As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Explosive blubber [Dishonored 2]

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    once i couldn't get a choke on a dude in a chair so i said fuck it and stabbed him and it cut him in half right through the waist

seemed a little severe

I had this exact thing happen

I mean it was the first level so I know he deserved but I would have prefered a nice gentle stealth murder

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I've spent way too long just exploring everywhere and taking out every guard.

I've not even gone to the Institute and I've got 6 hours clocked on.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I think that chocking people out in chairs might depend on the geometry of the chair? Or maybe it's just me.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    I think that chocking people out in chairs might depend on the geometry of the chair? Or maybe it's just me.

your crosshair has to be physically on them, so for chairs that have no back, it's fine, but for all the tall chairs, you've basically got to be on their side

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Oh man now that I have Daud-blink back this game is easy as fuck.

Of course that's mostly because Daud-blink is fucking baller.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Oh man now that I have Daud-blink back this game is easy as fuck.

Of course that's mostly because Daud-blink is fucking baller.

No Daud about it

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

i was about to say "i just can't not see the Penguin from Gotham"

and then i decided to look it up

and it's actually just the penguin from gotham i didn't know that

i didn't realize how on the nose they were being with the character model

liEt3nH.png
    Oh wow it is a different guy from the first game

I thought he sounded off but it was close enough I figured it was the same guy

2x39jD4.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Guys I am just coming in here to say that I keep reading the thread title as "explosive flubber"

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Yeah this sure is a Dishonored-ass Dishonored game
    by which I mean I love it

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

I don't have a problem with the new voice, but the way they treated Billy Lush about replacing him was a pretty dick move by Arkane (They had him do the voiceover for the initial trailer, then didn't even call and tell him they'd replaced him for the main game).

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    klemming wrote: »

I don't have a problem with the new voice, but the way they treated Billy Lush about replacing him was a pretty dick move by Arkane (They had him do the voiceover for the initial trailer, then didn't even call and tell him they'd replaced him for the main game).

Jesus Christ

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Jesus Christ

I don't think that's even especially uncommon for voice actors (I remember when they decided to change the actors for the Sonic games, those guys never got told about it either), but still. Dick move.

Just found something weird in the Conservatory, dunno if it's a weird bug or intentional:
    Outside the main door to Breanna's office, there's a map on the wall, and the 'you are here' icon moves to match where ever I move. None of the others I've found do it, so is this an extremely weird bug, or is it a random example of spooky witch magic?

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    A similar thing happened to David Hayter when he was removed as the voice of Snake. And that is one of the most iconic VA/character pairings in video game history.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Anyone else have the compulsive need to place unconscious guards on beds or chairs

Like they're gonna find them and go "carry on"

6F32U1X.png
    Anyone else have the compulsive need to place unconscious guards on beds or chairs

Like they're gonna find them and go "carry on"

I try to put the ones who were in chairs back how I found them.
    Other times, I've put half a dozen so they're all propped up against walls, and dumped a ton of bottles and glasses around. Clearly they all goofed off their patrols to have a party.

I was thinking playing Emily nonlethal and Corvo lethal as hell, but it really seems like their powersets work best the other way around

A lot of Emily's stuff will just fuck up a dude

6F32U1X.png
    klemming wrote: »

Oh wow

Yeah I remembered the voice in the trailer being right and then it was different in game

But dang what a dick move

2x39jD4.jpg
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    No wonder they're on strike

edited November 2016
    Finding the last two bone charms in Jindal's mansion was a real motherfucker.

august on
    Somebody who is further along than me (im only on mission 3) how much do I have to worry about spending my runes? Like are there enough runes to unlock every skill or do I need to pick and choose carefully

2x39jD4.jpg
    The spidery hand motions Emily makes when have shadow walked equipped and ready to use are just the best.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Turned all the settings at minimum. Closed other big apps that I usually have running.

Even reinstalled Razor Cortex, which redirects memory so my PC can run it as best as it can.

And it still runs like shit. I can't get good response time on the movement controls. That shit drives me fucking nuts and it makes gameplay really uncomfortable and fatiguing.

Barf.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

well, I guess every game has to have something that's totally bulllshit, and with this one it's the clockwork soldiers

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    well, I guess every game has to have something that's totally bulllshit, and with this one it's the clockwork soldiers

Break their head. They become fairly useless after that and it only takes like 2 hits with the sword.
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Turned all the settings at minimum. Closed other big apps that I usually have running.

Even reinstalled Razor Cortex, which redirects memory so my PC can run it as best as it can.

And it still runs like shit. I can't get good response time on the movement controls. That shit drives me fucking nuts and it makes gameplay really uncomfortable and fatiguing.

Barf.

Did you try this list of fixes?

Been working for a lot of people.

The graffiti that just says "TAXES TAXES TAXES TAXES" should be the end of all "environmental storytelling wall writing" in video games

Can't get better than that

6F32U1X.png
    Goatmon wrote: »

Barf.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

A fully upgraded stun mine can kill a clockwork soldier. I didn't try a springwire trap because I didn't have any on me, but I'd guess they'd be useful too.

Conservatory question:
    I finished the mission, and it said I missed two bonecharms and a blueprint. The charms I think I get (I found something saying Breanna had two, and I didn't/couldn't loot her after I depowered her), but was the blueprint thing because I had to choose one of the bolt designs? Like, it's not actually possible to get all three?
    Because my OCD doesn't like that, no sir.

Also, there's apparently a bug where nonlethaling Breanna kills two witches if they were already unconscious, or something? I've already picked up a 'where did that come from' kill in an earlier level, so my no kill run was dead already, otherwise I'd be wicked pissed about that.
    I think I'll leave any specific achievement runs until they patch some of this.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I was thinking playing Emily nonlethal and Corvo lethal as hell, but it really seems like their powersets work best the other way around

A lot of Emily's stuff will just fuck up a dude

So much of it is super useful for nonlethal as well tho

Yeah, Domino is fantastic for nonlethal takedowns, and I'm guessing Mesmerize will be pretty good if I can just save enough to buy it. Far Reach lacks the time stop of Blink, but it's got a pretty good range, and if you get it right, you can fling yourself much further than it looks.
    I haven't actually used Shadow Walk much, but since it's all about getting around without being seen, I'm guessing it's good for nonlethal?
    The only power I'm wary about is Doppelganger, as I'm worried that my magic clone will kill someone accidentally. Maybe she won't but I'm not looking to find out unless I max out all this other cool stuff.

I am sorely missing Time Stop though, and I wish there was an upgrade to increase the range of Dark Vision.

Yeah I just linked 4 dudes and drop ko'ed one of them and it's pretty amazing.

The gimmick voice casting seems to be better directed this time, at least

edited November 2016
    rhylith wrote: »
    No wonder they're on strike

I know, right?

So, for those who aren't familiar with this issue; The branch of the screen actors guild known as the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) has been pressuring the video game industry for better pay, among other things.

Currently, voice actors in video games get paid peanuts compared to what a SAG actor gets recording lines for just about anything in Hollywood. They also apparently aren't really respected that much in general in the VG industry, it seems. In general the industry just doesn't seem to respect their work very much, or the value they actually bring to the industry.

At a AFTRA press conference, Keythe Farley (Voice of Conrad Kellogg in Fallout 4) says that during the year and a half he spent working on his lines, he was never actually told much about what his role was. He was given scripts with just his lines, and only found out after the fact that he'd put all that work into one of the biggest releases of 2016.

Anyone who knows me and what I do on YouTube knows I am very passionate about voice acting. I hope this leads to a much better business model for the actors. They certainly deserve better than what the games industry has been offering them.

Goatmon on

The gimmick voice casting seems to be better directed this time, at least

Honestly, they already made a big improvement on the acting in the 2-part Daud DLC with Dishonored 1.

They added some good NPC dialogue, and let Daud be an actual character in it instead of a mute protagonist like Corvo.

It was pretty refreshing.

I think I liked quiet corvo better than talking corvo

Also I like how the levels are all actually pretty small (at least so far, I'm on mission 4) but they pack a bunch in to do all over the place and the guards make it so you have to be super careful

But then you pack every guard into a dumpster and get free run of the place and its real fun

2x39jD4.jpg
    I don't even bother looking for runes and bonecharms in the actual levels until after I've cleaned house

Man it's nice being able to just sprint around

6F32U1X.png
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'm a game behind, but I just started playing the first one this weekend. It's real good so far, but I'm no good at being stealthy so I'm just goin full-on murdermode this first playthrough. The melee combat is pretty satisfying, and blinking around exploring is super fun. Hopefully I'll get through it soon enough and be able to jump into the second one soonish.

This helped with overall performance a lot!

But it did nothing to help the input lag problem.

Which is the one problem I can't put up with. :/

Just got up to the Dust District on my main ghost/would-be-fully-nonlethal-if-people-didn't-insist-on-dying-somehow-despite-me-carefully-leaving-them-in-safe-places run, and I decided I wanted to clear my head, so I started an easy kill-the-traitors game.
    Made it to the boat on high chaos (what with all the people I stabbed). If I decide to cut back on the murder, will it go back to low chaos? Like, everyone so far has been fully signed up to betraying me, but these guards down south probably didn't have anything to do with it.