As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Chuck those Pyukumuku, sniff those beds!

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    jeez the bw2 champion is no slouch

they have pokemon with actual like

type coverage
    The whole Elite Four kind of does. My poor Magnezone got Fireblasted so many times.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    BW2 was a very good game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

i'd like it a lot more if i didn't find the main rival so insufferable

in some ways it almost feels like the postgame parts of a pokemon game stretched out for an entire game's length, which is neat

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Has there been a full dex spoiler with the real localized names yet
    Yes, but you wouldn't know it hearing a few of the names. There are probably numerous sources by now.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options

i'd like it a lot more if i didn't find the main rival so insufferable

in some ways it almost feels like the postgame parts of a pokemon game stretched out for an entire game's length, which is neat

Oh yeah the rival is awful, totally agree.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Pokebros, question.

Is there any advantage to getting Pokebank now as opposed to when I I can actually bring pokes over to SuMo?

I don't really understand Pokemiles so I didn't know if storing them there longer got me more or anything.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Not really but it costs 5 dollars per year so you're also not actually saving much by waiting either

If you have any sorting and moving you want to do it may be easier to do it now just before you get into the new games

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Pokebros, question.

Is there any advantage to getting Pokebank now as opposed to when I I can actually bring pokes over to SuMo?

I don't really understand Pokemiles so I didn't know if storing them there longer got me more or anything.

You earn Pokemiles or BP (BP imo being the better use of the points) as interest for storing Pokemon. I don't know the exact formula but you accrue them daily based on the number of Pokemon you have stored. So if you got it now and put a bunch of stuff up there, you'll start accruing points now

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Plz name your first Popplio after me.

you got it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    and woo! charizard has beaten both unova E4s

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    and woo! charizard has beaten both unova E4s

the best there ever was

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I'm uploading him to the bank now

I hope he can handle the shock of becoming 3 dimensional after being a 2D sprite for some ten odd years

• Options
    Forget 2d to 3d, magine how he'll handle the wracking pain and temporary disfigurement of mega evolution

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Speed, are you beating every E4 possible with this Chariard?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited November 2016

Yes.

I guess... unrevealed names of evolutions of revealed pokemon:
    Pikipek -> Trumbeak -> Toucannon
    Salandit -> Salazzle
    Wimpod -> Golisopod
    Crabrawler -> Crabominable
    Morelull -> Shiinotic

Unrevealed pokemon names:

Mareanie -> Toxapex
    Dewpider -> Araquanid
    Dhelmise

Kartana, Guzzlord, Xurkitree, Celesteela

Necrozma

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Oh my god
    Guzzlord

I'm dying

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    You called?

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Pokebros, question.

You earn Pokemiles or BP (BP imo being the better use of the points) as interest for storing Pokemon. I don't know the exact formula but you accrue them daily based on the number of Pokemon you have stored. So if you got it now and put a bunch of stuff up there, you'll start accruing points now

Ah that's exactly what I needed to know!

I shall get it ASAP in this case.

Wish I had done so sooner!

• Options
    edited November 2016

Yep

He is my charizard from fire red and he has beaten every e4 from every gen

I MIGHT have forgotten to beat the hgss e4, I can't remember and he doesn't have a ribbon for it

But he doesn't have a ribbon for beating the unova e4 either so maybe they just stopped giving out ribbons after dpp

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular

Yes.

I guess... unrevealed names of evolutions of revealed pokemon:
    Pikipek -> Trumbeak -> Toucannon
    Salandit -> Salazzle
    Wimpod -> Golisopod
    Crabrawler -> Crabominable
    Morelull -> Shiinotic

Unrevealed pokemon names:

Mareanie -> Toxapex
    Dewpider -> Araquanid
    Dhelmise

Kartana, Guzzlord, Xurkitree, Celesteela

Necrozma

Also
    Nihilego, Buzzwole, and Pheromosa.

• Options

Yep

He is my charizard from fire red and he has beaten every e4 from every gen

I MIGHT have forgotten to beat the hgss e4, I can't remember and he doesn't have a ribbon for it

But he doesn't have a ribbon for beating the unova e4 either so maybe they just stopped giving out ribbons after dpp

That's awesome. And you are correct, there is no Ribbon for beating the E4 in HGSS or either of the Gen V sets. They did reinstate them in Gen VI though.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Ribbons took a break for gen 5, yeah. You can earn them again in Gen 6.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Goddammit they're gonna make me beat the delta episode before I can rematch the OR E4

• Options
    Goddammit they're gonna make me beat the delta episode before I can rematch the OR E4

You can critical path the Delta Episode pretty quick (that was actually my big problem with it--it felt like a lot of "fly here, talk to dude, fly there, talk to dude" with no real organic progression). And it ends with the best fight in the game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Make sure to have the sound on

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Cthulhusopp is the best name for Wimpod

Deep cut one piece refs

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    So I've been mostly on media shutout, mostly because a slow trickle of Pokemon news doesn't really excite me all too much

Hearing Dan talk about this on this week's Bombcast though, showing effectiveness before you use moves? AWESOME. Way too many types to keep track of, and this saves me from having to pull out my phone and use the Dexter app

Got Moon through Amazon, so I should be playing it late Friday night

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Trying to wake up midway through the night to start a Nuzlocke in a brand new set of games seems like a foolproof idea that cannot possibly go wrong in any way, shape, nor form.

• Options
    That looks pretty good!

Is the sumo anime making a clean break and just saying "this is what would happen if ash was born here" or are they going to have to spend an entire episode covering how he is suddenly even younger now

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    That looks pretty good!

Is the sumo anime making a clean break and just saying "this is what would happen if ash was born here" or are they going to have to spend an entire episode covering how he is suddenly even younger now

I'm gonna guess neither and the just never explain it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    That looks pretty good!

i think it's: at some point on his adventures, what if this kid went to school as an exchange student on this island???

and it's vaguely in canon but set at a non-specific point on his adventures

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, Ash's weird redesign aside, that actually looks like one of the biggest increases in animation quality they've done in a while.

Granted I've not seen any of the show since the first two or three XY episodes. Mostly been doing that, just seeing the beginning to see which Starter he gets.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i think it allows the region to have more prominence if this isn't Just Another Retelling Of The Games

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Team Rocket gets Mimikyu.

Fitting

Some leaked footage implies that Ash and his Mom go here on a vacation. The redesign is solely to attract Yokai watch kids

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm in a starter crisis

I thought I was Team Rowlett this whole time

But Incineroar...Incineroar is very good

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Rowlet is the light.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Rowlet is the light.

but Incineroar is very good

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    Rowlett may be the light, but Incineroar blots out that light with the darkest of lariats.

This discussion has been closed.