As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Internet Radio [Podcasts]

nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
Listening to podcasts keeps me sane. Here are the last five I listened to.
- The Adventure Zone
- Waypoint Radio
- 2 Dope Queens
- Friends at the Table
- The Flop House

What about you?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    the new ads for Pop Rocket are actually decent

i don't understand

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Last Podcast on the Left
    Reply All
    The Moth

Are my current jams.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options

i don't understand

I don't believe you. There's never been a good Max Fun ad.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    edited November 2016

i don't understand

Theyre like...... Completely non-offensive

The Betgirl on
    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Last 5:
    Alt+F1
    Blue Dawn
    All My Fantasy Children
    Waypoint Radio
    The Adventure Zone

Starting up Rose Buddies now, new FatT inbound shortly

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The Dollop
    TAZ
    Waypoint Radio
    The Giantbombcast
    MBMBAM

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Hey the podcast thread's back, here's what I wrote down while I listened to this week's Totally Reprise. It was a pretty fucked up episode of Totally Spies, but to be fair I think that every time.
    "How about you, Dustin?" "Burn everything to the ground." "Fuck, do I agree with that."
    "I recieved Homestuck merch in the mail." "Oh no."
    "FF15 was never real, it was a mass hallucination."
    "It uses a lot of good vocaloid stuff." "Oh man, you sold me."
    When I didn't know what vocaloids were and I looked them up, all of the internet ads I got for about a week were for cosplay stuff
    I like Izetta
    Fuck, what if they did a toys-to-life Kantai Collection, I need to go to Japan and make that shit
    "Whoops, lesbian sex." "Ashley's favorite!"
    "I just wrote down, 'this is how Marathon sees its fans.'"
    "Heeeey, Ashley, are you ready for fetishes?"
    "Yeah, Molly, we're doing this. Listen, we don't have a lot anymore. Calling retired Japanese wrestlers 'mommy' is all I have."
    Beautiful People, Miserable Lives
    "Within ten seconds, I sympathized with Clay, because he was like, 'but I have horrible dandruff.'" same
    "I feel for you Clay, you are a beautiful person but you struggle with dandruff."
    "Option 2: They didn't know about the term 'normie.' Option 3: They knew about the term 'normie.'"
    I like that everyone has finally come to see that Clover is good, in this, the episode entitled 'Clover Commits a War Crime'
    The gadgets are so important to Molly
    If Clover's mother's hair can become snakes, Clover's must be able to do that too, because they have the exact same hair
    It's really weird that there's just a scene of the spies beating the shit out of a bunch of kids
    "The spies fall into the ocean, so I'm sure the kid's fine." "I mean, yeah, I guess so, but probably not."
    "Not only does Clover read manga, she's reading Japanese manga." "She's reading it in its original Nihongo."
    Even though I can't think of any actual reason to think that Clover's mom is constantly drinking wine, it is definitely true
    "I mean, the people of Beverly Hills probably have like seven boats each, so you know, they're not going to miss one." "That's probably true, you're right." "This was actually someone's dog's boat."
    "I think dogs should boat!"
    "I know that like, maybe it's a little unethical, but fighting an army of children seems fine. Like, seems like no issue. You win very easily."
    "No, that's just a pile. They get piled up all the time, except this one very clearly has Sam's titties in the foreground."
    "I just saved your mind, asshole." "Weeeeelllll..."
    "Can Sam like, lift skyscrapers?" Yes
    That was a FUCKED UP ending, even for Totally Spies
    "I hope Normie is like, the final villain." this would be kind of perfect, actually

• Options
    Last 5:
    Alt+F1
    Blue Dawn
    All My Fantasy Children
    Waypoint Radio
    The Adventure Zone

Starting up Rose Buddies now, new FatT inbound shortly

Oh shit! Season three is starting this week? I'm so glad I caught up.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    -The Adventure Zone
    -CTV Power Play
    -In Our Time
    -Revolutions
    -The History of Byzantium

Currently doing an evening painting study thing of a nude person and waiting for the new FatT to drop. Pretty good Thursday night.

• Options
    I think the last five podcasts I listened to were:
    -Digital Moncast
    -Waypoint Radio (I just started this today)
    -Totally Reprise
    -MBMBAM
    -Rose Buddies maybe? I can't remember that far back

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Archives of the Bloody Disgusting podcast
    Last Podcast on the Left
    Giantbombcast
    FilmJunk
    StarTalkRadio

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Giant Bombcast
    SBFC
    #How2Wrestling / Attitude Era Podcast
    Giant Beastcast
    WTF with Marc Maron

I haven't listened to nearly as much Beastcast since Austin left for some of that Vice money. I might pick it back up when Dan joins, if only for the hijinks.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Last Podcast on the Left
    Reply All
    The Moth

Are my current jams.
    LPOTL is so, so so good

(Hail satan)

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    The Adventure Zone
    The Dollop
    Let me tell you about Evangelion
    Vice Radio
    The Bombcast
    Hello from the magic tavern

simulacrum on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    SBFC and Revolutions.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Last Podcast on the Left
    Reply All
    The Moth

Are my current jams.
    LPOTL is so, so so good

(Hail satan)

Megustalations, BFL

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Listening to podcasts keeps me sane. Here are the last five I listened to.
    - The Adventure Zone
    - Waypoint Radio
    - 2 Dope Queens
    - Friends at the Table
    - The Flop House

What about you?

Those plus
    Npr's Pop Culture Happy Hour
    Let me Tell You About Homestuck
    The Dollop
    Idle Weekend
    Hello From the Magic Tavern
    Beastcast
    WHM....

I listen to maybe too many podcats

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Hey the podcast thread's back, here's what I wrote down while I listened to this week's Totally Reprise. It was a pretty fucked up episode of Totally Spies, but to be fair I think that every time.
    "How about you, Dustin?" "Burn everything to the ground." "Fuck, do I agree with that."
    When I didn't know what vocaloids were and I looked them up, all of the internet ads I got for about a week were for cosplay stuff
    I like Izetta
    Fuck, what if they did a toys-to-life Kantai Collection, I need to go to Japan and make that shit
    "Yeah, Molly, we're doing this. Listen, we don't have a lot anymore. Calling retired Japanese wrestlers 'mommy' is all I have."
    "Within ten seconds, I sympathized with Clay, because he was like, 'but I have horrible dandruff.'" same
    "I feel for you Clay, you are a beautiful person but you struggle with dandruff."
    "Option 2: They didn't know about the term 'normie.' Option 3: They knew about the term 'normie.'"
    I like that everyone has finally come to see that Clover is good, in this, the episode entitled 'Clover Commits a War Crime'
    If Clover's mother's hair can become snakes, Clover's must be able to do that too, because they have the exact same hair
    It's really weird that there's just a scene of the spies beating the shit out of a bunch of kids
    "The spies fall into the ocean, so I'm sure the kid's fine." "I mean, yeah, I guess so, but probably not."
    "Not only does Clover read manga, she's reading Japanese manga." "She's reading it in its original Nihongo."
    Even though I can't think of any actual reason to think that Clover's mom is constantly drinking wine, it is definitely true
    "I mean, the people of Beverly Hills probably have like seven boats each, so you know, they're not going to miss one." "That's probably true, you're right." "This was actually someone's dog's boat."
    "I know that like, maybe it's a little unethical, but fighting an army of children seems fine. Like, seems like no issue. You win very easily."
    "No, that's just a pile. They get piled up all the time, except this one very clearly has Sam's titties in the foreground."
    "I hope Normie is like, the final villain." this would be kind of perfect, actually

You know, the ending was pretty fucked up

but I think Clover reading manga in Japanese is what's fucking me up the most

That's such a weird detail and they even had her flipping the pages correctly

is

is reading manga in the original Japanese one of the animators's fetishes?

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i most recently listened to waypoint radio. speaking of,

@hermano old pal, you know what to do. As for you, talk nation--the discourse is now yours.
    (i won't keep posting these every time but i kinda want to actually keep making them regularly? it's deeply satisfying to be so stupid)

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I like Izetta

You know, the ending was pretty fucked up

but I think Clover reading manga in Japanese is what's fucking me up the most

That's such a weird detail and they even had her flipping the pages correctly

is

is reading manga in the original Japanese one of the animators's fetishes?

Yeah that's true, it's definitely been a fetish every other time they put that much effort into something, so it kind of has to be.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Last Podcast on the Left
    Reply All
    The Moth

Are my current jams.
    LPOTL is so, so so good

(Hail satan)

Megustalations, BFL

Megustalations, Baroque!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    my last five:

-rose buddies
    -adventure zone
    -comedy bang bang
    -totally reprise
    -my brother my brother and me

• Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    Last five were:

-The Adventure Zone
    -Trans Mission Radio
    -Planet Money
    -Welcome to Nightvale
    -Friends at the Table

A mighty fine crop of podcasts there.

I have a twitter.
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I'm only up to the Money Zone, but this latest TAZ is Very Very Good

The boys are doing some excellent character work! I'm so proud of them!

There was a moment in the early going that made me feel like a gigantic moron.
    So the half-elf gal sees the billboard with the "heart of the forest" on it, and my initial thought was, "Oh, what a coincidence! She was just talking about dryads to Merle!"

Yeah, self. It's a "coincidence" that the guy who writes the story had the character say a relevant thing to another person. What a serenfuckingdipitous turn of events. What were the fucking odds.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    The last 5 I listened to were:
    Waypoint Radio
    Revolutions
    Rose Buddies
    The Flop House
    Fast Karate for the Gentleman

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    probably the only podcasts I'm still consistently listening to every episode of still are
    The Adventure Zone
    Flip The Table

I still sporadically listen to
    We Hate Movies
    The Flop House

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    My Last 5:

All My Fantasy Children*
    Plus Two Comedy
    One-Shot
    Bump and Grind
    Games Closet
    * YEAH I LISTEN TO MY OWN PODCAST FUCK YOU

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Roleplay Public Radio!

They recently finished a playtest campaign for Upwind, a game system that has players using a deck of cards instead of dice. Most GM interactions are done by negotiating the stakes. If a player wants to do something big they have to agree to the stakes of losing, and they can choose how risky/safe they want to play with that before cards are thrown on the table. They also just released a Delta Green game where the players chose the absolutely worst pregen characters for this scenario.

The F Plus

Reading terrible things on the internet with enthusiasm. Think of it as a Retsupurae in audio form. Their latest episode also starts with a disclaimer that they should probably have added a long time ago. Episode 232 has them delving into the world of a Reddit community that prides itself on their Myers-Briggs Type Indicator result. I physically recoiled at some of the statements they poked at while commuting, so they hit on some A quality terrible things.

Duckfeed network

They have a lot of shows on a variety of subjects. From Abject Suffering where they play terrible games, Bonfireside Chat for long and involved Dark Souls series discussion and breakdown of various pieces of design, and probably their main venue Watch Out For Fireballs where they play an old game and hold a discussion of their thoughts and experiences on it. Every once in a while they break their date limit for what constitutes an old game for WOFF and play a modern indie game. They recently did an episode on Bastion that I feel introduces their style well for anyone here who wants to delve in.

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    the dollop
    judge john hodgman
    sawbones
    the giant bombcast
    waypoint radio

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I don't think I have ever actually listened to a podcast

Well I guess lots of NPR shows release on the podcast format as well? But I listen to them on the radio so I wouldn't count that

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I listen to

Roll For your Lives
    Lets Place
    AMV Club

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    The Flop House
    Thirty-Twenty-Ten
    Let Me Tell You About Evangelion
    The Adventure Zone
    Talking Simpsons

The last five I listened to today.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I forgot to update my podcast app with the new RSS for TWA, and also i'm a moron when it comes to remembering release schedules, so I haven't listened to one since mid-October.

This is a good time to have a tightly-colored backlog to catch up on. The more things I have to fill time so I don't have to think about other stuff the better.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Super Marcato Brothers!

Game music podcast featuring two brothers with formal education in classical music. I'll admit I started listening to this for their Breath of Fire episode(which is good), and more recently for their Kirby: Planet Robobot episode(also super good). The latter goes into discussions on being faithful to musical motifs of a series while expanding genre choices. If you have a game music darling it's probably somewhere in their archives.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I forgot to update my podcast app with the new RSS for TWA, and also i'm a moron when it comes to remembering release schedules, so I haven't listened to one since mid-October.

This is a good time to have a tightly-colored backlog to catch up on. The more things I have to fill time so I don't have to think about other stuff the better.

should be on the website if you need it :)

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I highly recommend checking in on the latest Dollop, about James Lewis, the man so dumb that he implicated himself in the Chicago Tylenol Murders from the 1980s while trying to frame someone else for them

Neither party were actually involved

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Geologic (
    Judge John Hodgman
    Stop Podcasting Yourself
    Bullseye
    Skeptic's Guide to the Universe
    Coverville

Years ago my wife bought me a Zune so I have been using their software to download and listen to podcasts, but Microsoft no longer supports the Zune software so I can no longer look for new shows. Since I recently got an android I was wondering about whether or not that has a decent program for managing my podcasts so I can look for new ones.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Man, my improv' comedy group needs to get back into the podcast scene.

We had one for a little bit, but it was just four dudes talking about pop culture stuff.

Which I hate as a concept because oh my god there's a million podcasts that do that.

So I've been scratching my head over some ideas...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Man, my improv' comedy group needs to get back into the podcast scene.

We had one for a little bit, but it was just four dudes talking about pop culture stuff.

Which I hate as a concept because oh my god there's a million podcasts that do that.

So I've been scratching my head over some ideas...

Collect and compare various flavors of Corn Nuts

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    There's an endless supply of TV shows to rewatch

Oh god so many rewatch podcasts

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
This discussion has been closed.