As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nintendo 8-Bit Mario pins.

fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin ManNewcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited October 2016 in Pinny Arcade
EDIT: It was 8-bit Mario pins:

OP:

This image was released at West:

rCgvOoHm.jpg

General consensus is that it's a 4 or more set of Nintendo pins to be released at AUS.

Not sure what the theme will be, but I'll bet Mike made sure to do the art. :cool:

fishfishmonkeyhat on

Nintendo 8-Bit Mario pins. 34 votes

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild tie-in
20%
fishfishmonkeyhatvonhisttheoriginalzTubby2877blighttdmkrovekZynthio 7 votes
Super Mario Run tie-in
29%
KurpavCount3DLejicskellermightyh0bbestimmywilmisskassDashboardBromathisredACEprime 10 votes
NX tie-in
8%
AyefkayadambargAsphoron 3 votes
A general mix of Nintendo characters
20%
EgosSolelronTheAggroCraig2slayeruSennoPacheco909Slylou123 7 votes
Something disapointing
20%
YoungFreyLazorzsennohkiKeroanCapt WasabiPAX_Skeletorbrainiac744 7 votes

• PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Something disapointing
    I voted for something disappointing, purely because if it anything other than a set of Waluigi pins I will be disappointed.

• vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I voted zelda because of the anniversary.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    NX tie-in
    if i could have 2 votes i would pick zelda, breath of the wild as close second. i believe we are so close to an nx announcement that it could possibly be related to it somehow...atleast, i really hope so.....

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Tubby2877Tubby2877 Addicted Pinner Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    i just hope If it is a Zelda pin, it's not a panel Zelda pin, as it could be here
    https://www.facebook.com/PAXAUS/posts/1308362215865082:0

There will be prizes people, PRIZES!!!!!!!!

Tubby2877 on
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular

This is the first Nintendo pinny arcade pin - and being released at Aus is a huge boon for aussie collectors. But I believe it will have international appeal as well, and to ensure it has enough appeal for a wide audience, a collection of Nintendo characters seem to be the safest bet.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I don't want to assume it's going to debut at Aus, but it would be super cool if it did.

I'm assuming due to the red Pinny Arcade font it will be a Mario tie in set, with 4 pins of any of the following: Mario/Luigi/Peach/Toad/Yoshi/DK/etc.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm assuming due to the red Pinny Arcade font

A clue I hadn't considered.

• KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    Super Mario Run tie-in
    I vote Mario, 'cause they just posted a photo of the set.

On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    Super Mario Run tie-in

Mario Set

On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Super Mario Run tie-in
    Kurpav wrote: »
    I'm gonna vote for Mario as well for no particular reason at all. /whistles

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    Disclaimer: I 100% appreciate this was probably a long and tough partnership to acquire, it's also totally 100% awesome as heck.

That said, I find this set a bit underwhelming. I just feel like original Mario has been done to absolute death and I guess the 30th Anniv didn't help with that. I guess this is probably a continuation of that.

While not directly Nintendo, the Aus kart set for example, is substantially more interesting. I hope Nintendo embraces a more Pinny style and/or commissions an artist to draw the next set, rather than just printing sprites.

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Super Mario Run tie-in
    May or may not be at Aus, apparently.

hkbjhqf5jrvf.png

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    NX tie-in
    i change my vote... disapointed

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    @Dabe hey so you know that awesome trade we're doing at AUS...

edited October 2016
    grgemonkey wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I 100% appreciate this was probably a long and tough partnership to acquire, it's also totally 100% awesome as heck.

That said, I find this set a bit underwhelming. I just feel like original Mario has been done to absolute death and I guess the 30th Anniv didn't help with that. I guess this is probably a continuation of that.

While not directly Nintendo, the Aus kart set for example, is substantially more interesting. I hope Nintendo embraces a more Pinny style and/or commissions an artist to draw the next set, rather than just printing sprites.

I agree mostly.

Awesome that we're getting ANY Nintendo pins that are official PA pins (and I LOVE Mario's 8-Bit aesthetic), but a shame we didn't get to see Mike's take on the style. I mean, I doubt that pins that look exactly like these ones haven't been released before.

Still, don't want this gift horse to know I'm looking it in the mouth.. :biggrin::whistle:

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Would have preferred a set in Mike's style.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Well, it had to be Mario or Megaman for their first pixelart pin set. And we already had Megaman.

Degraine wrote: »
    Well, it had to be Mario or Megaman for their first pixelart pin set. And we already had Megaman.

Megaman has nothing to do with Nintendo apart from some of the games appearing on Nintendo consoles. It's why you find Megaman on all the consoles now. Megaman is a Capcom franchise.

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    Senno wrote: »

Megaman has nothing to do with Nintendo apart from some of the games appearing on Nintendo consoles. It's why you find Megaman on all the consoles now. Megaman is a Capcom franchise.

Someone's been listening to the Pinny Pals podcast.

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png

Someone's been listening to the Pinny Pals podcast.

Well yeah, but I already knew about Capcom owning the Megaman franchise.

edited October 2016
    So look what @Capt Wasabi found:

https://store.penny-arcade.com/products/nintendo-lanyard

pins_ninlan01.jpg

omg

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    that lanyard is dope

• Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular

Ehh, I was referring to it being an iconic 8-bit series. And I'm a Nintendo lad from that era, so Sonic, Alex Kidd and such didn't really figure on my radar at the time. And I never played Castlevania besides the rubbish N64 game.

Anyway, that lanyard shall be mine.

Well they took the site link down, but not the image.

They were selling the lanyard at AUS in case anyone didn't hear.

The pins look pretty awesome irl. I was initially disappointed in it being a straight pixel enlargement but the quality of PA pins helps a bunch. Mike mentioned how awesome it was to have access to all of Nintendo's art catalogue and I bet it was.

• nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    I thought it was going up on the Pinny Arcade store today. Did they forget?

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I think they'll be out for Christmas. So, may have to wait until December or so

RILMS on
    OtyHMcu.jpg
    RILMS wrote: »
    I think they'll be out for Christmas. So, may have to wait until December or so

ah, I was basing it off of their last post.
    "Super Mario Bros.™ World 1-1 Pin Set
    Available, for the first time, at both PAX Merch Booths. Available on the Penny Arcade Store on November 17th, 2016."

https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2016/10/28/pinny-arcade-pax-aus-pin-quest

• newfoundcontrolnewfoundcontrol Registered User regular
    I've actually been checking in pretty much every hour looking for them myself.

• ajetog@gmail.comajetog@gmail.com WisconsinRegistered User regular
    The Super Mario set will be on sale in the PA store at 12:30 PST today.

Thanks, no idea how you knew that but I just purchase one. Cheers.

• ajetog@gmail.comajetog@gmail.com WisconsinRegistered User regular
    nomisro wrote: »

Thanks, no idea how you knew that but I just purchase one. Cheers.
    Follow @pinny_arcade on Twitter, they tweet the info there.

There's a limit of 2 Mario sets @$34.99each per order.

• Teeg98Teeg98 Registered User new member
    Does anyone know if that awesome lanyard that is show up thread will make it to the online store?

It's weird it's not.

Maybe they're sneaking them into orders as a bonus?

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I don't even do the pin collecting thing but I had to order these Mario ones when I saw that they were available today... So good.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • astroboiastroboi Melbourne, AusRegistered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    I don't even do the pin collecting thing
    You do now ;)

Now they have the lanyard for purchase. Wish they would have put it up at the same time as the Mario Pinny set to combine shipping. Not sure the lanyard is worth it due to shipping cost.

• Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Now they have the lanyard for purchase. Wish they would have put it up at the same time as the Mario Pinny set to combine shipping. Not sure the lanyard is worth it due to shipping cost.

Waiting for the next blind box release next week. Will throw it in my cart then.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Something disapointing

Waiting for the next blind box release next week. Will throw it in my cart then.

Put anything you want in your cart *before* the Double Secret Boxes go on sale again. That way you don't have to waste time doing it when they do. They sold out in ~4 minutes last week. And if you are in Club PA, copy your discount code into the paste buffer beforehand also.

YoungFrey on