As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Explosive blubber [Dishonored 2]

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I killed 100% of guards on level one and my save file got the high chaos label

I killed 0% of anything on level 2 and 3 and my graph was waaaaaay up high in the top right corner and my game still says high chaos

I assume it will eventually go back down but it seems like it takes a lot of no chaos to make up for just one level of high chaos

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'm sure that eventually someone will find the exact number of satisfying murders you can perform while staying in low chaos.
    (This someone might end up being me, I'm not sure yet)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    If you end up doing that science you should also check to see how much it weighs taking the high chaos choice vs the low one

If I do all murders but then pick the low chaos chapter decision is that enough to balance the scales (or zero murders but also the high chaos choice)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    This Clockwork Mansion is pretty cool

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ugh, I think I'm going to hold off playing this any more until a patch hits.

My frame rates and mouse speeds are still fluctuating so dramatically that doing any sort of remotely fancy movement in this game is a nightmare.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Ugh, I think I'm going to hold off playing this any more until a patch hits.

My frame rates and mouse speeds are still fluctuating so dramatically that doing any sort of remotely fancy movement in this game is a nightmare.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. The performance is shocking, and the input problems are just so mildly frustrating and never ending that it ends up being the worst part.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    I've noticed some real performance problems when I move quick but for the most part I'm playing so incredibly slowly that it thankfully hasn't been a problem

Except one time when I wasn't careful and some NPC's surprised me and I wasn't able to actually fight or escape because suddenly the mouse wasn't moving properly

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

Did you try this list of fixes?

Been working for a lot of people.

This helped with overall performance a lot!

But it did nothing to help the input lag problem.

Which is the one problem I can't put up with. :/

Ah dang that sucks : /

Even setting the mouse smoothing to 0 in the file?

That's one issue I didn't have mine was just chugging.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Gosh i seem to have gotten really lucky with performance issues

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yea unfortunately after getting everything running great I ended up getting stuck at a hard crash spot right at the end so I had to watch the ending on youtube.

Meh.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

Did you try this list of fixes?

Been working for a lot of people.

This helped with overall performance a lot!

But it did nothing to help the input lag problem.

Which is the one problem I can't put up with. :/

Ah dang that sucks : /

Even setting the mouse smoothing to 0 in the file?

That's one issue I didn't have mine was just chugging.

That is not a setting anywhere to be found in that file.

I had to add that in, and it had no noticeable effect at all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited November 2016
    so has anyone found a way to restart levels if you haven't manually saved at the beginning of each level?

edit: looking on other sources, apparently there isn't, which sucks. The autosaves happen so frequently, and the quicksaves get overridden so easily

I had a save just right after I wanted to do a thing, that's apparently irreversible

also makes the non-lethal route really annoying

oh well

guess I'll just have to do another playthrough at some point

puts a bit of a damper on my enthusiasm

Lalabox on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Yeah and there's no way to select unlocked missions either which the first game had. Seems like a step back.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    This Clockwork Mansion is pretty cool

I thought it would form around you, Bastion-style

That you have to flip a switch is better for gameplay but less cool

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    You could just spend the runes to get the position swap upgrade...

fake edit unless it has a maximum effective distance or something

faker edit though I bet doing it that way would let you benefit from any bone charms that activate bonuses for kills or drop kills specifically

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    got to clockwork mansion last night, it was super neat

also I am obsessive about collecting runes but really bad at actually spending them so I still only have four powers and no passives

e: decoy looks extremely good though, I'm going to get that next time I play

Shorty on
  • Options
    I've got pull, dark vision and domino maxed, sitting on 10 runes and don't really feel the need to buy anything else right now. On mission 8.

• Options
    Upgrading agility so you've got a better jump is extremely worth it.

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    got to clockwork mansion last night, it was super neat

also I am obsessive about collecting runes but really bad at actually spending them so I still only have four powers and no passives

Yeah I feel like I should be spending runes more than I am but for the way I'm playing I haven't felt like I needed much more than blink and dark vision

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    The rune crafting passive goes a long way. So far I've stacked effects that give +speed for: crouching; weapons sheathed; and carrying a body.

Net effect means sneaking around with a body moves as fast as sprinting. Ultimate kidnapper.

• Options
    By the end the most useful things I found were full upgraded blink and the first level of agility for super jump.

And maxed out slow time is the most unholy broken monstrosity of a skill in the game.

• Options
    yeah it was pretty silly in the first game as well

I also love in the intro sequence when you see what it's like for corvo to use it as a bystander

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I can still play as Time Stop - Chain Blink Assassin Corvo? Excellent! I aim to do a Corvo run where I kill everything so I can explore and plan routes in peace, then will do a more benign run with Emily later. Then probably a lethality run with her, too.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Has anybody done the no powers run and actually had fun?

The idea sounds really cool but I feel like it also wouldn't be much fun at all

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    seems like it would be doable if you were going high chaos

I think otherwise it would probably be really frustrating

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    boy I wish that it was running better on PC. I'm super hesitant to pick it up given the problems I've heard. I did really enjoy the first game a lot though

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Jesus apparently even the first mission has a ton of shit I missed
    Who would've guessed

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    boy I wish that it was running better on PC. I'm super hesitant to pick it up given the problems I've heard. I did really enjoy the first game a lot though

it runs fine for me on my R9 380 but I had to turn off god rays

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular

Steam has the refund thing so you can try and see how it runs

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

Steam has the refund thing so you can try and see how it runs

oh right whoops I bought a game

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Beat the game, ghost, clean hands, best ending with Emily.
    Enjoyable, but no surprises.

The payoff with Billie Lurk was decent because I hadn't thought about her being culpable for the Empresses' assassination. But the whole thing where she probably did dirt for Delilah as Grim Alex goes nowhere. But her Search for Daud pretty much has to be the expansion content.

Delilah gets trapped in her own painting by sabotaging her ceremony, which in a lot of ways is just a repeat of the end of The Brigmore Witches.

And I just read on the Dishonored wiki that if you knock out Past-Stilton Billie gets her eye and arm back, which fuck I think I have a save back there so maybe I'll go back and play that half of the game from there again.

august on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    oh no i'm not sure i like emily's blink power but like heck i'm gonna play as dusty old corvo

why you gotta do this to me dishonored

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    finished this and it was very good

however it turns out that there were even more really cool things that I missed after I passed one poorly signposted choice that I couldn't go back to because autosaves and quicksaves had written over each other.

gosh these are some beautiful and dense worlds, tho

• Options
    I kinda want to jump back in to play it again, but when I did that I remembered that the first level or so is a very slow build without any of the fun nonlethal tools

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    so see how fast you can sprint through and slidekick people to death

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Has anybody done the no powers run and actually had fun?

The idea sounds really cool but I feel like it also wouldn't be much fun at all

Depends how you want to do it. No Powers is for if you really want a challenge, and it's up to you how much you stack on that. Ghost No Kills is one extreme, High Chaos is the other.
    I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't already know the levels, though.
    I'm glad they put it in as an option anyway. A challenge if you want it, and easy to ignore if you don't.

I would like a New Game + option that just lets you start with everything you finished with, but I think Arkane have made noises like maybe they'll be adding that and chapter selection in later updates? It's a faint hope, but I'll cling to it.

• Options
    Lalabox wrote: »
    finished this and it was very good

however it turns out that there were even more really cool things that I missed after I passed one poorly signposted choice that I couldn't go back to because autosaves and quicksaves had written over each other.

gosh these are some beautiful and dense worlds, tho

Which choice?