As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

@s and "s acting funky

AiouaAioua Ora OccidensOra OptimaRegistered User regular
First discovered in this post: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28422423/#Comment_28422423

It's adding semicolons after doublequotes that follow at signs.
DPlLVPa.png

These don't show up if you go to edit the post.
It's also trying to parse the at signs as if they were callouts for user names. It doesn't send the notifications, though.

some testing
@()
@("test")
@aioua
@"aioua"
@test"test"
@""""
@test test "test"
@test
"test"

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
Aioua on

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    This is now occurring in quote blocks as well

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah it's been like this for a while, the '@' symbol fucks with it and the regex around the code stuff.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    also ew what the hell kind of indent style is that in my original screenshot

2013 aioua what were you thinking?

• Options
    edited March 2016
    oh apparently it's doing it site-wide now, even outside of blocks

@test user

@test"test"

Aioua on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Apparently the people with spaces in their name are still getting the notification, its just the link to their profile that's broken.

At least for the ones I did today.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    e: Cool cool

Is also affecting Geth functionality; this led to user " being banned from thread.

Handgimp on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It's a visual glitch, the right user is still kicked.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    @nospace

@name with space

@("test")
    @nospace

@"name with space"

@("test")

EDIT: I noticed the problem with normal quote-wrapped at mentions got fixed at some point, so I though I'd test the other cases
    still parsing in code blocks, still flipping out and adding semicolons if there's an @ and a " adjacent

Aioua on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm having a problem were after I did an @ the bar that you can click to autocomplete the name keeps popping up. Every time I hit "Enter" it erases the last word I wrote and instead inserts the name in the @ bar.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    This sounds similar to the smiley face thing, where if you didn't do one of the "first-class" faces, then it would keep that popup of the suggested faces and you couldn't ever hit Enter.

As a workaround, does hitting Escape when the autocomplete bar is up get rid of the bar (at least temporarily)? Which let's you Enter when you need to?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I thought this got fixed but I guess it didn't?

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    I thought this got fixed but I guess it didn't?

Yeah there are still two things
    @"name"

that parses, though it shouldn't

and

@fkdjfkd"

that gets all kinds of weird, I didn't type a semicolon there