As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Internet Radio [Podcasts]

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Poorochondriac, I actually got an idea I've been tinkering with an idea.

Mind if I PM you about it?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    @Poorochondriac, I actually got an idea I've been tinkering with an idea.

Mind if I PM you about it?

Go (corn) nuts, my man

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I really like 2 Dope Queens and Put Your Hands Together for standup, but I've been avoiding them for the last week because I really don't want to hear my favorite lady comics being all depressed about the election.

How Did This Get Made is great too.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think maybe that's just Jeff's resting state

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Seg wrote: »
    Geologic (
    Judge John Hodgman
    Stop Podcasting Yourself
    Bullseye
    Skeptic's Guide to the Universe
    Coverville

Years ago my wife bought me a Zune so I have been using their software to download and listen to podcasts, but Microsoft no longer supports the Zune software so I can no longer look for new shows. Since I recently got an android I was wondering about whether or not that has a decent program for managing my podcasts so I can look for new ones.

@seg pocketcasts is the way to go.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    You do have to pay for Pocketcasts (once for each platform too unfortunately) and it also doesn't play nice with changed RSS feeds as we found out, but it's amazing.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    slowly working my way through the adventure zone, still. I'm...halfway through the crystal kingdom arc?

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I listen to

TWA
    Digitalmoncast
    All Along the Watch tower
    Roll for your lives

And I guess I'll start listening to Let's Place...

Because I am really excited for the last one that was recorded.

Why you ask?

... no reason.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I think maybe that's just Jeff's resting state

Resting Jeff Face

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Eight most recent podcasts

Giant Bombcast
    Giant Beastcast
    Teenagers With Attitude
    Waypoint Radio
    Podcast Unlocked
    Idle Thumbs
    Idle Weekend
    Let Me Tell You About Evangelion

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Man, my improv' comedy group needs to get back into the podcast scene.

We had one for a little bit, but it was just four dudes talking about pop culture stuff.

Which I hate as a concept because oh my god there's a million podcasts that do that.

So I've been scratching my head over some ideas...

individually rate, review, and compare each McDonald's in your county

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    griffin cited the dice level from gunstar heroes as an inspiration for the current adventure zone arc and I fucking love him for it

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    fuck me, this fatt

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    -My Brother, My Brother, and Me
    -Greatest Generation
    -Campaign Podcast
    -The Flop House
    -Cool Games Inc.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Last 5 I listened to:

Going Pearshaped
    Star-Talk
    TWA
    Nerdist
    Let's Place

Also, my own but that's from me editing. :P

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Tights and Fights
    Trans Mission Radio
    The Arcology Podcast (Shadowrun podcast)
    All My Fantasy Children
    TWA

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Man, if I was playing this TAZ arc I would think this entire Wonderland setup was 100% bullshit

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Seg wrote: »
    Geologic (
    Judge John Hodgman
    Stop Podcasting Yourself
    Bullseye
    Skeptic's Guide to the Universe
    Coverville

Years ago my wife bought me a Zune so I have been using their software to download and listen to podcasts, but Microsoft no longer supports the Zune software so I can no longer look for new shows. Since I recently got an android I was wondering about whether or not that has a decent program for managing my podcasts so I can look for new ones.

@seg pocketcasts is the way to go.

I can second the pocketcasts recommendation. I'm very happy with it.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Has anyone been having an odd issue with Downcast recently where it selects a different podcast than the one you actually tapped? It comes and goes, but it's been irritating having to tap through them all to find the one I was aiming for.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Very good rose buddies and TAZ this week

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Also FatT is back in proper gear and it's great

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    The Suffering Game has been so good so far

and it has also put me INCREDIBLY on edge
    when Justin said "it's our podcast, we can't die" I just gritted my teeth

taking all bets, what're the odds one of Tres Horny Boys doesn't get out alive from this arc

• Options
    TAZ spoilers
    I want fanart of the crew as jesse, james and meowth really bad now

also

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    404ing it at GaymerX East 2016

Has Danielle and Austin on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_lOS3hNGZQ

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

taking all bets, what're the odds one of Tres Horny Boys doesn't get out alive from this arc
    Very low, cause then what are they gonna do, not be on the show for the 6 months or so it takes to wrap it up?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    This last email on the Beastcast is giving me vibes of Leomon being the shittest for dying all the time.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Very low, cause then what are they gonna do, not be on the show for the 6 months or so it takes to wrap it up?
    I mean, it's D&D

they could find a way to integrate whoever the new character is

I do take your point though

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

I mean, it's D&D

Its possible someone dies, but I would think it would be an extremely heroic moment at the very end of the campaign

Its just not great podcasting to kill someone off like 6 months before the show ends

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

I mean, it's D&D

Its possible someone dies, but I would think it would be an extremely heroic moment at the very end of the campaign

Its just not great podcasting to kill someone off like 6 months before the show ends
    Especially since I find it very unlikely that Griffin doesn't have plans on how to tie up all their arcs in the endgame

After, oh, the first arc or so, they weren't playing D&D anymore

They have been using D&D as a mechanic to collaboratively tell a story, one that thousands of people are really invested in

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
  • Options
    FatT
    Bye Adaire! Nice meeting you

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Oh My God that Tiny Train in 404ing It! My coworkers are looking at me weird for just laughing hysterically.

Edit: Fuck, I saw Nectar sodas in those vending machines, that is a fucking fantastic peach soda that I had so often in Japan.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    i think the last 5 pods i listened to were:

-waypoint
    -CBB solo bolo quatrolo
    -flop house
    -going pearshaped
    -the UTU2TM ep w/ harris wittels because it is a classic

also i just saw dead pilot society has its third ep up, with a pilot written by Matt Gourley and Amanda Lund (his fiancee)!! suuuper recommend the first two eps to anyone who hasn't given em a shot yet, it only comes out monthly so it's not a huge commitment and both eps so far have been fantastic

ALSO maddy myers' new movie podcast is a great listen too--if anyone is looking for a new movie podcast, i really recommend it. listened to the twilight and 50 shades of grey eps so far. the other woman on there, mary ellen, (who i call the other woman because i hadn't heard anything from her before) is also very entertaining and they have a great energy even though i think their interstitial music is inferior to Talk!'s

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Just started the new FatT

I'm loving the idea of playing a professional mapmaker in a standard fantasy world, and I may swipe it

I just read a book on the history of cartography, and it seems like a really ripe field to explore that nobody really thinks about anymore

• Options
    Cartography is still very important in rural areas: geography majors in Ireland spend a bunch of time settling land disputes

This discussion has been closed.