.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Who's playing Mulan in the live action version, Amy Adams or somethin

Maybe it'll be like in that new weird flick I can't remember the name of where Felicia Day and Amy Adams get switched out and nobody remarks on it

don't worry, they're going to Chinese her eyes up.

This discussion has been closed.