As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Pretty sure an FTL game would just descend into us all voting to open the airlocks and keep them open forever.

I'm in.

I hate bringing up Old Wounds. But I would love for Bedlam to be captain.

(I see that event as purely amusing now that a lot of time has passed)

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Also yeah, my game is gonna be a bit - I'm trying to do Persona-esque avatars for it......and I'm putting way too much time into "production value"

It also has Donnie Darko-isms which......I'm only beginning to grasp myself- I feel I want to run the game when I at least fully grasp them :)

eo2X9b.gif

Egos on
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    Dammit. Getting antsy. If no one has anything ready to go, I got something I've been working on.,.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    So, does anybody have a game ready? Or should I start hobbling together a random garbage vanilla game to inflict on everyone?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I was going to finish one up but my daughter got pink eye and double ear infections instead. Inflict away!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    bandwagon finally got back to me. i'm gonna put something up tomorrow evening.

gonna be a trainwreck.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    If games are needed and interest is still there, I can run another game at some point next month where I will hopefully have the time.

I can run phalla royale since I greatly enjoy the theme if interest is there, but I'm also trying to think of another theme that may be fun that I'd enjoy.

Can we still garner 20-30 players for a game?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »
    If games are needed and interest is still there, I can run another game at some point next month where I will hopefully have the time.

I can run phalla royale since I greatly enjoy the theme if interest is there, but I'm also trying to think of another theme that may be fun that I'd enjoy.

Generally yes. It's actually not a problem of lack of interest, I think, it's a problem of people being busy at the moment. I doubt if the holiday season is going to make things any easier on folks.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular

I'd love a phalla royale (but you already know that). I've actually been thinking about running a phalla royale-ish game myself in case you don't have time to host.

I think it'd be a good idea to either have the game end well before Christmas or else start it early January.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Dammit, I'm now totally stuck on the idea of a WestWorld Phalla, so that'll probably be a thing after the holidays. Hold onto your butts folks.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I should really sign up for a game so that I actually commit to making it.

Vent Games presents: Arena of Phalla. Coming January 2017 (hopefully).

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    The Wind up Bird phalla has ended with multiple factions victorious.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Got a phalla in my head...

News and Clickbait: The Phalla.

Not sure how it's going to work but the idea is that the village is trying to make a news site and the mafia is trying to make sure that it's filled with fake new stories.

• Options
    Is Russia the mafia ;-) ?

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »

Why isn't this not a game yet?

The village's job is to find the Russian "diplomats".

• Options
    edited December 2016
    @Grunt's Ghosts run it up till the Inauguration ;-)
    LostNinja wrote: »

Why isn't this not a game yet?

The village's job is to find the Russian "diplomats".

The village PM can be a secret message from Obama.

Egos on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    We have nothing running right now, is that correct? Do we have anyone close to being ready?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    The SK is the Zodiac Killer.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    The SK is the Zodiac Killer.

Ted Cruz?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    @Grunt's Ghosts PM me if you want a co-host and turn this into American Media Phalla 3 as opposed to non-specific media members.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @Grunt's Ghosts PM me if you want a co-host and turn this into American Media Phalla 3 as opposed to non-specific media members.

I call the serial killer, if that's the case!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    There is no phalla running cause of Holiday Upside Down and people spending time with their meatspace families, yes.

Speaking of, probably should start nailing down the mechanics on West[Phalla] now that they've had a month of percolation

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I call the serial killer, if that's the case!

Chuck Todd, David Broder's Heir.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    I find you all delightfully disturbing.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Buddha73 wrote: »
    I find you all delightfully disturbing.

Buddha! You're back! I didn't miss you!

• Options
    I missed you, Buddha.

8aVNri.gif

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Phalla died and Buddha killed it.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Sir fab trying to shift blame?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Phalla died when Buddha left.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Where did all my free time go? I will try and do something before the end of the month.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    Just a note: Egos and MrBlarney have moved their claims to February. Haven't probed anyone else for games.

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    I can get a game up quickly if none of the signed-up hosts are ready to go.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Locus wrote: »

I think it may be for the best if we ride this lull out until it breaks because someone has time and a good idea, honestly. Things have been stale and perfunctory more than a few times in the last several games.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

I think it may be for the best if we ride this lull out until it breaks because someone has time and a good idea, honestly. Things have been stale and perfunctory more than a few times in the last several games.

Regarding this, I try to run a battle royale themed game once per year. Is that contributing to your note here? I am not really around here much so don't know for sure.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Regarding this, I try to run a battle royale themed game once per year. Is that contributing to your note here? I am not really around here much so don't know for sure.

Actually so far as I can recall we all get hype for those. I'm not saying we should wait on something special, just that rolling something out for the sake of phalla-ing may not be the right way to get things running again.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Are you saying you need something mechanically interesting but poorly balanced?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Are you saying you need something mechanically interesting but poorly balanced?

I mean, if you want quick and easy, just us a vanilla game template?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    38th wants it to be quick and easy but also great

Egos on
  • Options
    38th wants it to be quick and easy but also great
    Hashtag make phalla great again.

steam_sig.png