As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Post US Presidential Election 2016 Thread

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    @Label Thanks for your concern, it is not discounted.

There's an entire argument I could make about people who support the progressiveness of society and equality for all to own some form of self defense in the upcoming political climate, but the thread is about to close and I have had some scotch, so I'd prefer to not try to type that out right now. I'm open to PMs after today or if there is a relevant thread later.

I have, however, decided on an M1A SOCOM CQB, as the grip and rail system is familiar to most of the hardware I used during my enlistment, but the larger round would be useful for hunting if the need arises.

edit: Ok that's a horrible TOTP have this

0f1aec6812d3986532bd429904aa2f9f.jpg

Weaver on
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Glad to hear you are aware of this concern, Weaver.

Just please do be aware of over-penetration in a non-hunting situation, though.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    America needs to embrace melee combat as the ultimate symbol of masculinity!

Long sword and polearm!

Much better than grandpa stocking grenades and rifles in a storage locker in Bellevue and forgetting about it for years until the bomb squad is called.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    personally I don't think I feel comfortable owning a gun

but I did try and do some research on getting a collapsible baton for self-defense, which turns out to be surprisingly hard

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    Kadith wrote: »
    I think the two people you picked to notify are probably two of the most knowledgeable forumers about firearms in a combat situation

Yeah probably. Hopefully they can clear up whatever bullshit i'm spewing cause all I've done is read shit. Most of my firearms experience is from boyscouts.

I just want to raise the point that engaging with self-defense ideology can warp your brain. Cause we really don't need good people getting their brains warped right now.

Appreciated, and I mean that honestly.

But I was raised with more firearms in my grandfather's house than you could probably imagine.

He loved shooting, he loved the calming aspect of taking sight on a target and relaxing his whole body to one, singular thought.

Also, he was handed a .22 caliber rifle when he was eight-years-old, and my great-grandfather said, "Bring home some dinner."

George W. Reynolds was born in April of 1928; when he was almost two-years-old, the stock market crashed, and my great-grandparents became migrant farmers. They instilled within my grandfather that a rabbit was better than a quail, and a quail was better than nothing. He was in third grade. He was responsible for providing dinner on the way home from school. He was expected to clean and dress what ever critter he brought home. Shooting wild game at the age of eight may have saved his parent's lives as well as the lives of the migrant farmers they worked with.

My grandfather was not a bloodthirsty man, and he trained me in the use of firearms from the age of six the same way he was: when everything goes wrong, it can put food on the table.

If he were alive today, we would disagree about many of the social issues that plague America, but he would listen and we could talk.

He loved football, I'm indifferent.

He became an electrician and a sheriff's deputy, I wanted to be a translator and work for the U.N.

But we truly loved and respected each other, I would work my fingers to the goddamned bone if he hinted at my narrow, teenaged ass that I could do better.

He worked for almost thirty years teaching weapons training and firearms safety to LEO's and regular citizens, but I never forgot how much he hated the sight of oatmeal.

A firearm can be for safety and protection.

But it can also put meat on the table when all you've had for three squares a day is boiled oats.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I read that as boiled cats

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    If I can give a last message,

Stay safe. Resist against those who would see you harm.

Stay aware. Pay attention, and stay educated about political issues.

Stay hopeful. Turn despair into purpose, and keep the message of being a better person, and a better society, alive.

Weaver on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »

I'm glad people are doing this. Its crucial people know everything that is going on right now, facts without spin, even if they are harsh.

And before this thread closes, just have to reiterate: fuck 2016 and fuck Trump.

It means nothing until the media starts calling him a Nazi and white nationalist. Right now they're calling him "controversial" and holy shit fuck you he's a godamn Nazi not "controversial" you mother fuckers

I couldn't and won't ever agree with a post more than this.

The outrage needs to be such that years from now Republicans will wonder how there was ever a time they called liberals "pussies."

Well then they'd be labeled as violent rioting thugs.

And all we would have to do is correct them on their rhetoric (because it is, the protests have been largely peaceful) and remind them that their candidate winning resulted in a surge in actual hate crimes.

No, they didn't. What are you talking about? That's just good patriotic Americans discussing facts honestly and without media bias! Why do you hate the first amendment!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Oh man, is this the last of it?

Well, thanks you all. I've not been entirely rational during this time, but you've all really really really helped.

This community means a lot to me, and I'm glad to know you all.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I haven't posted much here, mostly just lurked over the months, but thank you all anyways for not being a shithole like Reddit and real life.
    I dunno what I'm gonna be able to do, I'm just some white dude with no job, no car, and no mental health. But I'll find something, I think.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I have received my phD in PoliSci and am ready for the next thread.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I want to thank this thread and Tube for allowing it, voraciously consuming your posts may not be healthy, but its way better than what I would be getting from twitter and facebook.
    Also, shout out to the DnD threads, you're all my favorites.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I have received my phD in PoliSci and am ready for the next thread.

too little too late my friend

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    jeb 2020

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    dtwhfx47gnps.png

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Election over.
    Please Clap.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Bye thread

kjaFR1W.jpg

Bye Obama, we didn't deserve you

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    We totally deserved him.

https://youtu.be/5IDQDoxXHm0

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Hey, everybody, you're all great. Thank you for that.

And, @Tube, thanks for the extra work of keeping this thread open.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    You are all great

Fuck Trump

• Options
    watching House of Cards

no one's ever run for president with so little experience (speaking of the solicitor-general)

HAH

HAHAHAHA

god in retrospect this is so weird

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Thanks, Obama

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    If I can ever buy a gun, FN-P90.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Thank you, Obama.

Truly.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    When Barack Obama was elected president, we showed the world that anyone could grow up to be president.
    When Trump was elected, we showed them we meant literally anyone

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Hopefully we'll never have to have a thread like this again.

No I don't.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Uh

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/ben-carson-has-odd-plan-the-dept-education
    “I actually have something I would use the Department of Education to do,” Carson explained. “It would be to monitor our institutions of higher education for extreme political bias and deny federal funding if it exists.”

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Oh so we are just going back to Mcarthyism then

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Uh

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/ben-carson-has-odd-plan-the-dept-education
    “I actually have something I would use the Department of Education to do,” Carson explained. “It would be to monitor our institutions of higher education for extreme political bias and deny federal funding if it exists.”
    Oh fuck me

That's

Jesus

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Wait

Waitwaitwaitwait

The guy who constantly complains about political correctness wants to stop all speech he finds politically incorrect

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    thank goodness they're not wasting any time showing off their fascist-dictator tendencies.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

There's an entire argument I could make about people who support the progressiveness of society and equality for all to own some form of self defense in the upcoming political climate, but the thread is about to close and I have had some scotch, so I'd prefer to not try to type that out right now. I'm open to PMs after today or if there is a relevant thread later.

I have, however, decided on an M1A SOCOM CQB, as the grip and rail system is familiar to most of the hardware I used during my enlistment, but the larger round would be useful for hunting if the need arises.

My friend just got the M1A scout, and man, as someone who has only used the m4 for any length of time, that weapon feels super big. It is hella nice though.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Wait

Waitwaitwaitwait

The guy who constantly complains about political correctness wants to stop all speech he finds politically incorrect

Every right wing complaint about a leftist is projection. Or almost all at least.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Their party is dying, they have no hope of winning the election.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Uh

wowwowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowwo

not like many colleges get federal funding anyways

but jesus way to go people

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Their party is dying, they have no hope of winning the election.

Retrofuturism can be pretty rad! (others were posting that exact sentiment about this very election as recently as the 7th)

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    hey just a quick note: trump is a fucking garbage person

uhh this is kind of a fucked up thing to compare a sanitation worker to

sig.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    We totally deserved him.

https://youtu.be/5IDQDoxXHm0

Barack Obama is earth's most mature person.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »

My friend just got the M1A scout, and man, as someone who has only used the m4 for any length of time, that weapon feels super big. It is hella nice though.

I used to shoulder fire the M249 like it was a lighter, faster weapon.

I need to get back to the gym despite my injuries.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Real talk though, the beginning of something good started to happen today too.

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.