As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Your Highlight from PAX Aus 2016

pobblebonkpobblebonk Registered User regular
For me it was the stand-up comedy on Friday night. Every one of them had a different relationship with gaming, even Raw Comedy winner Danielle Walker, who only knew about games thanks to her boyfriend and Google. All very funny people. Melbourne has a reputation as being a hub for Australian and International comedians and I don't know why we haven't had any stand up at PAX Aus before!
It was just unfortunate that it overlapped the Food Fight in the Main Theatre as I would have loved to see the rest of that too.

• vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So many highlights.
    Quip lash at jack box panel.
    Getting all the autographs during staff trading event.
    The staff trading event
    Trading and getting to know my fellow pinnys.
    LRR panel
    And Kidnapping Santa...

• PhoenixOLionPhoenixOLion Registered User regular
    UGH SO MANY.

1 - Completing my Kemper Pin Collection, thanks to this SUPER KIND American Lady who traded me a Christmas 2015 Kemper for a Nissa pin
    2 - Having Mike trade me a 2016 NY LE pin
    3 - Having Jerry read out my question at Sunday's Q&A and NOT BEING THERE. (So many not a good one...? :(
    4 - Playing Keep Talking and No One Explodes in BYOC with a bunch of super nice people
    5 - GETTING THE XBOX ONESIE IN THE CHILDS PLAY AUCTION!!!

Man PAX is just a great time. 10/10 would go again.

The one who forgot to bring the Vegemite Chocolate PAXAus16 -.-'
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    pobblebonk wrote: »
    For me it was the stand-up comedy on Friday night.

We had standup?!

I have 2:

And

Met so many of you guys this year.

• gormstergormster Registered User regular
    Definitely Duet Live. Getting to play that with the amazing soundtrack being played by such talented musicians, and the crowd cheering you on, was a truly unforgettable experience. (I was the guy with the LED sunglasses.)

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Playing Guesspionage from the Jackbox on the big screen near the theatres and temporarily turning "How many men have had an erection whilst being examined by a doctor?" to 100%.

• QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    OK I'm biased as it involves me, but it was while demoing boardgames, having someone come up and ask me for a game recommendation for their group, doing so, and showing them how to play. Then going back 20 minutes later and discovering they all love the game

Makes me grin

steam_sig.png
  • SpiceSpice Content Sponge Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    gormster wrote: »
    Definitely Duet Live. Getting to play that with the amazing soundtrack being played by such talented musicians, and the crowd cheering you on, was a truly unforgettable experience. (I was the guy with the LED sunglasses.)
    You and the guy two behind were phenomenal. Duet was fantastic to just chill out watching and listening.
    Other highlights of PAX was the entire Wombat theatre singing Happy Little Vegemite to Graham & Kathleen and the incredible final round of the Omegathon.
    On a personal note the many kind words and compliments I got for my half-completed Riddler costume on Friday/Saturday, despite my friend's Joker being insanely better.
    Also a massive shoutout to the hyped-up Enforcer woman who gave us medals for making a wearable Bane mask out of pipe cleaners.

Spice on
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I have a few:

1. Meeting all the pinheads at the pre-pax dinner.
    2. Failing spectacularly at trivia, but still having fun
    3. Making an awesome trade - I got a Rayman!
    4. Winning a Mario Kart tourney and getting Anne a beautiful Yoshi
    5. 4 T-Rex's dressed as Sailor Moon playing Just Dance
    6. Getting a photo with an amazing Harley Quinn
    7. The Staff Trading and Community Trading

• UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Me too:

1. Finally seeing Mike walk the floor ( though was waiting for a thornwatch playthrough and didn't want to lose my spot)
    2. Getting to try VR for the first time.
    3. Getting out of the house for pre-pax drinks and meeting some people I've never met before.

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png