As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bohemia Interactive presents DayZ 1.0 or: Wait, It's Actually Out of Early Access?

• Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    Experimental seems to have a pretty good balance of guns and ammo in coastal areas without seeming over the top.

• Options
    Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I know we all share the same feelings on clown masks but...
    Elh3zel.jpg

Yes, I have no face. I stared too long into the black sun.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    You need to gank someone for their shoes.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    haha going barefoot has become kinda my thing. At this point I think I'd be the subject of much friendly fire if I changed now.

There was a time where it made for a good joke of holding people up for their shoes, but then telling them they weren't the right size.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Since Bor never puts on shoes, he's constantly losing health

It's like he's playing in hard mode

• Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    Bor and I had an exciting firefight tonight in the rain at night near the Kamenka mil base. Exciting in the sense that it felt very old and familiar while being new and interesting. Then the guys started throwing racial and sexual epithets at us when we killed them. Too ez.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I've been enjoying these fights on experimental. The fairly even playing field in terms of weaponry is a really nice change from just being all m4s/mil gear.

I also feel like the zombies, while annoying, bring back a little bit of that mod feeling. I hope their attack animations get cleaned up so they don't hit you 5x while being impossible to melee themselves, but otherwise they aren't a huge threat and do bring back that added element. The fact that they drop loot makes them less of a pure nuisance too, since there's a chance of actually getting some food or whatever else.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    So, gents..

Apparently the closest thing to DayZ mod has been found, as (As I learned from the one streamer I watch) there are servers popping up for Arma 3 Exile, using a series of mods (Like A2 Recreation, which..i assume recreates the feel of Arma 2 DayZ) to make it more DayZ Moddy, with Zombies and DayZ mod stuff.

It looks amazing from what I've seen..and it recaptures that DayZ feel more than stand alone has.

Anyone interested in this?

edit
    ughg..just downloaded everything and tried it out..and all the servers require fucking apex, why the fuck do they want Apex they are on the goddamn Chernarus map. Fuck me.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    They added guns to the standalone again so we're playing that

• Options
    edited November 2016
    We've been playing experimental a lot lately Chuwero, and it actually feels pretty good. I think you still might not really enjoy it, because it is still standalone. But in some ways it actually feels more like the mod than it ever has yet, I suppose because they finally got a decent amount of mostly working zombies in.

Also, I agree and really hate how all the arma 3 mods either use apex or even just the dlc items. It's terrible for a survival game to find some gun or vehicle that either you can't even use, or it's going to make your experience total shit with constant pop ups/screen clutter in the case of the weapons.

Oh also, BMRF put up a vanilla dayz mod server again. Their community/management seems worse and worse every time they try to revamp but just in case you're interested in that Chuwero.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    So my running total lately is:

-killed because I opened a door in the barracks despite knowing that someone was in there
    -Shot twice last night and rendered unconscious, but not killed
    -Shot a dude in a field near Stary that I may or may not have killed
    -Shot by a guy south of Stary that I ran around in circles as I desperately tried to switch to my handgun
    -Killed a guy on the coast with a pistol, killed another guy on the coast with a pistol that I'm pretty sure was AFK
    -Shot a guy near Myshkino and may or may not have killed him

I need to get better at DayZ.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    I killed a dude six times over with six consecutive headshots

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Well apparently every server requires Apex now for whatever fucking reason, so I wasted 10 bucks buying marksman and helicopters, since I cant fucking play any epoch or exile without Apex , and I cant afford that, especially after buying the DLC.

Sooo..guess I'll try stand alone again.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    I'm pretty dissatisfied with arma 3's development/price/dlc in general. I strongly feel that the base arma 3 game doesn't offer enough new to warrant a 60 dollar price tag. That the subsequent marksman and helicopter dlcs should have been stuff in that base game, and they basically released the game before it was even complete then charged for those new features.

Apex map is cool, but the actual content beyond that isn't really worth its price either. I mean I think it added stuff like regular AKs for content which is silly. I heard the single player was subpar.

Overall, I find it fairly ridiculous for a game like arma to offer these types of mediocre DLC because such a big part of their game is modding to begin with. If I have to pay for a map/weapons, they better be really up to standard and offer something big, because there's people pumping out this content for free already.

• Options
    Concerning that guy who took us out yesterday, I don't know explanation I prefer, that he was a hacker or that he was born in the lag, molded by it

• Options
    Last night Ham and I were in the novy sobor church, making fires because you start to freeze from rain within minutes and it's garbage. We kept hearing people outside, some talking, some shooting. At one point they shot at our door, which we had locked. We became increasingly paranoid that there was a squad surrounding us. We were covering the door from opposite sides when this happened to me.

JpttVpe.jpg

A tree fell through the wall right on top of me, ruining my position.
    Now it turns out they were just trying to make a fire in a nearby house themselves and dealing with zombies, but I'm still completely amazed by the coincidence of it. I mean what are the chances of chopping down a random tree and it falling exactly on some paranoid guy.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I keep wanting to check this game back out again. It's been ages since I've played and I miss it constantly.

What server/details do you chaps play around on?

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    I keep wanting to check this game back out again. It's been ages since I've played and I miss it constantly.

We're mostly playing Experimental these days-- I -think- it's US SouthEast 0-5

Last night I found all three wolf packs in Chernarus.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options

Doooo iiit.
    vsove wrote: »

Southcentral #05. Even talking about the server, you get lost.

• Options
    I wish getting pushed through a wall was more like those old kung fu movies where the wall also stays intact but then there's a pile of minced meat on the other side

• Options

What time? I want to hook up again, maybe even be falsely accused of putting things in your butt.

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

What time? I want to hook up again, maybe even be falsely accused of putting things in your butt.

We don't exactly set aside time for it. Just check and see if we're on, and if so, hop in. The further north you spawn, the greater the likelihood you'll find wolves as you head inland, I think.

• Options
    Everyone is always welcome to join us. We've been spending most of our time around stary/vybor lately, so anyone wanting to join us may wanna get to that general area if you're jumping on without us.

• Options
    So I can't help but appreciate this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwQJULbpz7U

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm gunna jump in and look around. I haven't played this in years, so holler at me on steam if you are around

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    I'm gunna jump in and look around. I haven't played this in years, so holler at me on steam if you are around

How'd it go? I recommend opting in to the experimental branch. That's the version we use at the moment.

• Options
    dHqMLLI.jpg

I guess this is good to know

• Options
    Last night, bororm tried tossing a grenade from the top of an obs tower at the NWAF down to a barracks below. He missed. I watched his lifeless body fall to the bottom of the ladder.

• Options
    A truer story never told.

• Options
    It wasn't pretty, but we ruled northern berezino all day with all variety of things, from bone spears to double barrels. Sharp sticks to sporters.

Maybe some human steaks were eaten, maybe some people were forced to drink jerry cans of water till they threw up, perhaps I lost about 27 melee fights because my character is apparently made of glass. But all in all, we grew our peppers, we snared a rabbit, and we killed countless dudes.

• Options
    We even had a quite friendly episode (although Wombat offered our guests human meat like some latter-day Lycaon)

Of course we later wound up fighting those guys

• Options
    Well my PC wouldn't turn on this morning. I sometimes have to reapply thermal paste, so I did. Unfortunately my paste is really old, and after it still not working and fiddling with stuff, something likely fried.
    So we'll see what happens, but it didn't smell good lol

I think ill likely need a new CPU or mother board.

• Options
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    Well my PC wouldn't turn on this morning. I sometimes have to reapply thermal paste, so I did. Unfortunately my paste is really old, and after it still not working and fiddling with stuff, something likely fried.
    So we'll see what happens, but it didn't smell good lol

I think ill likely need a new CPU or mother board.

whoops

• Options
    I guess it was actually my motherboard. Ordered a new one, probably wont come till late this week if I'm lucky.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    I guess it was actually my motherboard. Ordered a new one, probably wont come till late this week if I'm lucky.

The one thing that could finally defeat Bororm.

Electricity.

EDIT: Also, for reasons I can't articulate I started playing a little of the Vanilla mod today. Still fun to get an enfield and shoot at people.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Hamuel wrote: »

How'd it go? I recommend opting in to the experimental branch. That's the version we use at the moment.

I forgot how much of this game is just "Suffer In Eastern Europe Alone But Also Your Legs Are Basically Floppy Dicks So Good Luck" simulator

They really, really didn't do much work to improve any of the controls, interface or basically everything else at all

Man, I really really have a soft spot in my heart for this game, but god damn it likes to make me wish I was playing anything else every time I try it

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Hamuel wrote: »

I forgot how much of this game is just "Suffer In Eastern Europe Alone But Also Your Legs Are Basically Floppy Dicks So Good Luck" simulator

They really, really didn't do much work to improve any of the controls, interface or basically everything else at all

Man, I really really have a soft spot in my heart for this game, but god damn it likes to make me wish I was playing anything else every time I try it

Honestly, the best part of the game is just running around Chernarus with friends and shooting people/being shot at/coming up with absurd things to do.

It's one of those games where I quickly get irritated with it while I'm playing it, and then when I don't play it for a while, I miss it and start dreaming about it.

There's just something about it that nothing else can quite capture.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    yeah, that totally floats

I just tried it with just myself, and then running around with another buddy that was HELLA not feeling it, and man I bounced off something fierce

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    yeah, that totally floats

I just tried it with just myself, and then running around with another buddy that was HELLA not feeling it, and man I bounced off something fierce

Next time you see us on, ping Hammy for the Mumble info and come join us in our adventures.

It's a lot more fun that way.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    most definitely

give me a few months, I'm sure the bug'll be back

8406wWN.png