As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Flash]: New New Season

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    The whole Caytlin going evil because she has powers is really, really ringing hollow with me.

Like why is she exactly going evil?

Multiple Personality Disorder.

It's Comics 101 for making a good character bad. Both evil and just bad.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Well, Flash had been good this season. I guess they can only go so long without incorporating something boring and stupid.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I will say I'm glad they didn't drag out the Caytlin secret out any longer.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    I will say I'm glad they didn't drag out the Caytlin secret out any longer.

And she's not mad at Cisco. She had a rational reaction after the initial anger.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    Based on the Vibe
    I don't think she and Cisco are fighting. I think they are training. But Cisco doesn't know it.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Based on the Vibe
    I don't think she and Cisco are fighting. I think they are training. But Cisco doesn't know it.
    Isn't Cisco is genre savvy enough to know that misinterpreting visions is a common trope?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The whole Caytlin going evil because she has powers is really, really ringing hollow with me.

Killer Frost traditionally isnt evil because she wants to be. Her powers make her a heat vampire and she needs to kill to survive. In this case it seems to be supressing her "warm" emotions too

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

Killer Frost traditionally isnt evil because she wants to be. Her powers make her a heat vampire and she needs to kill to survive. In this case it seems to be supressing her "warm" emotions too

Seems like a problem that could be solved with a one way ticket to (equatorial destination of your choice).

see317 wrote: »

Seems like a problem that could be solved with a one way ticket to (equatorial destination of your choice).

Or adapting the tech used by a co-worker to create a heat gun?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

She metabolizes heat faster than heat can generate though. Modding Heatwaves gun is probably a good idea but they seem to forget Cisco made the damn thing

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, Killer Frost needs to be near a constantly regenerating massive heat source. It's why in the comics, she reaaaaally liked Firestorm. Remember, the first season was all about Caitlin having a 'cold' personality even before the Accelerator explosion. That's probably her default state normally, with having only changed because of Barry.
    Who she seems to now be blaming for everything going wrong as Killer Frost, post-Flashpoint.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Does Flash in the comics have any Luther-type enemies? Like, someone who doesn't even have powers, but still manages to take him on? The closest I think we've had is Captain Cold, and that didn't last too long until they turned it into a truce.

The non-latest versions of Turtle Man.

• Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Mirror Master and the Trickster never really had powers, though Mirror Master's ability set got very exotic as time went on and they decided to just lump "mirror" into "dimensional portal."

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

She metabolizes heat faster than heat can generate though. Modding Heatwaves gun is probably a good idea but they seem to forget Cisco made the damn thing

Didn't she steal the power suppression cuffs to stop her change? Why isn't she wearing those things all the time now that she knows what Cisco saw?

LostNinja wrote: »

Didn't she steal the power suppression cuffs to stop her change? Why isn't she wearing those things all the time now that she knows what Cisco saw?
    She was.

sig.gif

We need to wait for Constantine to get back from there.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Uh...
    "I need you to vibe me in the future."

PHRASING!
    Caitlin, maybe stop taking off the fucking bracelets every five seconds since the one thing your mom did tell you was using them is driving the change. You also should probably realize that right after you do each demonstration you get emotionally upset and maybe Ms Doctor should recognize emotional affect, but whatever.

Also the constant source of heat thing just reinforces my Caitlin/Barry statement.

HR is doing a whole lot of "I agree with person who just agreed with me" lines. Clearly he is not a dick but still evil management version Wells.

Barry's speed being just as fast as the plot required him to be was in full force for that finale. Earlier this season he emptied a building in that time frame, now? Can't even react to a normal speed guy coming out of the ground. Wish they understood that stuff like Shade can be used to show Barry being competent and not having to have everything be mortal danger to superpowered guy. Flash's commitment to saving innocents gives him plenty of stakes in those sorts of confrontations.

Overall, I give it six out of five CW's.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Based on the Vibe
    I think how Cisco just assumes it's Killer Frost going evil and that he hasn't gone full Reverb instead and she's battling evil Cisco.

Lorek on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    The only thing for sure is he's wrong.

And Wally continues to suck.

Xeddicus on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I do like the wink wink thing the writers gave us so wells can be out in public. That's a slimy fuck who needs to be free.

And yeah Wally is the worst.

I do have to say Caitlyn has a point, this is all Barry's selfish ass fault, and he's selfish two ways in that he fucked it up, and then refuses to fix it because of fear it'll make it worse (though who's to say if this isn't the worst it'll be for his friends?)

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    And oh hey, Malfoy wasn't anywhere to be found when they went to fight Alchemy. That wasn't suspicious, no sir.
    I hope that it's a double-bluff, but one they've actually planned out ahead of time.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    And oh hey, Malfoy wasn't anywhere to be found when they went to fight Alchemy. That wasn't suspicious, no sir.
    I hope that it's a double-bluff, but one they've actually planned out ahead of time.

He was secretly fighting Harry Potter.

He also wasn't at the movie night after being invited by Barry.

dun dun DUNNNNNN~!

sig.gif
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

I'd say it was too blatant, but this is Flash.

Honestly they've mentioned H.R.'s Earth 19 partner too many times, and now introduced an actor for him. Feels like a solid bet for Alchemy.

But, like, wouldn't he be an Alchemist?

Just as long as he's not a full metal one, sure.

sig.gif
    But, like, wouldn't he be an Alchemist?
    Only if he's the best one.

Tonight:
    None of us needed the speed force to see that reveal coming...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Finally got to see an episode live. For some reason i get 0 CW reception at my place, so i need cable to get the over-the-air show...

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    The one in which the obvious is revealed:
    Huh, they do now how to show how devastating super speed would be in a fight. Shame Barry doesn't.

Cisco can open a rift to the waterfront. He can do what now?

Oh, nope only for this one plot hole-errific time.

Ah, Joe just had to be detective long enough to commit some police brutality. Right.

Now random CSI is going all super black chamber on random folks. Man, what must of life been like in TV writing rooms before folks believed that a random cop and a computer could do anything? So many long lunches missed in favor of actual plotting.

Barry don't let Julian see...oh, right then. Good job.

Dick Cisco is best Cisco. All dressed up as Vibe with all of his super vibration powers and everything and he tells cold Barry "Vibrate yourself". HA.

...and the utterly predictable final reveal. Man, I wish Patty was back writing this show.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Gasp!
    Draco Malfoy is a evil wizard!
    I just didn't see it coming.

Sigh.
    He keeps his Dr. Alchemy getup in the police station CSI cabinet

Also, Savatar (oh, I get it, "Speed Avatar") wants him to "become Alchemy again," like he had quit. Bitch please, he was Alchemy earlier in the episode!

• SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    Good episode. The reveal was obvious as all hell but hard to get wound up about because it's not like it was being set up as some crazy mystery - not like the mishandled Zoom/Jay/Zolomon thing from S02.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
    Good episode. The reveal was obvious as all hell but hard to get wound up about because it's not like it was being set up as some crazy mystery - not like the mishandled Zoom/Jay/Zolomon thing from S02.

Give it time. They'll have like four more twists before the end of the season.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    is caitlyn going to go out with supergirls sister though

is that the twist

obF2Wuw.png
    Savitar, actually.

sig.gif
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I thought the episode was pretty good up until the most obvious reveal in the world. I did like that HR was useful and actually provided some good advice/tactics plus I loved Tom Cavanagh spinning the drum sticks around his fingers.

Gah. I just thought of something.
    Savitar said he needs Alchemy to help him return. What if Savitar is Zoom? You have the white streaks ala Zoom. I pray that's not it...

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    also the powers turning you evil thing is just

real dum

i hope she gets to keep spooky freeze powers without being a sleg

obF2Wuw.png
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    I thought the episode was pretty good up until the most obvious reveal in the world. I did like that HR was useful and actually provided some good advice/tactics plus I loved Tom Cavanagh spinning the drum sticks around his fingers.

Gah. I just thought of something.
    Savitar said he needs Alchemy to help him return. What if Savitar is Zoom? You have the white streaks ala Zoom. I pray that's not it...
    I mean
    Zoom II was never a speedster, he just used the Speed Force to time-travel so it looked like he was a speedster. That looks almost exactly like what we saw with Savitar.

sig.gif
    Sigh.

Also, Savatar (oh, I get it, "Speed Avatar") wants him to "become Alchemy again," like he had quit. Bitch please, he was Alchemy earlier in the episode!
    Didn't Barry used to keep his Flash outfit in his locker? I think that was even worse, since I don't think it was even locked.

Sigh.

Didn't Barry used to keep his Flash outfit in his locker? I think that was even worse, since I don't think it was even locked.

Not making the show seem better, klemming. :lol: