As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Triple Skulls Every Time

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    While I don't think it is a good change I have to see how that changes their cost. Gutter Runners are targets, something like that makes them a little more dangerous. I'll take a miss next game over a stat reduction or death.

I'm okay with the human catcher cost reduction too. It breaks the magic formula but most human players I know weren't even taking catchers. We might see them fielded now.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Yergh. Skaven dice basically no longer available from FLGS; GW invent "retroactive cap" on order numbers.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Got my copy pre-ordered from my local GW and they will be starting a league the day the game hits. I'm excited, I've never gotten in on the ground floor of a release before.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Pre-ordered my copy! 25% off, too, plus some store credit made it actually affordable. Excited!

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Is there a group here going for the Chaos/Legendary Edition video game?

• Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Is there a group here going for the Chaos/Legendary Edition video game?

I think most migrated to two, but I'd be interested in playing more. Still on the fence about getting the actual miniatures as I almost never have the time to play, but Blood Bowl is one of my favorite tabletop games, period.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    In the UK at any rate, I think the Skaven team and Blood Bowl Death Zone Season One book have sold out, certainly on the GW website, if not a few of the other online retailers (Wayland, Element games, etc...)

So on the one hand, its rather heartening it's seemingly doing so well, on the other hand, I would have quite liked to get the Skaven team.

A slight shame that more teams aren't going to be available upon release; dwarfs (booooooo) and nurgle are up next correct?

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    I know Dwarfs are coming. Also a winter pitch with a new kickoff table is hitting the rumor sites. The pitch looks nice, no word on what's on the new table.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    So I've been getting ready to pull the trigger on this, and was wondering if there's any tricks other than just going to Games Workshop and ordering directly that might make getting a complete set a little more feasible. It's especially egregious and tough to justify once I started recalling and seeing how expensive getting new paint and supplies was starting to add..
    I'm also bummed that Skaven sold out so fast. Is it worth going to a GW Store rather than just ordering online?

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    So I've been getting ready to pull the trigger on this, and was wondering if there's any tricks other than just going to Games Workshop and ordering directly that might make getting a complete set a little more feasible. It's especially egregious and tough to justify once I started recalling and seeing how expensive getting new paint and supplies was starting to add..
    I'm also bummed that Skaven sold out so fast. Is it worth going to a GW Store rather than just ordering online?

I pre-ordered the game and death zone book only although the Skaven were never even available (and the dices were sold out). So I did some digging and found a games workshop store at 45 minutes drive from home. I called them and was allowed to preorder the skaven from them. The guy call me yesterday to confirm if I was still going forward with my pre-order which I did and I took the opportunity to ask him about the dices and he told me he has 1 copy left that was not pre-ordered so I jump on it.

So I'd say, if online it's not currently available, I'd look for a store to see if you can get better luck there.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    AS far as I know the Skaven team itself isn't limited. So they'll be coming back in stock at some point. Looks liek GW wasn't expecting Blood Bowl to be this popular and didn't produce enough Skaven teams to meet initial demand. The dice were limited though, so good luck and cast as wide a net as possible.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    Geeze, looks like they sold out of the base game + league rule bundle on the US webstore as well.

Glad to see demand is high as that will translate into continued GW support.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I pre-ordered from my local GW. The store moved recently so there was a bit of an issue with the ship to store stuff but I called CS and got it cleared up. Hopefully I will have it Saturday.

Pretty excited. I've been in the GW hobby for 25 years and have never played Blood Bowl.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Eeeeee! Preorder arriving tomorrow! Yay Friday release!

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Yeah seems my pro-order will also arrive tomorrow.

I also got an email from the canadian games-workshop website that skaven are now back in stock. Too bad for them, Not paying 27$ shipping to get just them. Going to drive downtown to pick them up instead.

Also, the Winter pitch is not a rumor anymore, it's real and coming in december: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/23/blood-on-the-snow-and-games-on-tv/

BBpitch-1.jpg

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    I pick mine up tomorrow. I know there are cheaper places to get it than the GW but I've already played one league at their store and I know there will be another with all these releases. So totally paying where I'm playing.

Probably getting Battlefoam's football case tomorrow.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I'm not sure when my copy will arrive. After I preordered I got an email that there might be a delay due to high demand.

edit: Well, just got confirmation that it's been dispatched.

honovere on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Wait.

It actually comes out tomorrow?

• Options
    Hell it's out now in Australia.

• Options
    Yup, release day has always been the 25th, right from the earliest rumours (which is actually why some people dismissed those, because it's not a Saturday).

• Options
    P.S.

BLOOD BOWL GET!

Also, for those who were worried, the base game special play card rules are not used in leagues—teams instead get to draw a fixed number depending on the highest TV in the match (plus inducements) and discard one.

• Options
    And blood bowl is mine!

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I love everything about Death Zone season one… except the layout. I get why it just jumps straight in there with the teams but it's a bit jarring.
    League rules seem pretty awesome, liking the addition of off-season rules to govern multi-season leagues and help subtly reign in mega teams.

FAQ for the crowd; suppose I have a player with MA 2 (and so can only stand up on a 4+) and they eventually gain Jump Up:
    1. Can they stand without rolling?
    2. Now that Jump Up imposes a roll to stand and block, is this done on a 2+ per Jump Up or a 4+ for having less than three MA? Never mind, misread Jump Up.

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    Picked mine up when the store opened at 11.

The models are great. Each is 3 pieces and they go together easily. They have very few contact points with the sprue and mold lines are practically non-existent. You could very easily ignore cleaning and gluing them unless you're OCD about it like me.

• Options
    Yeah I'm shocked at how well they hid the mold lines on most pieces.

Even someone who is pretty picky like me is only having to remove lines from very specific spots like the shoulder pads.

• Options
    Got mine when store opened. There is a ladder tournament going in so I got a game in against some Skaven. The new box looks great. Dice and templates are well done.

I have to check on the stand up. I don't remember off the top of my head.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    So after being completely apathetic about sportsball, I was totally peer group pressured (totally and that's my excuse :P) into buying a Skaven team because there was only one left and everyone else was playing Blood Bowl.

So now I have Skaven. I'm still trying to decide on a team name and starting line up, but wooo! Blood Bowl!

• Options
    I think I'm going to go with humans out of the gate, solid all rounder team and I like how they play.

Only thing I really need to figure out is that the box only comes with 2 Blitzers and I'd quite like 4 in my starting line up, so I need to figure out which two linemen to convert and how.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Asher wrote: »
    So after being completely apathetic about sportsball, I was totally peer group pressured (totally and that's my excuse :P) into buying a Skaven team because there was only one left and everyone else was playing Blood Bowl.

So now I have Skaven. I'm still trying to decide on a team name and starting line up, but wooo! Blood Bowl!

Skaven are my favorite. You get a Big Guy to help with offense, insane maneuverability and dodging, and your thrower has a cannon as an arm.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    So, I decided to break out my models and do a headcount of what I got:
    isCeaPZ.jpg
    (not pictured: models currently not assembled or in pieces)

Total is 480 minis, enough to make 26 complete teams, for 15 different races

I... I like Blood Bowl you guys. I'm so happy it's back.

• Options
    You ready to re-base them all? :razz:

• Options
    I like the square size increase. I dislike the model size increase. yestetsdays game had rat tails everywhere.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    You ready to re-base them all? :razz:

Why would he need to rebase them all?

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    yeah idgaf if the new figs have different size bases or they changed the square size on the board

none of that matters, it's blood bowl not warhammer

• Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »

Skaven are my favorite. You get a Big Guy to help with offense, insane maneuverability and dodging, and your thrower has a cannon as an arm.

Glad to hear that Skaven can be fun. i had one semi demoralising game with them yesterday. I played a veteran player who pushed some orcs around and lost 1-0. One of my gutter runners nearly made to the end zone but got dogpiled by 3 Orcs and a bad throw in put paid to that. It did take him until turn 7 in the second half to score the winning goal and at that time I only had 3 models left on the field so I was pretty happy with how I did for my first game over all I guess? He had some pretty ridiculous runs of rolls as well. I'm going to turn one of the throwers into a 3rd gutter runner for my starting line up. I'm looking at:

Rat Ogre
    2 Blitzers
    3 Gutter Runners
    5 Linemen
    3 Rerolls

Thoughts?
    Pony wrote: »

So obviously you need the new set. Just to break 500 right?

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I don't know what points are, but prior to this latest edition, you want max (still 4 right?) gutter runners, 2 blitzers, 1thrower and the rest line rats with an apoc and as many rerolls you can get.

Again on the basis not much has changed, you get the rat ogre later because at best he is unreliable. It isn't hard for a muscle team to knock him on the floor and he doesn't have a tremendous amount of armour.

The thrower I think people under rate but on my Skaven teams he was the main reason for winning not the gutter runners.

He's good at getting the ball, sitting deep in your half drawing the other team in, then he scuttles off and passes to a scoring gutter runner.

Levels up at a decent rate and it isn't hard to turn him into a passing machine.

Wouldn't make a Skaven team without one

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    Went in my store, didn't really plan on buying the starter. The owner said he didn't plan on ordering any sets, but got a few for laughs at the last moment.
    I guess I'm playing Orcs now. Go Goff Guard!

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »

Glad to hear that Skaven can be fun. i had one semi demoralising game with them yesterday. I played a veteran player who pushed some orcs around and lost 1-0. One of my gutter runners nearly made to the end zone but got dogpiled by 3 Orcs and a bad throw in put paid to that. It did take him until turn 7 in the second half to score the winning goal and at that time I only had 3 models left on the field so I was pretty happy with how I did for my first game over all I guess? He had some pretty ridiculous runs of rolls as well. I'm going to turn one of the throwers into a 3rd gutter runner for my starting line up. I'm looking at:

Rat Ogre
    2 Blitzers
    3 Gutter Runners
    5 Linemen
    3 Rerolls

Thoughts?
    Pony wrote: »

So obviously you need the new set. Just to break 500 right?

Apothecary is huge. I like a thrower instead of 3 gutter runners, because they draw a lot of hate and are only str 2. Most people dont suggest starting with a rat ogre because of unreliability, but if you can frenzy somebody off the field right away he pays for himself super quickly

• Options
    Just finished my first league match of bloodbowl, it was my humans versus orks. My team is a little sub-optimal because I'm just running what is in the starting box. So 6 linemen, 2 blitzers (4 is what I want), 2 catchers and 2 throwers. Barely won with a final score of 2-1, a really dramatic game with some huge turning points like the orks scoring in three turns at the tail end of the first half (every block went there way on their second turn of the drive, it was nasty, armor breaking everywhere), the entire momentum of the match turning when a black ork failed a two dice block, re-rolled and failed again, and with the final point being scored on the last turn of the game with 4 of my men in the casualty box.

Post match had some really interesting results, his black ork and my blitzer got MVP and both of us had enough points to get a new skill. He rolled doubles for his black ork, I rolled a 12, so now I've got a 4 strength blitzer. So I've got the most powerful single player in the entire league most likely. But just to show that nuffle giveth and nuffle taketh, I earned a grant total of 10,000 for the match, while my opponent earned 80,000 (6 + he had over double the amount of fans attending than I did.)

Blood Bowl is back, and it's great.

• Options
    I picked up Blood Bowl 2 while it was on sale and I'm learning things!

It's a pretty good rules learning aid